Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Edmunds Members - Cars and Conversations

Comments

• driver100driver100 Member Posts: 31,976

driver100 said:

Ok let me ask the BMW people here on their opinion on a 2014 428i convertible with about 33k on the clock.

Good for a lot of people...but, I don't know if you will be happy with it. You are going to be paying much more for service, parts, insurance etc. I don't think you will enjoy that.

I get being practical, nothing wrong with it, but, very hard for a very practical person to live an impractical life.

I on the other hand could be interested! :p
    Well first off it will be the wifes car and secondly if she is happy with it then the additional costs aren't an issue for me.
    In that case....go for it.
    As long as if you get an oil change bill for $200.....don't say I told you so.

2017 MB E400 , 2015 MB GLK350, 2014 MB C250

CT4 looks sharp. CT5, in pictures, I keep thinking of the previous Chrysler 200:

Come on...that is an insult to the Chryco 200! :s

No just joking (honest Imid), that Chryco is not very exciting.

• roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,355
    edited September 2019
    driver100 said:

driver100 said:

Ok let me ask the BMW people here on their opinion on a 2014 428i convertible with about 33k on the clock.

Good for a lot of people...but, I don't know if you will be happy with it. You are going to be paying much more for service, parts, insurance etc. I don't think you will enjoy that.

I get being practical, nothing wrong with it, but, very hard for a very practical person to live an impractical life.

Well first off it will be the wifes car and secondly if she is happy with it then the additional costs aren't an issue for me.
    Where? On Mars? The last Oil Service for my 2 Series cost a whopping $96 before my CCA discount was applied. And BMW NA frequently offers a $25 rebate as well.

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

• 28firefighter28firefighter Member Posts: 9,390

driver100 said:

driver100 said:

Where? On Mars? The last Oil Service for my 2 Series cost a whopping $96 before my CCA discount was applied. And BMW NA frequently offers a $25 rebate as well.
    It is all about the dealer you use and your relationship with them.
    2022 Tesla Model Y Performance, 2018 BMW M240i Convertible, 2015 Audi Q5 TDI
  • snakeweaselsnakeweasel Member Posts: 19,328
    driver100 said:

driver100 said:

I am paying close to that for the bike, however I am sure that a good independent guy would charge less.

2011 Hyundai Sonata, 2014 BMW 428i convertible, 2015 Honda CTX700D

• oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,652

I've been thinking of starting to visit the Acura stores. I can see an A-type being just what I need. Well, maybe a more pedantic model would be fine.

I'm not sure I can stand the salespeople at the Hyundai store and the Kia store. When they ask me how I make and income and how much by fishing around in their questioning, I want to ask them how much they make. I can buy their car the same day with a check if I want; my question is can I trust their store to do the right thing like my Chevy store has done.

The toyota store sales folk turned me off in couple visits as I searched for new cars in the past. The local store owns the Hyundai store next door. Did I mention the Hyundai store is also the Genesis store?

Then there's Honda store...

If you abandon GM who will there be left to defend it? :o

I wouldn’t worry about the Hyundai/Kia salespeople. When I was shopping there were two Kia stores. One was owned by driver100’s huge pal Billy. From my experience delivering cars there I knew it was the stereotypical high pressure place with salesmen lurking outside waiting to pounce. The other one was more low pressure with kids and dogs in their commercials. Both had the car I wanted in the right color.

I went to the non pressure place, made my one out the door offer and got the car. No hard sell and only a plea for an aftermarket extended warranty as I was walking out the door. Easy Peasy.

If they hadn’t dealt with me I would have gone to the high pressure place but I’m glad I didn’t have to. It’s amazing how easy it can be if you throw around some sales jargon.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,537
    one of the Kia dealers near me is OK. Last time I was there they were friendly. The other place was a pressure shop, and played up the old "we finance everyone, BK OK" stuff. Hard pass on that one.

in any case, if they had the car I wanted, I would go in.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

edited September 2019
    driver100 said:

venture said:

driver100 said:

I saw a Kia Stinger today. It looked beautiful. Too low to the ground for me...and really a younger guys car....but, it looked really nice in black.

I saw a red one today. The first one I have seen. The guy was making a lot of noise with it.
    I was next to this one at the light. I think he wanted to race....I must be getting old....I had no desire to race him, even if I could have won (which I probably wouldn't...how many horsepower?).

365 if I remember correctly. But with AWD and low down turbo torque it’s faster off the line than a Mustang GT (although the GT will eventually catch it).

Saw one of these today. I wouldn’t try to race it with any of my cars.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

driver100 said:

driver100 said:

It is all about the dealer you use and your relationship with them.
    If someone pays a BMW dealer over $130 for an Oil Service on a non-M four or six cylinder BMW I just hope that the SA kissed them and sent flowers the next morning.

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

abacomike said:

I've been thinking of starting to visit the Acura stores. I can see an A-type being just what I need. Well, maybe a more pedantic model would be fine.

I'm not sure I can stand the salespeople at the Hyundai store and the Kia store. When they ask me how I make and income and how much by fishing around in their questioning, I want to ask them how much they make. I can buy their car the same day with a check if I want; my question is can I trust their store to do the right thing like my Chevy store has done.

The toyota store sales folk turned me off in couple visits as I searched for new cars in the past. The local store owns the Hyundai store next door. Did I mention the Hyundai store is also the Genesis store?

Then there's Honda store...

Imid, the sales personnel at new car dealerships are trained to gather as much information about the customer as possible in as short a time period as possible. But asking questions about my income, what I want to pay for the car, what I do for a living, etc., is out-of-bounds for me. I take control of my conversations with sales personnel and sales managers.

When I walk into a dealership, I know what I want - including options. I know what I am willing to pay and always mention to the salesman that if I decide to buy a car at his/her dealership, I will be talking to the manager - the guy who makes the decisions about the final sales price.

I do not insult or anger the salesman - I want to develop a relationship with him for the future - but when it comes to price, I want to talk with the decision maker! 😜🤪
    My Kia dealer didn’t ask any of that and I wouldn’t answer if he did since I paid cash. But if you walk into a dealer without your financing already nailed down you should expect intrusive questions.

driver100 said:

Imid....did I read that right...you are considering at a non-GM car one day?
    Love to hear your impressions, an Accord may be worth a try - don't deduct too many points for dealership.
    Once you buy it you can find one you like.

I see little choice. I don't want an SUV other than possibly a small one like an Encore/TraXX.

I am perfectly happy with my Malibu. It's higher seating than the Accords/camry vehicles that pull in next to me parked at the morning coffee store. I would currently be open to replacing the Cobalt and selling the Cobalt straight out to someone who appreciates the care the engine and trans have had.

My son hasn't indicated any interest in replacing his Cruze, but I'd like to buy it back if he wanted to buy something else.

What do I replace the Cobalt with? Elantra? Forte? BMW? Something small taht will fit into the garage area.

I'm always considering what I'd buy to replace either vehicle were one to be injured in an accident. I have almost lost the Cobalt 3 times in the last 2 years in the area around Kroger's parking lot. People pull out because the car in the right lane is turning into their drive but don't notice the car in the second thru lane next to the one turning. One #### woman hit her brakes as she realized there was a car coming at her broadside instead of accelerating on across my lane hoping to get out of the way. I stopped 18 inches from her rear quarter panel.

I'm worried instead of the Cobalt being destroyed by a bad driver, it will be my 5-year old Malibu with 35 K miles that is irreplaceable, unless I buy a new and different model.

The Elantra is not bad. Pretty roomy for a small car. My only concern is that lousy Nissan CVT that they all use. I was driving a 2018 Versa through the countryside today for a few hundred miles. At 38k miles the transmission made a loud hum-buzz that sounded like an engine running at high rpm. Very loud, very annoying, very scary. After my experience with a blown CVT in an Altima that left me stranded in the woods I’m wary of any CVT.

On the Cobalt, how many miles and what price are you looking for? My wife would kill me but maybe a road trip to the Midwest would be fun.

nyccarguy said:

If the Stinger was smaller I'd be interested; the GTS Special Edition is interesting- although I'm dead certain that the idiot Louisville dealers will not order any with RWD.

I'm starting to see more Stingers on the road. It is definitely a very distinct looking automobile, especially that GTS in that Orange Color. I like it. No doubt from what I've read about kia dealers is that they will put an ADM sticker on a GTS, rope it off in the showroom, and only allow test drives with a non refundable deposit with a signed buyer's order. I wouldn't expect any dealer within 200 + miles of me to stock a RWD Stinger. You'd probably have to search way south of the Mason Dixon line to find one. The major flaw seems to be the stock brakes getting soft and soggy after a few hard laps at the track. Brakes are easy and relatively inexpensive upgrade. Most manufacturers don't do stock brakes like Porsche & BMW.

I feel like these have been out long enough that there is some sort of auction data on them. How's it look @qbrozen? The residuals from kia finance are dreadful.
    That’s odd, the aforementioned huge Kia dealer had about a dozen of them on his lot with no ADM.

The average cost for a BMW X5 oil change is between $163 and $191. Labor costs are estimated between $35 and $45 while parts are priced between $128 and $146. Estimate does not include taxes and fees

REPAIR PAL

And that is an oil change...not an A, B, C Scheduled service.

If the Stinger was smaller I'd be interested; the GTS Special Edition is interesting- although I'm dead certain that the idiot Louisville dealers will not order any with RWD.

I saw the Stinger GTS at the dealer I visited. Not fond of the orange paint scheme. But, it had all the right goodies on it and it had a $48K sticker. Probably a little give and take, maybe make it a $45K car.

Dealer said he was not budging from sticker. I asked him how long it had been in the showroom and he said two weeks. I kinda snickered and thought to myself...”talk to me in a couple more weeks about how you’re not budging from sticker”.

Still, I’m really taken with the Stinger. Of course, in the back of my mind I’d always wonder how reliable it would be. Kia is supposed to be better these days. Not sure about that.

I only know one person who owns a KIA and she’s on her 3rd one. She leases one every 3 years and loves them.

I don’t think @oldfarmer50 has had any issues with his, either.

Yeah, but mine only has 3,000 miles on it.

driver100 said:

venture said:

driver100 said:

I saw a Kia Stinger today. It looked beautiful. Too low to the ground for me...and really a younger guys car....but, it looked really nice in black.

I saw a red one today. The first one I have seen. The guy was making a lot of noise with it.
    I was next to this one at the light. I think he wanted to race....I must be getting old....I had no desire to race him, even if I could have won (which I probably wouldn't...how many horsepower?).

365 if I remember correctly. But with AWD and low down turbo torque it’s faster off the line than a Mustang GT (although the GT will eventually catch it).

I may have had a chance then - 339 horsepower and I can use SPORT mode. If I see him again.............

driver100 said:

driver100 said:

I am paying close to that for the bike, however I am sure that a good independent guy would charge less.
    $200 for an oil change for a bike!

Of course, everything is relative:
    The average cost for a Porsche Cayenne oil change is between $447 and $471. Labor costs are estimated between $35 and $45 while parts are priced between $412 and $426. Estimate does not include taxes and fees.

Hardtop or softtop? Some of the hardtop convertibles in our fleet rattle.

CT4 looks sharp. CT5, in pictures, I keep thinking of the previous Chrysler 200:

That’s just cruel. :'(

• berriberri Member Posts: 10,165
    Remember the Cimaron Caddy ;)
  • houdini2houdini2 Member Posts: 409

driver100 said:

Love to hear your impressions, an Accord may be worth a try - don't deduct too many points for dealership.

I see little choice. I don't want an SUV other than possibly a small one like an Encore/TraXX.

I am perfectly happy with my Malibu. It's higher seating than the Accords/camry vehicles that pull in next to me parked at the morning coffee store. I would currently be open to replacing the Cobalt and selling the Cobalt straight out to someone who appreciates the care the engine and trans have had.

My son hasn't indicated any interest in replacing his Cruze, but I'd like to buy it back if he wanted to buy something else.

What do I replace the Cobalt with? Elantra? Forte? BMW? Something small taht will fit into the garage area.

I'm always considering what I'd buy to replace either vehicle were one to be injured in an accident. I have almost lost the Cobalt 3 times in the last 2 years in the area around Kroger's parking lot. People pull out because the car in the right lane is turning into their drive but don't notice the car in the second thru lane next to the one turning. One #### woman hit her brakes as she realized there was a car coming at her broadside instead of accelerating on across my lane hoping to get out of the way. I stopped 18 inches from her rear quarter panel.

I'm worried instead of the Cobalt being destroyed by a bad driver, it will be my 5-year old Malibu with 35 K miles that is irreplaceable, unless I buy a new and different model.

The Elantra is not bad. Pretty roomy for a small car. My only concern is that lousy Nissan CVT that they all use. I was driving a 2018 Versa through the countryside today for a few hundred miles. At 38k miles the transmission made a loud hum-buzz that sounded like an engine running at high rpm. Very loud, very annoying, very scary. After my experience with a blown CVT in an Altima that left me stranded in the woods I’m wary of any CVT.

On the Cobalt, how many miles and what price are you looking for? My wife would kill me but maybe a road trip to the Midwest would be fun.
    You sure about Hyundai using Nissan CVTS? I thought they built their own.
    edited September 2019
    driver100 said:

The average cost for a BMW X5 oil change is between $163 and $191. Labor costs are estimated between $35 and $45 while parts are priced between $128 and $146. Estimate does not include taxes and fees

REPAIR PAL

And that is an oil change...not an A, B, C Scheduled service.

Those numbers are way off. It shouldn't be over $130 for the six cylinder- it uses the same oil and filter as a 2 or 3 Series. There's nothing at all complex about the change. And BMWs don't have an "A, B, C" service schedule. BMWs use Condition Based Servicing(CBS) CBS for non wear items are as I described above- so basically you are talking a 10k mile OCI and time-based service for coolant and brake fluid.

As for RepairPal, the site quoted $151 to $181 to change the oil on my 2er- only 157%-188% more than my dealer charged before my discounts.

I also entered "Gas Cap Replacement" for my 2er and it "estimated" a cost of $53 to $59. A cap lists for $33, but online BMW dealers offer them for $25 all day long.

That said, I did figure out RepairPal's racket; the site states "RepairPal Certified Shops honor this fair price estimate"- so sheeple get funneled to "Certified" shops that honor the inflated price. A sweet deal for everyone but the hosed customer.

• abacomikeabacomike Member Posts: 12,258
    edited September 2019
    LiMuEmu - Gecko - We Know A Thing Or Two ‘Cause We’ve Seen A Thing Or Two - insurance company TV ads are getting somewhat over the top.

The Gecko is cute and is great for GEICO. J K Simmons does a good job for Farmers. Dennis Quaid is refreshing for Esurance. Peyton Manning seems appropriate for Nationwide. But those LiMuEmu commercials cause me to acquire a disdain toward Emus - those ads drive me nuts. 🤪😜🤪😜

2021 Genesis G90

edited September 2019
    got bored and while cruising the service loaner X3 supply (it's a hobby) checked out the convertible supply for Snake. More than I expected to find.

a newer 2 series, in nice colors, if you don't mind black interior. CPO. similar price point. Miles are good. LATE EDIT: turns out this one is RWD too. so rare up here I forgot to even check!

https://www.princetonbmw.com/certified/BMW/2016-BMW-228i-b876242a0a0d0c144df9697a43bd304f.htm

nice looking, well equipped Cascada. Would you want to pay the same for 1 year newer, 10k fewer miles?

https://www.princetonbmw.com/used/Buick/2017-Buick-Cascada-4a8137c30a0e0aea37e757929e0faf3f.htm

interesting option. as close to new as you are going to get, for a little less money. I assume this is pretty scantily equipped though. And of course, you have to be good with RWD.

https://www.princetonbmw.com/used/Chevrolet/2019-Chevrolet-Camaro-fd9f98da0a0e0adf50b13c61ff84033d.htm

And this is my favorite, you just have to stretch the budget a tad. And might not squeeze an oil change in for $200 on this one.

https://www.princetonbmw.com/used/Ferrari/2008-Ferrari-F430-45de6bbc0a0d04fe619367453348b9f6.htm

edited September 2019
    carnaught said:

”I also entered "Gas Cap Replacement" for my 2er and it "estimated" a cost of $53 to $59. A cap lists for $33, but online BMW dealers offer them for $25 all day long.”

But...not including registration and installation :( .

Yes; it takes all of 30 seconds-tops.
    With one hand tied behind your back.If I ran a service department I'd be embarrassed to charge a penny to install a gas cap.

• ronsteveronsteve Member Posts: 1,195

Boy, I’m getting tired of these weather ghouls. Now that the hurricane is turning north they can’t scare people as much. So now they’re speculating what might happen if the storm wobbles a little bit inland...almost like they’re rooting for it.

Disgusting.

Boy, I’m getting tired of these weather ghouls. Now that the hurricane is turning north they can’t scare people as much. So now they’re speculating what might happen if the storm wobbles a little bit inland...almost like they’re rooting for it.

Disgusting.

NHC and your local weather office don't want people who could still be affected by a small wobble to let their guard down, especially if there is little time to re-prepare (Charley, anyone?)

Now I can't speak for the media types, because there are as many different agendas as there are TV stations in a given market.
    2015 Acura RDX AWD / 2021 VW TIguan SE 4Motion
    abacomike said:

sda said:

She lives in a high rise apartment right on the river diagonally from The Landing. Flooding is possible and she did want to get stuck in her building or worse.

The St. John’s River is very prone to flooding due to storm surge - good thing she left.
    You can hide from the wind, but definitely need to run from the water. That's what I preached when I was on the NC coast... if the people who will be OK just boarding up can stay put, the people who need to get out of a flood zone can get out and not still be sitting in traffic when the effects of the storm are felt.
    stickguy said:

berri said:

You know what doesn't make sense to me is that younger American men seem to often be over 5'10" , and more than a few woman too. So why are car company's often cutting legroom and using smaller seats with shorter seat bottoms. I see larger SUVs with only 41" or thereabout these days. If you are a six footer that is a bit tight. Not that long ago it seemed that most vehicles had at least 42" and often more, and small, short seats start to get uncomfortable after a few hours. I don't want airline seating in my personal vehicle.

Cheaper? And some style over function. I hate short seat cushions, and have rejected otherwise good options just for that reason.
    I'm not that tall and don't have long legs, but I noticed the short seat cushions in my Saturn way back in the day. When I totaled it hitting a deer, short seat cushions in the Civic crossed it off my list as a potential replacement. Any cloth Impreza/WRX had the same problem, but at that point I realized it was much more noticeable with manual than automatic, because I sit just a little closer to drive a manual... clutch, you know?

And now I have to admit, my RDX is borderline, and that may be keeping me from fully enjoying the great seats. But I think I have the right setup. Maybe.

berri said:

@graphicguy
    I was really shocked when GM closed down Pontiac over Buick. Pontiac promised performance. Buick?

Pontiac sales volume had it out of the picture when GM had to scale down product lines. I think it was between Olds and Buick. Regardless, it really boiled down to China. They liked Buick over there. If GM dumped Buick here, its image would have tanked in China. So GM aligned Buick with GMC in the US to give non Chevy or Cadillac dealers a full lineup.

Olds was dropped several years before Pontiac, wasn't it? And at one point, Chevy and Pontiac were closely tied to one another, and Buick and Olds were also closely tied.
    I have the same RDX seats and find them fine, even though they probably are slightly shorter than optimal. Mostly because they tilt up well in the front, and sit high so my legs hand down instead of sticking straight out.

The CVT in the Elantra is new for 2020...
    stickguy said:

I have the same RDX seats and find them fine, even though they probably are slightly shorter than optimal. Mostly because they tilt up well in the front, and sit high so my legs hand down instead of sticking straight out.

I'm definitely tilted up in the front a bit more than I would otherwise, just to get that extra bit of support.
    I am not doubting you roadburner...but, it seems $150+ for an oil change is pretty common.
    https://youtu.be/FLMBM9EO5HM

It seems prices vary quite a bit. Prices are much higher in Canada.....prices are more to begin with, and the dealers aren't very competitive. Indie dealers are cheaper. Your dealership might be giving you a special price.

I can say, after taking many long road trips in the thing (including 8 hour shots with only a quick bathroom, gas and fast food break, and they were really comfy doing it. This car has done a few big loops of the south touring colleges in S. and N. Carolina (then running back and forth when the Princess ended up in N.C., about 450 miles each way.

RB lives in the mid-west. My guess, prices will be much better there than on the coasts.

• snakeweaselsnakeweasel Member Posts: 19,328
    driver100 said:

driver100 said:

driver100 said:

$200 for an oil change for a bike!

Of course, everything is relative:
    The average cost for a Porsche Cayenne oil change is between $447 and $471. Labor costs are estimated between $35 and $45 while parts are priced between $412 and $426. Estimate does not include taxes and fees.
    Well I said close to it, but since the oil is different than auto motor and there are two filters to replace (oil filter and transmission filter) it can get up there in price. I can get it done a lot cheaper at an independent place but due to it having a dual clutch transmission I rather it done at the dealer.

2011 Hyundai Sonata, 2014 BMW 428i convertible, 2015 Honda CTX700D

• qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,940

carnaught said:

”I also entered "Gas Cap Replacement" for my 2er and it "estimated" a cost of $53 to $59. A cap lists for $33, but online BMW dealers offer them for $25 all day long.”

But...not including registration and installation :( .

Yes; it takes all of 30 seconds-tops.
    With one hand tied behind your back.If I ran a service department I'd be embarrassed to charge a penny to install a gas cap.
    But but but... you aren’t replacing a gas cap for fun. You probably have a CEL, so dealer has to read code, go to computer, go to shelf, open package, etc, etc, clear code. You get the idea.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,918
    ronsteve said:

The CVT in the Elantra is new for 2020...
    Well...that’s sad. The six speed in my 2017 shifts beautifully.

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

• dino001dino001 Member Posts: 6,165
    edited September 2019
    stickguy said:

Yes, Olds was gone a few years before. Pontiac’s "performance” was mostly in styling and they really had nothing there except Holden-based G8 (that one was nice) and also short-lived GTO revival that had good specs, but pitiful looks. I liked the styling, but the product was just Chevy with different metal. It was a shadow of its former self, starved of resources, without real purpose and nobody knew why it existed. It was a good decision for GM, as there was nomrevival money. Buick had a geriatic product here, but was very well received in China. I think the image improved significantly, it’s certainly not a Millenial’s favorite, but I think their appeal is more youthful than before.

2018 430i Gran Coupe

edited September 2019
    driver100 said:

I am not doubting you roadburner...but, it seems $150+ for an oil change is pretty common.
    https://youtu.be/FLMBM9EO5HM

It seems prices vary quite a bit. Prices are much higher in Canada.....prices are more to begin with, and the dealers aren't very competitive. Indie dealers are cheaper. Your dealership might be giving you a special price.

As I stated above, the prices for service I quoted from my dealer were before any discounts were applied.
    Sure, $150 oil changes may be common, but only because customers are too lazy to do a bit of homework.

• ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,090
    ronsteve said:

berri said:

@graphicguy
    I was really shocked when GM closed down Pontiac over Buick. Pontiac promised performance. Buick?

Pontiac sales volume had it out of the picture when GM had to scale down product lines. I think it was between Olds and Buick. Regardless, it really boiled down to China. They liked Buick over there. If GM dumped Buick here, its image would have tanked in China. So GM aligned Buick with GMC in the US to give non Chevy or Cadillac dealers a full lineup.

Olds was dropped several years before Pontiac, wasn't it? And at one point, Chevy and Pontiac were closely tied to one another, and Buick and Olds were also closely tied.
    Yes, Olds was announced to be going away in late 2000 and the last Olds (an Alero) was built in 2004.

Up here in Canada, GM dealers were usually multi-brand because sales volumes were typically not enough to support a single make. The typical mix was Chevy-Olds-Chevy truck and Pontiac-Buick-GMC truck. Cadillac was usually a wild card that could be paired with either trio but not all. Pontiac was very strong here as it was priced very close to Chevy and seen in many areas as an alternative to Chevy since for many years GM Canada made Pontiacs on a Chevy chassis with Chevy engines, with differences being only in body style and interior design and trim.

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

driver100 said:

I was routinely dropping $100-125 for (synthetic) oil change and tire rotation on the Volvo, be it at the dealer or the indie Volvo specialist.

My scheduled maintenance on the RDX is covered at the dealer for my first 2 years with it, will have to report back when that ends and I have to actually pay for it.
    VW dealer gets in the $100 range for a 10K service (basically an oil change) for the Jetta.

My Acura dealer, express service (no appointment needed) and usual price is about $49, and there are always coupons so I have paid under $40 at times. Add $20 for a tire rotation if you want one.

edited September 2019
    houdini2 said:

driver100 said:

I’m pretty sure they all use Jatco
    houdini2 said:

driver100 said:

Tough to figure out exactly which model/year cars have CVTs. But Hyundai is listed as using Jatco CVTs produced by a subsidiary of Nissan.

If you’re finding this bifurcated post odd it’s because all my posts this morning have been blocked with “you don’t have permission to do that” huh? I had to log out and then back in to post and for some reason part of my blocked post was inserted in the new one.

Did I forget to send my dues to jmonroe?

stickguy said:

VW dealer gets in the $100 range for a 10K service (basically an oil change) for the Jetta.

My Acura dealer, express service (no appointment needed) and usual price is about $49, and there are always coupons so I have paid under $40 at times. Add $20 for a tire rotation if you want one.

Speaking of service costs, is $69.95 a reasonable price for an alignment? Full adjustment but no parts needed.

edited September 2019

stickguy said:

Speaking of service costs, is $69.95 a reasonable price for an alignment? Full adjustment but no parts needed.

Ok, where did that second post come from? Weird.

$69.95 is cheap for a 4 wheel alignment.

• laurasdadalaurasdada Member Posts: 4,731

That’s just cruel. :'(
    You gotta be cruel to be kind...

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)

• dino001dino001 Member Posts: 6,165
    stickguy said:

$69.95 is cheap for a 4 wheel alignment.

Really cheap. My alignment costs nearly $200 at the dealer and $130 at an indy specialized garage. Tires stores wouldn't touch my car, when alignment is concerned - they don't have the equipment.

2018 430i Gran Coupe