Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

I found this deal on a Civic Sport Sedan, but I cannot figure out if it is good with all the fees

mick_jagger2011mick_jagger2011 Member Posts: 9
edited September 2019 in Honda
So, as the title says, I got this deal from a dealership in the 85224 area, and I had a good idea going in, but after getting the numbers with all the fees and whatnot, I don't know if this is a good lease or not. Could anyone have a look and tell me if it looks okay with a $0 down?

With $0 down, the monthly lease for a 36/12 term is $351.

Comments

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,916

So, as the title says, I got this deal from a dealership in the 85224 area, and I had a good idea going in, but after getting the numbers with all the fees and whatnot, I don't know if this is a good lease or not. Could anyone have a look and tell me if it looks okay with a $0 down?

$350/mo for a $23K car is not a good deal.

And, you'll notice that the header of that box says "purchase option". So, not all of those numbers are valid for a lease, and there are missing numbers that you need to know about.

Ask the dealer for a lease worksheet, and we can evaluate.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Michaell said:

And, you'll notice that the header of that box says "purchase option". So, not all of those numbers are valid for a lease, and there are missing numbers that you need to know about.

Hi, thank you! Here is the lease worksheet:

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,586

Michaell said:

Something is seriously wrong with the Rent Charge.
    Do you have poor credit?

.00089 MF and 59% residual

The rent charge with top tier credit and that money factor is about $32/mo. or around $1150.
    The rent charge on the lease worksheet is $3330!!

I don't see a disclosure of the money factor on that sheet, but that's where the issue is.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• kyfdx said:

Michaell said:

Do you have poor credit?

The rent charge with top tier credit and that money factor is about $32/mo. or around $1150.

I don't see a disclosure of the money factor on that sheet, but that's where the issue is.
    According to them the MF is 0.0026. I don’t think they are giving me a decent deal and not really disclosing stuff wel.
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,916

kyfdx said:

Michaell said:

Do you have poor credit?

According to them the MF is 0.0026. I don’t think they are giving me a decent deal and not really disclosing stuff wel.
    Ask them what bank they are using.

There is a rational explanation for this - you've just got to ask the right questions to get the information from them.

If they continue to play 'hide the numbers', I'd find another dealer.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

kyfdx said:

Michaell said:

Do you have poor credit?

If your credit is good, something is seriously off.

Try another dealer. A reasonable payment will be $60-$70 less than your quote.

If your credit is not good, that is a different story.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• lowmoneyfactorlowmoneyfactor Member Posts: 66
    edited September 2019
    @mick_jagger2011 Dealer worksheet numbers are bad; here is a form from a spreadsheet worked out for you based on what you would sign at closing. It may be of some help. You should next ask for a sample regulation M form which you as lessee would sign cause I believe even with the bad numbers the dealership is hiding and/or wrong on stuff.

Especially would like feedback from masters @kyfdx and/or @Michaell on the form: even with the lousy dealer offer the spreadsheet indicated customer would have inception of only $147 not $500?!?

It's off by some pennies here-n-there but believe it to be a solid representation of what the customer would sign....

6.24% interest (mf .0026).

@mick_jagger2011 Dealer worksheet numbers are bad; here is a form from a spreadsheet worked out for you based on what you would sign at closing. It may be of some help. You should next ask for a sample regulation M form which you as lessee would sign cause I believe even with the bad numbers the dealership is hiding and/or wrong on stuff.

Especially would like feedback from masters @kyfdx and/or @Michaell on the form: even with the lousy dealer offer the spreadsheet indicated customer would have inception of only $147 not $500?!?

It's off by some pennies here-n-there but believe it to be a solid representation of what the customer would sign....

You didn't add the first payment into the amount Due at Signing

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• lowmoneyfactorlowmoneyfactor Member Posts: 66
    edited September 2019
    kyfdx said:

You didn't add the first payment into the amount Due at Signing
    You're RIGHT @kyfdx.

Thank you for your feedback!

@mick_jagger2011 Jeez, what a bad deal.