Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

New lease issues-Canceling protection package on a lease-

Mick2416Mick2416 Member Posts: 2
edited September 2019 in Volkswagen
I just leased a 2019 Jetta. I am happy with the deal. They were supposed to have the cilajet coating(Dupont) applied to the car and interior.
The finance person said it was installed inside and out. When I test drove the car, they were still taking off the wrap from shipping. Obviously it was not done.
I want to cancel it..It has been a week.I do not see an issue but how does the money get applied to the lease?
Thank You,

Comments

• Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,316
    Mick2416 said:

I just leased a 2019 Jetta. I am happy with the deal. They were supposed to have the cilajet coating(Dupont) applied to the car and interior.
    The finance person said it was installed inside and out. When I test drove the car, they were still taking off the wrap from shipping. Obviously it was not done.
    I want to cancel it..It has been a week.I do not see an issue but how does the money get applied to the lease?
    Thank You,

Did the cost of this work get added into the lease payment? If so, have a talk with the dealer GM and ask to re-do the contract, without that cost.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    Mick2416Mick2416 Member Posts: 2
    Thank You, I am getting the runaround. It was put into the lease payment on a 3 year 45,000-mile lease.
    Will go back to the dealer this week .