Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

AC, Motor, Transmission, Catalytic Converters, Navigation Radio system

DMoranDMoran Member Posts: 1
edited April 2019 in Buick
This has been the worse vehicle I have ever had. At 101,000 miles the motor threw a rod. At the same time the Catalytic converters went bad and the transmission went out. Replaced it all but the new motor keeps throwing oil and the cats keep going out. We have now replaced the new motor 3 times and the cats the same amount and this third motor and cat is going bad too and we have only driven it for 2400 miles. The ac unit went out and we replaced the compressor, hoses and some other part, put Freon in it 3 times and it is still bad. Throws hot air every time we come to a stop. Was told there is two units on this thing but am also being told there is not. Owe too much on it right now to trade it in and of course GM wont do anything since it is past the warranty. Frustrated and will NEVER buy anothe Buick or GM vehicle again. I tell everyone I know not to get a vehicle like this. GM new of these defects and as long as no one asked questions they said nothing but have a problem and they say nope can't help. Past the warranty.

Comments

• UpsetredheadUpsetredhead Member Posts: 1
    On July 2, 2019 I purchased a Buick Enclave from Betten Baker in Big Rapids. I’ve had the vehicle 2.5 months now and I’ve had it in the dealership service Dept 4 times to have the catalytic converters, o2 censors, cam actuators, and gaskets replaced. The same codes each time the engine light came on..P0420, P0391, P0300, P0302. This codes were on the vehicle when I test drove it and I was promised that it would be fixed along with the vents in the dash, the steering wheel that’s offset, and a shake in the steering when I break. The ONLY thing fixed was the vents! They had me sign a blank “we owe” form and never gave me all copies of the paperwork that I signed to purchase the car. They “fixed” the car the first 3 times at their cost but now they want me to pay for it. They knew the car had problems because my sales guy told me that the engine light had been on before and it was fixed..I had tried to get them to buy the car back or trade it in but they weren’t willing to do either. I had filed a complaint with the BBB. The dealership agreed to trade the vehicle in but they also lied about the mileage on the vehicle in between repairs saying I drove it 3,000 each time..when I sent proof of the mileage the BBB asked them about it and the would not reply back, so my case was closed and I was advised to take them to court by the BBB. I decided to give them another chance by going to GM Corporate office and see what they would do for me, unfortunately nothing was resolved. They can’t help because I have over 100,000 miles on the car. I’m very disappointed with the dealership and how things were handled. I will never recommend them to friends or family in fact I’ve heard nothing but bad experiences from people I know when they’ve heard about my experience there. Alls I want is a vehicle that’s reliable and I don’t have to fix from the day I signed paperwork. Isn’t there a lemon law for used vehicles that have been in 4 times or more for the same codes?
  • imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,147
    I don't see a question about fixing or troubleshooting any individual items in your car.

I see lots of complaining about the dealership's actions and I see lots of bad moves on the part of the buyer in this case,. God gave you two feet to walk away from a deal when the seller is trying to waffle on their nonwritten promises. Before you drive the car of the property is the time to complain and leave.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,