Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2020 Mercedes GLS-Class Lease Deals and Prices

kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,527
edited September 2019 in Mercedes-Benz
Ask your 2020 GLS-Class lease questions here! Get info about prices, money factor, deals, incentives, and payments.

Edmunds Price Checker
Edmunds Lease Calculator
Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Comments

• goteambluegoteamblue Member Posts: 92
    Can I get the residual and MF for a 36/12 and 24/12 for a 2020 GLS450? Zip Code is 90703. Is there a particular sweet spot right now that isn't 36 or 24 months? Thanks
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,527

Can I get the residual and MF for a 36/12 and 24/12 for a 2020 GLS450? Zip Code is 90703. Is there a particular sweet spot right now that isn't 36 or 24 months? Thanks

.00176 MF
    63%/57%/53% residual for 24/36/42 months

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

edited September 2019
    How many MSD's can be placed and what's the reduction? Do you know the MF for Single pay? Are there any conquest or loyalty lease or purchase programs? Any other programs currently available? What's the MF on a 30 month? Lastly, do I add 1 or 2% for a 10K? Thank you
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,896

How many MSD's can be placed and what's the reduction? Do you know the MF for Single pay? Are there any conquest or loyalty lease or purchase programs? Any other programs currently available? What's the MF on a 30 month? Lastly, do I add 1 or 2% for a 10K? Thank you

10 MSDs, each reduces MF .00007
    .00080 reduction for one-pay
    No info on conquest, loyalty or other incentives
    Add 1% for 10K

MF is the same for all terms

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

I meant to ask what is the residual for the 30 month, not the MF. Sorry...

I meant to ask what is the residual for the 30 month, not the MF. Sorry...

60% for 30/12

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

Do you have the residual for a 48/12 lease?

Do you have the residual for a 48/12 lease?

49%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Do you have 24, 30, 36, 42, and 48 month residual and MF on a GLS580? Zip code 90703

Do you have 24, 30, 36, 42, and 48 month residual and MF on a GLS580? Zip code 90703

We don't have the 580 numbers, yet.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• taohattaohat Member Posts: 7
    can you help with MF/residual/incentives for 2020 GLS 450? Zip is 02420. Lease term is 36/12 or 36/10.
    taohat said:

can you help with MF/residual/incentives for 2020 GLS 450? Zip is 02420. Lease term is 36/12 or 36/10.

36/12
    .00176 and 57%
    No incentives

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:

taohat said:

36/12
    .00176 and 57%
    No incentives
    Thank you! What about residual for 36/10?

Also, do you know if MB would still capitalize and residualize prepaid maintenance plan?
    taohat said:

Michaell said:

taohat said:

36/12
    .00176 and 57%
    No incentives
    Thank you! What about residual for 36/10?

Also, do you know if MB would still capitalize and residualize prepaid maintenance plan?
    58% for 36/10

No info on maintenance plan - we get information both ways from other posters.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• richbmw540richbmw540 Member Posts: 25
    Can I get incentive info and RV and MF for 2020 GLS 450 for zip code 75034?

Can I get incentive info and RV and MF for 2020 GLS 450 for zip code 75034?

36/15
    .00176 and 55%
    No incentives

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Thanks for quick reply.

I just went to dealer and started a production for December.

He didn't really go over prices , said we do that after the car is delivered, which I'm not used to.

Being that it's a new design, what kind of goal should I aim for on discounts?

Thanks for quick reply.

I just went to dealer and started a production for December.

He didn't really go over prices , said we do that after the car is delivered, which I'm not used to.

Being that it's a new design, what kind of goal should I aim for on discounts?

Oh, no no no.

You want to negotiate a price now, not when it arrives; you'll lose your leverage if you wait.

Granted, you may not know if there will be any adjustments to the MSRP between now and December.

Use this link to get an idea of what to target:
    https://www.edmunds.com/tmv.html

Or, you can work with concepts like "$1000 over invoice" or "x% under MSRP"

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Yea that's what I felt. I'm meeting him again in 2 days and will bring up pricing. I'm taking the only production spot for this year so I'm not sure how much leverage I'll have.

Also the link doesn't have the new 2020 GLS yet, probably too new.

Yea that's what I felt. I'm meeting him again in 2 days and will bring up pricing. I'm taking the only production spot for this year so I'm not sure how much leverage I'll have.

Also the link doesn't have the new 2020 GLS yet, probably too new.

Yeah, not a big seller; not surprised we haven't compiled any data this early in the model year.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Came back from another dealership in Dallas.

They also said they don't do any of the finances now, and that the finance department does it after the car arrives. Again, I've never bought from Mercedes and still seems weird.

He also said they will definitely mark up the MF to 0.002 at least but will try to get it down. He also said that to be nice he'll give me at most 1% off MSRP.

A lot of this seems odd still, should I push harder to get % off MSRP and also to do the financing details now?

They also said they don't do any of the finances now, and that the finance department does it after the car arrives. Again, I've never bought from Mercedes and still seems weird.

He also said they will definitely mark up the MF to 0.002 at least but will try to get it down. He also said that to be nice he'll give me at most 1% off MSRP.

A lot of this seems odd still, should I push harder to get % off MSRP and also to do the financing details now?

It seems they have a car you want, and you are going to pay the price for it.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Yea sounds like they don't wanna play ball.

I'm flexible though, there's plenty of other car options for me.

Thanks for all the help.
    edited September 2019
    Thanks for all the info from this forum. I just got a lease deal for 2020 GLS 450 from a local dealer in Massachusetts. MSRP was ~$87k, with DA1 convenience package, DA2 driver assistance package plus, and a few other options, including massage front seats. Dealer offered 10% off MSRP but then started to play games without revealing the MF. Thanks to the info here, I could do the right calculation with the correct MF and RV. They were a bit surprised at how prepared I was. After a while, another manager came to us and basically said they could not do the deal with 10% off and the official MF. They had to mark up MF to 0.00206 (from 0.00176) to make a profit. I took the deal by putting down 10 msd to reduce MF to 0.00136. At the finance office, they started to play games again by selling overpriced maintenance and protection packages into a monthly payment without any cost breakdown. I declined all those and just asked for the "official" prepaid maintenance for 3yr/30k. They first said it could not be residualized. But after I asked them to check with MBFS, the finance guy agreed to do it, while saying "but I'll have to send them an email for doing this". They capitalized $1940 for the 3yr/30k prepaid maintenance, which was certainly marked up. But I took it anyway since they agreed to residualize it. When maintenance was added, my calculated monthly number was still a few $ different from the finance guy's number. Since the discrepancy was small, I let it go. Later, I figured out that, when they residualized the prepaid maitenance plan, the residual value of the plan was based on the plan's MSRP (not the price they sold to me). From this, I was actually able to figure out the MSRP for GLS 450 2020 model's 3yr/30k prepaid maintenance plan was $1640. So, they had a $300 mark up for the maintenance, while giving me 10% mark down for the car. The overall residual value was based MSRP's of both.

Pretty lengthy process and a bit stress. But in the end, if you stick to the right information and be prepared for their games, you could still walk away with a reasonable deal. Hope this can be helpful for the community here.
    taohat said:

Thanks for all the info from this forum. I just got a lease deal for 2020 GLS 450 from a local dealer in Massachusetts. MSRP was ~$87k, with DA1 convenience package, DA2 driver assistance package plus, and a few other options, including massage front seats. Dealer offered 10% off MSRP but then started to play games without revealing the MF. Thanks to the info here, I could do the right calculation with the correct MF and RV. They were a bit surprised at how prepared I was. After a while, another manager came to us and basically said they could not do the deal with 10% off and the official MF. They had to mark up MF to 0.00206 (from 0.00176) to make a profit. I took the deal by putting down 10 msd to reduce MF to 0.00136. At the finance office, they started to play games again by selling overpriced maintenance and protection packages into a monthly payment without any cost breakdown. I declined all those and just asked for the "official" prepaid maintenance for 3yr/30k. They first said it could not be residualized. But after I asked them to check with MBFS, the finance guy agreed to do it, while saying "but I'll have to send them an email for doing this". They capitalized $1940 for the 3yr/30k prepaid maintenance, which was certainly marked up. But I took it anyway since they agreed to residualize it. When maintenance was added, my calculated monthly number was still a few $ different from the finance guy's number. Since the discrepancy was small, I let it go. Later, I figured out that, when they residualized the prepaid maitenance plan, the residual value of the plan was based on the plan's MSRP (not the price they sold to me). From this, I was actually able to figure out the MSRP for GLS 450 2020 model's 3yr/30k prepaid maintenance plan was $1640. So, they had a $300 mark up for the maintenance, while giving me 10% mark down for the car. The overall residual value was based MSRP's of both.

Pretty lengthy process and a bit stress. But in the end, if you stick to the right information and be prepared for their games, you could still walk away with a reasonable deal. Hope this can be helpful for the community here.

Congrats!

Thanks for the report.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Can I get the October residual and MF for a 48/12, 36/12, and 24/12 for a 2020 GLS450? Zip Code is 90703. Are there any incentives, fleet, conquest, or loyalty?

Can I get the October residual and MF for a 48/12, 36/12, and 24/12 for a 2020 GLS450? Zip Code is 90703. Are there any incentives, fleet, conquest, or loyalty?

.00176 and 63% / 57% / 49%
    No incentives

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• vink911vink911 Member Posts: 9

Mercedes is pretty late releasing the 2020 model with a huge dent in sales sending customers to X7 and now the dealers are playing their usual game. Its supply and demand, of course. 5-6% is normal unless its a limited release.
  • cfx9851cfx9851 Member Posts: 64
    Can I get the October residual and MF for 36/10, and 39/10 for a 2020 GLS450? Zip Code is 07008. Are there any incentives, fleet, conquest, or loyalty?
    cfx9851 said:

Can I get the October residual and MF for 36/10, and 39/10 for a 2020 GLS450? Zip Code is 07008. Are there any incentives, fleet, conquest, or loyalty?

36/10
    .00176 and 58%

No incentives
    No info on fleet, conquest or loyalty

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• cfx9851cfx9851 Member Posts: 64
    Thanks for the info. Also how does MSD works. What is 10 MSD in dollar amt ? How much does it bring down MF by ?
    cfx9851 said:

Thanks for the info. Also how does MSD works. What is 10 MSD in dollar amt ? How much does it bring down MF by ?

Each SD lowers the MF .00007 (.00070 reduction, total)

Each SD is the monthly payment, rounded up to the next highest $50

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• ca76ca76 Member Posts: 20
    Hi, can you post the MF/res for 36/15 and 24/15 on a 2020 GLS 450?

Zip: 91361, CA
    ca76 said:

Hi, can you post the MF/res for 36/15 and 24/15 on a 2020 GLS 450?

Zip: 91361, CA

.00176 and 61% / 55%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

55% for the 36/15 correct?
  • ChileaseChilease Member Posts: 4
    Hello, about to lease for the first time, thanks for all the great info on the forum! Is it possible to provide the MF and residual for a 2020 gls450, 36/10 and 36/12, zip 60062? Thanks again!
    ca76 said:

55% for the 36/15 correct?

Correct

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Chilease said:

Hello, about to lease for the first time, thanks for all the great info on the forum! Is it possible to provide the MF and residual for a 2020 gls450, 36/10 and 36/12, zip 60062? Thanks again!

36/12
    .00176 MF and 57% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• jschmelingjschmeling Member Posts: 1
    Is there a place I can find the options pricing? The Mercedes site doesn't have 2020 GLS 450 configurator available yet. Specifically the Driver Assistance Package, and none of the ones in stock near me have it, so tough to determine starting price before we get to the leasing terms. Thanks!

Is there a place I can find the options pricing? The Mercedes site doesn't have 2020 GLS 450 configurator available yet. Specifically the Driver Assistance Package, and none of the ones in stock near me have it, so tough to determine starting price before we get to the leasing terms. Thanks!

If MB doesn't have it, I'm not sure it exists anywhere.

But, you can look here:
    https://www.edmunds.com/tmv.html

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• ChileaseChilease Member Posts: 4
    kyfdx said:

Chilease said:

36/12
    Thanks! I was able to get the dealer to .00176 and 3k off sticker on an 86k msrp 2020 gls450. The money factor negotiation took a lot of up and back and a threat to walk, they started off in the mid 2’s. Not sure if it was a bang up deal, but much better than what the dealer started with. Really appreciate the help.

Chilease said:

kyfdx said:

Chilease said:

36/12
    Thanks! I was able to get the dealer to .00176 and 3k off sticker on an 86k msrp 2020 gls450. The money factor negotiation took a lot of up and back and a threat to walk, they started off in the mid 2’s. Not sure if it was a bang up deal, but much better than what the dealer started with. Really appreciate the help.

Congrats!

Thanks for the report.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• mb_enthusiastmb_enthusiast Member Posts: 232

My understanding is that MBFS never locks in rates.
    My stable: 2019 Audi Q8, 2015 Mercedes-Benz GL63 AMG, and 2005 Mercedes-Benz E500W4Found new homes: 2017 Porsche Cayenne S, 2011 Mercedes-Benz R350 BlueTEC, and 2004 Volkswagen Phaeton V8Illinois real estate broker and commercial property manager
  • mb_enthusiastmb_enthusiast Member Posts: 232

Ask any salesman for the 'preliminary brochure.' It's also posted on the Mercedes-Benz enthusiast forums. The one I have on hand is a little old from the summertime.
    My stable: 2019 Audi Q8, 2015 Mercedes-Benz GL63 AMG, and 2005 Mercedes-Benz E500W4Found new homes: 2017 Porsche Cayenne S, 2011 Mercedes-Benz R350 BlueTEC, and 2004 Volkswagen Phaeton V8Illinois real estate broker and commercial property manager
  • MightymightyMightymighty Member Posts: 50
    Hi!
    What is the MF/Residual/Incentives for 36 months / 15K miles for the Pacific Northwest (Zip Code: Portland - 97266 or Seattle - 98195)? We're interested in the 450 and the 580. Thank you!

Hi!
    What is the MF/Residual/Incentives for 36 months / 15K miles for the Pacific Northwest (Zip Code: Portland - 97266 or Seattle - 98195)? We're interested in the 450 and the 580. Thank you!

450: .00176 MF and 55% residual

We don't have the 580 numbers, yet.

No incentives

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• 540iman540iman Member Posts: 3
    Can I get 36/12 and 42/12 for 94507? Dealers here quoting MSRP only plus inflated money factor relative to what is being posted here. Thanks
    540iman said:

Can I get 36/12 and 42/12 for 94507? Dealers here quoting MSRP only plus inflated money factor relative to what is being posted here. Thanks

.00176 and 57% / 53%

Either keep shopping, or wait for reality to catch up to the dealers.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Hi, can you post the MF and res for a 2020 GLS450 on a 36/15 lease in 91361, CA

Thanks
    ca76 said:

Hi, can you post the MF and res for a 2020 GLS450 on a 36/15 lease in 91361, CA

Thanks

.00176 and 55%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator