Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Target purchase price for 1500 Laramie with $59k MSRP?

k6m3wk6m3w Member Posts: 38
edited October 2019 in Ram
Hi Guys,
My 1500 lease is up and loved it so much, want to buy one next. So I am looking to finance/buy a new 2020 Ram 1500 Laramie with bunch of options that total to a $59k MSRP. Usually I look to Edmunds but the site is very glitchy lately (they changed the site and its terrible) and then when checked Kelley Blue Book it looked way off & v different from Edmunds. So basically the question is, barring rebates/incentives, what percentage off of MSRP should I be shooting for in this truck?
Also I live in NJ but on border of NY… am I better off going to NJ dealer b/c taxes?
Thank you in advance

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,768
    k6m3w said:

Hi Guys,
    My 1500 lease is up and loved it so much, want to buy one next. So I am looking to finance/buy a new 2020 Ram 1500 Laramie with bunch of options that total to a $59k MSRP. Usually I look to Edmunds but the site is very glitchy lately (they changed the site and its terrible) and then when checked Kelley Blue Book it looked way off & v different from Edmunds. So basically the question is, barring rebates/incentives, what percentage off of MSRP should I be shooting for in this truck?
    Also I live in NJ but on border of NY… am I better off going to NJ dealer b/c taxes?
    Thank you in advance

There isn't going to be a lot of data on 2020 units, yet. That will be your biggest issue with using the price tools on auto websites.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• k6m3wk6m3w Member Posts: 38
    Ok good point... What if I'm able to find a 2019 that matches most of my wants?
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,011
    k6m3w said:

Ok good point... What if I'm able to find a 2019 that matches most of my wants?

Then you should be able to get a killer deal. I'm seeing something like 18% off MSRP, in advertising. You could probably do better, in person.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• k6m3wk6m3w Member Posts: 38
    Thanks all. On another forum, found a helpful bit of color that I wanted to share:
    "
    On 2019 model two of my best deals were at 13.5-14.5% off msrp before rebates and this is the tough PNW market. One dealer said they would do $1000 bellow invoice on ordered 2020.
    There is also a 7% RV difference between 19 and 20 Which covers almost all 2019 lease rebates. So with same dealer discount they should lease the same.
    "