Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2019 Tiguan SE Lease

MkaldenbergMkaldenberg Member Posts: 9
edited October 2019 in Volkswagen
Hey all, looking for money factor, residual value %, and lease incentives/credits for a 2019 Tiguan SE w/ sunroof in the Denver, CO area. Thanks!

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,318

Hey all, looking for money factor, residual value %, and lease incentives/credits for a 2019 Tiguan SE w/ sunroof in the Denver, CO area. Thanks!

FWD or AWD?
    Lease term and miles per year?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    AWD with 4motion, 36months/7500 or 10,000

My game plan is to go into with the decision to buyout the lease at the end so I can realistically do 7500 and just go over.
  • Options

My game plan is to go into with the decision to buyout the lease at the end so I can realistically do 7500 and just go over.

36/10
    .00049 and 54%
    $1750 incentives

Why lease and buy out? Why not buy to begin with, and avoid all the lease specific fees?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,212

That's really a bad idea. If your plans change, and you decide you don't want to buy the car, you are screwed.
    Take the mileage allowance you think you will need. If you actually do buy the car, all of the extra you paid in payments will be reflected in a lower buyout price. And, if you don't purchase the car, you won't have any over-mileage charges (which are much higher than getting the proper miles upfront).

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Thanks for the info! I was thinking of leasing to buy for 2 reasons:
    1. I like the security of knowing exactly what has happened to the car from the very start, buying used can be a toss up and end up costing more down the road for major repairs.
    2. I don't have the cash right now to put down $5k-10k on a car so going with a lease gives me the flexibility to get a new car without having to put a lot down and it lowers the monthly payments while I save up to put money down when I buy out the lease.

Still a bad idea? I'm open to suggestions!
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Hey @kyfdx or @Michaell I was able to negotiate with the dealer on the lease payment. I'm not 100% satisfied with the price but wanted to get your thoughts.

Tiguan 2019, SE with 4 motion and sunroof

Retail Price: 30,760
    Sales Price: 25,850
    Accessories: 399 (not sure what these are)
    Govt fees: 7.20
    Doc fees: 699
    Acq. Fee: 675
    Gross Cap Cost: 27,630.20

*no cash down, 10,000mi, 36 month lease

Monthly cost: $380.01

Thoughts overall???

• Options

Hey @kyfdx or @Michaell I was able to negotiate with the dealer on the lease payment. I'm not 100% satisfied with the price but wanted to get your thoughts.

Tiguan 2019, SE with 4 motion and sunroof

Retail Price: 30,760
    Sales Price: 25,850
    Accessories: 399 (not sure what these are)
    Govt fees: 7.20
    Doc fees: 699
    Acq. Fee: 675
    Gross Cap Cost: 27,630.20

*no cash down, 10,000mi, 36 month lease

Monthly cost: $380.01

Thoughts overall???

What is the amount Due at Signing? $380.01? Or, zero?

What is your sales tax rate?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    amount due at signing would be 1st month payment of $380.01, not sure what the sales tax is but my zip is 80122 (Centennial, CO)

• Options

amount due at signing would be 1st month payment of $380.01, not sure what the sales tax is but my zip is 80122 (Centennial, CO)

I can't look it up..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    It would be 7.25%
  • Options

It would be 7.25%

To get the quoted payment, at that sales tax rate, the money factor would have to be marked up from .00049 to .00109.

You have $1100 of extra charges (accessories/doc fee) that add no value.
    And, a marked up money factor that adds $28/mo. ($1000 extra)

That $2100 is the difference between a great deal and a poor deal.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    @kyfdx I was quoted this by another dealer, I'm still not convinced this is a good deal. I think they can go lower on the purchase price. Do you think it's realistic to think that I could get to $300/mo after taxes?

• Options

@kyfdx I was quoted this by another dealer, I'm still not convinced this is a good deal. I think they can go lower on the purchase price. Do you think it's realistic to think that I could get to $300/mo after taxes?

Only if you can negotiate another $2500-3000 off the sticker price.

I'd say that is unlikely.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    Okay, as long as I know what's realistic and I'm not getting shafted by the dealer then I'm okay paying 33t to 350 but if I knew they could do better it would be frustrating. Thanks for your help!
  • Options

Okay, as long as I know what's realistic and I'm not getting shafted by the dealer then I'm okay paying 33t to 350 but if I knew they could do better it would be frustrating. Thanks for your help!

I didn't say you couldn't do better.

I said that $300/mo is likely unrealistic.

Which dealer is this? I've found Emich to be pretty up front.

Have you worked with multiple dealers to ensure you are getting the best price?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    I've been going back and forth with McDonald (who I currently lease from) and I've been talking to Emich. McDonald has been very frustrating, I continue to ask for the lease worksheet and they won't provide it. Emich gave me the lease worksheet after 2 emails so they are much easier to work with. The above worksheet is from Emich, I asked them if they could come down on the purchase price to $25k but I'm waiting on a response.

My position leaves me at an advantage because my current lease isn't up until February so if they don't provide me with the options I want then I'll just walk away from both and wait it out. The reason I'm looking to sign into a new lease early is so that I can have AWD during the winter, my current Jetta is terrible in the snow and I'm willing to pay out my current lease so it doesn't roll into a new lease. I only have 4 payments left so it's doable.

I may see what other VW dealers are in the area to see if they give me better prices right off the bat, we'll see.
  • Options

I've been going back and forth with McDonald (who I currently lease from) and I've been talking to Emich. McDonald has been very frustrating, I continue to ask for the lease worksheet and they won't provide it. Emich gave me the lease worksheet after 2 emails so they are much easier to work with. The above worksheet is from Emich, I asked them if they could come down on the purchase price to $25k but I'm waiting on a response.

My position leaves me at an advantage because my current lease isn't up until February so if they don't provide me with the options I want then I'll just walk away from both and wait it out. The reason I'm looking to sign into a new lease early is so that I can have AWD during the winter, my current Jetta is terrible in the snow and I'm willing to pay out my current lease so it doesn't roll into a new lease. I only have 4 payments left so it's doable.

I may see what other VW dealers are in the area to see if they give me better prices right off the bat, we'll see.

My Jetta lease was through McDonald. I think they've changed management, as their sales practices got a whole lot worse. In fact, I'm not sure there is a "good" VW dealer in metro Denver; Emich is the "least bad", as a friend of mine bought an AllTrack for his wife and they did him right on his trade in value (Audi Q7; don't ask).

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    JayAroraJayArora Member Posts: 3
    Hello,

Can you please provide me with the MF, RV and lease or loyalty credits for a 2018 Tiguan SE 4 MOTION 36/10K? Zip 83404
  • Options
    JayArora said:

Hello,

Can you please provide me with the MF, RV and lease or loyalty credits for a 2018 Tiguan SE 4 MOTION 36/10K? Zip 83404

There are no lease programs for 2018 models.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

This discussion has been closed.