Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Edmunds Members - Cars and Conversations

Comments

• driver100driver100 Member Posts: 31,964
    Actually, I did the math on Bwias car wrong, and I posted pictures so I could get more comments, so that I could win:
    25000 Comments
    Who’s house? Your house.

driver100You earned this badge 8:49AM

2017 MB E400 , 2015 MB GLK350, 2014 MB C250

• snakeweaselsnakeweasel Member Posts: 19,290

bwia said:

We have towns cancelling Halloween due to the rain and wind.
    Temp isn't bad.

Same here. It is raw out there. Wet, foggy, high winds and cold. No Halloween tonight either.
    They didn't cancel it here but trick or treaters here are as scarce as Hens teeth.
    On the way home from work the roads were filled with trick or treaters. Here’s my boss today:

Hope I don't get fired for posting that.

Sorry but he looks a bit deranged.
    Yep, I’m gonna get fired.

Actually my boss is a terrific guy and is very tolerant with the group of misfits he has to manage. He showed us his costume that he was going to wear trick or treating with his kids right after work. He asked his wife to pick something out for him that wouldn’t be too embarrassing and he said she started laughing. This was the result. He is obviously a very devoted dad. I never wore a costume for my kids.

At every company office we went to yesterday the young (under 50) people were dressed in costume. All us old characters were dressed like guys on oxygen, using canes, limping etc. as usual. :'(

And for your information, that’s Spongebob, a beloved kid’s cartoon character.
    But how tolerant would your boss be towards the peanut gallery that haunts this place?

2011 Hyundai Sonata, 2014 BMW 428i convertible, 2015 Honda CTX700D

driver100 said:

Would you buy a car from this guy?

Well he is a weatherman so nope wouldn't trust what he says.

• ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,031
    edited November 2019
    Isn't the woman in front of the green screen the weatherperson?

She's got a nice set of boots.

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

ab348 said:

whether or not I cannot say. But she is wearing boots which means they are forecasting snow so it will be a warm and sunny day.

• oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,562
    edited November 2019
    driver100 said:

OK, you motor enthusiasts, here is my dilemma. The 2014 C250 has 32000 miles on it. It gets about 6000 miles on it while we are here for 5 months. It needs a 1 year oil change done in the next few weeks. Last year I changed the oil and filter and got an in cabin air filter replaced.

I don't think it needs the full A or B Service which costs about $400 to $600 and includes checking all fluid levels, checking all the latches, instruments etc....everything.

I am thinking go to the indie garage, get an oil change, filter, check power steering level, brake fluid level, and pulling one wheel to check brake level....estimate of miles left.

Anything you would add or subtract?

In Florida I’d have them check the AC as well.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

bwia said:

We have towns cancelling Halloween due to the rain and wind.
    Temp isn't bad.

Same here. It is raw out there. Wet, foggy, high winds and cold. No Halloween tonight either.
    They didn't cancel it here but trick or treaters here are as scarce as Hens teeth.
    On the way home from work the roads were filled with trick or treaters. Here’s my boss today:

Hope I don't get fired for posting that.

Sorry but he looks a bit deranged.
    Yep, I’m gonna get fired.

Actually my boss is a terrific guy and is very tolerant with the group of misfits he has to manage. He showed us his costume that he was going to wear trick or treating with his kids right after work. He asked his wife to pick something out for him that wouldn’t be too embarrassing and he said she started laughing. This was the result. He is obviously a very devoted dad. I never wore a costume for my kids.

At every company office we went to yesterday the young (under 50) people were dressed in costume. All us old characters were dressed like guys on oxygen, using canes, limping etc. as usual. :'(

And for your information, that’s Spongebob, a beloved kid’s cartoon character.
    But how tolerant would your boss be towards the peanut gallery that haunts this place?
    I doubt he could tell the difference. :D

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

Around here if you get them to pull a wheel to check brake pad thickness (need to do them all, not just one BTW because you could have a sticky caliper causing undue wear) they will almost always tell you that you need a brake service which involves lubing the caliper sliders.

• omarmanomarman Member Posts: 2,702

driver100 said:

Would you buy a car from this guy?

Well he is a weatherman so nope wouldn't trust what he says.
    That's Columbus Traffic Anchor Katie McKee in front of the green screen. I think she's wearing the same dress in the State Highway Patrol video failing a field sobriety test last summer.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p40t3nT0EoM
    A time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing.
  • stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,439
    Driver, sounds like you got the basics covered. Just have tires rotated too (if they aren’t staggered size) and they can check the brakes then.

The dealer can do all that on my Acura in an hour for $50, and your C class is not any more complicated.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• laurasdadalaurasdada Member Posts: 4,686
    I've seen a few Alfa Stelvios on the road the past couple of days. Since they're running, on the road, wonder if they were really Porsche Macan's in Halloween costumes?

I'm a life long skier, snow is liquid gold. And, a winter sans snow is just a gray, depressing winter. As noted earlier, a couple of inches of snow in the flatland's a week, to pretty up the scene. Measured in feet, that should only be in the mountains...

CEL extinguished in the XF, perhaps I have to be more deliberate in putting the gas cap back on. Or, maybe a new cap (inspection looked fine).

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)

• jmonroe1jmonroe1 Member Posts: 7,466
    ab348 said:

For a second there I thought your post would get bounced but it was my mistake for quick reading it. Then again I might need glasses. Anyway, I thought the "t" in boots was a "b". My bad. :'(

jmonroe
    '15 Genesis Ultimate just like jmonroe's. '18 Legacy Limited with 3.6R (Mrs. j's)
    Mind in the gutter, JM! :stuck_out_tongue:

I'm a life long skier, snow is liquid gold. And, a winter sans snow is just a gray, depressing winter. As noted earlier, a couple of inches of snow in the flatland's a week, to pretty up the scene. Measured in feet, that should only be in the mountains...

So basically you like getting on top of a wet slippery mountain with sleds on your feet. Talk about crazy.

jmonroe1 said:

ab348 said:

For a second there I thought your post would get bounced but it was my mistake for quick reading it. Then again I might need glasses. Anyway, I thought the "t" in boots was a "b". My bad. :'(

jmonroe
    I thought the same thing. But are you sure it's due to reading to quickly and not to us having dirty minds?

• qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,891
    driver100 said:

OK, you motor enthusiasts, here is my dilemma. The 2014 C250 has 32000 miles on it. It gets about 6000 miles on it while we are here for 5 months. It needs a 1 year oil change done in the next few weeks. Last year I changed the oil and filter and got an in cabin air filter replaced.

I don't think it needs the full A or B Service which costs about $400 to $600 and includes checking all fluid levels, checking all the latches, instruments etc....everything.

I am thinking go to the indie garage, get an oil change, filter, check power steering level, brake fluid level, and pulling one wheel to check brake level....estimate of miles left.

Anything you would add or subtract?

With as long as it sits, I'd probably have the brake fluid done each year, too, and coolant every other year.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

jmonroe1 said:

ab348 said:

jmonroe
    I thought the same thing. But are you sure it's due to reading to quickly and not to us having dirty minds?
    You maybe but certainty not me. However, like I said, I did suspect @ab348 for a second.

jmonroe
    '15 Genesis Ultimate just like jmonroe's. '18 Legacy Limited with 3.6R (Mrs. j's)
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,145

So basically you like getting on top of a wet slippery mountain with sleds on your feet. Talk about crazy.
    Ask Sonny Bono what he thinks of the combination of snow, gravity and trees...

...oh, wait. You can't.

25+ years in Colorado and I've not been skiing one time.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,854
    I don’t need to ski... I can hurt myself just as easily for free

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

edited November 2019
    stickguy
    Driver, sounds like you got the basics covered. Just have tires rotated too (if they aren’t staggered size) and they can check the brakes then

Staggered size. Weird the difference in air pressure, 33 fronts, 41 rear...thanks for confirming.

In oldfarmer50 Florida I’d have them check the AC as well.

That raises a question. AC seems to be working very well, if I ask them to check is that inviting unnecessary work?

qbrozen With as long as it sits, I'd probably have the brake fluid done each year, too, and coolant every other year.

Another question then. We have had the car for 3 years now, it was all checked when we bought it 3 years ago, it has only gone 20k miles since we got it. Should the brake fluid be changed or checked?

Thanks, this helps, I haven't had a car that is out of warranty in many years - or I had prepaid servicing for 3 years.

Michaell said:

...oh, wait. You can't.

I said it before, Joan Rivers says she never took up skiing because she doesn't do any sport where there is an ambulance waiting for you at the bottom of the hill.

edited November 2019

Why, yes. Yes I do. And, likely more folks are (unfortunately) hurt+ driving or riding motorcycles/bicycles daily than skiing. People also jump out of airplanes and rock climb...crazy. Race cars... Like anything, a man's got to know his limitations.

Knock wood, never been hurt skiing, a bit of luck, a bit of skill, a bit of common sense (well, not when I was younger!) and a bit more luck. It's really a wonderful sport and (expensive, unfortunately) lifestyle.

I do have a wonderful memory of taking my roommate and his fiance up to Vermont one summer. I took them to Killington, showed 'em the lush Green Mountains and the well known trail, "Outer Limits." Her eyes grew wide, she asked me, "And you do what, on what, IN THE SNOW, on that mountain?!. Why, yes. Yes I do.

To each.

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)

• dino001dino001 Member Posts: 6,163
    driver100 said:

stickguy
    Driver, sounds like you got the basics covered. Just have tires rotated too (if they aren’t staggered size) and they can check the brakes then

Staggered size. Weird the difference in air pressure, 33 fronts, 41 rear...thanks for confirming.

In oldfarmer50 Florida I’d have them check the AC as well.

That raises a question. AC seems to be working very well, if I ask them to check is that inviting unnecessary work?

qbrozen With as long as it sits, I'd probably have the brake fluid done each year, too, and coolant every other year.

Another question then. We have had the car for 3 years now, it was all checked when we bought it 3 years ago, it has only gone 20k miles since we got it. Should the brake fluid be changed or checked?

Thanks, this helps, I haven't had a car that is out of warranty in many years - or I had prepaid servicing for 3 years.
    Wow, 41 psi is high. My rear tires are specified at 38, I think, and I thought it was pretty high. My previous car had lower values with the two-tier advisory, when for speeds over 100 mph, when they wanted it to be bumped up. I guess they abandoned that now and put higher value across the board.

2018 430i Gran Coupe

Don't you ride a motorcycle? Not crazy in and of itself, but given the state of the driver on these here US roads, crazy. I rode mini-bikes, but as I got older almost every single person that I know that rides has been knocked off their bike at one point or another.

I witnessed one, a 16 yo girl one week into her license forgot what a "Stop" sign meant. Hit my friend, sent him flying, he landed on the grass (we were at a state park) luckily only a separated shoulder. Bike was hurt more. But, he continued to ride, it was not the last accident he would be in. But, he continued to ride.

Michaell said:

...oh, wait. You can't.

Well half of Colorado is flat as a pancake.

Don't you ride a motorcycle? Not crazy in and of itself, but given the state of the driver on these here US roads, crazy. I rode mini-bikes, but as I got older almost every single person that I know that rides has been knocked off their bike at one point or another.

I witnessed one, a 16 yo girl one week into her license forgot what a "Stop" sign meant. Hit my friend, sent him flying, he landed on the grass (we were at a state park) luckily only a separated shoulder. Bike was hurt more. But, he continued to ride, it was not the last accident he would be in. But, he continued to ride.
    Yes I do ride a motorcycle, but there are places i will not ride. Plus motorcycles have brakes.

Yes I do ride a motorcycle, but there are places i will not ride. Plus motorcycles have brakes.

Luckily, as do skis/skiers or I'd have had to use cars in the parking lot to stop!
    We all pick our poisons, one man's crazy is another man's passion. Party on, Wayne!

Sorry, not sure if previous reply to Snake worked. And, I know you wouldn't want to miss any of these gems:

Luckily, as do skis/skiers or I'd have had to use cars in the parking lot to stop!
    We all pick our poisons, one man's crazy is another man's passion. Party on, Wayne!

Driver, if it has been 3 years, definitely do brake fluid now too.

• PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    driver100 said:

Actually, I did the math on Bwias car wrong, and I posted pictures so I could get more comments, so that I could win:
    25000 Comments
    Who’s house? Your house.

driver100 said:

25000 Comments
    Who’s house? Your house.

I should have known there was a method to your madness, even if only you could understand it. :(

jmonroe
    PF_Flyer said:

driver100 said:

25000 Comments
    Who’s house? Your house.

For the sanity of the others in here please don't encourage him.

jmonroe

• cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Member Posts: 5,499
    Too late
    '08 Acura TSX, '17 Subaru Forester
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    Since he celebrated 25K, the next round number is 50K, so it will be a while :)
    PF_Flyer said:

Yes, it might be a few months.

PF_Flyer said:

driver100 said:

25000 Comments
    Who’s house? Your house.

Love it! And I did a quote so I could see it again.

stickguy said:

Driver, if it has been 3 years, definitely do brake fluid now too.

Excellent point. I have never changed brake fluid before, but from the Mercedes guide it says:
    The recommended interval for replacing brake fluid is every 2 years or 20,000 miles, whichever comes first.

I got an offer from a Mercedes dealer......if you have over $300 worth of work done, they will give you $150 off. All these things are adding up...maybe I should do a full A service for about $400 and let them discount the $150, or will they find more stuff to replace to more than make up for the $150 discount.

Now I know why I like my cars to be under warranty, with a service program.

• abacomikeabacomike Member Posts: 12,255
    edited November 2019
    PF_Flyer said:

So you think? Of all those posts, "WHERE'S THE BEEF?"😛🤪😜

2021 Genesis G90

edited November 2019
    Mike has 10562 posts and JMonroe has 1208......I left you two in the dust :)

Mr Flyer, when are you going to fly me down to collect my new Cadillac XT5?

• abacomikeabacomike Member Posts: 12,255
    driver100 said:

Jmonroe and I have our lives to live! 🤪😜😛😝

2021 Genesis G90

• cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Member Posts: 5,499
    As do many of the rest of us. Marco is another who posts multiple (up to 10 or so) times a day, so he may one day hit the blessed 25K as well.
    '08 Acura TSX, '17 Subaru Forester
  • jipsterjipster Member Posts: 6,244

jipster said:

Happy Halloween everyone! Cold and windy here in the Villle. Looking at 36 degrees during prime time trick or treating. Hope these kids show up...instead of staying indoors to play x-box. I have 10 bags of.candy to get rid of. ;)

According to accuweather its 32 degrees but feels like 14. Its snowing and we might get as much as 6 inches by the time it's over. I dont think we will see many trick or treaters tonight. Frankenbush was blocking the way to our front door, maybe I shouldn't have cleaned it up last night then I wouldn't have had to worry about it.
    My candy projection estimate was fairly accurate. Thinking participation would be down about 40%. Handed out more pieces of candy per kid than I usually do, and only had about half a bag of candy remaining...which we/I finished off a few hours ago.

One lady, on our hoa web site, wrote she set out a bowl of candy with a note to take "one" piece. Well, her security system recorded a 12ish looking girl not only taking all of the candy, but the bowl as well!
    2020 Honda Accord EX-L, 2011 Hyundai Veracruz, 2010 Mercury Milan Premiere, 2007 Kia Optima
    We had 60 visitors by 6:10 when we left to go into Philly to see Hamilton. So we would have likely pushed 100, if not broke it.

• andres3andres3 Member Posts: 13,729
    Any CA registration/DMV experts here?

Normally used CA cars come with plates. My '15 A4 didn't.

When I bought the car,I asked the dealership, why so much for registration? Answer given was I was getting a whole year of registration.

Fast forward to now, I got plates that expire in January (bought car in July), and I just got the bill for renewal for January.

Can the dealership fix this? I don't want to waste life force on the DMV.
    '15 Audi Misano Red Pearl S4, '16 Audi TTS Daytona Gray Pearl, Wife's '19 VW Tiguan SEL 4-Motion
  • explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,256
    edited November 2019
    I would check the CA DMV website first under registrations.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
    I would return to the dealer and cause a scene when it’s busy and full of customers. A few thrown chairs or collapsing in tears while you roll around on the floor should cause enough drama to get you a refund. :@

stickguy said:

We had 60 visitors by 6:10 when we left to go into Philly to see Hamilton. So we would have likely pushed 100, if not broke it.

Did you like Hamilton?
    I couldn't wait for it to be over...all that rap music gave me a headache.
    Good story, but 3 hours of rap music!!!!!!

abacomike said:

driver100 said:

It is more like...if you want something done.....give it to a busy person to do.

• ventureventure Member Posts: 2,860
    driver100 said:

stickguy said:

Did you like Hamilton?
    I couldn't wait for it to be over...all that rap music gave me a headache.
    Good story, but 3 hours of rap music!!!!!!
    Those 2 words should not be put together.

2020 Ascent Limited, 2024 Subaru Legacy Sport

driver100 said:

abacomike said:

driver100 said:

It is more like...if you want something done.....give it to a busy person to do.
    Does anyone in here understand that comment? I know I don't. Probably just a post for the sake of a post for getting the post count up. I guess you can say I'm an enabler because this post will more than likely get a reply. I've got to stop this before you guys accuse me of posting for the purpose of getting my post count up.

jmonroe