Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Edmunds Members - Cars and Conversations

Comments

• abacomikeabacomike Member Posts: 12,255

As do many of the rest of us. Marco is another who posts multiple (up to 10 or so) times a day, so he may one day hit the blessed 25K as well.

Blessed 25K? I prefer "anointed" as the adjective - I doubt it's "blessed"!

2021 Genesis G90

• jmonroe1jmonroe1 Member Posts: 7,466
    abacomike said:

As do many of the rest of us. Marco is another who posts multiple (up to 10 or so) times a day, so he may one day hit the blessed 25K as well.

More like proof that you need a life, like you said. Sure, there are posters in here with more than 25K posts but they've been in here since dirt was created.

jmonroe
    '15 Genesis Ultimate just like jmonroe's. '18 Legacy Limited with 3.6R (Mrs. j's)
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,373
    jmonroe1 said:

driver100 said:

abacomike said:

driver100 said:

Mike has 10562 posts and JMonroe has 1208......I left you two in the dust :)

Jmonroe and I have our lives to live! 🤪😜😛😝
    It is more like...if you want something done.....give it to a busy person to do.
    Does anyone in here understand that comment? I know I don't. Probably just a post for the sake of a post for getting the post count up. I guess you can say I'm an enabler because this post will more than likely get a reply. I've got to stop this before you guys accuse me of posting for the purpose of getting my post count up.

jmonroe
    "Don't you dare talk back to me when I'm talking to you boy! Do you think I'm talking to hear myself talk? ANSWER ME!"

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

edited November 2019
    Just got my 2019 Real Estate Tax Bill. It actually went "down" $6.00 - even though the assessed valuation went up $13000. That's amazing! Could be because I have a new neighbor who pay really heavy taxes - Mara-Lago! Nah, he lives in Palm Beach County - I'm in Broward County. But 'ya never know! :smile:

The actual amount of the tax bill was $744 - but if I pay before November 30th, I save 4%. So I just paid the tax bill online. There was no additional fee and I already received my receipt. That sure makes it much easier. The assessed valuation of my Condo Unit is $110,000. What I could actually get if I sold the unit would be that amount +/- $10,000. With the influx of new people moving into the State from New York, New Jersey, Connecticut and other areas, values will go up because there is a shortage of modestly priced Condo Units for sale in Northern Broward and Southern Palm Beach Counties.

2021 Genesis G90

• cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Member Posts: 5,499
    "Sure, there are posters in here with more than 25K posts but they've been in here since dirt was created."

Plus which, they post on more than one discussion. The old-time high-volume guys post on several, usually many. I've bookmarked 24 discussions, but most of them are deader than Elvis. Still, a half dozen get pretty regular traffic.
    '08 Acura TSX, '17 Subaru Forester
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,891
    I used to be far more active when I was relatively new. I have slowed considerably. I believe there may even be days I don’t post at all.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,439
    edited November 2019
    I loved Hamilton. even the music was very well done. And I am not at all a rap fan.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• driver100driver100 Member Posts: 31,964
    jmonroe1 said:

driver100 said:

abacomike said:

driver100 said:

It is more like...if you want something done.....give it to a busy person to do.
    Does anyone in here understand that comment? I know I don't. Probably just a post for the sake of a post for getting the post count up. I guess you can say I'm an enabler because this post will more than likely get a reply. I've got to stop this before you guys accuse me of posting for the purpose of getting my post count up.

jmonroe
    Since you asked....what it means is....there is a better chance something will get done (that is will do more posting) if the individual is busier....even though their schedule already seems to be full.

So, the busy guy, who gets up at 6 a.m., answers about 8 emails, has breakfast with Mrs D, takes the dog for a walk, leaves for tennis at 7:30, plays from 8 to 10, comes home has a shower, reads two newspapers, takes the dog to the dog park, answers about 10 more emails....etc etc probably posts more than the guy who waxes his car all day long.

2017 MB E400 , 2015 MB GLK350, 2014 MB C250

I would kill to have my monthly property taxes by $744, never mind yearly.

I really gotta get the heck out of NJ.

jmonroe1 said:

abacomike said:

More like proof that you need a life, like you said. Sure, there are posters in here with more than 25K posts but they've been in here since dirt was created.

jmonroe
    Because of the word count, your 1210 posts should count as about 120,000.

stickguy said:

I loved Hamilton. even the music was very well done. And I am not at all a rap fan.

You seem to be with the majority who love it. I'd like to see it done with "normal" music, and spoken so you could make out at least 90% of the words.

Thanks stick for mentioning new brake fluid....should be done every 2 years or 20000 miles.

I thought I should check on power steering fluid too. Most people believe you never have to change it, it is sealed so shouldn't lose any and shouldn't break down.

Others say all fluids can break down and/or become contaminated. Here are some mechanics opinions:

One thing the auto pros don't agree on is how frequently power steering fluid should be flushed. Manouchekian says the service should be done about every two years, while Peck recommends about every 75,000 to 100,000 miles. Nemphos says he suggests a flush every 30,000 to 60,000 miles. Depending on your vehicle's age and performance, talk to your mechanic about his or her recommendations for a flush.

The cost
    Experts we spoke with say they typically charge between $99 and $125 for a standard power steering flush

I am at 30k miles, only do 6k a year, I will wait for 3 more years, or 50k miles.

I think at one point some years back the counter reset, during one of the many changes to forum software. So it wasn't just the recent issue with some people forgetting their password that caused the clock to restart.

• ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,031

Sometimes Marco's posts have inadvertent humor though, thanks to the voice-to-text software getting things wrong. This week he ended up calling @stickguy "stink guy", which just broke me up when I read it. I'm laughing again now typing it. :laughing:

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

• oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,562
    stickguy said:

Do you think the NJ governor would say “good riddance” if you did?

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

driver100 said:

Thanks stick for mentioning new brake fluid....should be done every 2 years or 20000 miles.

I thought I should check on power steering fluid too. Most people believe you never have to change it, it is sealed so shouldn't lose any and shouldn't break down.

Others say all fluids can break down and/or become contaminated. Here are some mechanics opinions:

One thing the auto pros don't agree on is how frequently power steering fluid should be flushed. Manouchekian says the service should be done about every two years, while Peck recommends about every 75,000 to 100,000 miles. Nemphos says he suggests a flush every 30,000 to 60,000 miles. Depending on your vehicle's age and performance, talk to your mechanic about his or her recommendations for a flush.

The cost
    Experts we spoke with say they typically charge between $99 and $125 for a standard power steering flush

I am at 30k miles, only do 6k a year, I will wait for 3 more years, or 50k miles.

I would say for power steering fluid, just suck out all you can with a turkey baster and pour in some fresh stuff. Why would you need to flush anything? I could be wrong but a PS system isn’t under the same pressure of say a transmission and isn’t subject to the corrosion of the cooling system.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

OF, Many would agree with you. The one mechanic said he avoids doing unnecessary work, but, he thinks all fluids can get contaminated with bits of corrosive material leaching into the fluid, then wearing on parts......so getting it done at 75 or 100k could be worth the cost...$125. I don't know, but, it could make sense.

driver100 said:

jmonroe1 said:

driver100 said:

abacomike said:

driver100 said:

jmonroe
    Since you asked....what it means is....there is a better chance something will get done (that is will do more posting) if the individual is busier....even though their schedule already seems to be full.

So, the busy guy, who gets up at 6 a.m., answers about 8 emails, has breakfast with Mrs D, takes the dog for a walk, leaves for tennis at 7:30, plays from 8 to 10, comes home has a shower, reads two newspapers, takes the dog to the dog park, answers about 10 more emails....etc etc probably posts more than the guy who waxes his car all day long.
    That makes even less sense than your previous post. BUT you got credit for another post and it's my fault for replying.

jmonroe
    '15 Genesis Ultimate just like jmonroe's. '18 Legacy Limited with 3.6R (Mrs. j's)
    I know...it is way to busy a day for you to even contemplate (means think about). (now 25014 posts)

• snakeweaselsnakeweasel Member Posts: 19,290
    jmonroe1 said:

driver100 said:

abacomike said:

driver100 said:

jmonroe
    I do, a busy person would have developed better time management skills. Plus the busy person would normally prioritize projects and get things done on a timely basis based on priority.

A person who normally has plenty of time on their hands doesn't developed time management skills, does need to prioritize and generally takes their time getting things done.

2011 Hyundai Sonata, 2014 BMW 428i convertible, 2015 Honda CTX700D

driver100 said:

OF, Many would agree with you. The one mechanic said he avoids doing unnecessary work, but, he thinks all fluids can get contaminated with bits of corrosive material leaching into the fluid, then wearing on parts......so getting it done at 75 or 100k could be worth the cost...$125. I don't know, but, it could make sense.

I would think that after waiting 100k miles, if anything nasty was grinding on parts it would be too late. Why not just warm the system up, suck out as much as you can ( hopefully taking the nasty stuff with it) and then replace with clean fluid? That’s what you do with motor oil and you don’t usually have to flush the engine.

• imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,132
    Don't most progressive cars have electrically-assisted steering now? No fluid, other than the electrons, to flush out.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

1256 posts to go.

edited November 2019
    I saw Genesis is prepping an SUV to sell here now. We'll really hear about it when the folks start buying those wannabes.

I saw an AMG GTR I believe it was called on Motorweak today. Just what the typical car buyer needs for running to Kroger to pick up a rotisserie chicken.

Only 1253 posts to go.

edited November 2019

jmonroe1 said:

driver100 said:

abacomike said:

driver100 said:

jmonroe
    I do, a busy person would have developed better time management skills. Plus the busy person would normally prioritize projects and get things done on a timely basis based on priority.

A person who normally has plenty of time on their hands doesn't developed time management skills, does need to prioritize and generally takes their time getting things done.
    Excellent........and the not busy person has lots of time to wax their car, whereas the busy person has too many more meaningful things to do, and will squeeze in a few posts on Edmunds while doing a lot more during his busy time managed day.

driver100 said:

I would think that after waiting 100k miles, if anything nasty was grinding on parts it would be too late. Why not just warm the system up, suck out as much as you can ( hopefully taking the nasty stuff with it) and then replace with clean fluid? That’s what you do with motor oil and you don’t usually have to flush the engine.
    Good point and Scotty will tell you how to do it......in just 3 minutes if you can bare to watch:
    https://youtu.be/Q9bcWa4OZjI

Don't most progressive cars have electrically-assisted steering now? No fluid, other than the electrons, to flush out.

Watch Scotty's video above....he answers that question nicely near the end.

• houdini2houdini2 Member Posts: 409

jmonroe1 said:

ab348 said:

Isn't the woman in front of the green screen the weatherperson?

She's got a nice set of boots.

For a second there I thought your post would get bounced but it was my mistake for quick reading it. Then again I might need glasses. Anyway, I thought the "t" in boots was a "b". My bad. :'(

jmonroe
    I thought the same thing. But are you sure it's due to reading to quickly and not to us having dirty minds?
    Me too.
  • explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,256
    It's sad to watch when behavior descends into an addiction or compulsion,maybe even some dementia.
    driver100, please seek out some counselling.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,031

Do progressive cars only have the ability to turn to the left? :wink:

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

edited November 2019
    stickguy said:

I just finished reading an article that describes the migrations of hundreds of thousands of northeastern residents to Florida over the past 3 years because of the huge tax burden created by the States and the change in the Federal Tax structure which limits deductions on mortgages and other write-offs. As you all know, someone just moved here from NY based purely on taxes.

Down here, taxes are quite reasonable as is the cost of living. No state income taxes or estate taxes. Unfortunately insurance rates for cars, houses and Condos is murder because of the hurricanes we are affected by.

2021 Genesis G90

I want to get out, but I know we are not going to Florida. Not if I expect the wife to come along!

• explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,256
    I live in CT, at least for now, but when I move it won't be to Florida.
    Several people we know moved there and then moved back due to the comparative sub standard medical care.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
    my original plan was N. Carolina. That seems to be out, but I might still swing Delaware. I really don't want to get sucked into going back to NY.

driver100 said:

driver100 said:

Good point and Scotty will tell you how to do it......in just 3 minutes if you can bare to watch:
    But I thought you said Scotty was full of beans? Would you take his advice? Nice to know I won’t have to change it on the Mustang. Probably not the Kia either.

My old 88’ Vandura had the cleanest power steering fluid in town because it leaked so bad I had to put fresh stuff in every few weeks.

driver100 said:

jmonroe1 said:

driver100 said:

abacomike said:

driver100 said:

jmonroe

Excellent........and the not busy person has lots of time to wax their car, whereas the busy person has too many more meaningful things to do, and will squeeze in a few posts on Edmunds while doing a lot more during his busy time managed day.
    But let's not confuse a busy person with a busy body.

Ah yes since it's the time change make sure you disconnect your cable modem and blow high pressure air through it to get rid of those extra electrons stuck inside the cable.

It's sad to watch when behavior descends into an addiction or compulsion,maybe even some dementia.

Saw that today when we say the Joker.

ab348 said:

I really dont think you will find to many progressives in NASCAR.

I live in CT, at least for now, but when I move it won't be to Florida.
    Several people we know moved there and then moved back due to the comparative sub standard medical care.

Depends on where in Florida you live. Here in Southeast Florida, we have Cleveland Clinic, Baptist Health, University of Miami medical center (Jackson Memorial), Miami Heart, and 5 level 1 Trauma Centers. Same for Jacksonville Area where they have Mayo Clinic. But there are many areas that are not as well blessed with health care facilities.

2021 Genesis G90

Envy is not good either explorer :p

ab348 said:

No politics allowed ab. (lol though)

driver100 said:

driver100 said:

But I thought you said Scotty was full of beans? Would you take his advice? Nice to know I won’t have to change it on the Mustang. Probably not the Kia either.

My old 88’ Vandura had the cleanest power steering fluid in town because it leaked so bad I had to put fresh stuff in every few weeks.
    I only watched because I was curious....I who know nothing mechanical will not be attempting what Scotty just said to do. Use a turkey baster, draw fluid out, drive around the block, repeat a few times...could do more damage than any money I would save.

• sb55sb55 Member Posts: 616
    I’ve read almost every post here since 2002, but rarely comment. I’ll never get to multiple thousands of posts. Oh, well....

2021 Toyota Venza Limited Hybrid, 2022 Ram 2500 Laramie 6.4 Hemi, 2007 Mazda MX-5 Miata PRHT

driver100 said:

jmonroe1 said:

driver100 said:

abacomike said:

driver100 said:

jmonroe

But let's not confuse a busy person with a busy body.
    And worst of all...a busy poster.

jmonroe
    sb55 said:

I’ve read almost every post here since 2002, but rarely comment. I’ll never get to multiple thousands of posts. Oh, well....

There are very few of us here who even know or care how many comments we've posted.

2021 Genesis G90

edited November 2019
    Here's something I learned today. My Kia’s 2.0L is a GDI. Never knew that. Thought it had the Theta mpi engine but it’s the Nu gdi.

Now I have to worry about carbon on the intake valves.

abacomike said:

sb55 said:

There are very few of us here who even know or care how many comments we've posted.
    Right and then we have our wannabe famous one percenter. :'(

jmonroe

Here's something I learned today. My Kia’s 2.0L is a GDI. Never knew that. Thought it had the Theta mpi engine but it’s the Nu gdi.

You are Walter Matthau? Simple answer. Get it out on the Northway for an Italian tune-up on a regular basis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4UhOeYYXAA

edited November 2019

I suggest you use only TopTier gasolineS that have a lot more detergents than other brands. Direct Injection engines need highest detergent gasoline's available.

2021 Genesis G90