Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

I spotted a NEW (insert make/model) today!

Comments

• fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,092
    Saw blinking CHMSLs today on a Forte, RDX, and a box (Odyssey maybe, I forget).

124, good cars, although I wouldn't present one like that - monoblocks or stock wheels, please.

Speaking of new cars, I hate the payment, but 5 months in, I still enjoy driving the wagon. Maybe THIS will be the lease I buy out. We'll see.
    andres3 said:

@fintail cousin to your newer wagon

• stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,435
    not blinking, but on a newer Jeep, they had changed out the lens so when it lit up it spelled out NAVY.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

2020 Legacy. Looks a whole lot like the 2019 Legacy on the outside. not the inside though.

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    In the valet line at a restaurant I can’t afford.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

not even sure what it is, but if I had one, no valet would ever touch it.

out driving around, a brand new Santa Fe (temp tags) in white passed me. A higher trim line. Kid and I both thought it looked really sharp.

Actually in Delaware or just another hardworking tax evader/capitalist hero?
    In Covington, KY.

McLaren. Not sure which one, but not the smallest one.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,132
    kyfdx said:

In the valet line at a restaurant I can’t afford.

MainStrasse. I miss the annual car show they used to have there on the grass and the street.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

getting delivered at the Hyundai dealer, a Kona electric. Probably this one.

• laurasdadalaurasdada Member Posts: 4,686
    Where I work, the company owns the building & land (pricey suburb of Boston), four buildings. The times they are a changing; much renovation and shuffling of employees from four buildings to two. Other two are now renovated and being leased to other companies. These include an asset manager, a precious metals firm and Morgan Stanley branch.

This has had a fun effect on the parking lot; this morning, as I exited my car, I watched a very new looking, shiny green Bentley Continental GT convertible (grille looked bigger than me!) pull in to the Morgan Stanley parking lot, followed by a new looking BMW 7, M850 convertible and Audi A8.

Once again, my poor career choices are echoed in the cars that surround me daily!

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)

• thebeanthebean Member Posts: 1,216
    edited September 2019
    @laurasdada - If you want to feel better about your career choices, go check out the employee parking lot of any retail establishment in the country. B)
    2015 Honda Accord EX, 2019 Honda HR-V EX
  • andres3andres3 Member Posts: 13,729
    thebean said:

@laurasdada - If you want to feel better about your career choices, go check out the employee parking lot of any retail establishment in the country. B)

Such as Wal-Mart.
    '15 Audi Misano Red Pearl S4, '16 Audi TTS Daytona Gray Pearl, Wife's '19 VW Tiguan SEL 4-Motion
    Hey, I'm old. I may be parking in that employee lot!

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)

• thebeanthebean Member Posts: 1,216
    Yesterday on I-40 in New Mexico, a recent vintage Challenger with a Charger Daytona high wing. Could not have been any more strange looking. Also, looked to have trim and wheels blacked out.
    2015 Honda Accord EX, 2019 Honda HR-V EX
    Within a couple of minutes, two Genesis G70, white and blue. Handsome, if derivative, beast.

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,063

Within a couple of minutes, two Genesis G70, white and blue. Handsome, if derivative, beast.

Isn't everything derivative, at this point?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

Saw an Edge ST in traffic, along with an Audi Q8 (or maybe SQ) doing rich housewife duty at a Costco.
  • texasestexases Member Posts: 10,685
    edited September 2019
    On a trip to LA, saw a RR in photo camo wrap. Wonder why it was driving around Glendale in the morning rush hour??
    Saw either a Ferrari F8 or late 488 today, freshly plated, don't remember the details to differentiate (similar window shape). I was in the fintail, driver gave me a thumbs up.
    Also saw 3 Ford EcoSports in like an hour - they still seem somehow "off" to me, and I can't imagine who buys them, must be some deals (not apparent rentals).
    fintail said:

Also saw 3 Ford EcoSports in like an hour - they still seem somehow "off" to me, and I can't imagine who buys them, must be some deals (not apparent rentals).

I've spotted a couple of them in the past week or so, as well.

Yes, the proportions do seem odd.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,027
    Examined a Kia Niro up close today. It is nicely styled, better than the Sportage, and seemed to me to be almost the same size as the Caddy XT4 I drove this week, just a bit smaller I think. Interior was OK but certainly a lot more plasticky given the price point. According to reviews its biggest drawback is that it isn't very zippy. Only has something like 139hp/195 torque. If it had more power it might be a more appealing offering.

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

Older woman who parks near me in my building leases a Honda every 2/3 years, she's been around long enough where I've seen 3 or 4 cars. She just got a new one, moderate spec HRV. Apparently this one is a purchase.
    edited October 2019
    First pic I've seen of the upcoming Hyundai Venue, a subcompact crossover the size of the Nissan Kicks and others in that category:

Not sure that one is a great look with those colors.

It seems woefully underpowered with a 1.6NA engine delivering only 121hp/113torque via a CVT.

• tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,850
    1.6NA engine delivering only 121hp/113torque via a CVT.

UGH

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

My first new car was a 1985 Colt. 68 HP and 82 #/ft torque. Quite the rocket. Got around fine as long as you didn’t mind downshifting a lot to pull hills on the Highway!

What did that Colt weigh, like 1900 lbs?

I suspect this new rig weighs like 3700 lbs.
    About a ton probably.

fintail said:

What did that Colt weigh, like 1900 lbs?

I suspect this new rig weighs like 3700 lbs.

Venue - 2250 to 2730 lbs, from what the interwebs state.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• JustinSJustinS Administrator Posts: 57
    I was surprised to see this on the road here in Tampa last night!
    Edmunds Customer Care
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,889
    i guess that's the Taycan?
    Stupid-expensive car, IMHO.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    And it's in traffic just like the rest of us :)
    Those definitely are not hypermiling special tires.

• tifightertifighter Member Posts: 3,591
    Manufacturer plates

23 Civic Type-R / 22 MDX Type-S / 21 Tesla Y LR / 03 Montero Ltd

edited October 2019
    I saw a Dodge Stealth, probably the last one still running. I remember as a kid I thought Dodge was cool with those R/T Turbos and the new Viper.
    '15 Audi Misano Red Pearl S4, '16 Audi TTS Daytona Gray Pearl, Wife's '19 VW Tiguan SEL 4-Motion
    Saw a new G-Wagen on the road this morning, unfortunately, a G63.
  • explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,251
    I also saw a black G Wagen. Don't see them often around here.
    Also, new white BMW M 4, white Ford Explorer Platinum, black Tesla Model 3.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,251
    A Model 3 driving up the street, guy in passenger seat giving my truck the stink eye.
    I think it was one of my neighbors! HAHA!
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
    Some of the Tesla demographic (around here anyway) would have me tempted to roll coal if I had the ability.

Instead, I can just drive my pre-catalyst and pre-emissions car, which might be the same thing B)

• qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,889
    *choke*

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

Went car looking at the MB dealer while running an errand today. Nothing too unusual, but they did have a couple new GLS, which is a clear evolution from the old one. I sat in one, and didn't find the ICE hard to work with, which surprised me as I have read complaints (but I didn't talk to it). The touchpad made changing nav screen settings quite easy and intuitive, like working on a laptop. Funny thing though, the one in the showroom was an absolute base model, it even had a credit for "standard features not included" (I think maybe some ICE functions and fancier headlights). Never seen that on a MB sticker before. Fleet spec I guess, 73K sticker. But the one outside, filthy looking apparently from being on a car hauler, was quite loaded with an 89K sticker. The fancier one also had an interesting feature - open pore (matte finish) wood with a wood wheel. In the past, wood wheels were only for cars with shiny wood. New thing for 2020 I guess. I also notice on the E, finally, the widescreen digital dash is included with the first tier (virtually mandatory in prior years) premium package, which means the analog gauges, which are awkward to me, are effectively gone from the E.
    Saw the upper-middle new Caddy SUV/CUV this morning, I've seen a couple in the past few days.
    Pointed an XT4 out to the wife (caddy palace shares a lot with BMW palace). Liked the color. Did not like front end at all. Might drive one anyway since they pay $50 too!

stickguy said:

Pointed an XT4 out to the wife (caddy palace shares a lot with BMW palace). Liked the color. Did not like front end at all. Might drive one anyway since they pay $50 too!

Geez, the front end is one of its most attractive features. It's hardly a Nissan Juke or an angry RAV4.

Parked behind a Volvo XC40, this weekend. Told my wife it was really popular. She doesn't like it. I think it's that reverse kick-up on the C-Pillar, that doesn't look right to her.

I liked it.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

edited November 2019
    I saw the large Acura sedan RLX???? , the rarest of sightings on the roadway. They must of sold all of these to people that never drive.
    I always guessed they sold to people connected to dealerships.