Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Regal 2.0T. Which front rototrs?

Coda514Coda514 Member Posts: 2
edited November 2019 in Buick
I have a 2014 Regal 2.0 T. I need to replace the front rotors and there are two different sizes listed for it. I am not looking at the GS rotors, those are completely different. The two sizes are 296mm or 321mm. How do i know which ones I need. I am ordering parts online so I cant just pull one to compare, and I dont have the proper tools to measure.

Comments

• imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,151
    edited November 2019
    On rockauto.com they may indicate the option RPO code for the rotors they offer. There is an "info" button that may give you further info.

But the first place I'd start is acdelco.com

There's a section that allows you to look up parts and I believe it allows you to input your VIN number. That should give you the exact part for your car.

https://parts-catalog.acdelco.com/catalog/catalog_search.php

Watch to see if any of these descriptions refer to the rim size or tire option for picking the right brake rotor that fits inside.

Another option is to go to the parts department at your local GM dealer to have them give you quote on the part--that should include their giving you the part number. Then you can cross reference that part number on the internet to find the rotors.

I have had good luck using acdelco.com for the part numbers for the Pro parts (Advantage parts are the price competitive ones). E.g., I found there are two beam wipers that fit my 14 Malibu (with 18" rims). So I searched the various parts on ebay and Amazon and ordered the wiper blades on rockauto.com LOL

I'm wondering if I'll run into the ambiguous rotors because mine is am LT2, and the LTZ had the turbo motor, mine doesn't.

You may also need to see your RPO chart that shows all the options on the car as 3-letter codes.
    Search yahoo for where your RPO code sticker is. I don't recall mine in the Malibu--haven't needed it lately. But it's likely the same place as yours.

RPO sticker is on the left sidewall of the spare tire well. Take a photo after you get to it by lifting the cover.

Here's a sheet that lists all codes for GM over several years and interprets them.

There may be more specific lists for the Regal by searching yahoo.com.

http://www.frontiernet.net/~face440/GMRPOCodes.pdf

http://www.rpocodes.com/rpotaglocations.html

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

• imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,151
    edited November 2019
    On rockauto.com choices in daily driver quality, I see j60, j61, j64 as rpo codes
    for various options that affect the front rotor choice.

I'd recommend the acdelco site and enter your VIN to be sure.

The j60 is 16 inch rims if rockauto is right.

The j64 is performance rear suspension if I understand right.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

• Coda514Coda514 Member Posts: 2
    Thank you so much for the help. with your info I was able to figure out that they are the 321 mm rotors.