Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Lease deals on Chevy Blazers

MrHarris183MrHarris183 Member Posts: 30
edited May 2019 in Chevrolet
Whats up..

So I'm curious about the MF, residual, loyalty credits, rebates or any other deductions available for the 2019 or 2020 Blazer. I'm currently going over offers for a few vehicles (blazer being one of them) and the most competive deal so far reads as such;

Blazer 2LT, 2 years/20k miles, $3000 down plus first month payment of $400. This is from a dealership in the Omaha area. If I can shave off a grand, that would be great!

Thanks...

Comments

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,997

Whats up..

So I'm curious about the MF, residual, loyalty credits, rebates or any other deductions available for the 2019 or 2020 Blazer. I'm currently going over offers for a few vehicles (blazer being one of them) and the most competive deal so far reads as such;

Blazer 2LT, 2 years/20k miles, $3000 down plus first month payment of $400. This is from a dealership in the Omaha area. If I can shave off a grand, that would be great!

Thanks...

The Blazer lease programs are just OK. However, if you're looking for 20,000 miles per year, you're making the lease program worse, as the extra miles will affect the residual value.

The 24/15 numbers (higest mileage we have data for) are .00275 and 61%, less whatever GM Financial will adjust the residual by for the extra miles.

There is a $5500 customer incentive, which helps a bit.

We would not recommend putting down so much money on a lease; it will be at risk if the vehicle is stolen or totaled. We suggest just first payment and registration costs only be paid at signing.

What is the MSRP and selling price of the quote you got? If you can get the dealer to share the lease worksheet with you, that would go a long way in helping us help you.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• MrHarris183MrHarris183 Member Posts: 30
    -Actually no, it's 10k per year over a 2 year period.
    -The $5500 customer incentive is something already figured in, or is this something that I should bring up and throw in their face?
    -If $3000 down is a lot, I dare not mention my venture over to BMW X3. Thats more along the lines of what I really wanted. I went with the Blazer in an attempt to save a few grand.
    -The MSRP is about $39.2..
    - I haven't actually been to this dealership yet. I'm just talking through emails. Told them that I'm looking for competitive leasing arrangements vs the Telluride, X3 and the Stelvio.

-Actually no, it's 10k per year over a 2 year period.
    -The $5500 customer incentive is something already figured in, or is this something that I should bring up and throw in their face?
    -If $3000 down is a lot, I dare not mention my venture over to BMW X3. Thats more along the lines of what I really wanted. I went with the Blazer in an attempt to save a few grand.
    -The MSRP is about $39.2..
    - I haven't actually been to this dealership yet. I'm just talking through emails. Told them that I'm looking for competitive leasing arrangements vs the Telluride, X3 and the Stelvio.

Ah, 10K per year. Add 2% to the residual I quoted above, then.

No SUVs lease that well - it's a popular segment and leases, in general, are getting more expensive.

The $5500 incentive is in addition to any discount you negotiate, and will show up on the contract as a down payment on its own.

I know a couple of folks who have leased a Stelvio - one got rid of it after only a few months, and the other is experiencing electrical gremlins. Granted, a small sample size, but figured I'd share.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• MrHarris183MrHarris183 Member Posts: 30
    So there is a possibility that this is all hype. I do have a lease calculator (leasehackr) that I'll be using after I get around to the dealership..

Ideally, I wouldn't want to put down any more than $2000 on a vehicle under $50k (if possible) with low cap cost reduction. Keeping payments under $500/month.
  • NicholasSemanNicholasSeman Member Posts: 11
    Hello:

Could you provide me with lease MF/residual/incentives/etc. for the 2020 Blazer RS for 36 month / 12K ?

Thank you;
    Nick

Hello:

Could you provide me with lease MF/residual/incentives/etc. for the 2020 Blazer RS for 36 month / 12K ?

Thank you;
    Nick

What is your ZIP code?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• IowaDriverIowaDriver Member Posts: 2
    I'm interested in leasing a 2020 Blazer RS with MRSP of about $50K. I'm usually a low-mileage driver and probably only use about 10K miles per year. Never leased before. If I buy, will trade and put down cash for rest. Not planning to borrow any money. There is a good chance that I will trade again in 3 years. Area code 50158.
    1. Should I buy or lease?
    2. If I lease, what would good terms look like?
    3. Does GM have any incentives that would factor in?
    4. Would there be any advantage to waiting until December or January? Are deals any better then?

Thanks!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760

I'm interested in leasing a 2020 Blazer RS with MRSP of about $50K. I'm usually a low-mileage driver and probably only use about 10K miles per year. Never leased before. If I buy, will trade and put down cash for rest. Not planning to borrow any money. There is a good chance that I will trade again in 3 years. Area code 50158.
    1. Should I buy or lease?
    2. If I lease, what would good terms look like?
    3. Does GM have any incentives that would factor in?
    4. Would there be any advantage to waiting until December or January? Are deals any better then?

Thanks!

If I only drove 10K/yr, I would buy. But, if you are sure you will trade in three years, then leasing could work for you.

What is your location?
    FWD or AWD?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• MeNMyDroneMeNMyDrone Member Posts: 1
    Hello looking to get information on a 2019 chevy blazer Awd, msrp, residuals, incentives, money factor, and invoice. Im looking to lease soon

Hello looking to get information on a 2019 chevy blazer Awd, msrp, residuals, incentives, money factor, and invoice. Im looking to lease soon

What is your ZIP code?
    What trim level?
    What lease term and how many miles per year?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• cookchristian3cookchristian3 Member Posts: 1
    2021 Chevrolet Blazer 2LT 36/12K zip 33612 msrp, residuals, incentives, money factor, and invoice. I'm looking to lease this weekend.

2021 Chevrolet Blazer 2LT 36/12K zip 33612 msrp, residuals, incentives, money factor, and invoice. I'm looking to lease this weekend.

FWD or AWD?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator