Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Immediate purchase out of lease?

SudatoSudato Member Posts: 2
edited November 2019 in Acura
It seems the incentives for leasing an MDX are very aggressive right now, but not as much for finance or cash purchase.

I would like to own a 2020 MDX for as little as possible, and avoid finance charges to the extent it makes sense.

Can I take advantage of dealer incentives by signing a lease with a hefty price discount, but then immediately pay off the lease and keep the car? Would I effectively own the car at the net cap cost? Or instead would my payoff amount include all finance charges? (based on .00215 factor, that’s like $6-7k over the 36mo lease)

Any help from somebody with appropriate knowledge is greatly appreciated!!

Answers

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,228
    Sudato said:

It seems the incentives for leasing an MDX are very aggressive right now, but not as much for finance or cash purchase.

I would like to own a 2020 MDX for as little as possible, and avoid finance charges to the extent it makes sense.

Can I take advantage of dealer incentives by signing a lease with a hefty price discount, but then immediately pay off the lease and keep the car? Would I effectively own the car at the net cap cost? Or instead would my payoff amount include all finance charges? (based on .00215 factor, that’s like $6-7k over the 36mo lease)

Any help from somebody with appropriate knowledge is greatly appreciated!!

Yes, you can buy it out... though immediately might be a stretch.

The lease will need time to process, and the bank will need to receive the title. Expect to make two or three payments, before you are able to buy the vehicle.

No, you won't owe future finance charges.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    KaHoKaHo Member Posts: 3
    I am in the same boat. Please let me know what you did. I would like to know what to do to get least cap cost for tech awd 2020
  • Options
    SudatoSudato Member Posts: 2
    KaHo said:

I am in the same boat. Please let me know what you did. I would like to know what to do to get least cap cost for tech awd 2020

I did lease the MDX and capture the incentives. My account shows that I owe only the remaining residual, and I plan to pay it off soon.

Good luck!