Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Help me Understand!

MNMarkMNMark Member Posts: 10
edited December 2019 in Ram
Just looking for background information on residual value, Money factor and incentives. Want to understand better to give myself best chance at deal.

Looks like RV, and MF can differ from state to state, but does it also differ from city to city within the same state? Could 2 dealerships within range of one another have different results?

What goes into the manufacturer setting those figures? Could a metropolitan dealership get different numbers than a dealership in the country due to the difference in population?

What makes some states have higher residual and lower MF than other states? Are there ways to find out which state or area would have the better figures?

Does features and packages affect the MF, RV? (ex. night package or safety package)

Lastly would incentives differ like RV and MF? OR are Incentives all the same nationally?

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,102
    MNMark said:

Just looking for background information on residual value, Money factor and incentives. Want to understand better to give myself best chance at deal.

Looks like RV, and MF can differ from state to state, but does it also differ from city to city within the same state? Could 2 dealerships within range of one another have different results?

What goes into the manufacturer setting those figures? Could a metropolitan dealership get different numbers than a dealership in the country due to the difference in population?

What makes some states have higher residual and lower MF than other states? Are there ways to find out which state or area would have the better figures?

Does features and packages affect the MF, RV? (ex. night package or safety package)

Lastly would incentives differ like RV and MF? OR are Incentives all the same nationally?

For Chrysler Capital, residual only varies by trim, term and mileage allowance. Not by location.
    Presently, money factor also does not vary by location, just the other terms.

Incentives also vary by location.

Packages do not affect the numbers.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• MNMarkMNMark Member Posts: 10
    kyfdx said:

MNMark said:

For Chrysler Capital, residual only varies by trim, term and mileage allowance. Not by location.

So does that mean no matter what part of the country im in. I can get a Ram for the same RV and MF as long as i keep the trim the same?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,102
    MNMark said:

kyfdx said:

MNMark said:

So does that mean no matter what part of the country im in. I can get a Ram for the same RV and MF as long as i keep the trim the same?
    Trim, term and mileage.... yes

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator