Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

VW GTI Lease deals

gtiguy83gtiguy83 Member Posts: 4
edited December 2019 in Volkswagen
Good morning,

I'll be looking to lease a 2019 GTI-S before the month is out in Maryland, zip code 21234. I'd like to know what the RV and the MF is for this model. I went the dealership in person and negotiated a purchase price of $23,100 then requested a lease quote. The dealer wanted to increase the price because I wanted a lease and gave me a MF of 3.10 and RV of 48%, both of which doesn't seem correct. Could I get a confirmation on this?
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,185
    gtiguy83 said:

Good morning,

I'll be looking to lease a 2019 GTI-S before the month is out in Maryland, zip code 21234. I'd like to know what the RV and the MF is for this model. I went the dealership in person and negotiated a purchase price of $23,100 then requested a lease quote. The dealer wanted to increase the price because I wanted a lease and gave me a MF of 3.10 and RV of 48%, both of which doesn't seem correct. Could I get a confirmation on this?

36/15
    .00039 MF and 48% residual

You'll have to ask them to clarify the money factor, because 3.10 is not it.

The dealer gets a $1000-$2500 incentive, dependent on the finance program, so the purchase price will definitely be different from the sale price on a lease

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    gtiguy83gtiguy83 Member Posts: 4
    What would be a realistic price to negotiate for a lease? Kbb says that $23,100 is considered a "great deal" I spent about 15 minutes yesterday negotiating and walking out for the sales manager followed me outside a accept that price. After, I requested a lease quote and they tacked on $675 for an "acquisition fee" They said they can't waive that fee. I walked out.
  • Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,305
    gtiguy83 said:

What would be a realistic price to negotiate for a lease? Kbb says that $23,100 is considered a "great deal" I spent about 15 minutes yesterday negotiating and walking out for the sales manager followed me outside a accept that price. After, I requested a lease quote and they tacked on $675 for an "acquisition fee" They said they can't waive that fee. I walked out.

The acquisition fee is mandatory, and is imposed by the bank you are leasing from.

Perhaps a bit of research on what to expect when you're leasing is in order:
    https://www.edmunds.com/car-leasing/

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4