Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2019 Forester Electrical Issues.

MukluksMukluks Member Posts: 5
edited December 2019 in Subaru
This vehicle is a certified pre-owned 2019 Forester with approx 5000 miles on it that was purchased on 12/2/19. It was actually purchased by a family member planning to keep the vehicle and give me their old vehicle and then they decided to give the new one to me. Car seemed to work just fine until.... On Wednesday, 12/11 while driving home from work the check engine light went on and a light on the dash associated with the "Sport Drive" feature of the vehicle started flashing. Per the owners manual "If any of the SI-Drive indicators blink, the SI-Drive system may be malfunctioning. Contact your Subaru dealer." It was towed to the Subaru dealership and I am awaiting a verdict. Apparently 2019 Foresters are plagued with numerous electrical problems (had I known this I would have advised against purchase of this vehicle). We were offered a extended warranty on the electrical system which we declined at the time (looking back should have take that).

https://www.lemberglaw.com/2019-subaru-forester-problems-complaints-lemon/

I am not sure if I should try to purchase the extended warranty on the electrical system.
Return the vehicle to the dealership and get a 2019 outback (I'll have to pay the difference which I think would be $5000 or so)
Drive it and then get rid of it before it goes out of warranty?

Look forward to feedback on this situation.
Thank you!

Comments

• Options
    MukluksMukluks Member Posts: 5
    Update. Per the subaru dealership the issue was that the seal on the gas cap was defective. So it was replaced. However, I still have concerns about potential electrical problems with this vehicle.
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,185
    Mukluks said:

Update. Per the subaru dealership the issue was that the seal on the gas cap was defective. So it was replaced. However, I still have concerns about potential electrical problems with this vehicle.

A single check-engine light? Enjoy your nearly new car.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator