Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Bought 2020 Acura MDX SH-AWD base, question about warranty

MaDameX20MaDameX20 Member Posts: 2
edited December 2019 in Acura
Just brought home a 2020 Acura MDX SH-AWD base model. Added: remote start, roof rails, cross bars and protection pac (all weather mats, cargo tray and wheel locks). I did some preliminary email shopping and narrowed down to two dealerships. After some back and forth, went with the first dealership. I paid a little over $36,100 out the door (including tax, tags and fees), but added an extended warranty package. I believe I got a great price for the SUV, but not so sure about the warranty...Mechanical failure: $2,828 for 6 yrs/120K, Road Hazard tire and Wheel: $1,053 for 60 mo; dent Protection: $769; Resistall: $734 --> Total: $5,384+tax

I see that I can buy an "American Honda factory-backed warranty" for 6yrs/120,000mi for $1,555 from www.curryacuracare.com...has anyone bought a warranty from them before? Is it the same as buying an Acura Extended warranty through the dealership?

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,068
    edited December 2019
    MaDameX20 said:

Just brought home a 2020 Acura MDX SH-AWD base model. Added: remote start, roof rails, cross bars and protection pac (all weather mats, cargo tray and wheel locks). I did some preliminary email shopping and narrowed down to two dealerships. After some back and forth, went with the first dealership. I paid a little over $36,100 out the door (including tax, tags and fees), but added an extended warranty package. I believe I got a great price for the SUV, but not so sure about the warranty...Mechanical failure: $2,828 for 6 yrs/120K, Road Hazard tire and Wheel: $1,053 for 60 mo; dent Protection: $769; Resistall: $734 --> Total: $5,384+tax

I see that I can buy an "American Honda factory-backed warranty" for 6yrs/120,000mi for $1,555 from www.curryacuracare.com...has anyone bought a warranty from them before? Is it the same as buying an Acura Extended warranty through the dealership?

Yes, it's the same warranty from Curry.

Frankly, $5384 for extras is a little ridiculous. Put the $5384 in a savings account, and use as needed. You can see already how they marked up the price on the warranty vs. what Curry charges.

But, if the deal is done, you may have a problem. If the warranty your dealer sold you is the same one that Curry offers, once you cancel that warranty, you can't re-purchase it. (from anyone)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• MaDameX20MaDameX20 Member Posts: 2
    Thank you for your response. I read the contract that said I could cancel it, however, I didn't see anything about not being able to repurchase it. My warranty is through Fidelity Warranty Services. I will reach out to Curry and see what they say.
    MaDameX20 said:

Thank you for your response. I read the contract that said I could cancel it, however, I didn't see anything about not being able to repurchase it. My warranty is through Fidelity Warranty Services. I will reach out to Curry and see what they say.

Then that wouldn't apply. Curry only sells genuine Honda/Acura warranties

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• skarfaceskarface Member Posts: 67
    MaDameX20 said:

What was your tax rate? That looks like a great deal minus all the extras.
  • vicks23vicks23 Member Posts: 5
    Can you pls. breakdown on the price how you got the deal. I am getting 10K off on the Base AWS package so it is coming out to 39K +change out of door.
  • vicks23vicks23 Member Posts: 5
    edited February 2020
    got the car 37 k out of door for base Red Acura FWD. Does Acura comes with any free oil change as this dealer did not give any?
    vicks23 said:

got the car 37 k out of door for base Red Acura FWD. Does Acura comes with any free oil change as this dealer did not give any?

No, maintenance is not included on an Acura lease.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator