Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Civic Sedan EX Lease (2019 model)

imbesrsimbesrs Member Posts: 6
edited January 2020 in Honda
Hi all looking to lease a 2019 Civic Sedan EX. We are new to leasing but looking to of course get the best deal we can.

Zip 14586

MSRP: 24430
Value/Sale price: 21,852
Net Price w/ Tax Fees: 23,256.97

$500 down using College Grad Honda Deal. No out of pocket cash down.
36mo/12k miles. $295 per month
MF: .0007(1.68%) RV: 57% (13,925)

We were originally looking to buy but my family and I have found leasing to be more enticing. I also have OTD purchase price at a different dealership for 22,970 (21,500 before tax/dmv fees/college grad reduction). Using this sell price would result in a better lease price, but realistically how much wiggle room do I have? Again very new to leasing!

Thank you

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,046
    imbesrs said:

Hi all looking to lease a 2019 Civic Sedan EX. We are new to leasing but looking to of course get the best deal we can.

Zip 14586

MSRP: 24430
    Value/Sale price: 21,852
    Net Price w/ Tax Fees: 23,256.97

$500 down using College Grad Honda Deal. No out of pocket cash down.
    36mo/12k miles. $295 per month
    MF: .0007(1.68%) RV: 57% (13,925)

We were originally looking to buy but my family and I have found leasing to be more enticing. I also have OTD purchase price at a different dealership for 22,970 (21,500 before tax/dmv fees/college grad reduction). Using this sell price would result in a better lease price, but realistically how much wiggle room do I have? Again very new to leasing!

Thank you

.00070 MF and 57% residual
    $600 incentive

That appears to be very reasonable.
    NY sales tax is a little weird. You could save a little money overall, by paying your taxes and DMV fees upfront, along with the first payment.

About $1400 or so, upfront. Might knock $100 in total cost off your deal.

Nothing wrong with the deal. I can't tell you if you can get a lower price, though.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• imbesrsimbesrs Member Posts: 6
    Thank you so much for your response. Its good to hear that i am on track for a reasonable deal! That 500 down from the college grad deal will cover the fees because it applies to the cap cost of the vehicle. (I think-- still learning these terms lol)
    Also by chance, where did you find the $600 incentive? Is it internal (like you got people on the low) or off the honda website? I couldn't find anything mentioning it.
    imbesrs said:

Also by chance, where did you find the $600 incentive? Is it internal (like you got people on the low) or off the honda website? I couldn't find anything mentioning it.

It is a Honda to dealer incentive.. part of any discount they offer you.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

edited January 2020
    Ok thank you. Last question: does this apply to vehicle cost or the final cap cost? Thanks!
    Just wanted to update. Deal sealed.

265/month. 0 down, first month DAS. Also got all season mats thrown in. Very happy with all the help from here, leasehackr, and other sites to know if my pricepoint is good. Cheers everyone
    imbesrs said:

Ok thank you. Last question: does this apply to vehicle cost or the final cap cost? Thanks!

The money isn't applied anywhere. Honda gives the money to the dealer. Hopefully, you use your knowledge of it, to negotiate a low selling price.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

imbesrs said:

Just wanted to update. Deal sealed.

265/month. 0 down, first month DAS. Also got all season mats thrown in. Very happy with all the help from here, leasehackr, and other sites to know if my pricepoint is good. Cheers everyone

Congrats! Never heard of those other sites.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator