Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Jeep Compass Among Chrysler Vehicles Recalled for Stall Risk | Edmunds.com

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited October 2014 in Jeep
image2014 Jeep Compass Among Chrysler Vehicles Recalled for Stall Risk | Edmunds.com

Chrysler is recalling an estimated 522 vehicles, including the 2014 Jeep Compass and Patriot, 2013 Dodge Avenger and Chrysler 200 equipped with 2.4-liter engines for a potential loss of engine oil pressure that could lead to an engine stall or engine failure.

Read the full story here

Comments

• annettenjuniorannettenjunior Member Posts: 1
    If it could cause the engine to stall and possibly cause a wreck, why are they waiting until December? I have a 2014 Jeep Compass, and I personally think they should go ahead and fix this problem before it does stall and make me have a wreck.
  • austinsmomaustinsmom Member Posts: 1
    I have the chrysler 200 2015 and my engine was stalling while i was driving down road.I had to pull over on side of road and put it in park and then back in drive before i could drive it again.It just about caused me to have a wreck in between 2 semi.
  • kenogirlkenogirl Member Posts: 1
    what i dont understand is how jeep can sell me 2014 compass and not even tell me about the recall since the recall happened in late 2013 and i bout my compass in sept 2014. I believe full disclosure is the law
  • SkipBSkipB Member Posts: 1
    1C4NJCBA9ED515458 I need information on this vehicle as I believe it has the issue. My email is Baileyrb2@gmail.com
  • Rebecca0822Rebecca0822 Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2019
    My 2010 jeep patriot does it why is it not recalled?
  • Zip1955Zip1955 Member Posts: 1
    My Jeep Compass 2014 does this and was not part of the recall. SOUTH HILL CHRYSLER JEEP DENIES THIS IS A RECALL ISSUE. PITTSBURGH PA.
  • BeastThaKingBeastThaKing Member Posts: 1
    This is happening right now to my 2014 Jeep Compass, I was at a dealership looking for something new, they had their service department take a look at it to see what's wrong. All he did was pull the codes and look them up, and instantly seen that it could be due to the recall and told me where the nearest dodge dealership is so I could take it in to get it fixed. I get to the dodge dealership let them know what just happened, what I was told, and what he did to find it out. Instantly within seconds of me telling the guy, without him even turning around to look at me, he said that he cant go off their word and that recall wouldn't apply to my 2014 jeep compass, that has the 2.4 liter engine, that literally had a huge loss of power while I was driving it, it went from 65 mph to 20 mph in a matter of seconds while on a one lane highway during the busy time of the day, and has the oil pressure warning blinking right on the dash. I can turn the car on and off but when I let off the brake the car will move about 10 mph and when I push the gas it doesn't do anything but it will eventually get up to 20. But the dodge dealership is still denying that the recall could be the problem. Would be nice if they just look into it so I can have my car so I dont get fired for this BS because I am already in a pretty bad spot and losing my job will cause my whole life to crumble apart. And, I work too far to uber to and from work daily, would be $25 there and $25 back, a day.
    Is there a way I can call someone to make them look into the recall?