Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chronic Car Buyers Anonymous

Comments

• jmonroejmonroe Member Posts: 8,989
    stickguy said:

Poor Houdini. Chiefs playing a classic Andy Reed choke in a big game, game.

Looking ugly.

Not over yet but late mistakes can be killers.

jmonroe

'15 Genesis V8 with Ultimate Package and '18 Legacy Limited 6 cyl

• stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,538
    It's over. I can smell it from here.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,314
    edited February 2020
    @stickguy,
    You have to start with the right numbers. A new one is going to cost a lot more than 50k.
    A new Limited start at 67.5 and has few incentives.

You need to take another deep sniff. :p
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
    yeah, the nose went off line a little bit early tonight. Oops.

KC really likes to fall way behind then roar back.

I had no clue that an F150 was pushing 70 large. I just went with what the other poster said, that it likely sold new (or the comparable current one) for 50 after the usual big incentives.

• 28firefighter28firefighter Member Posts: 9,390
    Poetic that Andy Reid didn’t use a single timeout in the second half of his first Super Bowl win. I’m happy and bitter at the same time.
    2022 Tesla Model Y Performance, 2018 BMW M240i Convertible, 2015 Audi Q5 TDI
    Congrats @houdini1, have one for me. I ran out 20 minutes ago.

jmonroe

• oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,660
    edited February 2020

@stickguy,
    Have you seen the price of a new one?
    Plus, it's a truck.

Even 10 yo hoopties are going for 10 grand. Crazy prices.

https://jerseyshore.craigslist.org/cto/d/asbury-park-2010-ford-150/7058425907.html

Say, that was a nice come back by KC.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,918

Poetic that Andy Reid didn’t use a single timeout in the second half of his first Super Bowl win. I’m happy and bitter at the same time.

I thought the exact same thing. I was happy for him. He led a lot of great years here in Philly.

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

• xwesxxwesx Member Posts: 16,793
    tjc78 said:

Love the garage... who can identify the red seat?

Looks like an old Caravan third row to me.
    2018 Subaru Crosstrek, 2014 Audi Q7 TDI, 2013 Subaru Forester, 1969 Chevrolet C20, 1969 Ford Econoline 100, 1976 Ford F250
    Yes, exactly. Early 90s. Those things were a PITA!

• Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,971
    Out of curiosity, went to put some petrol in earlier. Used only 2.4 gallons last wee k which is super low for me. Guessing these quick trips under 10 minutes I've been making are pure hell on the mpg's. Am usually home at night within 8 minutes and maybe taking me 6 to get there in the a m. And besides one side trip to the supermarket and drug store, been coming right home after work most nights.
    Car's looking quite dirty since I ad the tires rotated last week so will go on up to get it washed later on tonight. I've been getting the "buy 4, get 6 washes" just for the exterior, so go whenever it gets real dirty. For $21.99/month, can go daily if I want, even twice daily if so desire but, haven't ponied up for that one yet. Luckily it's right up the street from work, and they close at 8, so can go at 7 and have plenty of time. They also have a free vacuum area so makes it super easy for me.
    Loving my Mondays off and think this Thursday will be the last one, which is fine with me. Will set up my new 401K account later, actually it's my first one! Hertz gave us no benefits so it's nice that Enterprise does this. And after my first year, the profit sharing will kick in. So glad I decided to jump ship! My old co-worker texted me to come back this morning and I told him, well...no thanks!

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

Set up our free Echo Dot today and it's pretty cool! My kid uses theirs to turn on lights and music but we're not quite there yet. I do like the turning on lighting part and will look into that once we get more comfortable with "Alexa". Love it already while the wife is still a bit reticent.

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,940

Set up our free Echo Dot today and it's pretty cool! My kid uses theirs to turn on lights and music but we're not quite there yet. I do like the turning on lighting part and will look into that once we get more comfortable with "Alexa". Love it already while the wife is still a bit reticent.

I have gotten to the point where we have one in nearly every room plus garage. Great for playing music throughout the house and as an intercom. Only extras thus far is that it connects to my Nest thermostats, so I can speak the temp I want, and I have 3 smart outlets to control one light and my sons’ video game systems. My dad had his set up to change the TV channels. I have no idea how.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

My BIL has his entire house connected through Alexa - cameras, almost every light, audio, TV etc. Too much control for my taste...
  • corvettecorvette Member Posts: 10,265
    Too much potential for spying.

For $21.99/month, can go daily if I want, even twice daily if so desire but, haven't ponied up for that one yet.

Wow/ seriously?! I would be all over that. It costs me that much just for a single wash. :(
    2018 Subaru Crosstrek, 2014 Audi Q7 TDI, 2013 Subaru Forester, 1969 Chevrolet C20, 1969 Ford Econoline 100, 1976 Ford F250
    edited February 2020
    qbrozen said:

I have gotten to the point where we have one in nearly every room plus garage. Great for playing music throughout the house and as an intercom. Only extras thus far is that it connects to my Nest thermostats, so I can speak the temp I want, and I have 3 smart outlets to control one light and my sons’ video game systems. My dad had his set up to change the TV channels. I have no idea how.
    I was an early adopter of the Echo, back when they were beta-testing it. I brought it home, installed, and was using it for about a half an hour before my wife told me that I could get rid of it, or she would.... Sent it back and haven't played with the tech since. LOL
  • pensfan83pensfan83 Member Posts: 2,555
    We use our Dots for music, intercom, timers, weather, etc. If/when we replace the thermostat we'll get one that's compatible but that's the extent of how connected we'll get.
    1997 Honda Prelude Base - 2022 Acura MDX Type S Advance - 2021 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road - 2006 BMW 330Ci ZHP
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,232
    corvette said:

Too much potential for spying.

Yep. We have a few Nest cameras to keep track of things both inside and outside the house, and a Nest thermostate, but no Echo / Dot type items to talk to directly.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• graphicguygraphicguy Member Posts: 13,665
    tjc78 said:

Love the garage... who can identify the red seat?

Looks like an ‘80s GM back seat.
    2023 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring
    My kid has Alexa to connect to lights and their Ring device, syncs very easily from what she says. Right now, we're newbies here and will go slowly ramping up. The light thing could be cool down the road a bit. Gotta walk before ya can run I'm guessing here!!

• ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,090
    I don’t know if this commercial aired in the USA or just here in Canada. Funny take on our connected devices.

https://youtu.be/oymMa3yDgoE

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

You know frankly, I was making chili and had the stereo on, while glancing at the game every once in a while on the TV. My guests didn’t seem to care. Cute commercial, though!
    that was a funny ad

that was great.

Speaking of SP ads, the Groundhog Day Gladiator one was my fave. Longest version I have seen so far is near 2 mins.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

The ad for the Porsche Taycan didn't air here in Canada but on Saturday I watched a 20 minute film on Prime Video about the making of the ad at the Porsche museum and other Stuttgart landmarks. Pretty interesting but I suspect most people would just be able to ID those cars as Porsches and not be able to differentiate much noteworthy between them except for the 917.

qbrozen said:

that was great.

Speaking of SP ads, the Groundhog Day Gladiator one was my fave. Longest version I have seen so far is near 2 mins.

Agree - 100%. I read an article that said they basically let Bill Murray improvise all of his lines, so there is lots of stuff they're putting online that they couldn't fit into the Superbowl spot.
    ab348 said:

The ad for the Porsche Taycan didn't air here in Canada but on Saturday I watched a 20 minute film on Prime Video about the making of the ad at the Porsche museum and other Stuttgart landmarks. Pretty interesting but I suspect most people would just be able to ID those cars as Porsches and not be able to differentiate much noteworthy between them except for the 917.

Count me as one of those. They were flashing by way too fast for me to focus on any of them.

I somehow missed the Murray commercial. I ended up falling asleep at some point during the second quarter and didn't wake up until some way into halftime. At that point, I went and served up ice cream, as nobody wanted to watch that horrid "show" they offered up during the game break.
    xwesx said:

I somehow missed the Murray commercial. I ended up falling asleep at some point during the second quarter and didn't wake up until some way into halftime. At that point, I went and served up ice cream, as nobody wanted to watch that horrid "show" they offered up during the game break.

I didn't watch the halftime show either and haven't watched it for I don't know how long. I'm also tired of all the pre-game jabbering too. Even a football fan like me can only take so much of that. So, you may ask what did I do during halftime? Watched a black and white episode of Perry Mason that I had on my DVR.

jmonroe

Picked up 8 Chevy Suburbans tonight used by the Secret Service for the game Sunday. There were still more Suburbans and Ford Expeditions to move, all black. Guess we'll be busy tomorrow. Did another trip up to Ft. Pierce today before lunch. Then some West Palm to Ft. Lauderdale stuff and then the Suburban moves back to our home base, "99". Evey location has a number but I can't do numbers, my brain is to saturated. So after saying, "hand me the keys", I always say, "and where am I going"? Only two things I ever need to know for each trip honestly. But please, give me a street address as a number means nothing to me, except I know "99" and that's a no brainer for me.
    Working tomorrow but Thursday is anyones guess at this point but, if I were a betting man, I'd go with working.

• ventureventure Member Posts: 2,874

My kid has Alexa to connect to lights and their Ring device, syncs very easily from what she says. Right now, we're newbies here and will go slowly ramping up. The light thing could be cool down the road a bit. Gotta walk before ya can run I'm guessing here!!

I like to say, "Alexa. What's happening"? It usually gives a news story and weather. One time, at the end, it said, "That is all". :smile:

2020 Ascent Limited, 2024 Subaru Legacy Sport

Evey location has a number but I can't do numbers,

At my former job every store location had a number. Most of us senior employees could name the store city by it's number.

• nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,425

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

definitely not in Connecticut any longer Toto!

• oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,660

Picked up 8 Chevy Suburbans tonight used by the Secret Service for the game Sunday. There were still more Suburbans and Ford Expeditions to move, all black. Guess we'll be busy tomorrow. Did another trip up to Ft. Pierce today before lunch. Then some West Palm to Ft. Lauderdale stuff and then the Suburban moves back to our home base, "99". Evey location has a number but I can't do numbers, my brain is to saturated. So after saying, "hand me the keys", I always say, "and where am I going"? Only two things I ever need to know for each trip honestly. But please, give me a street address as a number means nothing to me, except I know "99" and that's a no brainer for me.
    Working tomorrow but Thursday is anyones guess at this point but, if I were a betting man, I'd go with working.

I wish we had numbers. Our offices are mostly two letter designations which are harder to remember. Our home base is BC but for the rest I carry a sheet. Strangely, one office in Troy, NY is designated 36.

I’ve learned not to think too much on why things are done.

Did you find anything interesting in those Secret Service rentals? A bullet proof vest or a bazooka maybe?

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

So @nyccarguy , what are you doing in San Diego?

xwesx said:

At that point, I went and served up ice cream, as nobody wanted to watch that horrid "show" they offered up during the game break.

The halftime extravaganza was like a Vegas floor show put on by the world's biggest strip club.

I wish we had numbers. Our offices are mostly two letter designations which are harder to remember. Our home base is BC but for the rest I carry a sheet. Strangely, one office in Troy, NY is designated 36.

Did you find anything interesting in those Secret Service rentals? A bullet proof vest or a bazooka maybe?
    Most retail stores use numbers. It's just easier that way for loads of reasons.

Funny story. We had a location #17 for many years. We decided to open a second location in the same city but way across town. Next location # up to use was 179. We made it 180 because we concerned the WHS could too easily get the two locations confused.

Got to be in Chicago next week for work. Guess what’s going on there? Their car show. I’ll do a compare and contrast to the one in Cincinnati this weekend. I’m sure there will be no comparison.
  • corvettecorvette Member Posts: 10,265
    @graphicguy I LOVE Chicago. Check out the Art Institute if you have time. The Field Museum is also pretty good. The Museum of Broadcast Communications is neat, too.
    Philly car show opens this Saturday. I’m super excited. Not going until the 2nd weekend though.

I'm excited, too, @stickguy. I get in Friday morning.
    corvette said:

@graphicguy I LOVE Chicago. Check out the Art Institute if you have time. The Field Museum is also pretty good. The Museum of Broadcast Communications is neat, too.

Chicago is one of my favorite cities. Have been to Shedd, Science and Industry, History, Modern Art, Adler (planetarium) museums.

I'm excited, too, @stickguy. I get in Friday morning.

Supposed to be raining. You will feel right at home!

ab348 said:

So @nyccarguy , what are you doing in San Diego?

I had to go for work. A buying group I am a member of has a convention once a year. This year they picked San Diego. I didn't sleep through the night since Friday. It felt so good to come home and sleep in my own bed.

• ventureventure Member Posts: 2,874

"I’ve learned not to think too much on why things are done."

Words to live by.

2020 Ascent Limited, 2024 Subaru Legacy Sport