Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Steering column buttons wont work

countrygal057countrygal057 Member Posts: 2
edited February 2020 in Chevrolet
Power steering Went out garage replaced steering column picked vehicle up now I have messages that say service IRC service traction my son-in-law cleared them with his machine but they won't go away and none of the buttons on my steering column work,

Comments

• countrygal057countrygal057 Member Posts: 2
    SERVICE ESC not IRC
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,046

Power steering Went out garage replaced steering column picked vehicle up now I have messages that say service IRC service traction my son-in-law cleared them with his machine but they won't go away and none of the buttons on my steering column work,

Seems like the garage didn't do a very good job. I'd take it back, and ask them to fix it.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,150
    edited February 2020
    X2

ESC means electronic stability control. That's a finicky system that relies on everything from wheel speed inputs (from the ABS system rings) to yaw sensors that tell the computer which way the car is being pushed by its momentum and which way the car is pointing to steering wheel inputs that tell the computer which way the steering wheel has the front tires pointed and how fast that's changing if at all.

I suspect it's the last item that's not adjusted correctly. Most likely related to replacing the motor and not doing all the settings. I believe one that used to be mentioned was the sensor has to have the steering wheel centered.

All the buttons on the steering wheel connector and a few wires. They're either been disconnected or damaged if none are working.

Good luck. I hope the garage will finish the job for you.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,