Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chronic Car Buyers Anonymous

Comments

• oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,664
    qbrozen said:

qbrozen said:

kyfdx said:

Yeah.. I was just starting to slide into the Corvette demographic, and then they come out with this...

haha. Right there with ya. A used C6 was starting to look good, but now it would just feel like I'm driving straight trash. LOL.
    For looks I’d prefer a C5. They’re getting cheap too. Low teens for some.
    Pop-up headlights should have stayed in the '80s.
    Maybe I should have too because I prefer the C5’s pop ups to those bug eyes on the C6.

Now performance wise I’d have to bow to the C6.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,545
    edited February 2020
    so fixed lights, that makes this a C6? There were a couple generations in there which did not seem to be fully new models. more like running updates.

https://www.royaleasing.com/details-2005-chevrolet-corvette-2dr_coupe-used-1g1yy24u355112380.html

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,922
    qbrozen said:

qbrozen said:

kyfdx said:

Yeah.. I was just starting to slide into the Corvette demographic, and then they come out with this...

haha. Right there with ya. A used C6 was starting to look good, but now it would just feel like I'm driving straight trash. LOL.
    Lots of things should have stayed in the 80s. At least the music was good!

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

stickguy said:

so fixed lights, that makes this a C6? There were a couple generations in there which did not seem to be fully new models. more like running updates.

https://www.royaleasing.com/details-2005-chevrolet-corvette-2dr_coupe-used-1g1yy24u355112380.html

Now, come on, tell me that’s not a goofy looking grin.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

it has the right number of pedals to row your own. So I can overlook it.

• explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,317
    @breld,
    How about the tires,were any damaged? They are only going to replace the damaged one, but might need all if they are worn, assuming it's AWD.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • breldbreld Member Posts: 6,710

@breld,
    How about the tires,were any damaged? They are only going to replace the damaged one, but might need all if they are worn, assuming it's AWD.

Good point. I don't think any tires were damaged, but I'll make sure.

2024 Audi Q8 e-tron - 2024 Corvette - 2024 BMW X5 - 2023 Tesla Model Y

• qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,941
    stickguy said:

Yes, 2005 started the c6 gen.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

stickguy said:

Now, come on, tell me that’s not a goofy looking grin.

I don’t like the body colored backgrounds on certain colors, such as that yellow, but it is easily fixed.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,971
    My accident in 2018 had the adjuster going back and forth on totaling it. I had already stated new car shopping and then she decided to fix it all, for over $8.3K plus the rental. Seemed stupid to me but, I had no say in the matter. All in all, the repair work looks first rate and they blended the paint beautifully. Ended up getting a brand new rear drivers door and they used the interior pieces, so looks identical to what it was.
    I also filed a diminished value claim and got $2K from the other guys insurance, so after paying the attorney and the CarFax fee, got a check for $1351.01. Had asked for $2.5K but settled on $2K and that was that.
    Car still looks great and a few folks at the new job have complimented me on how good it always looks! So, it's still in the stable for the time being.

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

Fell in love today! Drove a 2018 X3 with just over 26K on it. Kept in in "Comfort" mode until the last few minutes, then tried "Sport" mode. It was OUTSTANDING, a real rush to be honest! I get it now. have only driven a couple of 328i's many years ago which led me to my current Golf. But now I get it, I totally get it! Gonna have to test drive a 328i before I buy or lease anything and see if it's just as good as the X3. Is the X1 similar in driving dynamics? Maybe, I should be looking to get an X1 and call it a day. Very confused now as today was a real game changer for me. I fell in love with a hunk of metal!!!
    So, since the new Mini Cooper Countryman is an X1 underneath, can one assume it drives like its more expensive cousin or is it just better to get the X1 instead? Maybe even a demo could fit the bill to. Up to now, have never seriously considered a BMW in my search but after today, can't see why I can't add it to my short list and see where this all leads me. Have been thrown a curve ball today...and never even saw it coming!

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• sdasda Member Posts: 6,984
    breld said:

The collision center finally got back to us on the estimate to repair the MDX after my son’s encounter with a light pole.

A bit over $9k.

2012 MDX with 125k mikes. I’m surprised it’s not totaled. Apparently it’s at 85% of that threshold.

Now, the car shopping side of me would like it totaled and then go shopping. But reality is we’d end up spending thousands more for a replacement. And since this is between my ex and I, she’s happy to have the MDX repaired.

I don’t disagree that may be the better outcome, but am I missing anything to where the insurance co is “getting away” with something and we should push for a total?

Have them repair it with OEM parts. If one one of the headlights has to be replaced and if the other one has started to yellow or cloud, make sure they polish it out, otherwise it will look bad. My in-laws has a minor bump up that only required the headlight to be replaced and the difference between the two was glaring. Like a good egg, I polished the other one out to minimize the difference.

2018 VW Passat SE w/tech, 2016 Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/tech, 2006 Acura TL w/nav

My one rear alloy on the drivers side was bent but they had a company come in and basically make it look like brand new. And I've got those 15 spoke 17" rims from a Jetta SEL on my Golf. Think I mentioned that they put 16" rims/tires on the Golf when I bought it and after like 3 weeks, the mistake was discovered. Unhappily, they gave me 5 minutes to decide between 2 different 17" alloy wheels from a couple of Jetta's they had pulled up outside. They parked them next to each other and said, "pick one set, we'll give you 5 minutes" and that's what I did. Every so often I wish I'd gone with the other set but then, I always come back to the ones I finally did choose. But, it was a stressful 5 minutes to be honest because each set would've made it look a little different.
    I liked both sets the same but since I could only choose on, that's what I did.

the x1 is pretty similar, but from what I remember a little stiffer and noisier than an X3. But, also shorter! an X3 and 330 are not likely to fit in your side of the garage too well. X1 could.

probably best $ wise to go with a service loaner program car. save a lot of money that way.

• roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,358
    The current X3 is a much nicer drive than the previous version. The M40i is especially nice.

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

Fell in love today! Drove a 2018 X3 with just over 26K on it. Kept in in "Comfort" mode until the last few minutes, then tried "Sport" mode. It was OUTSTANDING, a real rush to be honest! I get it now. have only driven a couple of 328i's many years ago which led me to my current Golf. But now I get it, I totally get it! Gonna have to test drive a 328i before I buy or lease anything and see if it's just as good as the X3. Is the X1 similar in driving dynamics? Maybe, I should be looking to get an X1 and call it a day. Very confused now as today was a real game changer for me. I fell in love with a hunk of metal!!!
    So, since the new Mini Cooper Countryman is an X1 underneath, can one assume it drives like its more expensive cousin or is it just better to get the X1 instead? Maybe even a demo could fit the bill to. Up to now, have never seriously considered a BMW in my search but after today, can't see why I can't add it to my short list and see where this all leads me. Have been thrown a curve ball today...and never even saw it coming!

I'm going to suggest trying an X2, as well. A bit closer to your Golf in size. I can't exactly say why, but the X2 vs X1 comparison for us was just no contest. While we would have liked the space of the X1, we just didn't like the drive, while we felt immediately at home inside the X2. It was one of those times were you get into a car and immediately think "oh yeah, this is it." To be fair, the X1 we drove was a little older and not well equipped, though.

• graphicguygraphicguy Member Posts: 13,665
    kyfdx said:

kyfdx said:

Cincinnati auto show

Where was this? I didn’t see it.
    In the middle... Facing left, as you went down the floor from the entrance.

I didn't see it on my first lap around.
    Darn it. I missed it. Then again, I saw all the pickups and sort of breezed through that area.
    2023 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring
    breld said:

corvette said:

@venture , I read that to mean that it’s at 85% of whatever repair figure would require that they total it, not that $9k repairs are 85% of the current value of the car.

I believe this is correct. Back of the napkin calcs suggest the "threshold" for totaling it is around $11k, and I imagine retail is $12-13k.

Market is sort of inflated here in CO for SUVs - a comparable MDX is listed for $15k (asking ain't gettin', but still). If it were totaled, I'd probably go the way of a used CR-V or Santa Fe for $15-20k. So the ex and I would be shelling out $5-8k, so the existing MDX, properly repaired, is probably the way to go. A "pre-wrecked" MDX that has been in the family its whole life is a good vehicle for a young driver.
    I agree with you. That said, may as well drive it another 100K miles. You aren’t going to lose much, if any.
  • tifightertifighter Member Posts: 3,604
    @28firefighter LA auto show all day long. It is in November...you know what Seattle is like in November. And it is EV-heavy because of the market; usually a lot of premieres there. Just sayin...

23 Civic Type-R / 22 MDX Type-S / 21 Tesla Y LR / 03 Montero Ltd

• 28firefighter28firefighter Member Posts: 9,392
    I know what Seattle is like in November. And December. And January. And February. And March. And...you get the point.
    2022 Tesla Model Y Performance, 2018 BMW M240i Convertible, 2015 Audi Q5 TDI
    I would just be leaving Seattle if I was still working. There is an event being held there I attended for the last few years.

Last year it was in Scottsdale... that was nice in Feb

• jmonroejmonroe Member Posts: 8,989

I know what Seattle is like in November. And December. And January. And February. And March. And...you get the point.

Sounds just like the Burgh and you know I'm not lieing since you lived here for a while. Got up this morning and there was a bright object in the sky. For a minute I thought I did something wrong. It's not there anymore. Now I feel safe. :o

jmonroe

'15 Genesis V8 with Ultimate Package and '18 Legacy Limited 6 cyl

jmonroe said:

Sounds just like the Burgh and you know I'm not lieing since you lived here for a while. Got up this morning and there was a bright object in the sky. For a minute I thought I did something wrong. It's not there anymore. Now I feel safe. :o

jmonroe
    You sure that light wasn't the lamp Mrs. J was trying to clobber you with?
  • jmonroejmonroe Member Posts: 8,989

jmonroe said:

jmonroe
    You sure that light wasn't the lamp Mrs. J was trying to clobber you with?
    Positive it wasn't. She was still sound asleep when I got up. The thing I saw was waay up in the sky, kinda heaven like. That's why it scared me. By the time Mrs. j got up, it was long gone. She didn't experience that moment of fear like I had.

jmonroe

'15 Genesis V8 with Ultimate Package and '18 Legacy Limited 6 cyl

breld said:

corvette said:

@venture , I read that to mean that it’s at 85% of whatever repair figure would require that they total it, not that $9k repairs are 85% of the current value of the car.

I believe this is correct. Back of the napkin calcs suggest the "threshold" for totaling it is around $11k, and I imagine retail is $12-13k.

Market is sort of inflated here in CO for SUVs - a comparable MDX is listed for $15k (asking ain't gettin', but still). If it were totaled, I'd probably go the way of a used CR-V or Santa Fe for $15-20k. So the ex and I would be shelling out $5-8k, so the existing MDX, properly repaired, is probably the way to go. A "pre-wrecked" MDX that has been in the family its whole life is a good vehicle for a young driver.
    I agree with you. That said, may as well drive it another 100K miles. You aren’t going to lose much, if any.
    What are you saying? Don’t you know where you are? :s

While I normally am a drive it until the wheels fall off kind of guy, at this stage of my life if I truly want a car and it won’t deprive my family in any way I’ll buy it. It’s my reward for being frugal all these years.

breld said:

corvette said:

What are you saying? Don’t you know where you are? :s

While I normally am a drive it until the wheels fall off kind of guy, at this stage of my life if I truly want a car and it won’t deprive my family in any way I’ll buy it. It’s my reward for being frugal all these years.
    that is my theory now too. We deserve to treat ourselves at least once, and for us, getting both kids done with school and on their own (financially at least!) is the time, while we are still working and not trying to retire. so whatever the wife wants, she should get. Me, well, I will probably be cheap instead.

• nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,428
    @breld

I think you hit the nail on the head with your son’s MDX. Get it fixed properly. If they were to total it, it would cost you (& your ex wife) quite a bit of money to find a suitable replacement.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

Went to a local Kia store on my first run this morning. Had a few new Seltos vehicles out front. Killer blue color and they had some LX models and some SX turbo's. Only problem, all of them were AWD! AWD is really not necessary here in South Florida. And they were all locked!! Outside, out front, but locked!! Sales guy came out and we talked a bit. Too early to make any kind of deal and then he asked me my time frame. Wanted to be honest, hate to lie, and said six months. Hands me his card...and walks away. Walks away!! Dope! Why not bring out a key, open it up and show a perspective customer. He sees me mulling over them all, taking pics of them...I'm a customer on a beautiful Wednesday morning looking at your newest model, and you don't open it up.
    We also talked finance and what rates are, but since I'm not buying, today, he let me walk away. Just thought it was dumb. Show me the inside, let me sit in it. He don't know as I might've loved it so, that I could've bought one today. As I told my body who also drove over a sold vehicle to the Kia store, I knew within 5 minutes of driving the Golf that it was going to be mine. He agreed and said happened to him with his Cadillac ATS lease, he knew within a short time period that he was getting one.
    So, it passed the looks test. The 18" alloys were nice and filled out the wheel well nicely, the 17"ers on the LX just didn't do it for me and looked a bit smallish. Has the Bose audio system, a big plus for me. Hoping within a few months, the newness factor will go away and they'll be asking more realistic prices for these. And for G-d's sake, get some models without AWD if you want me to get one of these puppies.
    Qbrozen's idea about trying a MW X2 is really a very good idea to be honest. Size wise, it'll work and maybe not quite as small as the MC Countryman. And trying to get a demo could actually work. All these choices are driving me nuts right now. Just know that I'm almost ready to do something and think first thing, I need to test drive the Seltos and see how I really do like it.

well, if you wanted to sit in one, should have just asked. Salesguys can't win. If they push when you say just looking, they get grief. If they take you at your word, they get grief! But they really aren't mind readers, so I never get too perturbed if they don't read my inner thoughts.

plus, you really weren't a customer. You were just the enterprise guy killing time until your ride arrived!

but I do agree that for something like this, where you live, AWD is silly.

• ventureventure Member Posts: 2,876
    stickguy said:

well, if you wanted to sit in one, should have just asked. Salesguys can't win. If they push when you say just looking, they get grief. If they take you at your word, they get grief! But they really aren't mind readers, so I never get too perturbed if they don't read my inner thoughts.

plus, you really weren't a customer. You were just the enterprise guy killing time until your ride arrived!

Doesn't it rain every day there?

2020 Ascent Limited, 2024 Subaru Legacy Sport

• corvettecorvette Member Posts: 10,265
    Anyone else having the issue where it looks like there is no more mobile site - Chrome on my iPhone is pulling up the desktop site on these forums?
    Yeah there’s an issue. We were discussing on C&C last night.

Guess you're right, but, if it were me, I would've had the keys in my pocket just in case. Would've been a small gesture but could've eventually got a sale. But the store being so far east on Federal Highway, would be a hassle to go there for any service work. But again, just sitting inside one, just to get the lay of the land, could've been pretty cool.
    Figure I'll wait till that other rep gets one in without AWD and then take a spin to see how it drives. But just from what I've seen up close, think it's gonna be hard to turn one down. Especially in that blue color A few inches longer than the Golf, 168.5" vs. 172" isn't really much to speak of so it'll definitely fit on my side.
    Like the SUV look of it to be honest even though the 18" alloys are a bit, busy. Saw the 17" ones and a bit too plain and not even sure if a switch would be possible. But think I'd just keep the 18"ers and live with them. With the amount of drivng I'd be doing, might be awhile until new ones were needed.
    But, was very impressed with the whole package, as was my buddy. Thinking I might've just seen my next automobile!!

if they have an AWD drive that. There is not going to be much difference in normal driving in one of these. It is basically just a FWD car until the front wheels start slipping and some power routes to the back. will be close enough to tell you if it is something that actually floats your boat.

was curious so actually checked it out on the website. Looks like only the S with the non-turbo engine even comes with FWD. So a more basic level of equipment. But no worries about the 18" wheels, since it comes with the 17s.

so looks like if you want some extra goodies or more power, you are getting AWD too.

stickguy said:

I was just the Enterprise guy delivering cars to the Kia store where I eventually bought my Soul. Came back later with my wife to see if she could get into it easily. Salesman probably thought we were strokes because I told him we were still shopping. I came back a week later and bought. If at any time they walked away while I was talking I would have bought elsewhere. A good salesman would have tried to make a non committed customer into a buyer even 6 months down the road. Unless he had a line of other better prospects waiting inside, he blew it.

Why a store would stock AWD models in Florida is puzzling.

stickguy said:

if they have an AWD drive that. There is not going to be much difference in normal driving in one of these. It is basically just a FWD car until the front wheels start slipping and some power routes to the back. will be close enough to tell you if it is something that actually floats your boat.

I was in an AWD Rouge today and you're right. It had a little gauge that showed how much power went to front and rear drive. The entire trip it was 100% on the front wheels.

OF, blame Kia. they only make it in AWD, other than 1 basic trim level.

In time, they're going to get more Seltos's without AWD, these early ones all seem to have it. But in South Florida, don't want or need AWD so why have it? Loses 3 to 4 miles/gallon and totally unnecessary here. And again, my time frame is a bit away any how. But the guy should've come back with keys. It was about 10 am and there were no customers in the showroom, the only folks there were waiting in the service area for their vehicles to be finished. Nice looking dealership but way across town and a bit farther than we usually go to purchase a vehicle. But, for the right vehicle for the right price, I'd drive the 10 miles or so down to Federal Highway, very close to the beach.
    Looked up the inventory of the Kia store right here in town, but their inventory is quite low also. Ramping up all the dealers inventories should take a month or two and again, my purchasing time frame is pretty far out there, unless, I get that same feeling I did when I first test drove my Golf. Really hit me hard that yes, I want this and eventually, I'll have one. I'll know when I'm dead serious when I clean out the whole car, I mean take everything out of it and only keep a 1/2 to a 1/4 amount of petrol in the tank. Went from a Tuesday till the following Thursday until I went in to sign the papers with the VW. And then I drove it home Friday after leaving work about 3 pm.
    Do think if the brand new Golf was out right now, I'd be farther along in this process by now. Once all the contenders are out in the market place, tend to drive them all back to back so as to make sure I'm 100% sure on which model and make. Then, time to sit down and try to make a deal. And then, we just do it!

Insomnia has hit again. It's now 3:52 am and been up since 2:40 or so. Tried to go back in about 3:20 but by 3:35, was up again. Alarm will be going off at 5:20 and the other at 5:23, I plan to never be late again, and bet I'll be tired once 1 pm hits.
    Just hoping that we take some longer trips today, maybe to Vero Beach or Ft. Pierce, so can close my eyes on the way back home. But, since our team is changing a bit, not sure what's going on. As of now, there's only like 3 of us out the original 5 who were hired back in early December. Another guy switched over into our team on Wednesday and one starts next week so we hear. My lead driver would prefer 8 drivers so there'd be a little extra room in the high top Ford Transit vehicle we drive in. When all the seats are filled, is a bit crowded in there to be honest!
    Don't care either way, just want to get out there and drive a bit. I know it's dumb, but do miss getting paid weekly, used to look forward to getting a check in the bank weekly.

stickguy said:

OF, blame Kia. they only make it in AWD, other than 1 basic trim level.

I think a lot of manufacturers do that. Great way to drive customers into buying a lot of other expensive options too. Only offering AWD models might make sense up here in the tundra but in south Florida?

In time, they're going to get more Seltos's without AWD, these early ones all seem to have it. But in South Florida, don't want or need AWD so why have it? Loses 3 to 4 miles/gallon and totally unnecessary here. And again, my time frame is a bit away any how. But the guy should've come back with keys. It was about 10 am and there were no customers in the showroom, the only folks there were waiting in the service area for their vehicles to be finished. Nice looking dealership but way across town and a bit farther than we usually go to purchase a vehicle. But, for the right vehicle for the right price, I'd drive the 10 miles or so down to Federal Highway, very close to the beach.
    Looked up the inventory of the Kia store right here in town, but their inventory is quite low also. Ramping up all the dealers inventories should take a month or two and again, my purchasing time frame is pretty far out there, unless, I get that same feeling I did when I first test drove my Golf. Really hit me hard that yes, I want this and eventually, I'll have one. I'll know when I'm dead serious when I clean out the whole car, I mean take everything out of it and only keep a 1/2 to a 1/4 amount of petrol in the tank. Went from a Tuesday till the following Thursday until I went in to sign the papers with the VW. And then I drove it home Friday after leaving work about 3 pm.
    Do think if the brand new Golf was out right now, I'd be farther along in this process by now. Once all the contenders are out in the market place, tend to drive them all back to back so as to make sure I'm 100% sure on which model and make. Then, time to sit down and try to make a deal. And then, we just do it!

Sandy, you and I are outliers in this crowd. Like you I have to take a while to make my final decision. Most of the others can pull the trigger quick. Like GG jumping on that great Stinger deal. I probably would have hesitated and missed it.

Just don’t get paralysis by analysis.

edited February 2020
    Flew into Pittsburgh yesterday on our way to Cleveland. National executive area had zero SUVs. I asked if they had any on the other lot and the manager brought around a Land Rover Discovery.

It is complete overkill for my purposes on this trip (and life in general) but it was really comfortable and a great drive.
  • coldinohiocoldinohio Member Posts: 170

Flew into Pittsburgh yesterday on our way to Cleveland. National executive area had zero SUVs. I asked if they had any on the other lot and the manager brought around a Land Rover Discovery.

It is complete overkill for my purposes on this trip (and life in General) but it was really comfortable and a great drive.

snow and ice in CLE; be safe
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,100
    Yeah, good timing. Brutally cold.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

kyfdx said:

I have a pending punch.. looks like it will happen on Monday.. :o

Jump into the deep end! Looking forward to hearing about it.

It is complete overkill for my purposes on this trip (and life in General) but it was really comfortable and a great drive.

snow and ice in CLE; be safe
    We made it up safely. It was a pleasure driving somewhere that the roads get treated. The wind kicked up some snow squalls on the OH Turnpike, but we just slowed down and made our way through. People drive for conditions up here, which really helps. Also helps that Sam was sleeping through the worst of it, so I didn't have to play his favorite game - "Daddy? Why?" - while trying to focus.
    tjc78 said:

qbrozen said:

qbrozen said:

kyfdx said:

Lots of things should have stayed in the 80s. At least the music was good!
    Hmmmm....’80s music? I was there when it happened. Not sure I was ever a fan.

https://youtu.be/e-lwb4Pm2M4

Don’t have any idea of the lyrics, either.

Sandy, you and I are outliers in this crowd. Like you I have to take a while to make my final decision. Most of the others can pull the trigger quick. Like GG jumping on that great Stinger deal. I probably would have hesitated and missed it.

Just don’t get paralysis by analysis.
    OF.....right place, right time and all that. Truth told, I was smitten with the Stinger from the time I saw it at the Auto Show in ‘18, and the test drive I did shortly thereafter. So, it had been churning as a possibility for a while.

Once I sort of got it into my mind that the Stinger was going to be similar in performance to the on again/off again TLX Type-S which I had been waiting patiently for, and the pricing, the trigger was easy to pull.

All that said, I also promised myself I didn’t need more than one vehicle since I’m now a true empty-nester. But, here I am. Two nice cars sitting in the garage when I can only drive one at a time.

I suppose there are worse habits I could have.