Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Real-World Trade-In Values

Comments

• Options
    steine13steine13 Member Posts: 2,818
    Duh. Didn't even think of that...it's iffy but might fly...thanks guys!
  • Options
    explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,320
    edited February 2020
    You could probably snap it back into place with something 'L' shaped(small Allen wrench?
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • Options
    tifightertifighter Member Posts: 3,606
    Well, all this action on the CCBA side made me look at the trade in values for the X for fun, and some of the numbers I'm seeing from KBB and NADA are silly. And Carvana won't even give a value at all. I found one used one on the west coast, with an asking price that was more than I paid for mine new. So, are there any auction comps for a 2018 Model X P100D, with ludicrous plus (most should have this), red over black five seater with 9k miles?

23 Civic Type-R / 22 MDX Type-S / 21 Tesla Y LR / 03 Montero Ltd

• Options
    28firefighter28firefighter Member Posts: 9,392
    To get what? You have probably the fastest SUV available...
    2022 Tesla Model Y Performance, 2018 BMW M240i Convertible, 2015 Audi Q5 TDI
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,185

I don't think he needs an excuse... ;)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,949
    tifighter said:

Well, all this action on the CCBA side made me look at the trade in values for the X for fun, and some of the numbers I'm seeing from KBB and NADA are silly. And Carvana won't even give a value at all. I found one used one on the west coast, with an asking price that was more than I paid for mine new. So, are there any auction comps for a 2018 Model X P100D, with ludicrous plus (most should have this), red over black five seater with 9k miles?

There are comps, but they vary greatly. To be safe, I'd imagine you'd get offers in the $85k-$87k range. Won't Tesla buy it back?

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• Options
    Sometimes, it's 'I tried it, now I'm going to try something else'.
  • Options

Probably?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ye7Vh-_b50&

• Options
    stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,557
    I see 2 SUVs racing 2 hatchbacks.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• Options
    qbrozen said:

tifighter said:

There are comps, but they vary greatly. To be safe, I'd imagine you'd get offers in the $85k-$87k range. Won't Tesla buy it back?
    Thanks Q.

As some of you may recall, I got quite a deal on a demo last year. I was curious on value because as it sits, I could move on and pretty much match what I paid for it. A year of free use is always worth mulling over. I do think X values will take a hit when the Y comes out, as there will actually be an alternative on the market.

Oh, and yes, Tesla would be an option for trade, but they use the same values everyone else does.

• Options
    Having to warm up for an hour before running? That is absurd.

At least the others will catch up at the first fuel stop!

• Options
    I can always count on Stick to have something loaded up for any X post.

• Options
    xwesxxwesx Member Posts: 16,796
    tifighter said:

Not sure that all that add-on stuff counts. You know that Tesla will just take it away from the buyer because "they didn't pay for it." :D
    2018 Subaru Crosstrek, 2014 Audi Q7 TDI, 2013 Subaru Forester, 1969 Chevrolet C20, 1969 Ford Econoline 100, 1976 Ford F250
  • Options
    xwesx said:

tifighter said:

Not sure that all that add-on stuff counts. You know that Tesla will just take it away from the buyer because "they didn't pay for it." :D
    It's okay, neither did I.

• Options
    For a friend....

What would be a fair price on a CPO RDX? Looks like ex service loaner. 2020 AWD tech package. Gunmetal dark gray over espresso, 4,900 miles. Just serviced. I service date 10/4/19. In scenic S. Joisey.

• Options
    stickguy said:

For a friend....

What would be a fair price on a CPO RDX? Looks like ex service loaner. 2020 AWD tech package. Gunmetal dark gray over espresso, 4,900 miles. Just serviced. I service date 10/4/19. In scenic S. Joisey.

FYI - let your friend know that Acura now allows loaner leases with < 5000 miles. They don't look like BMW loaner leases but you never know - could be worth exploring...
  • Options
    Interesting. Thanks. I don’t think we plan to lease though. Would be buying to keep a long time. At least through the warranty. 6.5+ years on this one with CPO

• Options
    stickguy said:

For a friend....

trading at auction for around $37k. Fair for CPO? ehhh... I guess $41k wouldn't kill anyone.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• Options
    stickguy said:

Interesting. Thanks. I don’t think we plan to lease though. Would be buying to keep a long time. At least through the warranty. 6.5+ years on this one with CPO

You? or a friend? :smile:
  • Options
    pensfan83pensfan83 Member Posts: 2,556
    I would recommend your "friend" try out the touchpad interface as well, I've read mixed reviews on its integration.
    1997 Honda Prelude Base - 2022 Acura MDX Type S Advance - 2021 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road - 2006 BMW 330Ci ZHP
  • Options
    If played with the touch pad a little. Need to have the wife try it too. Hopefully just a learning curve. Plus, I doubt she would use it too much but I need to explore more.

Looks like the $38,800 list price isn’t too bad! But it is at the dealer I hated when getting my car.

Different dealer in PA has same car in gunmetal lighter gray over grayscale, a more acceptable color combo for the boss, listed at about 40 even.

• Options
    Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,971
    Ouch! 40 large for a new vehicle is way way more than I'd ever want to spend. Going up to 30 large gives me the willies to be honest. That's why VW really needs to get their regular Golf SE over here so I can check it out. Wonder if Mini Cooper has demos to sell? Love the Countryman with certain alloys they have. Just absolutely blows me away!

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• Options
    it is a bit of a splurge, but we deserve it. The GTI will be under 30k for at least the basic models. Somehow I just don't think you would be happy with a mini.

• Options
    nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,434
    Sandy

Have you ever driven a Civic Hatchback?

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• Options
    robbiegrobbieg Member Posts: 346
    stickguy said:

it is a bit of a splurge, but we deserve it. The GTI will be under 30k for at least the basic models. Somehow I just don't think you would be happy with a mini.

If you look on Autotrader, there are 2019 GTI's for sale for 22 and change. Not sure if there are any incentives that you have to qualify for or not.
  • Options
    pensfan83pensfan83 Member Posts: 2,556
    Helping a friend of mind find a new car for his parents after their Kia was totaled in an accident (not their fault).

Not sure what the CPO adds in value, but low miles. Thanks much!

https://www.southhillslincolnofpittsburgh.com/certified/Lincoln/2017-Lincoln-MKZ-in-Pittsburgh-PA-4e8db0ba0a0e0ae87ce6a9d6b4a7fc42.htm?searchDepth=1:14
    1997 Honda Prelude Base - 2022 Acura MDX Type S Advance - 2021 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road - 2006 BMW 330Ci ZHP
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    pensfan83 said:

Helping a friend of mind find a new car for his parents after their Kia was totaled in an accident (not their fault).

https://www.southhillslincolnofpittsburgh.com/certified/Lincoln/2017-Lincoln-MKZ-in-Pittsburgh-PA-4e8db0ba0a0e0ae87ce6a9d6b4a7fc42.htm?searchDepth=1:14

IIRC, they wanted $800 to CPO my Lincoln, but that was a LONG time ago. Worth somewhere in the mid-16s. Prob safe to assume they are in it for about $17.5k, so the $20k asking is pretty fair.

They have been sitting on it since early Nov, though, so could be they are into it for even more, but past sales don't dictate current market.

• Options
    robbiegrobbieg Member Posts: 346
    pensfan83 said:

Washington Ford has a few of these in stock for comparison. Keeping in mind what Q said, it seems as if they are priced pretty good.
  • Options
    xwesxxwesx Member Posts: 16,796
    Hertz has gobs of these in their rental fleets. I was standing outside of one for a good five or six minutes in Columbus last fall. They have a nice appearance and look incredibly comfortable inside.
    2018 Subaru Crosstrek, 2014 Audi Q7 TDI, 2013 Subaru Forester, 1969 Chevrolet C20, 1969 Ford Econoline 100, 1976 Ford F250
  • Options
    corvettecorvette Member Posts: 10,267
    I had one as a rental in Seattle a couple years back. I was very underwhelmed with the V6. Maybe the turbo four is more responsive?
  • Options
    The best part in the winter are the 3 buttons at the bottom of the center stack.
    Heated seat buttons on each side and heated steering wheel button in the middle.
  • Options

The best part in the winter are the 3 buttons at the bottom of the center stack.
    Heated seat buttons on each side and heated steering wheel button in the middle.

That silver one doesn't appear to have the heated steering wheel. Could be the lighting, but the paint on the driver's rear door and quarter panel looks to be a different shade.
  • Options
    @corvette,
    You're right about it not having a heated steering wheel.
    I looked at the sticker and it's a base model Premiere with no options.
    Did see the rear door color seeming different, but wasn't sure if it was the pictures.
    Carfax doesn't show any accidents(may be accurate) and it wasn't titled until about 4k on it.
  • Options
    roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,362
    corvette said:

That silver one doesn't appear to have the heated steering wheel. Could be the lighting, but the paint on the driver's rear door and quarter panel looks to be a different shade.

My wife's cars have had heated steering wheels going back to her E39 528i. For some reason her E84 X1 only has heated seats- it's optioned pretty well, but no CWP or H-K. At least the GTS has both.

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

• Options
    tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,927
    My wife loves her heated steering wheel and I've noticed she actually makes sure she holds the leather part. On our Enclave the wood 1/3 at the top doesn't get heated.

Must have been a common complaint. On our 2015 Enclave it had the top 1/3 of wheel wood and about a 1/6 of the very bottom as well.

The 2017 which is virtually identical only has the top.

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

• Options
    I don't think I used the heated wheel for the first 2 years I had the sonata, then finally put it on once just to say I did. then I was sorry I did not use it before that. I loved that feature. Unfortunately it was the only car we have had that did have one. Next car, that is going to be a, if not required, highly desired feature.

too bad it tends to be a higher end option. So on something like a CRV, you have to spring for the Touring trim. And who knows about the BMW how that would be optioned! at least the Santa Fe limited has everything imaginable thrown in, included heated wheel and ventilated seats!

• Options
    I don't like wearing gloves when I drive, so heated steering wheel is great.
    Usually only put it on for a couple of minutes, then turn it off.
  • Options
    My Murano had one. I could easily feel it even through gloves! The heated seats were weak by comparison.
  • Options
    roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,362
    The new X1s I drove at work had heated steering wheels that would get very hot.

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

• Options
    I got the impression it's one of those things you use for a few minutes on a cold morning, and then turn off for the rest of the drive.
  • Options
    yes. but those few minutes are just glorious!

• Options
    We used the heated steering wheel in our X1 for as long as we could before we incurred burns. It got very warm.
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,185
    My wife's X3 has the heated wheel. She loves it.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    mfishmfish Member Posts: 5
    I have a 2017 Honda Accord LX with 35,500 miles. Manual 6 speed transmission. New tires. Some bumper dents/scuffs/damage. Nothing too crazy. Carvana is saying $13,500. Any chance you guys can give me a trade in number i should be shooting for?

Thanks much
    Mark
  • Options
    mfish said:

I have a 2017 Honda Accord LX with 35,500 miles. Manual 6 speed transmission. New tires. Some bumper dents/scuffs/damage. Nothing too crazy. Carvana is saying $13,500. Any chance you guys can give me a trade in number i should be shooting for?

Thanks much
    Mark

Color inside and out? 2 or 4 doors? Any previous paintwork? In which state do you live?

• Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,316

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    @Michaell,
    That one is 2WD, so it's a Faux-Runner. :D
  • Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,316

@Michaell,
    That one is 2WD, so it's a Faux-Runner. :D

In SoCal, no real reason to get 4WD, but I like your word play.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    edited March 2020
    Michaell said:
    Trade-in values mean nothing on such a vehicle. Buyer needs to decide what he/she is willing to pay. A dealer would only pay maybe $1500 for it, if that. Of course, that is a dealer. $4k?