Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Selling Honda CRV on Carvana- adjustment of local market

good_boy_1234good_boy_1234 Member Posts: 81
edited March 2020 in Honda
So tried again today just to see how things change and noticed there is Local Market adjustment of - $4,484. Just over a week ago it was +1000. So I wonder what happened and what do you guts recommend
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    28firefighter28firefighter Member Posts: 9,392
    Have not sold to Carvana, but COVID-19 happened. The entire vehicle supply chain is shutting down because demand has all but disappeared. Banks aren’t funding new loans on cars right now in many areas, etc.

Your best bet is to sit tight until this passes.
    2022 Tesla Model Y Performance, 2018 BMW M240i Convertible, 2015 Audi Q5 TDI
  • Options
    stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,557
    Interesting to see. I had a very strong offer a couple weeks ago. No clue what it is now. Might need to go check, though I did trade it in at a dealer instead.

That adjustment can go up or down. Mine actually went up $200 a week after my Original quote expired

The climate now must be crazy. Not easy to even get cars in and processed, then moved around. If there are even people buying.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• Options
    oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,671
    I agree, bad time to sell a car. I wonder if Carvana is offering any similar discounts on the cars they are selling?

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• Options
    Just took a quick look at some. Seem like same prices as 2-3 weeks ago

• Options
    qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,949
    vroom has stopped quoting UNLESS you are buying one from them in exchange.

Carvana is still communicating, but they want me to get info from Hyundai and Hyundai is not responding. So my quote will probably expire in the meantime and I imagine it would be much much lower after the dust settles.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• Options
    Carvana indicates they are still doing deals, all contactless since at least in PA the vending machine is shut down. No apparent change to asking prices though. My guess, a lot of pending deals fall through, but not all of them.

• Options
    samlrssamlrs Member Posts: 1
    stickguy said:

Carvana indicates they are still doing deals, all contactless since at least in PA the vending machine is shut down. No apparent change to asking prices though. My guess, a lot of pending deals fall through, but not all of them.

Maybe this is due t the pandemic and some people decide to hold on to their belongings
    My latest project as a freelance programmer is a search system for directloantransfer site. I would love to hear some opinions and genuine feedback