Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Edmunds Members - Cars and Conversations

Comments

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,145

bwia said:

A staggering 3.3 million people filed for unemployment amid coronavirus pandemic. Apparently social distancing does not work when it comes to filing unemployment claims. Why can't claims be filed online to lesser the risk of contracting the virus.

Notice that these persons are not too concerned as they waited in line for help with unemployment benefits at the One-Stop Career Center in Las Vegas, Nevada on Tuesday.JOHN LOCHER/ASSOCIATED PRESS [Sorry I can't post picture]

Here I believe you can file online.
    Saw an article that noted that California was getting up to 100,000 unemployment applications per day.

Speaking of which, as an employer, we had to file and pay our unemployment insurance. A whopping $27 for Q4 2019. I'll file the Q1 numbers in April. Not that we've technically laid anyone off - the business is closed through the end of April, and our workers were all part time to begin with.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• snakeweaselsnakeweasel Member Posts: 19,290

All our hearings are now on Skype; the judge, defense counsel, and myself are all in our individual offices with another link to the detention center. The only cases being heard involve defendants in custody. We are trying to keep the detention center population down by allowing non-violent offenders who aren't flight risks to post bond.

That reminds me, I have been summoned for jury duty next week, let's see how that goes. My understanding is that it's a slight chance as they are only hearing cases for those in custody.
    The Chief Justice of the Kentucky Supreme Court specifically ordered that no new jury panels be called in and that only grand juries were to be convened- if needed.

I check the county website this morning and as luck would have it they have me scheduled to come in Monday morning. Still I am going to call later just to make sure.
    OK I called them, it has been canceled but I have to call back and let him know when I can go in, they gave me a choice of weeks this summer and fall to choose when to sit for jury duty.

2011 Hyundai Sonata, 2014 BMW 428i convertible, 2015 Honda CTX700D

• ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,031

OK I called them, it has been canceled but I have to call back and let him know when I can go in, they gave me a choice of weeks this summer and fall to choose when to sit for jury duty.

Tell them you're planning a move to Pago-Pago soon to get away from it all.

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

• graphicguygraphicguy Member Posts: 13,665

Hi everyone, I am new here. Tell me please which gear is better manual or auto? Thanks :s

To be serious here, only you can answer that, both will do the job it's your preference. Drive your own drive.
    Keep it in first and keep turning left. You’ll get there.
    2023 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring
  • laurasdadalaurasdada Member Posts: 4,686
    A life-long introvert, being alone isn't completley soul-crushing to me. But, I'm not a hermit! Spending time with the fiance, she lives 6 miles down the road. I miss running with the boys, MWF and the occasional Saturday morning followed by a greasy spoon breakfast. I'm trying to get my son to come to my place to review and sign taxes, but he, while healthy, is afraid of passing anything on to me, the old man!

GG: Congrats on the next phase. It's funny, and likely like millions , a mere month ago I felt financially OK if I had to "retire." Now, about 33% less warm and fuzzy feeling about that.

My company has announced that we'll be WFH now through April. No "right-sizing" of which I'm currently aware.

And, when I drove sticks, I was always partial to third gear!

Wishing all health and happiness.

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)

• jmonroejmonroe Member Posts: 8,989
    bwia said:

Notice that these persons are not too concerned as they waited in line for help with unemployment benefits at the One-Stop Career Center in Las Vegas, Nevada
    https://bostonglobe-prod.cdn.arcpublishing.com/resizer/cEMwbroCVtWn7x4I4r61qPLsSSM=/1280x0/arc-anglerfish-arc2-prod-bostonglobe.s3.amazonaws.com/public/3MEB5JW3XRGKLJSVUWD3ZAWZEM.jpg

That sure doesn't look like the way to do it. What it does look like is Nevada has found a way to ensure they won't have to make good on all the claims being filed. There otta be a law for this kind of stupidity but this is government in action or should I say inaction.

jmonroe

'15 Genesis V8 with Ultimate Package and '18 Legacy Limited 6 cyl

• ventureventure Member Posts: 2,860

Re lawn services vs doing it myself...

I've watched lawn services apply early and late for various applications. I've seen them applying liquid fertilizer and other pesticides or whatever mixed in in the rain washing it away because the ground was already soaked. But they do anything to service the many paying customers.

I'll do it myself with my timing of pre-emergent Halts, herbicides, fertilizer like it used to be with all three numbers representing a full combo of chemicals. I apply slow dissolve and quick dissolving fertilizers as I think needed. I'm trying to refurbish the lawn without having to try to reseed and have the weeds get established while I'm nurturing new grass coming up and hardening off for a few weeks.

You don't want to use Halts if you are trying to grow new grass.

I overseed in very early fall and get new growth established before winter. That way I can use Halts to try to stop the crabgrass and the other nasty stuff. Basically keep anything from establishing new growth in the Spring.

2020 Ascent Limited, 2024 Subaru Legacy Sport

• driver100driver100 Member Posts: 31,964
    johnmorgan said:
    Hi everyone, I am new here. Tell me please which gear is better manual or auto? Thanks

Did I get it wrong....wouldn't surprise me - I often think outside the box, or some might say not the norm? Isn't johnmorgan asking whether it is better to have a manual or an automatic transmission....not what gear or golf club you want to use?
    I would prefer a manual but a lot of "ifs", some being, need to have roads with few stops, if there is a car I like that offers a manual, if I am young enough that my shifting arm and both legs are working. There are more, but those reasons alone would make me choose an automatic in my case.

2017 MB E400 , 2015 MB GLK350, 2014 MB C250

GG Cute dog. From my experience, I didn't want to give up our business and retire. However, circumstances, mainly Mrs D100 wanting to retire made retirement mandatory. I am really glad I did, there are only so many years you have to do the things you really want to do. Of course, you have to have the funds to make it work. But working............it isn't much fun for most people anymore.

Interesting comments about being on your own guys....seems like you were preparing for this self-isolating endurance test.
    Self isolating ain't easy, but I am glad I have someone to do it with. Besides, I don't want to lose half of my possessions when this thing is over :D

• stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,439
    edited March 2020
    I don’t want to work. I’m only doing it until I can make enough money to not have to do it any longer!

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

I spend more time with people in isolation than I did before. Wife and daughter are WFH now too, and M-Th it used to be me here alone.

I miss some of my peace and quiet!

• sdasda Member Posts: 6,936
    edited March 2020

All three of us are home. Daughter doing online schooling, wife wfh, I’m wfh. Wife and daughter sharing the study, I’m upstairs in the bonus room. So far so good, though some challenges. Being in the bonus room has me near all my old car brochures, magazines, shop manuals. I find myself browsing thru them which creates a nice sense of deja vu. Time has gone by quickly..it isn’t 1971 anymore!

2018 VW Passat SE w/tech, 2016 Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/tech, 2006 Acura TL w/nav

• tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,852
    We are all home! Me, wife (WFH), 6 year old son and 4 year old daughter along with my Mom.

Fun times ... at least it’s beautiful today and I’m sitting on the patio while the kids run around.

I’ve been trying to get my son’s schoolwork done early so he can get energy out outside in the warmer afternoons.

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

I had already created a home office for the wife in another spare bedroom a couple years ago. She was WFH at her old job at the end, but in 2018 changed companies and went back into an office. So she was set.

When daughter moved back in February we set her desk up in the corner of the basement rec room (which I only use for the elliptical). So we all have designated room with a door, no sharing. An advantage I guess of never getting the wife to downsize!

• qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,891
    driver100 said:

johnmorgan said:
    Hi everyone, I am new here. Tell me please which gear is better manual or auto? Thanks

Did I get it wrong....wouldn't surprise me - I often think outside the box, or some might say not the norm? Isn't johnmorgan asking whether it is better to have a manual or an automatic transmission....not what gear or golf club you want to use?
    I would prefer a manual but a lot of "ifs", some being, need to have roads with few stops, if there is a car I like that offers a manual, if I am young enough that my shifting arm and both legs are working. There are more, but those reasons alone would make me choose an automatic in my case.
    Or, more likely, it is not a real post and we are all just having fun with it. ;b

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

All our hearings are now on Skype; the judge, defense counsel, and myself are all in our individual offices with another link to the detention center. The only cases being heard involve defendants in custody. We are trying to keep the detention center population down by allowing non-violent offenders who aren't flight risks to post bond.

That reminds me, I have been summoned for jury duty next week, let's see how that goes. My understanding is that it's a slight chance as they are only hearing cases for those in custody.
    The Chief Justice of the Kentucky Supreme Court specifically ordered that no new jury panels be called in and that only grand juries were to be convened- if needed.

I check the county website this morning and as luck would have it they have me scheduled to come in Monday morning. Still I am going to call later just to make sure.
    I don’t know how you want to proceed with this but this is what happened to me for the one and only time I was called for jury duty. This was in the eary ‘80’s:

I got a letter telling me when I should report for jury duty. Just so happens I was scheduled for a business trip to the LA area for a week to see one of our supplies at that time. So, I called and informed them of that. The guy wanted to know when it would be convenient to reschedule. I told him any time. He says how about XXXXX. As best as I can remember this date was about 6 weeks away so I said OK. About a week before I’m to report I find out my boss wants me to go back to LA (no I didn’t screw up. Just another fire to put out). So, I call again to reschedule. Again, I get a date about 6 or 7 weeks away. I really didn’t want to do jury duty so I called about 2 weeks before the new date and said I have to go out of town again. The guy must have had my rap sheet on this because he sorta said politely, “sir we are not going to go way on this so it would be best if you can change your plans this time”. Dammit, they’re on to me so I said I’d call back and let them know if I could keep this date. I call back the next day to make it look like I was checking and I said OK.

Fast forward to the day I’m to report for jury duty. Rather than drive into the downtown section of the Burgh and try to find a parking spot I decided to take a bus. There are two buses in my area to the Burgh. One takes the scenic route the other is the express. I never ride buses so when the bus comes by, I didn’t read the banner so I just jumped on the bus. It then dawns on me that I didn’t read the banner and since it would have been difficult (lots of people behind me) to get off the bus and read it, I asked the driver if this was the express and he said yes. About 15 minutes later I see I’m doing a scenic tour of some Pittsburgh nationhood’s. Oh well, now I know that I’m going to be at least a half hour late. Turns out I was an hour late. When the bus dropped me off at the court house I quickly go the 4th floor and report to the courtroom that I was to go to. As I’m reaching for the door handle the guy at the desk outside the door says, “hey, you can’t go in there, courts in session”. I tell him my story and he said they had already selected the jury and the alternates. I’m thinking ‘oh boy here it comes’. But he said, “don’t worry. Here take this (as he gives me a slip) and go down to the cashier on the 3rd floor and get reimbursed for your bus fare”. And here I thought jury duty was going to be a PITA. I know that isn't being very patriotic but that should be a no surprise to anyone in here because I also cheat on my income taxes.

jmonroe

I’ve got my wife on a folding table in the family room. Not ideal but it’s working for her.

Whenever this blows over and I start working again I’ll need to carve out a permanent spot in the basement. It’s half-[non-permissible content removed] finished but it will work enough for me.

On the job front the hiring manager reached out again and he explained they still can’t formally extend the offer. I certainly understand ... it’s a retailer and they are closed through this.

Fingers crossed by the time they reopen they will still need me! The job search has pretty much stopped right now for what I do.

@ab348
    Ha ha. Yeah out of context it’s pretty funny

• oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,562
    bwia said:

A staggering 3.3 million people filed for unemployment amid coronavirus pandemic. Apparently social distancing does not work when it comes to filing unemployment claims. Why can't claims be filed online to lesser the risk of contracting the virus.

Notice that these persons are not too concerned as they waited in line for help with unemployment benefits at the One-Stop Career Center in Las Vegas, Nevada on Tuesday.JOHN LOCHER/ASSOCIATED PRESS [Sorry I can't post picture]

Most of the websites have crashed and phone lines are jammed. What would you do if you lived paycheck to paycheck?

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

Hi everyone, I am new here. Tell me please which gear is better manual or auto? Thanks :s

I assume that you mean which transmission is better, auto or manual. A manual can be more fun depending on the car but since 95% of cars are automatics these days it really doesn’t matter.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,132
    edited March 2020

A life-long introvert, being alone isn't completley soul-crushing to me. But, I'm not a hermit! Spending time with the fiance, she lives 6 miles down the road. I miss running with the boys, MWF and the occasional Saturday morning followed by a greasy spoon breakfast. I'm trying to get my son to come to my place to review and sign taxes, but he, while healthy, is afraid of passing anything on to me, the old man!

GG: Congrats on the next phase. It's funny, and likely like millions , a mere month ago I felt financially OK if I had to "retire." Now, about 33% less warm and fuzzy feeling about that.

My company has announced that we'll be WFH now through April. No "right-sizing" of which I'm currently aware.

Third gear is the only gear you need.
    My brother showed me that teaching me to drive his 50 Ford flathead when I was maybe 12 or so. Just rev slightly and let the clutch out slowly.

Three is the magic number.

Played golf with guy who only used a 3 iron. Only. No wood. Fairway. Green. Retired engineer. Go figure.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,145
    WFH - I've been doing it for 12 years. Fortunately, I've always had a dedicated office in my house I could use.

When the wife and stepdaughter quit their jobs (huh - will be a year next week), they both were home a lot more. The business doesn't have an office in our house, so the dining room table was usurped. We managed to squeeze a small desk into that space, as well.

Once the business opened in September last year, they got onto a pretty regular schedule - they were home on Monday and Thursday, with half days the other weekdays and full days on the weekends (birthdays and such). When school was out, they held full day camps, and were out of the house pretty early.

I started going into the office on the days where I knew they'd be home - good to connect with the folks there.

But, that's all ended, for now. We're trying to adjust to a 'new normal' around the house, since I'm still working. They're watching a lot of TV at the moment, but I know there are some studio related projects they need to attend to.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

edited March 2020
    We mentioned gaining weight during this stressful time for some of us. Here's cartoon that reminded me.
    Of course my son noted he had lost weight. He was running at the gym but they all closed, so he's running on sidewalks.

jmonroe said:

I don’t know how you want to proceed with this but this is what happened to me for the one and only time I was called for jury duty. This was in the eary ‘80’s:

I got a letter telling me when I should report for jury duty. Just so happens I was scheduled for a business trip to the LA area for a week to see one of our supplies at that time. So, I called and informed them of that. The guy wanted to know when it would be convenient to reschedule. I told him any time. He says how about XXXXX. As best as I can remember this date was about 6 weeks away so I said OK. About a week before I’m to report I find out my boss wants me to go back to LA (no I didn’t screw up. Just another fire to put out). So, I call again to reschedule. Again, I get a date about 6 or 7 weeks away. I really didn’t want to do jury duty so I called about 2 weeks before the new date and said I have to go out of town again. The guy must have had my rap sheet on this because he sorta said politely, “sir we are not going to go way on this so it would be best if you can change your plans this time”. Dammit, they’re on to me so I said I’d call back and let them know if I could keep this date. I call back the next day to make it look like I was checking and I said OK.

Fast forward to the day I’m to report for jury duty. Rather than drive into the downtown section of the Burgh and try to find a parking spot I decided to take a bus. There are two buses in my area to the Burgh. One takes the scenic route the other is the express. I never ride buses so when the bus comes by, I didn’t read the banner so I just jumped on the bus. It then dawns on me that I didn’t read the banner and since it would have been difficult (lots of people behind me) to get off the bus and read it, I asked the driver if this was the express and he said yes. About 15 minutes later I see I’m doing a scenic tour of some Pittsburgh nationhood’s. Oh well, now I know that I’m going to be at least a half hour late. Turns out I was an hour late. When the bus dropped me off at the court house I quickly go the 4th floor and report to the courtroom that I was to go to. As I’m reaching for the door handle the guy at the desk outside the door says, “hey, you can’t go in there, courts in session”. I tell him my story and he said they had already selected the jury and the alternates. I’m thinking ‘oh boy here it comes’. But he said, “don’t worry. Here take this (as he gives me a slip) and go down to the cashier on the 3rd floor and get reimbursed for your bus fare”. And here I thought jury duty was going to be a PITA. I know that isn't being very patriotic but that should be a no surprise to anyone in here because I also cheat on my income taxes.

jmonroe
    Sounds like the next time you’ll be on the other side of the jury box.

tjc78 said:

I’ve got my wife on a folding table in the family room. Not ideal but it’s working for her.

Whenever this blows over and I start working again I’ll need to carve out a permanent spot in the basement. It’s half-[non-permissible content removed] finished but it will work enough for me.

On the job front the hiring manager reached out again and he explained they still can’t formally extend the offer. I certainly understand ... it’s a retailer and they are closed through this.

Fingers crossed by the time they reopen they will still need me! The job search has pretty much stopped right now for what I do.

Just as long as she’s not tied down I guess it’s ok.😳

When I worked from home I took a corner of our semi-heated basement among the paint cans and cob webs. After a while you’ll get used to it.

It’s funny, one of the conditions of getting unemployment in NY that you look for work. I wonder where they expect you to find it now but I bet they penalize you if you don’t look.

• suydamsuydam Member Posts: 4,676
    Moot point in this situation as most courtrooms are closed. I’ve supposedly got jury duty in early April but I’m sure it’s not happening. The computer Program that spits these notices out must still be working somewhere.
    '14 Buick Encore Convenience
    '17 Chevy Volt Premiere

When I worked from home I took a corner of our semi-heated basement among the paint cans and cob webs. After a while you’ll get used to it.

Someone mentioned in a news show last night that a friend of theirs is in a small, small New York apartment. His work area is the stove top for WFH.

Shameful: 39 millions N95 masks "discovered" by California SEIU. Talk about hoarding toilet paper...

And some people were willing to just hoard hand sanitizer and toilet paper and try to
    make a buck selling on Ebay/Amazon. LOL

Are there more hoards who will now hear a knock, knock, from the DOJ?

They're willing to sell them for $5 each.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/03/hmm-seiu-union-in-california-suddenly-finds-mysterious-stash-of-39-million-face-masks-3-days-after-ag-bill-barr-announces-theyre-going-after-hoarders/?fbclid=IwAR2llw4A80HSTbc1aXcA5q6d79GF8RTVitE3AYInKyiAgtGf9V2UxUQDnGU

ab348 said:

Tell them you're planning a move to Pago-Pago soon to get away from it all.
    Actually I'll be getting away from all this virus stuff now, expect to see me like this soon,

qbrozen said:

driver100 said:

johnmorgan said:

Or, more likely, it is not a real post and we are all just having fun with it. ;b
    Or maybe it’s person with a disability like the blind guy who was using a voice/text device or maybe someone with limited English. I rather assume it was legit than make some new poster feel slighted.

• houdini1houdini1 Member Posts: 8,327
    jmonroe said:

houdini1 said:

driver100 said:

jmonroe said:

driver100 said:

I used to go to the gym. 15 minutes to get there, would take an hour to do 40 minutes worth of exercise, waiting for equipment and wiping it down, and 15 minutes to drive home......90 minutes to do 40 minutes of exercise.
    Worst part was, I would burn 300 calories, see this great breakfast place across the road when I came out, have some bacon, eggs toast and home fries.....gain 1000 calories. Plus, it cost $50 a month.

So, I bought weights, got a DVD and a little DVD player, have it next to a TV so I can watch TV while I do my weight exercises for 30 minutes, 3X a week....and I do it in 30 minutes! And no big breakfast after.

That is very surprising. I never would have guessed you were a DIYer. What kind of warranty do you give yourself? :o

jmonroe
    Money back guaranty if I don't like the results. ;)
    Old people don't exercise because they're not motivated, it's because they are just tuckered out.

Darned if I am going to work up a sweat, not get anything done, and pay someone to help me do nothing. If I get the urge for exercise I'll do some work of some kind. Mow the yard, walk the dog, vacuum the house, wash the windows, straighten the basement, play a round of golf, play a little basketball, etc. Or maybe just take a nap and pretend I am meditating.
    OR, open your mouth to Mrs. @houdini1. :'(

jmonroe
    Yep, that always involves some scurrying about and acrobatics.

2013 LX 570 2016 LS 460

Michaell said:

I don’t normally read or pass along fluffy stuff like this. But I found this piece particularly well done and thought some of you may appreciate it.

https://www.theatlantic.com/family/archive/2020/03/coronavirus-quarantine-how-find-comfort-and-coziness/608728/

Given that the Atlantic started publishing before the American Civil War (1857!), I tend to peek in on their reporting pretty regularly.
    I find the Atlantic is also a pretty good substitute if you are short on TP.

2013 LX 570 2016 LS 460

edited March 2020

qbrozen said:

driver100 said:

johnmorgan said:

Or maybe it’s person with a disability like the blind guy who was using a voice/text device or maybe someone with limited English. I rather assume it was legit than make some new poster feel slighted.
    My original reply was designed to find out. :p

My guess is we won't hear any response whatsoever, so I wasn't willing to waste time writing a meaningful response. If we DO get a response, then we can discuss further.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• carnaughtcarnaught Member Posts: 3,497
    Where is @marcogallo1986 ?
  • sdasda Member Posts: 6,936
    Has anyone heard Marco lately? I loved his enthusiasm for cars and his Thunderbird despite being sight impaired.

2018 VW Passat SE w/tech, 2016 Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/tech, 2006 Acura TL w/nav

qbrozen said:

driver100 said:

johnmorgan said:

That's how I see it too....if it is a troll then what was the point?
    Hate it when we answer and they disappear though.
    Oh, and I think he had something like 14000 posts, so not just a quick drop in.

My brother showed me that teaching me to drive his 50 Ford flathead when I was maybe 12 or so. Just rev slightly and let the clutch out slowly.

Played golf with guy who only used a 3 iron. Only. No wood. Fairway. Green. Retired engineer. Go figure.

He could putt with it too.

2013 LX 570 2016 LS 460

driver100 said:

qbrozen said:

driver100 said:

johnmorgan said:

Poster had 2 posts.

houdini1 said:

jmonroe said:

houdini1 said:

driver100 said:

jmonroe said:

driver100 said:

I used to go to the gym. 15 minutes to get there, would take an hour to do 40 minutes worth of exercise, waiting for equipment and wiping it down, and 15 minutes to drive home......90 minutes to do 40 minutes of exercise.
    Worst part was, I would burn 300 calories, see this great breakfast place across the road when I came out, have some bacon, eggs toast and home fries.....gain 1000 calories. Plus, it cost $50 a month.

So, I bought weights, got a DVD and a little DVD player, have it next to a TV so I can watch TV while I do my weight exercises for 30 minutes, 3X a week....and I do it in 30 minutes! And no big breakfast after.

That is very surprising. I never would have guessed you were a DIYer. What kind of warranty do you give yourself? :o

jmonroe
    Money back guaranty if I don't like the results. ;)
    Old people don't exercise because they're not motivated, it's because they are just tuckered out.

Darned if I am going to work up a sweat, not get anything done, and pay someone to help me do nothing. If I get the urge for exercise I'll do some work of some kind. Mow the yard, walk the dog, vacuum the house, wash the windows, straighten the basement, play a round of golf, play a little basketball, etc. Or maybe just take a nap and pretend I am meditating.
    OR, open your mouth to Mrs. @houdini1. :'(

jmonroe
    Yep, that always involves some scurrying about and acrobatics.
    Sounds like you have also spoken out of turn a time or two. Welcome to the track club. May our track shoes never let us down.

jmonroe

edited March 2020
    houdini1 said:

Yes, he used only 1 club. He did have a small number of other clubs in his bag. Total had to be fewer than 5.

He hit straight down the fairway so a 3 iron didn't go as far as a 3 wood might, but he rarely was off to the side having to recover. He was a large, round fellow with some health problems. So his ability to swing woods was not typical because of his size, and the iron fit his ability. He was the brother of the coworker _trying_ to help me learn golf. Coworker failed--he didn't have much to work with in my skill sets. LOL

BTW he was a retired engineer who had taken an early retirement offer when his company was closing the facility where he worked as the paper industry consolidated.

houdini1 said:

Yes, he used only 1 club. He did have a small number of other clubs in his bag. Total had to be fewer than 5.

He hit straight down the fairway so a 3 iron didn't go as far as a 3 wood might, but he rarely was off to the side having to recover. He was a large, round fellow with some health problems. So his ability to swing woods was not typical because of his size, and the iron fit his ability. He was the brother of the coworker _trying_ to help me learn golf. Coworker failed--he didn't have much to work with in my skill sets. LOL

BTW he was a retired engineer who had taken an early retirement offer when his company was closing the facility where he worked as the paper industry consolidated.
    That's a shame. We could use a good TP guy right about now.

jmonroe

qbrozen said:

driver100 said:

qbrozen said:

driver100 said:

johnmorgan said:

Poster had 2 posts.
    We all had only two posts at one time.

qbrozen said:

driver100 said:

qbrozen said:

driver100 said:

johnmorgan said:

Poster had 2 posts.
    Right, and look what our poster buddy @driver100 parlayed that into. :(

jmonroe

• abacomikeabacomike Member Posts: 12,255
    jmonroe said:

qbrozen said:

driver100 said:

qbrozen said:

driver100 said:

johnmorgan said:

Poster had 2 posts.

jmonroe
    In order to curtail @driver100 from his multitude of postings, I would suggest that he:

Spend more time communicating with his lovely wife; learn "dog" language so he could better understand his pup; go car shopping several times a week; read more books by his favorite authors; take up a hobby like bike riding or woodworking; learn how to play bridge and then join a bridge club; become a "HAM RADIO" fanatic and try sending cute and informative radio messages to someone in Australia or South Africa; adopt a child and learn how to change a diaper; become a volunteer at your local hospital delivering daily newspapers to hospitalized men and women; become a Crossing Guard at a local elementary school and smile at the little darlings as they cross the street; become a lifeguard at a community pool and blow your whistle at the kids who splash water with their hands! 😛😜🤪😋

If he takes one or two of those above suggestions and implements an activity or two, that should slow down his postings!🤙

2021 Genesis G90

• abacomikeabacomike Member Posts: 12,255
    One of the attending physicians at the hospital in my community just died of the corona virus - saw it on the News. I would think they would have to quarantine the patients and medical/nursing/housekeeping staff for 14 days. Trying to track down how or where he got the virus would be a huge undertaking. He was an Internal Medicine physician.

2021 Genesis G90

abacomike said:

jmonroe said:

qbrozen said:

driver100 said:

qbrozen said:

driver100 said:

johnmorgan said:

Poster had 2 posts.

jmonroe
    In order to curtail @driver100 from his multitude of postings, I would suggest that he:

Spend more time communicating with his lovely wife; learn "dog" language so he could better understand his pup; go car shopping several times a week; read more books by his favorite authors; take up a hobby like bike riding or woodworking; learn how to play bridge and then join a bridge club; become a "HAM RADIO" fanatic and try sending cute and informative radio messages to someone in Australia or South Africa; adopt a child and learn how to change a diaper; become a volunteer at your local hospital delivering daily newspapers to hospitalized men and women; become a Crossing Guard at a local elementary school and smile at the little darlings as they cross the street; become a lifeguard at a community pool and blow your whistle at the kids who splash water with their hands! 😛😜🤪😋

If he takes one or two of those above suggestions and implements an activity or two, that should slow down his postings!🤙
    WOW, if I didn't know better, then again maybe I do, that sounds like you never want to see another post from him, ever. B)

jmonroe

• suydamsuydam Member Posts: 4,676
    Oh that’s awful. So sad that these frontline heroes put themselves at such risk.
    '14 Buick Encore Convenience
    '17 Chevy Volt Premiere
  • Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,953
    Just heard it also on the local news down here. We're quite close to that hospital also. Still working on my little office here. Have a queen bed in here as it's still a spare bedroom if they all come home at the same time. Moving the furniture might get a bit tricky so am doing it on paper first to see if it'll in fact fit the way I like it. Lots of times when in here, just close the door so it's quiet. Prefer it to be quiet when reading but think it's throwing her to have me home now all the time on a daily basis.
    Here's hoping this whole nonsense will stop within a couple of weeks, prefer to be in a vehicle, driving somewhere!

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)