Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chronic Car Buyers Anonymous

Comments

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,997
    qbrozen said:

dad23 said:

How's this for a little temptation?

Now through March 31st, lease a 2020 Ford Explorer XLT for $329/month + tax for 24 months with $0 due at signing & $0 security deposit. Plus, enjoy free delivery of your vehicle up to 50 miles— now that's easy.

I wish Toyota would do something similar with the 4Runner...

What’s the fine print? That’s about $350 with tax for me, but have a feeling that is before bank, dealer, and DMV fees, right? So another $1500 or so, bringing it to $410-$415.
    8% sales tax for him.

DMV is paid separately in CO, so not part of the monthly payment.

Dealer and bank fee would have to be factored in.

Figure $599 for dealer fee and $645 for the bank fee, therefore the net would be around $467/mo.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,512
    Rodo is touting business as usual and how they are the online/contactless operation already. But for the cars I was following, advertised prices have not come down yet.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• xwesxxwesx Member Posts: 16,788
    stickguy said:

Sticks are like elephants. We never forget. I might be over it 7-8 years from now. Maybe. Assuming we can leave the house by then.

And low miles for us are a given anyway.

Hey, if you want to get out and drive, this is the time to do it! Traffic may even be light enough that you can actually see those famous Jersey potholes *before* you hit them! ;)
    2018 Subaru Crosstrek, 2014 Audi Q7 TDI, 2013 Subaru Forester, 1969 Chevrolet C20, 1969 Ford Econoline 100, 1976 Ford F250
  • ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,081
    edited March 2020
    Good point. I just braved a grocery store in search of Lucy's favorite cat food and mid-afternoon traffic most places was near-zero. My first post-apocalypse experience with this particular store and they have done all sorts of things - security guard out front taking head counts and holding people out to limit the numbers inside, a clerk in the cart area sanitizing every returned cart, deli, meat, seafood and ready-to-eat service counters closed, one-way aisles with arrows on the floor to supposedly eliminate 2-way traffic in the aisles, circles on the floor at the start of each checkout line indicating where to stand to maintain distancing, and plexiglass panels along each checkout to protect the clerk, who used disposable gloves and would not touch customer credit or loyalty cards All quite bizarre, especially since several customers I encountered seemed totally oblivious to social distancing.

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

• qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,933
    Michaell said:

qbrozen said:

dad23 said:

Now through March 31st, lease a 2020 Ford Explorer XLT for $329/month + tax for 24 months with $0 due at signing & $0 security deposit. Plus, enjoy free delivery of your vehicle up to 50 miles— now that's easy.

What’s the fine print? That’s about $350 with tax for me, but have a feeling that is before bank, dealer, and DMV fees, right? So another $1500 or so, bringing it to $410-$415.
    8% sales tax for him.

Figure $599 for dealer fee and $645 for the bank fee, therefore the net would be around $467/mo.
    Not to nit ... but what did I miss? ($329x24)+$1244=$9140+8%=$9871.20/24=$411.30/mo.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

qbrozen said:

Michaell said:

qbrozen said:

dad23 said:

8% sales tax for him.

Not to nit ... but what did I miss? ($329x24)+$1244=$9140+8%=$9871.20/24=$411.30/mo.
    I was doing the math in my head; probably not a good idea on a Monday.

But, wouldn't the fees be subject to the MF? Not that it would change the payment by much...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,968
    I am going out to take a drive this afternoon. Have my FaceTime doc appointment in less than an hour and then, think I'll hit the road for a bit. Tired of watching t v and think the wife is a bit freaked and starting to become very critical of everything I do...or don't do! I like my space and at this point in life, don't find it necessary to be told what I should do or think. This whole situation is so bizarre that I'm just trying to take things in a little at a time. Just spoke with a work friend and he was worried as I've been offline all weekend. Apologized and just told him I'm coming to grips with it all. We're going to meet up at the end of the week or beginning of next week for lunch as his wife's been deceased for many years and is feeling a bit alone shall we say. We're fraternity brothers it turns out, so we've bonded rather nicely. There's also one other driver that I hit it off with once I returned from my break in December. He started that week and our personalities, sense of humor, gelled instantly, so with this newer driver to our team, we're like the Three Muskateers. It's an easy friendship so far which makes the work day go by that much better.
    Must get changed and have my appointment. Then, off for a ride! Stay well & vigilante folks and we'll be over this in due time!

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

I am going out to take a drive this afternoon. Have my FaceTime doc appointment in less than an hour and then, think I'll hit the road for a bit. Tired of watching t v and think the wife is a bit freaked and starting to become very critical of everything I do...or don't do! I like my space and at this point in life, don't find it necessary to be told what I should do or think. This whole situation is so bizarre that I'm just trying to take things in a little at a time. Just spoke with a work friend and he was worried as I've been offline all weekend. Apologized and just told him I'm coming to grips with it all. We're going to meet up at the end of the week or beginning of next week for lunch as his wife's been deceased for many years and is feeling a bit alone shall we say. We're fraternity brothers it turns out, so we've bonded rather nicely. There's also one other driver that I hit it off with once I returned from my break in December. He started that week and our personalities, sense of humor, gelled instantly, so with this newer driver to our team, we're like the Three Muskateers. It's an easy friendship so far which makes the work day go by that much better.
    Must get changed and have my appointment. Then, off for a ride! Stay well & vigilante folks and we'll be over this in due time!

Has Florida not shut down restaurants and bars yet? The only way I can get together with friends would be if we all got our own take out or drive through then sat in our indivual cars and talked through the open windows.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

We've taken out space at the FAU campus in Boca Raton plus the Palm Beach Speedway in Jupiter to store excess vehicles for the time being. Will be interesting to see how we'll go about getting them all out once we're back to work. The logistics of it all are going to be interesting to say the least! I for see us working many hours that first month or two when we do go back and then settling back into the summer normal after that. Not sure what that'll be as I've never worked a summer for Enterprise. I do know that at Hertz, I worked my normal three day week, around 28 hours, give or take. I prefer 30/week to be honest as I want a day or two off each week.
    So, we'll just have to wait and see what happens going forward!

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• benjaminhbenjaminh Member Posts: 6,311
    edited March 2020
    stickguy said:

Sticks are like elephants. We never forget. I might be over it 7-8 years from now. Maybe. Assuming we can leave the house by then.

And low miles for us are a given anyway.

For what little it's worth, I think your timing was probably okay. It's possible that in another month you might have gotten a new RDX for $1-2k less, but by then your old RDX would have maybe been worth 2-3k less, because I doubt any dealer these days is eager to take on a used car that will likely just sit there for quite a while. Plus you got 0.9% on an Acura for 5 years. That's really low. Your particular model and color combo is a beautiful blend of luxury SUV with a dash of sports car. I'd actually like to see another pic of it at some point if you feel like and get the chance. Finally, I think driving itself is a fully safe activity, and I hope you enjoy that when you have the time and inclination.
    2018 Acura TLX 2.4 Tech 4WS (mine), 2018 Honda CR-V EX AWD (wife's)
    Stick, let it go! The car's in the garage already so why look back? Just enjoy it for what it is. Start driving it and be happy. With all that's going on now, why on earth are you obsessing over buying a new vehicle two weeks ago? No one ever really knows if they got the rock bottom deal so why let it into your head any longer?
    Seriously, you've got lots to look forward to once we get back to normal. Time to just let it go now!

• pensfan83pensfan83 Member Posts: 2,555
    edited March 2020
    Michaell said:

Has Florida not shut down restaurants and bars yet? The only way I can get together with friends would be if we all got our own take out or drive through then sat in our indivual cars and talked through the open windows.
    One of our neighbors wants to do "dinner" by way of splitting out their very large driveway into quadrants that keep up with social distancing but allow us close enough to converse.

Of course the question all of us are wondering is how we keep all of our kids from staying within those quadrants when they're all dying to get back to their neighborhood games and visits.
    1997 Honda Prelude Base - 2022 Acura MDX Type S Advance - 2021 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road - 2006 BMW 330Ci ZHP
  • 28firefighter28firefighter Member Posts: 9,385
    Our neighbors wanted to do this too. We've settled for doing this over Zoom for exactly the reasons you suggested.
    2022 Tesla Model Y Performance, 2018 BMW M240i Convertible, 2015 Audi Q5 TDI
    Michaell said:

qbrozen said:

Michaell said:

qbrozen said:

dad23 said:

8% sales tax for him.

But, wouldn't the fees be subject to the MF? Not that it would change the payment by much...
    yeah, but, like you said, shouldn't be much, and I don't know what the number is.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,418
    pensfan83 said:

Michaell said:

One of our neighbors wants to do "dinner" by way of splitting out their very large driveway into quadrants that keep up with social distancing but allow us close enough to converse.

Of course the question all of us are wondering is how we keep all of our kids from staying within those quadrants when they're all dying to get back to their neighborhood games and visits.
    That’s easy. Keep the kids inside. Relax & enjoy dinner.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,646
    ab348 said:

Good point. I just braved a grocery store in search of Lucy's favorite cat food and mid-afternoon traffic most places was near-zero. My first post-apocalypse experience with this particular store and they have done all sorts of things - security guard out front taking head counts and holding people out to limit the numbers inside, a clerk in the cart area sanitizing every returned cart, deli, meat, seafood and ready-to-eat service counters closed, one-way aisles with arrows on the floor to supposedly eliminate 2-way traffic in the aisles, circles on the floor at the start of each checkout line indicating where to stand to maintain distancing, and plexiglass panels along each checkout to protect the clerk, who used disposable gloves and would not touch customer credit or loyalty cards All quite bizarre, especially since several customers I encountered seemed totally oblivious to social distancing.

The hardware store and the bank now have plastic shields in front of the cashiers around here. I was able to score some facial tissue today at a different supermarket. My allergies were grateful. All the old fogeys were charging around without regard to social distance.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

nyccarguy said:

pensfan83 said:

Michaell said:

That’s easy. Keep the kids inside. Relax & enjoy dinner.
    Ehhh, that might work for some of us with older ones but for those with toddlers or pre-school age kids that's not an option.
    1997 Honda Prelude Base - 2022 Acura MDX Type S Advance - 2021 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road - 2006 BMW 330Ci ZHP
    qbrozen said:

Michaell said:

qbrozen said:

Michaell said:

qbrozen said:

dad23 said:

8% sales tax for him.

yeah, but, like you said, shouldn't be much, and I don't know what the number is.
    Ah, let's move on.

Point is, it's not going to be $329/mo.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• sdasda Member Posts: 6,977
    stickguy said:

at this point my 2 cars are getting a week on/week off. Just have to move the Jetta to the opposite side of the driveway. That is not really going anywhere. Might have to take a scenic drive during the week just to warm it up. at least it is getting a rest since it is up toward 33K miles, and does not turn 2 for about 4 more months.

How has the Jetta held up? Any issues? Would your daughter lease another?

2018 VW Passat SE w/tech, 2016 Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/tech, 2006 Acura TL w/nav

Jetta has been fine. Gets fantastic mileage. She bought this one so hopefully it holds up because it might be around for a while.

stickguy said:

Jetta has been fine. Gets fantastic mileage. She bought this one so hopefully it holds up because it might be around for a while.

At this rate, we will have to redefine what "normal" annual mileage ought to be.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• dad23dad23 Member Posts: 870
    Michaell said:

Old Santa Fe on 20 Mile next to Kohl's
    Rocky Mountain Pizzeria on the NW corner of Parker and Hess
    New Dynasty in Stonegate on Lincoln and Jordan

We actually had Rocky Mountain last night, didn't realize how large the extra large was, plenty of leftovers for lunch today. It's pretty similar to Coloradough Pizza if you've had that, off Parker and Cottonwood. Have you tried Los Dos Portillos over by Red Robin? It's pretty good, large menu anyway. We've been trying to try new places since the "lockdown."

• corvettecorvette Member Posts: 10,262
    My favorite taco place just posted that they are reopening effective immediately, with to-go margaritas (you mix the booze in yourself from a mini bottle they provide). I may stop in tonight.
    corvette said:

My favorite taco place just posted that they are reopening effective immediately, with to-go margaritas (you mix the booze in yourself from a mini bottle they provide). I may stop in tonight.

LOL. And here I thought you meant Tacoma.

• jmonroejmonroe Member Posts: 8,989
    Michaell said:

stickguy said:

At this rate, we will have to redefine what "normal" annual mileage ought to be.
    That's for sure and another for sure is this site is going to get walloped due to this virus and @corvette is going to have a hard time waking up before this is all said and done with.

jmonroe

'15 Genesis V8 with Ultimate Package and '18 Legacy Limited 6 cyl

qbrozen said:

corvette said:

LOL. And here I thought you meant Tacoma.
    And kinda tough on the fillings too.

jmonroe

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760
    corvette said:

Our favorite microbrewery has been making quarts of margaritas to go in a small growler. Kind of pricey, though. Plus, the beer there is great.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• suydamsuydam Member Posts: 4,676
    All restaurants closed here, no one will “come over” or “get together” for any kind of meal. We have virtual wine with our neighbor over Zoom at least once a week. We are going to play virtual bridge with friends soon too. People here are taking social distancing very seriously, most not even going into stores. We are hoping to avert the worst by flattening the curve. Even if I was inclined to go out, my adult kids would be chastising me over the phone. I really hope that The communities of those those oblivious to social distancing dont have to pay a high price.
    We had a family Zoom chat today — 3 states and another country. It was really kind of fun, we hope to do more of them!
    '14 Buick Encore Convenience
    '17 Chevy Volt Premiere
    We've done Zoom chats too and with the help of one of the staff where she lives my 90 year old grandmother got in on the act. That was a lot of fun. The boys are using Messenger Kids or online gaming to keep up with their friends.
  • laurasdadalaurasdada Member Posts: 4,725
    Hi: Donating blood tomorrow at.....Ferrari of New England!
    And, here's a very cool charitable site, I've donated:

https://offtheirplate.org/

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)

Many open just for pick-up/take out. Just left Publix and besides no paper products at all and only a bit of chicken, things were pretty normal. Had a bogo on my 12 pack Pepsi and Hawaiian Punch, so did that and am totally good till next months end. Got some fish for dinner, chicken legs for tomorrow night and hot dogs for lunches for a few days. The wife ends TurboTax tonight till Thursday, so she'll be wfh on her other couple of things the next two days and she likes to go out for breakfast. Assume she'll pick up some lunch stuff for her and maybe a couple dinners for us later in the week. Still have cereal, so got some milk for that and chocolate cookie dough ice cream for later at night. Gotta try and stay somewhat normal here.
    Got my lotto tickets and then got on the Florida Turnpike and went south to Ft. Lauderdale. Took the 595 crossover west to get on to 75/Sawgrass Expressway and then north back past Parkland and into Coral Springs to shop. When I pulled in, gas gauge had moved a bit but now was showing 320 miles dte instead of 300 so guessing you guys were right. Since December 30th, today was the first time I got the Golf back up over 60 mph for a good half hour. Realized that these past many years, driving has become my quiet place if you will. No matter if it were back in 2013 to March 31, 2014 when I stopped the long distance stuff till now, with the more local stuff, driving has become my sanctuary. My place where I can think clearly and listen to my music, whatever it may be. It's my "man cave" I guess and it keeps me level. Think I'll be doing this more often, take a short drive of maybe 45 minutes every few days to get back to my normal. If for nothing else, to keep me sane since I don't drink or smoke, wink, wink!!

• tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,905
    Our Enclave hasn't moved for two weeks now and doubtful it will go anywhere this week since it is in the front of the driveway with the Volvo and Mom's RAV behind it.

I took the Volvo on the highway Friday for one exit. I may have stretched her legs a little B)

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

dad23 said:

Michaell said:

Old Santa Fe on 20 Mile next to Kohl's
    Rocky Mountain Pizzeria on the NW corner of Parker and Hess
    New Dynasty in Stonegate on Lincoln and Jordan

We actually had Rocky Mountain last night, didn't realize how large the extra large was, plenty of leftovers for lunch today. It's pretty similar to Coloradough Pizza if you've had that, off Parker and Cottonwood. Have you tried Los Dos Portillos over by Red Robin? It's pretty good, large menu anyway. We've been trying to try new places since the "lockdown."

So did we! Picked up around 6:30 and I had my leftovers for lunch today. Have not tried either of the other restaurants you mention. Wife is pretty particular about where she eats - she finds a place she likes and doesn't deviate.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,348
    Well, I seriously overestimated my tax liability this year- my refund is over 5 times what I expected. I told the Kia dealer to call me when I can get the rebate AND 0% financing. And I'll see if the 5er drops any more.

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

• andres3andres3 Member Posts: 13,729
    stickguy said:

Sandy, the range calculation is based on historical/recent driving. so when you were doing longer drives, you get better MPG, so it assumes you will keep getting that. But after some rounds of short drives after sitting, the car figures that you will keep doing that and adjusts accordingly. at the beginning of a tank, it really has to "guess" what you will do. Quite likely that if you got out on the highway at a steady 65 for 20 minutes, your range would go up, not down.

I recall renting a Passat in NC once. must have been just filled. When I pulled out of the lot, RTE said 500. about 5 miles later as I merged onto a highway, it had climbed to ~600 miles. Sadly it did not keep going up, but I was impressed by the combo of good MPG from the 1.8T engine, even in a big car (and that was a long car), and something like an 18.5 gallon tank.

Try tracking your Golf and see what your full tank mileage is predicted after that! That will really throw the calculations off. :smile:
    '15 Audi Misano Red Pearl S4, '16 Audi TTS Daytona Gray Pearl, Wife's '19 VW Tiguan SEL 4-Motion

Well, I seriously overestimated my tax liability this year- my refund is over 5 times what I expected. I told the Kia dealer to call me when I can get the rebate AND 0% financing. And I'll see if the 5er drops any more.

If I show you how to get 6 times can I drive it a couple miles. B)

jmonroe

• imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,147
    edited March 2020

When I pulled in, gas gauge had moved a bit but now was showing 320 miles dte instead of 300 so guessing you guys were right.

I read somewhere that the DTE on the 03 leSabre I had was based on the gas mileage during the last 50 miles driven.
    I don't recall if I found it in the factory service manual I have or from a tech on the Buick forum.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

edited March 2020

Many open just for pick-up/take out. Just left Publix and besides no paper products at all and only a bit of chicken, things were pretty normal. Had a bogo on my 12 pack Pepsi and Hawaiian Punch, so did that and am totally good till next months end. Got some fish for dinner, chicken legs for tomorrow night and hot dogs for lunches for a few days. The wife ends TurboTax tonight till Thursday, so she'll be wfh on her other couple of things the next two days and she likes to go out for breakfast. Assume she'll pick up some lunch stuff for her and maybe a couple dinners for us later in the week. Still have cereal, so got some milk for that and chocolate cookie dough ice cream for later at night. Gotta try and stay somewhat normal here.
    Got my lotto tickets and then got on the Florida Turnpike and went south to Ft. Lauderdale. Took the 595 crossover west to get on to 75/Sawgrass Expressway and then north back past Parkland and into Coral Springs to shop. When I pulled in, gas gauge had moved a bit but now was showing 320 miles dte instead of 300 so guessing you guys were right. Since December 30th, today was the first time I got the Golf back up over 60 mph for a good half hour. Realized that these past many years, driving has become my quiet place if you will. No matter if it were back in 2013 to March 31, 2014 when I stopped the long distance stuff till now, with the more local stuff, driving has become my sanctuary. My place where I can think clearly and listen to my music, whatever it may be. It's my "man cave" I guess and it keeps me level. Think I'll be doing this more often, take a short drive of maybe 45 minutes every few days to get back to my normal. If for nothing else, to keep me sane since I don't drink or smoke, wink, wink!!

Ah, a kindred spirit.

Funny, a lot of our guys up here are big fans of lottery scratchers. Some only work so they have money to gamble with.

I’m looking forward to some cruising time as well. Last time I took the Mustang out was a week ago Sunday. Then we got some snow and the inevitable salt so no driving in the nice cars. Now we’ve had 2 days of rain to wash the roads clean and I’ve got the itch. There’s this empty section of an arterial near my house that has almost no traffic these days. I wonder if I could manage a speed run. Just to clean the carbon out you understand. ;)

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,081

Congratulations. I got my tax refund last week. That $324 has me looking for the nearest Bugatti dealer.

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

I am supposed to get a refund from the state. considering they are shut down indefinitely, not expecting to see that for a long, long time.

• roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,348
    ab348 said:

Congratulations. I got my tax refund last week. That $324 has me looking for the nearest Bugatti dealer.

The prior two years I had to pay estimated tax, so I increased my withholding considerably when I started as Commonwealth's Attorney

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

stickguy said:

I am supposed to get a refund from the state. considering they are shut down indefinitely, not expecting to see that for a long, long time.

I’m surprised that some of you smart guys don’t take advantage of the due date postponement to invest your tax due payment in the stock market and play the float for big profit.

stickguy said:

I’m surprised that some of you smart guys don’t take advantage of the due date postponement to invest your tax due payment in the stock market and play the float for big profit.
    Sounds like borrowing from a loan shark because the #5 horse is a sure thing.

well, if I had owed money I would have waited until the end. But they owed me.

• corvettecorvette Member Posts: 10,262
    I owed $175 for LLET to the state and something like $51 to Arkansas for money I made there. Sent both checks already and they’ve been cashed. The possibility of forgetting to drop them in the mail over the next few months isn’t worth the hassle.
    Still waiting for our CPA to complete our taxes - hoping we get some sort of refund this year, due to the losses the LLC had as we built out the studio.

Should know later this week.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

I dollar cost averaged a couple of weeks ago, missed the super low point but got in a couple points higher. So it has helped a lot in my cost/share going forward. Could probably do some more but want to wait and see if it goes down again to make another move. But think I jumped at about the right time.

My CPA hasn't quite gotten to ours yet as it's tradition to do ours last. Since she pays quarterly taxes anyways, all our refunds go into the next quarters payment, so I never see it come to our account. I just hope that we qualify for the $2400 but I looked earlier for the requirements, found them, and we definitely qualify by a long way as we file jointly. Now, our pharmacist daughter, not sure but think she just squeaks in under the limit for a single person by just a hair but, she does qualify. And the other two, definitely qualify!

won't know until next year if you actually get anything, since it is a 2020 tax year credit. so she might get a small check now based on 2018 or 2019 (depending on last one filed) but have to give it back when filing the 2020 return. But on the flip side, some people might not get a check now, but will get a credit on the 2020 return if their income goes down.

My CPA hasn't quite gotten to ours yet as it's tradition to do ours last. Since she pays quarterly taxes anyways, all our refunds go into the next quarters payment, so I never see it come to our account. I just hope that we qualify for the $2400 but I looked earlier for the requirements, found them, and we definitely qualify by a long way as we file jointly. Now, our pharmacist daughter, not sure but think she just squeaks in under the limit for a single person by just a hair but, she does qualify. And the other two, definitely qualify!

You mean the money that was yours to begin with? :wink:

If we don't get our taxes filed before the gov't does their calculations, and they use our 2018 returns, we won't get the full amount. Stepdaughter will get the full amount.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator