Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

I spotted a NEW (insert make/model) today!

Comments

• stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,440
    A new Supra drove past my house yesterday. Sharp looking in person. And low.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,891
    stickguy said:

A new Supra drove past my house yesterday. Sharp looking in person. And low.

I saw one yesterday or the day before, as well. Didn't seem too impressive in person. It was a dark gray. I actually, for a split second, thought it was just an FRS.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,217
    Saw one at the car show.. Roof looks tacked on. You can tell they built the car as a convertible (BMW Z4)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,097
    Not brand new, but I saw a blue G-Wagen 4x4x4x4x4x4x4x4x4x4 in city traffic today.
    Saw a CX-30 today, it's a CUV. Also 2x Mazda3 super blindspot edition.
  • laurasdadalaurasdada Member Posts: 4,686
    Went to a Mazda CX-30 intro event at my local Mazda dealer Thursday night. Surprisingly large crowd (small showroom, though) and well catered; enjoyed a fabulous grilled cheese BLT, cheeseburger and crab cake sliders as well as cupcakes... Good swag, nice waterbottles and a few tchothkes.
    CX-30 should be a winner, as I posted elsewhere a seemingly roomier and, to me, better looking 3.

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)

Sat in it yesterday. It was very nice and roomy enough to be comfortable. A little too small for us to use it as a primary vehicle.

• texasestexases Member Posts: 10,685
    I followed a new MB E300 for a bit. Nothing unusual, but I've seen very few new E class. See lots of MB CUVs, of course, and a fair number of C class sedans, but very few E class sedans, which used to be their bread and butter.
    edited February 2020
    Not too surprised. The only data I immediately find, for Q4 2019, combined all car-type E variants (including CLS) with sales down 29.1% YOY. Meanwhile, GLE sales were up 45.9%. C-class car sales were down 12.7%.

It's the segment, apparently. 5er sales were down 34.6%, A6 only 3% (but less than half the volume of others), and Lexus GS sales down 44.1%, with a mere 808 units sold.
    Geez, I'd better buy my new sedan while they still exist...

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)

• explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,256
    @laurasdada,
    I bought my MKZ because they are going to stop making them, but I didn't want an end of the run car.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,856
    First one I've seen in the wild.

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

I’ve seen a bunch recently. A couple live near me. Must be selling some!

Saw a newish Model S today, pearl white with aftermarket wheels. I didn't hate it, somehow the package worked.
  • andres3andres3 Member Posts: 13,729
    I saw a new looking Mustang GT350 and it looked sharp and menacing. Not fake sporty menacing like a Hyundai, but real deal-like.

Don't see these actually being driven on the freeway like I did today. Rare sighting.
    '15 Audi Misano Red Pearl S4, '16 Audi TTS Daytona Gray Pearl, Wife's '19 VW Tiguan SEL 4-Motion
    Saw a new Supra today, pulling out of a BMW dealer lot, which I found amusing.
    I love that neat design map light!

I remember that map light as a kid. I can’t remember if my Dad’s 86 Shelby Charger had or the 87 Shadow Turbo. Heck maybe both had it.

Sorry, I posted in the wrong thread, but glad it was enjoyed, like I did. :'(
    My brother's first car was an 85 K-Car (ca. 1995), it or his Sundance Duster may have had that light, it's really familiar to me, as well.

Must have been an era for map lights. I remember my mom's Tempo had a map light on a stalk that was hinged on the roof like behind the rear view mirror/dome light area.
  • ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,032
    I must have missed previous chatter on this. It looks somewhat appealing. https://www.caranddriver.com/ford/fusion-wagon

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

• qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,891
    ab348 said:

I must have missed previous chatter on this. It looks somewhat appealing. https://www.caranddriver.com/ford/fusion-wagon

I’ll take a Sport model with 2.7TT, please.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

edited March 2020
    So today was F8 Green Dodge day.

Saw the Trifecta.

Dealer tagged Durango
    Charger
    Challenger

What are the odds of seeing all three in this (rare) exact same color all with my “favorite” black wheels.

Saw a new unplated facelift Q7 today, at Whole Foods of course.
    First pics of the new Hyundai Elantra:

• texasestexases Member Posts: 10,685
    Nice, except for the 'keep out' bar between the passenger and driver...
    Over the weekend, at night, a new Sonata.
    Easy to tell by the lighting.
    The guy in the left left turn lane, in a few years old Sonata, was staring at it as it went by and didn't realize the light had turned green until he started getting honked at by the other cars in his lane. :p
    Had to run an errand, had some cabin fever, stopped by the MB dealer for a lookie-loo. Nothing too exciting in the new section, I did notice a couple GLBs - MSRP in the low 40s, another niche is found, it's just substantial enough that it may sell. Used area was more interesting - brown 15 S63, magno (matte) grey E63 wagon with full carbon fiber package, 14 E63 sedan with wheels I've never seen before (multispoke usually seen in black, these were silver), 17 C43 coupe in rare diamond silver, a couple of G wagens (AMG, unfortunately, but one had a top line designo and carbon fiber interior). Also walked over to the Porsche lot, didn't see anything eletric, did see a pile of Cayenne coupes, a couple of leftover 19 911 turbos with "sale" prices of less than 10% off MSRP, likely rare XC90 Polestar in blue on the used side.
    This..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

I could live with one of those. not the payments though.

• imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,132
    kyfdx said:

This..

Is that a Cincy photo? Under the Columbia Pkwy extension with P&G towers in the background?

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

Saw a white Supra on the road today, the new BMW one.

kyfdx said:

This..

Is that a Cincy photo? Under the Columbia Pkwy extension with P&G towers in the background?
    Good eye.. Parking lot off Eggleston. That's one of the domes on the right, and I think the Deloitte building straight ahead (formerly, Chiquita building).

The photo is from my son, who was riding his bicycle over that way.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

while out walking earlier, got passed by a nice red Supra. to me, looks better in person than in pictures.

My new walking route takes me down what was known as "auto row" here, with 5 dealers still there I think (mostly AutoNation, because legalized monopoly). I noticed every Ford on the lot had its driver's window down an inch or two - dozens of cars. Some kind of Corona thing? Volvo had a bunch of S60s but all beigegrey save for one red (they have what seems like 100 XC cars at an offsite lot). Ford dealer also has a somewhat miled up but very clean and nicely basic spec older G-Wagen in the used car backlot.
  • andres3andres3 Member Posts: 13,729
    Some people's RS6 orders might be delayed due to the Virus. 1st world problems.
    '15 Audi Misano Red Pearl S4, '16 Audi TTS Daytona Gray Pearl, Wife's '19 VW Tiguan SEL 4-Motion
    edited March 2020
    My heart breaks for those poor souls.
    At the MB dealer now for the 1 year service on the wagon. I'm the only one waiting. Service adviser told me the techs are here just waiting for work, so it should be quick. No free food B)

There's a new non-AMG G-wagen sitting on the now-closed showroom floor. I'll probably saunter over and take a look.
    edited March 2020
    And it's locked, damn. Dark grey on dark grey/black designo manufaktur interior, multispoke wheels, non-AMG "plain" G550, 155K MSRP. Not my first color choice, but I like it otherwise.

I'm still the only customer here, which will be something to remember as this is a busy dealer.
    One other customer arrived as I was leaving, Service adviser said their daily bookings have gone from 100+ to ~10. He liked my car, too, asked if it was a custom order, complimented the condition.

Showroom was full, had something from almost every model IIRC. That grey non-AMG G would be my pick.
    I notice the Ford dealer on my walking route has a ton of Explorer STs in stock, seems like 20 or more, I thought those would be uncommon. Nothing else new seems unusual on my walking route past a few dealerships, other than the Caddy dealer having a crapton of new Escalades, the end of the line before the new model coming up.

I also notice the Ford dealer is shuffling used cars around every couple days, so someone is working somewhere.
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,144
    fintail said:

I notice the Ford dealer on my walking route has a ton of Explorer STs in stock, seems like 20 or more, I thought those would be uncommon. Nothing else new seems unusual on my walking route past a few dealerships, other than the Caddy dealer having a crapton of new Escalades, the end of the line before the new model coming up.

I also notice the Ford dealer is shuffling used cars around every couple days, so someone is working somewhere.

About half the requests I get for Explorers are for the ST trim.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

I walked by again today and didn't notice a single non-ST Explorer. I guess I assumed they'd be something uncommon.

Nothing else of note on the lot, Expedition supply seems high, but no doubt nothing is selling right now.
    Michaell said:

About half the requests I get for Explorers are for the ST trim.

A lot of early reviews were mixed too.

Avalon TRD, even weirder than I thought.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTTZswKtJ04
    The biggest problem I have with the Avalon is the front grill. I can't get past it and would never own that style because of it.

Having said that... I really don't mind the TRD treatment. It looks pretty sharp along the sides, even with the black wheels.

It is a bit of a sin to do all that work and not massage more power out of the engine. The 2GR is a pretty sweet engine as is, but a sport model should have more power.

To wrap up, this is not the first time Toyota did a sport Avalon. In 2005+ they had a Touring version with charcoal wheels, a spoiler and a stiffer suspension.

Hard to believe that Toyota made cars that had no excess styling.
    Current version Ford GT; black with silver stripes. Perhaps a Patriot? (I live just down the road from Gillette Stadium).

On a street that connects to my street a freshly washed Challenger Hellcat.
    House usually has a parked Raptor in the driveway, not sure if the Challie is an add on.