Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Pull ahead A3 to A4 Lease offer

bassmiesternjbassmiesternj Member Posts: 48
edited April 2020 in Audi
Current leased 2017 A3 is over miles and subject to $5,382.00 in mileage penalties with 12 months still remaining on the lease at $499/month.

Audi dealer is offering me a new 36-month lease for an 2019 A4 Premium Plus MSRP $47,995.00.

Terms: $6,000.00 down, dealer will take care of remaining payments on the A3 and all mileage penalties.

So basically, I hand over $6k now and drive away in a new A4.

NOTE: my driving no longer requires as many miles as I put on the A3

Thoughts ?
Tagged:

Comments

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,253

Current leased 2017 A3 is over miles and subject to $5,382.00 in mileage penalties with 12 months still remaining on the lease at $499/month.

Audi dealer is offering me a new 36-month lease for an 2019 A4 Premium Plus MSRP $47,995.00.

Terms: $6,000.00 down, dealer will take care of remaining payments on the A3 and all mileage penalties.

So basically, I hand over $6k now and drive away in a new A4.

NOTE: my driving no longer requires as many miles as I put on the A3

Thoughts ?

You do realize that the $6000 down is exactly the amount the remaining payments are on the A3 ($499 * 12).

So, the dealer isn't "taking care" of the remaining payments - you are.

Let's break this down further.

What is the selling price on the new A4?
    What is the adjusted cap cost, with taxes and fees rolled in?
    What is your ZIP code?
    Is it only $6K out of pocket, or $6K plus first payment, registration costs, etc.?
    Most importantly, what payment are you being quoted for the new lease?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• bassmiesternjbassmiesternj Member Posts: 48
    Ok good points.

Yes the $6,000 down equals the remaining payments but it does get me out of the $5,382 in penalties on over miles. Also, if I stay in the existing lease for 12 more months that number will go up (not as dramatically because I'm driving less but still will be more a year from now)

The A4 is $599 per month 36 months. $6k down plus first payment.

Zip is 07465

I'll ask for the other details.

Ok good points.

Yes the $6,000 down equals the remaining payments but it does get me out of the $5,382 in penalties on over miles. Also, if I stay in the existing lease for 12 more months that number will go up (not as dramatically because I'm driving less but still will be more a year from now)

The A4 is $599 per month 36 months. $6k down plus first payment.

Zip is 07465

I'll ask for the other details.

If you think the mileage charge at the end of the lease is going to be more than $11,382, then exit the lease early; otherwise, ride out the lease to the end, and you can still start the new lease with $6000 out of pocket.

I'm guessing the mileage charge at lease end will be nowhere near $11K.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

If I do this deal now, I don't have to pay the $5,382 in penalties. So there is no $11k.

I put the $6k down and lease the new A4 for $599/month.

If I do this deal now, I don't have to pay the $5,382 in penalties. So there is no $11k.

I put the $6k down and lease the new A4 for $599/month.

Without all the details behind the deal, I'm not sure that's the case.

But, it's your money, and your decision. :wink:

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

$6k includes all DMV fees and upfront cost. So, $6k plus first month = total out of pocket.
    $599.00 per month includes taxes.

$6k includes all DMV fees and upfront cost. So, $6k plus first month = total out of pocket.
    $599.00 per month includes taxes.

Ask the dealer for a copy of the lease worksheet; that will help us break things down better.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator