Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2020 Volvo XC40 T5 R-Design

donaldjdonaldj Member Posts: 13
edited April 2020 in Volvo
Hello,

Could you please provide the current residual value, money factor and any incentives, rebates, cash, etc. for a 2020 Volvo XC40 T5 R-Design. Looking at a 36 month lease with 10k miles/year. Thank you! DJ

Comments

• Options
    My zip code is 10595. Thx
  • Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,305
    donaldj said:

Hello,

Could you please provide the current residual value, money factor and any incentives, rebates, cash, etc. for a 2020 Volvo XC40 T5 R-Design. Looking at a 36 month lease with 10k miles/year. Thank you! DJ

donaldj said:

My zip code is 10595. Thx

.00110 and 59%
    $2000 incentives

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    Great. Thanks Michael. Will see what kind of deals May brings.
  • Options
    Hi Michaell,

I have a quote from my local dealer on a lease for a 2020 Volvo XC40 T5 R-Design. Hoping you have a few minutes to give me your POV on the numbers. I live in New York.

3 year lease with 10k miles/year
    MSRP $46,250
    Selling price $40,950 (~13% off MSRP)
    Add'l cap items $995 (bank fee)
    Taxes $0 ($1,464 in taxes rolled into the monthly payments)
    Gross Cap cost $41,495
    Cap cost reduction $2,000 (rebate for first responder/medical personnel)
    Adjusted cap cost $39,945
    RV 59%
    MF .0011%
    Total DAS $850
    Monthly payment $472.74

Note: Paying taxes upfront increases my DAS to $2,229.82 and the monthly payment drops to $425.54. I am leaning towards this scenario for the lower monthly payment.

Dealer also said Volvo currently has a $2k allowance on the R-Design. Not sure where that comes into play in the numbers above.

Thank you Michaell

DJ

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,185
    donaldj said:

Hi Michaell,

I have a quote from my local dealer on a lease for a 2020 Volvo XC40 T5 R-Design. Hoping you have a few minutes to give me your POV on the numbers. I live in New York.

3 year lease with 10k miles/year
    MSRP $46,250
    Selling price $40,950 (~13% off MSRP)
    Add'l cap items $995 (bank fee)
    Taxes $0 ($1,464 in taxes rolled into the monthly payments)
    Gross Cap cost $41,495
    Cap cost reduction $2,000 (rebate for first responder/medical personnel)
    Adjusted cap cost $39,945
    RV 59%
    MF .0011%
    Total DAS $850
    Monthly payment $472.74

Note: Paying taxes upfront increases my DAS to $2,229.82 and the monthly payment drops to $425.54. I am leaning towards this scenario for the lower monthly payment.

Dealer also said Volvo currently has a $2k allowance on the R-Design. Not sure where that comes into play in the numbers above.

Thank you Michaell

DJ

.00110 MF and 59% residual
    $2000 lease bonus

Typo for your Gross CAP: $41,945

I agree with the payment w/o taxes.

That looks like a pretty good deal. I would pay the taxes upfront, as NYS has an anomaly where you pay more tax, if you roll it in (plus, subject it to the finance charges).

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Hello - just to close this out. I was able to negotiate a lower monthly payment of $398.00 with taxes paid upfront so overall pretty happy with this deal. Picked up the vehicle today and love it.
  • Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,305
    donaldj said:

Hello - just to close this out. I was able to negotiate a lower monthly payment of $398.00 with taxes paid upfront so overall pretty happy with this deal. Picked up the vehicle today and love it.

Congrats!

Thanks for the report.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4