Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2020 Stinger GT1 AWD Lease then Buyout

a_jayea_jaye Member Posts: 14
edited May 2020 in Kia
In searching for a new vehicle, a dealer proposed I lease the vehicle and then transfer to financing from a bank loan after 3 payments. Would this equate to a better deal on the vehicle or would I be paying the same/or more if I were to just finance from the start?

Lease terms are 24/10 or 36/12
Tagged:

Comments

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,252
    a_jaye said:

In searching for a new vehicle, a dealer proposed I lease the vehicle and then transfer to financing from a bank loan after 3 payments. Would this equate to a better deal on the vehicle or would I be paying the same/or more if I were to just finance from the start?

This is a popular option with the Stinger, as the lease incentives are so much larger than the purchase incentives.

What ZIP code?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• a_jayea_jaye Member Posts: 14
    Zip code is 20019
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,090
    a_jaye said:

a_jaye said:

Zip code is 20019

24/10: .00203 MF and 56% residual. $8600 lease cash
    36/12: .00179 MF and 50% residual. $7000 lease cash

If you are leasing, then buying out, be sure to take the 24 month term with the bigger incentive

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• a_jayea_jaye Member Posts: 14
    Thanks soooo much for the information.

So, will I face any fees or additional financial outlays if I switch to financing after a few payments on the lease?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,090
    a_jaye said:

Thanks soooo much for the information.

So, will I face any fees or additional financial outlays if I switch to financing after a few payments on the lease?

Not likely, but KMF will likely not finance your buyout. You'll have to find financing on your own.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator