Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Did I get a good lease deal for my 2020 bmw 330xi?

MacioMacio Member Posts: 45
edited May 2020 in BMW
I have just agreed to lease 2020 bmw 330 xi. Demo car with 4000 miles. Msrp 51,410.
I was looking for other cars like g70 3.3 sport but had really hard time to find a car and a good Lease deal vs even last December prices and inventory is very limited.

I agreed for $1,500 down and $521.14 monthly including tax. Total lease cost incl tax $19,740 exactly.

I have impression I could do better but same time inventory is limited there is no much cars you can chose from if You want the car exactly or close to like I do so I feel I did the best I could.

Let me know what you think. Appreciate perspective in the context of today market situation.

Thank you
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,315
    Macio said:

I have just agreed to lease 2020 bmw 330 xi. Demo car with 4000 miles. Msrp 51,410.
    I was looking for other cars like g70 3.3 sport but had really hard time to find a car and a good Lease deal vs even last December prices and inventory is very limited.

I agreed for $1,500 down and $521.14 monthly including tax. Total lease cost incl tax $19,740 exactly.

I have impression I could do better but same time inventory is limited there is no much cars you can chose from if You want the car exactly or close to like I do so I feel I did the best I could.

Let me know what you think. Appreciate perspective in the context of today market situation.

Thank you

If you've signed the paperwork, there isn't much we can really say.

Do you know the selling price?
    What is your ZIP code?

It's a very strange market, at the moment. There were lots of great deals due to the pandemic, but supply is also affected by the factories being shut down. Dealers don't seem to be as willing to deal.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    I paid deposit but have not signed papers yet.
    Zip 45242
    Selling price $44,000
    Applied incentives $1,750
    Doc fee $250
    They gave me slightly higher MF .00158 vs 0.00118
    They even sent me screen shot from they lease system “ lease worksheet” with all inputs.
    So looks like they are transparent.

Generally they did not want to negotiate lower. believe me I tried and all other bmw local dealers did not come even close to this deal.

What do you think?
  • Options
    Macio said:

I paid deposit but have not signed papers yet.
    Zip 45242
    Selling price $44,000
    Applied incentives $1,750
    Doc fee $250
    They gave me slightly higher MF .00158 vs 0.00118
    They even sent me screen shot from they lease system “ lease worksheet” with all inputs.
    So looks like they are transparent.

Generally they did not want to negotiate lower. believe me I tried and all other bmw local dealers did not come even close to this deal.

What do you think?

It's an OK deal - the marked up MF isn't doing you any favors.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• Options
    Thanks for perspective! I think this is part of my small cincinnati market.

Any advise :-) what I can try to do in the very last minute when I seat in the finance office at dealership and review the lease agreement?

I could still try to push them to lower the MF to .00118. Anything else?

Thanks again
  • Options
    Macio said:

Thanks for perspective! I think this is part of my small cincinnati market.

Any advise :-) what I can try to do in the very last minute when I seat in the finance office at dealership and review the lease agreement?

I could still try to push them to lower the MF to .00118. Anything else?

Thanks again

I'd negotiate the MF long before you sit down in the finance office.

Have you expanded your search range - Louisville, Lexington, Columbus, etc?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    I was looking for G70 3.3 sport like that across all Cities Cincinnati, Louisville, Lexington, Columbus in the last 2-3 weeks and I have not got anything interesting and really there is not much inventory. That's why I moved to BMW and checked 3-4 dealers locally in Cincinnati and Dayton only. I still have probably 5-7 days time so can try to check broader range to your point. It is overwhelming after while :-)

Again thanks for all conversation. I think generally in small market like Cincinnati with all pandemic situation inventory element starts to play bigger role especially in premium cars and dealers are not willing to loose money or go down really on profit yet. May be situation changes in 2-3 months when new 2021 inventory starts coming to the lots.

thanks again for your time!
  • Options
    Just to up-date you. I have checked all demo inventory in all Louisville, Lexington, Columbus BMW dealerships and there is literary 5-6 total cars available and nothing what fits me. so I think again in my market this is the best I can get right now even this is OK deal. Sometimes the best deal at the moment is not the best ever :-)

Anyway I will take this deal and enjoy my car when there is so many challenges with all pandemic in this world right now. Have a great long weekend!