Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chronic Car Buyers Anonymous

Comments

• tifightertifighter Member Posts: 3,604
    I just fit in the Miata NC - the ND isn't as comfortable for me. The TT roadster is nicely packaged with good people room, a nice trunk size for a tour while still being something like 165" long. I like the look, too. Carplay isn't standard, so keep an eye out for the package that includes it. I was looking at this one -

TT Roadster

23 Civic Type-R / 22 MDX Type-S / 21 Tesla Y LR / 03 Montero Ltd

• 28firefighter28firefighter Member Posts: 9,385
    Michaell said:

Had the Outback in for 1 year maintenance. 5k miles. Probably 3000 off our norm because of COVID.

Only abnormality is some coolant needed to be added. Seems strange for 5k miles. Something to keep an eye on.

My Subaru dealer is emailing me weekly about coming in for service. I think we've put 3-4K on it since the last one, so I don't feel like I'm in too much of a hurry.
    I’m only being particular because it’s a lease and I don’t want to get dinged for it later.
    2022 Tesla Model Y Performance, 2018 BMW M240i Convertible, 2015 Audi Q5 TDI
  • breldbreld Member Posts: 6,710
    tifighter said:

I just fit in the Miata NC - the ND isn't as comfortable for me. The TT roadster is nicely packaged with good people room, a nice trunk size for a tour while still being something like 165" long. I like the look, too. Carplay isn't standard, so keep an eye out for the package that includes it. I was looking at this one -

TT Roadster

Nice - I have a few white roadsters saved on my cars.com list.

2024 Audi Q8 e-tron - 2024 Corvette - 2024 BMW X5 - 2023 Tesla Model Y

• oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,646
    stickguy said:

both Audis look nice. but I'm too risk averse to go with an older TT Audi.

how about this? Too slow?

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/806999113/overview/

That’s not a bad price for those miles.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

The TT just doesn’t do it for me, but I do like the quilted seat look.
    tifighter said:

Before someone else posts it, my response is just no-

With the extra doors it’s certainly unique.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• andres3andres3 Member Posts: 13,729
    tifighter said:

TT Roadster

How much is a roadster worth extra to you all? You can get a TTS coupe used, for about the same price, and the TTS has everything better than the TT.
    '15 Audi Misano Red Pearl S4, '16 Audi TTS Daytona Gray Pearl, Wife's '19 VW Tiguan SEL 4-Motion
    andres3 said:

tifighter said:

TT Roadster

How much is a roadster worth extra to you all? You can get a TTS coupe used, for about the same price, and the TTS has everything better than the TT.
    Fun uber alles, so roadster every time.

This weekend's random craigslist posting needs a whole lada love. But you'll stand out at your local ORV park.

They’re doing a complimentary 27 point inspection. I can’t wait to see what they find.
  • roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,347
    edited May 2020

They’re doing a complimentary 27 point inspection. I can’t wait to see what they find.

Sadly, it will likely be a far cry from my SA, who tells me things like "You have a power steering hose seeping a bit, I wouldn't replace it until it starts to drip- and that probably won't happen for another 50,000 miles."

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

• mjfloyd1mjfloyd1 Member Posts: 3,271

tifighter said:

Before someone else posts it, my response is just no-

With the extra doors it’s certainly unique.
    Sometimes unique is not good...
  • fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,138
    I like the Lada, but I wonder where it came from, and that bodywork scares me a bit. Those were sold in Canada well into the 90s, and although they can rust , I know there are survivors, I used to see them in BC not infrequently.
  • stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,511
    that is pretty cool. kinda a Russian Suzuki Samarai I guess. The winch is goofy (looks like it might tip onto its nose) but what the heck.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

I don't think so. but put it on BaT and find out!

this is a fantastic car. I could enjoy it. wonder what it ends up going for?

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2008-saleen-s281/

I oddly have an affinity for this beast too. Though I suspect it actually drives like crap. But it is unique.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1989-dodge-shelby-dakota-pick-up-5/

Not to me. But, according to a friend in the UK, those defenders can bring stupid money.
    tifighter said:

andres3 said:

tifighter said:

TT Roadster

“Uber Alles”? But your Teslas are American not German.😄

Speaking of fun, this guy seems to be having the time of his life.

The title question is asked frequently of me by my wife.

https://youtu.be/KV-uoRr2BJU

tifighter said:

This weekend's random craigslist posting needs a whole lada love. But you'll stand out at your local ORV park.

Fiat engineering, Soviet manufacturing, zero spare parts. What could possibly go wrong?

stickguy said:

I oddly have an affinity for this beast too. Though I suspect it actually drives like crap. But it is unique.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1989-dodge-shelby-dakota-pick-up-5/

I really like that Saleen. When you see that the supercharged 4.6L only gets you the horsepower of a 2018 base GT you realize how far engines advanced in 10 years. With 3:73 gears I bet it moves.

Hoovie definitely living the dream. And dang, that is a nice garage.

stickguy said:

DG was my childhood hero; my wife told me to go ahead and bid on it; let's see how high it goes...

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

There's also a Parnelli Jones edition which has 1970 styling cues.

• nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,418

Sadly, it will likely be a far cry from my SA, who tells me things like "You have a power steering hose seeping a bit, I wouldn't replace it until it starts to drip- and that probably won't happen for another 50,000 miles."
    About a month or so ago, I had my wife bring her Pilot to the dealer for an oil change & tire rotation. In addition to that, the car called for a rear differential fluid change which I declined. They also said the brakes are dangerously low and needed to be replaced immediately. I politely declined knowing that I was going to bring it to my
    Mechanic in the not too distant future. He checked the brakes & said there is still 20% pad life left. You should be good for another 8-10K miles. He said to bring it in if they start squealing or shuddering.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• rayainswrayainsw Member Posts: 3,192
    "It’s Official: Hertz Files for Bankruptcy Protection"
    2022 X3 M40i
  • Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,968
    OF, spoke with my lead and no word on coming back. He did say North Florida is back to work so am thinking that possibly June 1st could be our first day back. Just wondering how many of those sitting vehicles are dead and will need to be jumped? Not complaining about getting UI each week, but would rather be out driving somewhere than stuck here at home. Only good thing is I've maybe driven the Golf 100 miles these past two months and used almost no petrol! And all plans to replace the Golf have now been shelved because it ain't necessary at this juncture. The 0% financing does look tempting though, as I've never been able to time any purchase when the 0% was in effect.

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

andres3 said:

tifighter said:

TT Roadster

Oh I’m definitely considering a TTS as well. If I decide to go with a coupe, it seems they are only $2-3k higher than a regular TT coupe, so I’m sure I’d kick myself if I didn’t.

I figured as my search got more serious I’d hit you up for info on your experience and any suggestions on what to look for in a TTS. They all seem to be pretty similar other than the wheels and maybe seats. What year is yours and is there a particular year to target (or avoid)?

I have a thing for Audi’s Vegas Yellow.

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/801302204/overview/

Funny thing is (though I imagine you all would understand), I’d be okay getting the yellow in a TTS, but not so much in a TT.

But Sepang Blue with black optic. That’s what I really want.

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/808252311/overview/

I like both colors. I had a few different yellow cars back in my younger days, and would be happy to get another one. On the right car of course.

• corvettecorvette Member Posts: 10,261
    Black and grey interiors, though. Did they offer anything more colorful? Red seats with black trim and carpet would look nice with either exterior color.

stickguy said:

DG was my childhood hero; my wife told me to go ahead and bid on it; let's see how high it goes...

Too bad GG sold his Cobra Mustang. You two could drag race.

OF, spoke with my lead and no word on coming back. He did say North Florida is back to work so am thinking that possibly June 1st could be our first day back. Just wondering how many of those sitting vehicles are dead and will need to be jumped? Not complaining about getting UI each week, but would rather be out driving somewhere than stuck here at home. Only good thing is I've maybe driven the Golf 100 miles these past two months and used almost no petrol! And all plans to replace the Golf have now been shelved because it ain't necessary at this juncture. The 0% financing does look tempting though, as I've never been able to time any purchase when the 0% was in effect.

Those dead batteries are a pain but it’s a lot easier up here jumping them in June than in January.

I’m thinking of doing an office visit on Monday to talk to the boss about his timeline for call backs. I know they are down to guys with 5-6 years seniority vs my two.

Took the Tundra for a spin this afternoon to burn up some miles on my lease. It seems to have some sort of torque management in place, as the 1-2 shift occurs below 5,000 RPM, which is well short of the redline.

Bought a ratcheting cargo bar with a net for holding things in place in the bed. Should work well for stuff which doesn't have to be protected from the weather, or for pretty much anything when it's not raining.

I think the redesigned 2021 or 2022 Tundra will have a variant of the twin-turbo V6 from the Lexus LS as the volume engine. Not sure whether they will offer a hybrid or plug-in.
    @corvette - I have one of those bars that my friend with a 1500 Denali gave me. It is helpful.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

I obviously took the Pilot to work on Friday. It drives great compared to my truck. Instead of taking an Uber to work from the mechanic, I put the rack on the back of the Pilot and rode the 2.62 miles to work and then 2.62 miles back after work at the end of the day. Saved money, got some exercise.

corvette said:

Black and grey interiors, though. Did they offer anything more colorful? Red seats with black trim and carpet would look nice with either exterior color.

I’ve seen a few with red interiors. It is nice. I’ve even seen a couple silver roadsters with a blue interior. And there’s also a brown.

breld said:

But Sepang Blue with black optic. That’s what I really want.

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/808252311/overview/

Just based on color I’d take the blue one. I usually like yellow on sporty cars but it doesn’t quite work on that TT.

nyccarguy said:

@corvette - I have one of those bars that my friend with a 1500 Denali gave me. It is helpful.

I’m trying to avoid investing in a tonneau cover since it’s only a 24 month lease and there is supposed to be a redesigned model at the time I would get a replacement, so even if I planned to lease another one, it’s unlikely the cover would fit it.
    When I had my nissan PU for about a year, I did put a bedliner in. But did not have a cover. If I ever get another PU I think it would have to have a cover too.

• graphicguygraphicguy Member Posts: 13,665

tifighter said:

andres3 said:

tifighter said:

TT Roadster

“Uber Alles”? But your Teslas are American not German.😄

Speaking of fun, this guy seems to be having the time of his life.

The title question is asked frequently of me by my wife.

https://youtu.be/KV-uoRr2BJU
    Watched that last night. Good episode and a touching tribute to his Grandmother.
    2023 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring
  • graphicguygraphicguy Member Posts: 13,665
    edited May 2020

stickguy said:

Too bad GG sold his Cobra Mustang. You two could drag race.

My Stinger would absolutely smoke my old Cobra! So would that Saleen!
    2023 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring
    but the Cobra would sound much better, and be way cooler!

corvette said:

nyccarguy said:

I’m trying to avoid investing in a tonneau cover since it’s only a 24 month lease and there is supposed to be a redesigned model at the time I would get a replacement, so even if I planned to lease another one, it’s unlikely the cover would fit it.
    I’m with you. My truck doesn’t have running boards or side steps. I don’t want to invest the money or time to install for my short 24 month lease. Only 16 months to go!

• pensfan83pensfan83 Member Posts: 2,555
    The dealer split an aftermarket tonneau cover with me. It'll stay with the truck when we turn it in...or if we get another one transfer it.
    1997 Honda Prelude Base - 2022 Acura MDX Type S Advance - 2021 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road - 2006 BMW 330Ci ZHP
  • explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,304
    I bought an expensive tri fold hard cover.
    It's a total piece of crap. Leaks at the seams where the pieces meet.
    Power folding running boards are the best, though.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
    That Saleen is not-super quick, but it would hang with the current Mustang GT and M2.

isn't the Tacoma scheduled for a refresh soon? It's only about a decade overdue!