Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Purchase incentives

New_car_shopper1New_car_shopper1 Member Posts: 12
edited May 2020 in Mazda
Does anyone know if Mazda financial charges a fee when purchasing a vehicle with 0% APR and if the APR Customer Cash offered in conjunction is a rebate like normal customer cash? I have a dealer telling me with 0% the selling price goes up but that Mazda offers the APR Customer Cash to negate some of the price increase.

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760

Does anyone know if Mazda financial charges a fee when purchasing a vehicle with 0% APR and if the APR Customer Cash offered in conjunction is a rebate like normal customer cash? I have a dealer telling me with 0% the selling price goes up but that Mazda offers the APR Customer Cash to negate some of the price increase.

Which model and trim?

What is your location?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• New_car_shopper1New_car_shopper1 Member Posts: 12
    CX-9 AWD Touring (w/premium package). 95123 zip.

CX-9 AWD Touring (w/premium package). 95123 zip.

Standard rate or 3rd party financing
    $1500 Mazda to dealer incentive
    $500 customer rebate

0% 60 month financing
    $0 Mazda to dealer incentive
    $1000 customer rebate

Net cost to customer who opts for 0% financing: $1000.

That's still a good deal for the financing.
    Assuming $40K financed at 3.5% APR, the interest paid would be $3660 over the 60 months.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thanks. That is REALLY helpful to know. The price increase I am seeing is the differential from the "lost" Mazda to dealer incentive.

Would you happen to know if I paid cash, if the dealer still gets that $1,500 Mazda to dealer incentive or is that only if I finance at standard rate or 3rd party?

Thanks. That is REALLY helpful to know. The price increase I am seeing is the differential from the "lost" Mazda to dealer incentive.

Would you happen to know if I paid cash, if the dealer still gets that $1,500 Mazda to dealer incentive or is that only if I finance at standard rate or 3rd party?

Cash, third party finance, or Mazda standard finance rates. The dealer gets $1500 on all.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

What are your thoughts on $35.5K ($41K MSPR) before taxes and fees with the 0% APR?

What are your thoughts on $35.5K ($41K MSPR) before taxes and fees with the 0% APR?

Sorry, no idea on pricing.

Edmunds price tools:
    https://www.edmunds.com/new-cars/

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

kyfdx said:

Sorry, no idea on pricing.

Edmunds price tools:
    https://www.edmunds.com/new-cars/
    No problem, I appreciate the information you were able to share!