Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

TPS Wiring Issue...HELP PLEASE!

1badbethee11badbethee1 Member Posts: 1
edited May 2020 in Toyota
We have a 1992 Toyota 4 runner V6. The wires came out of the plug that goes to the TPS. The wires are not the same color as shown in the repair books. Does anyone know how I can find out where each of the 4 wires go to which number on the plug?

Comments

• thecardoc3thecardoc3 Member Posts: 5,745
    Pin #4 is a Green/Black wire that is the 5v reference. It is the same wire that also goes to pin #4 of the vane airflow meter.
    Pin #3 is a Yellow wire that is the throttle signal.
    Pin #2 is a Yellow/White wire that is the idle switch.
    Pin #1 is a Brown/Black wire that is the ground circuit. It is the same wire that goes to several sensors including pin #5 of the vane air meter. (includes Coolant Temperature Sensor, EGR Temperature Sensor)

Sometimes it helps to lightly spray the wires with brake cleaner and wipe them off to get to see the colors as they originally were when the car was built.
  • kliford2kliford2 Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2020
    you do a marvelous job explaining car systems and how to deal with them. I am thinking about putting you in my will.
    Tutoapp 9Apps Showbox