Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Porsche Protection plans

GarveyCoastGarveyCoast Member Posts: 3
edited June 2020 in Porsche
I'm closing on a Panamera 4. During the closing process , the dealer offered a variety of protection plans (wheels, dings and paint chips, keys, gap etc.) Curious if anyone has purchased any of these, how much they paid and if you feel like it was worth it?

Comments

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,284

I'm closing on a Panamera 4. During the closing process , the dealer offered a variety of protection plans (wheels, dings and paint chips, keys, gap etc.) Curious if anyone has purchased any of these, how much they paid and if you feel like it was worth it?

Me? I'd pass on it all.

GAP should be included in the lease.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,100

Buy or lease?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• GarveyCoastGarveyCoast Member Posts: 3
    Thank you, will do.
  • GarveyCoastGarveyCoast Member Posts: 3
    @kyfdx
    So I'm buying not leasing. I'm leaning toward not purchasing but I'll be honest the car is just so dang beautiful that I'm tempted to purchase the ding and chip protection to just make sure that it stays that way.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,100

@kyfdx
    So I'm buying not leasing. I'm leaning toward not purchasing but I'll be honest the car is just so dang beautiful that I'm tempted to purchase the ding and chip protection to just make sure that it stays that way.

Mostly, they sell those insurance plans to lessees, who are worried about end-of-lease charges.

If you can afford to purchase a Panamera, you'll be way ahead by paying for those items as you need them. Plans sold in the F&I office are rarely good deals.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator