Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Edmunds Members - Cars and Conversations

Comments

• fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,167
    Sometimes a SM choosing something weird can be good - makes for a fair deal on a leftover. That's what happened with my prior car, for some reason they ordered a fairly optioned up dark blue on brown E-class - diesel. Dieselheads generally don't choose loaded cars. It sat on the backlot for about a year. When it came time to deal, they let me pull forward 9 months early and 20% off MSRP just to get it out of there. Best deal I'll probably ever have. If the color wasn't such an OCD nightmare to maintain, I might have kept it, good car.
    dino001 said:

This is rather unlikely for BMW and Benz, where they do use a system, where the dealer is responsible for the configuration order, within model allotments. They generally don't manufacture vehicles without somebody telling to, but I'm sure dealers are compelled to make certain number of orders regardless whether they think they would sell that number. The only thing is those pitch. In response I often hear "because it works", "look at our sales, "we have awesome profits, so why change", etc. This may be true, but don't capture number of people turning around and running screaming from those places. Lost opportunity is always very hard to measure, so most people don't even try. Essentially laziness always wins.

• tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,923
    My dad had a Horizon too. Charcoal grey over grey. 2.2 stick, AC. He replaced it with an 86 Shelby Charger, then an 87 Shadow ES turbo black over grey. The Shadow was fully loaded with a pop up sunroof.

My Uncle ran a Dodge dealer in the 80’s. Everyone drove Mopar.

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

• stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,550
    Our horizon was definitely the best snow car I ever drove.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

When I was looking at the bmw to order, dealer pulled out allocation sheet. They had assigned slots (certain number of each model) for each production run (I think monthly). With a definite cut off date to configure, or I think the factory did it. So if a customer claimed a spot, great, otherwise the dealer did it. And they could change up until a cut off date. And of course, if customers took all the model you wanted already, left with in stock or the next month.

Euro delivery worked the same way.

I wanted a fairly rare spec so a trade was not easy (5 speed stick was rare even then).

• dino001dino001 Member Posts: 6,165
    fintail said:

Sometimes a SM choosing something weird can be good - makes for a fair deal on a leftover. That's what happened with my prior car, for some reason they ordered a fairly optioned up dark blue on brown E-class - diesel. Dieselheads generally don't choose loaded cars. It sat on the backlot for about a year. When it came time to deal, they let me pull forward 9 months early and 20% off MSRP just to get it out of there. Best deal I'll probably ever have. If the color wasn't such an OCD nightmare to maintain, I might have kept it, good car.

dino001 said:

This is rather unlikely for BMW and Benz, where they do use a system, where the dealer is responsible for the configuration order, within model allotments. They generally don't manufacture vehicles without somebody telling to, but I'm sure dealers are compelled to make certain number of orders regardless whether they think they would sell that number. The only thing is those pitch. In response I often hear "because it works", "look at our sales, "we have awesome profits, so why change", etc. This may be true, but don't capture number of people turning around and running screaming from those places. Lost opportunity is always very hard to measure, so most people don't even try. Essentially laziness always wins.

Shhhh..., you're just killing my point. If all "weird options" end up like yours, we'll never see anything other than grey on grey :cry:

2018 430i Gran Coupe

• oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,666
    abacomike said:

nyccarguy said:

I was supposed to fly to Disney with my wife and kids next month. We cancelled our trip to Disney. I cancelled our flights and am receiving a full refund for the miles we used plus the fees we paid. Impressive Delta.

I am really surprised Disney and Universal have opened their parks and attractions in Orlando. The operating costs must be humongous with very few visitors entering their facilities. Those are two places I would never go to with this pandemic.

I pray every day that this virus peters out or that we get an effective vaccine to thwart it in its tracks.🤓
    I think I heard Dr. Fauci say today that trials begin in July for a vaccine. You could volunteer.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

edited June 2020
    dino001 said:

I’ve also heard that sometimes, like with the car rental companies, the manufacturer will offer a discount if the dealer takes a block of surplus inventory more or less sight unseen. Then the dealer expects the sales staff to move them.

This is rather unlikely for BMW and Benz, where they do use a system, where the dealer is responsible for the configuration order, within model allotments. They generally don't manufacture vehicles without somebody telling to, but I'm sure dealers are compelled to make certain number of orders regardless whether they think they would sell that number. The only thing is those SM at dealerships are just people with their tastes, prejudices, world view and their vision of market position. One guy may think strippers is a way to go, another may not want "payment buyers" loitering their showroom in large numbers. This can also be the owner as well. Here in Tampa Bay you can really see huge differences in stock trim/option/color profile between BMW dealerships for the same models. All I'm saying there is zero science behind that, it's all SMs "gut feel", prejudice and perhaps some past sales data, but more in self-fulfilling nature rather than actual quest for understanding the market.

On similar subject, I've always wondered why so many dealerships are such "old school" mindset, when you come in they don't know how to deal with a person that knows a little more about the product and/or has enough information and financial security that they can't be swayed by some silly four squares and "XX per month" pitch. In response I often hear "because it works", "look at our sales, "we have awesome profits, so why change", etc. This may be true, but don't capture number of people turning around and running screaming from those places. Lost opportunity is always very hard to measure, so most people don't even try. Essentially laziness always wins.
    Do you really think the average car buyer runs from those tactics? I went car shopping with my in-laws a few years back because they asked me. Because my wife made me promise I wouldn’t take over the buying process I had to sit and watch the old school hoedown play out in front of me. I had to watch the 4 square fandango and an offer from the dealer of sticker minus incentives. I tried to get them out of there but they were enthralled by the Jedi mind tricks. My relatives even told the salesman that they really, really needed a car right now. The best I could do was get them dealer installed leather seats at a discount.

I’m afraid old school works.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

fintail said:

My dad had a Horizon when I was a little kid. Two tone blue with a blue stripe and blue interior. Not sure about the complete spec, but it was stick, and I think it didn't have AC. He drove the doors off that car, and he loved it - it was really reliable too, I don't remember it having issues, while at the time my mom's old T-Bird was nearing the end of its road and showing it. I recall my dad saying it was the best snow car he ever drove, and it must have been a decent enough performer for what it was - I definitely remember him passing people in it. Probably one of the better choices of that era.

I had an 85 2.2 with the auto trans until someone turned left in front me, then I replaced it with a GHL version. Loved that car.

Yes they were great in the snow. The only time I got stuck was when I tried to bulldoze my way through a drift and both front wheels ended up spinning in the air.

• dino001dino001 Member Posts: 6,165
    edited June 2020
    abacomike said:

nyccarguy said:

I was supposed to fly to Disney with my wife and kids next month. We cancelled our trip to Disney. I cancelled our flights and am receiving a full refund for the miles we used plus the fees we paid. Impressive Delta.

I am really surprised Disney and Universal have opened their parks and attractions in Orlando. The operating costs must be humongous with very few visitors entering their facilities. Those are two places I would never go to with this pandemic.
    One has to be out of their mind to go anywhere with large number of people indoors in close proximity. I don't care what it is, theme park, wedding, campaign rally, sports event, or any other kind of convention. Just out of their mind, no matter old, young, even with masks. There are calculated risks that can and sometimes should be taken, but this is just not calculated risk, it's just jumping into a pool without checking if it's filled with water.

2018 430i Gran Coupe

I just want to finally dit down at a restaurant. Even outside works for me. And get back to a brewery. Again like outside.

But I’m fine skipping baseball games and stuff like that for now.

It may come down to enthusiasts doing special orders - until that option is removed, in a way I am surprised it exists for all but the most expensive cars. My current car met about 90% of my wishes, the little things being options probably requiring a special order, as normal people overlook them on most MBs.

Even though my local MB dealer is now AutoNation, they still seem to get some odd things in now and then - my wagon is a little out of the ordinary, and they usually have a car or two on the lot that catches my eye for being an unusual combination. I suspect there's a ranking manager at the dealership who is able to pick more than black or silver on black.
    dino001 said:

Shhhh..., you're just killing my point. If all "weird options" end up like yours, we'll never see anything other than grey on grey :cry:

• ventureventure Member Posts: 2,880
    stickguy said:

I just want to finally dit down at a restaurant. Even outside works for me. And get back to a brewery. Again like outside.

We have season tickets to our local AA baseball team. We missed it a lot at first, especially my wife for some reason. Now it's not so bad - got used to not going.

MLB is making a big mistake.

2020 Ascent Limited, 2024 Subaru Legacy Sport

I was just listening to some old music. Specifically A Whiter Shade of Pale and Don't Fear The Reaper. How in the world did music get from that to the crap we have now?

• abacomikeabacomike Member Posts: 12,258
    venture said:

I was just listening to some old music. Specifically A Whiter Shade of Pale and Don't Fear The Reaper. How in the world did music get from that to the crap we have now?

Because audiophiles come in many shapes and forms. I happen to enjoy listening to music at night after I turn off the bedroom light and put my ear pods in and punch up my iPhone music 🎶 🎼 library. I like the Jonas Brothers, the BeeGees, Pink, Ed Sheeran, Charlie Puth, the Eagles, R.E.M., ELO, Barbara Streisand, Gerry Rafferty, Jim Croce, to name a small sample of my favorite artists. Having eclectic tastes in music is a blessing. I also enjoy Light Classical music and The Vienna Boys Choir.

Of course I like listening to music from the 60's and 70's - but there are some great artists here in the 21st century as well. It all boils down to "taste"! 😜🤪🤓🎼

2021 Genesis G90

• andres3andres3 Member Posts: 13,729
    qbrozen said:

nyccarguy said:

Delta gave full travel credit for our return trips from Alaska. It is absurd to me that AC is going to charge a fee. And, no, I am not paying the fee. I’d rather eat the original tickets ($800) than give them another 50% upcharge for credit I may never use.
    Air Canada - you should make sure the fees is theirs and not some 3rd party making it up I booked with some online agency and cancelled within 24 hours. Full 100% refund. The internet site tried to say Air Canada charged them, which isn't true, there's a 24 hour cancellation "for any reason" grace period.
    '15 Audi Misano Red Pearl S4, '16 Audi TTS Daytona Gray Pearl, Wife's '19 VW Tiguan SEL 4-Motion
  • imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,154
    abacomike said:

... ELO, ...

Xanadu

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

• andres3andres3 Member Posts: 13,729
    dino001 said:

abacomike said:

nyccarguy said:

One has to be out of their mind to go anywhere with large number of people indoors in close proximity. I don't care what it is, theme park, wedding, campaign rally, sports event, or any other kind of convention. Just out of their mind, no matter old, young, even with masks. There are calculated risks that can and sometimes should be taken, but this is just not calculated risk, it's just jumping into a pool without checking if it's filled with water.

Theme parks are mostly (85%-90%) outdoor though, just saying. I wouldn't consider them "indoor" for the most part.
    '15 Audi Misano Red Pearl S4, '16 Audi TTS Daytona Gray Pearl, Wife's '19 VW Tiguan SEL 4-Motion
    More stupid fallout of the stubborn inability to properly manage things

Can't go north, can't cross the pond, (and even a couple hot spots in my state I'd probably avoid) yay.
    abacomike said:

venture said:

Because audiophiles come in many shapes and forms. I happen to enjoy listening to music at night after I turn off the bedroom light and put my ear pods in and punch up my iPhone music 🎶 🎼 library. I like the Jonas Brothers, the BeeGees, Pink, Ed Sheeran, Charlie Puth, the Eagles, R.E.M., ELO, Barbara Streisand, Gerry Rafferty, Jim Croce, to name a small sample of my favorite artists. Having eclectic tastes in music is a blessing. I also enjoy Light Classical music and The Vienna Boys Choir.

Of course I like listening to music from the 60's and 70's - but there are some great artists here in the 21st century as well. It all boils down to "taste"! 😜🤪🤓🎼
    I agree wholeheartedly with what you said.

I probably should have said popular music.

• driver100driver100 Member Posts: 31,976
    carnaught said:

Most BMW dealer stocked cars are white, silver, gray and black with black interiors. So, at least you have a real choice, lol.

Actually, mine was James Bond 007 Blue:

(007 had a Z in this color in one movie)

2017 MB E400 , 2015 MB GLK350, 2014 MB C250

dino001 said:

driver100 said:

I know when I ordered my 2008 BMW 328 cabriolet I had to make a decision right away if what the salesman said was true, and I tend to believe him.......the dealership was allotted up to only 4 a month. Order asap, and no discount.

You never tested if he'd have changed his mind if you had passed on it. It may be true when it comes to allotments, but they have a system of trading those between each other, if needed. They may need to give up something popular to get it, but they certainly get it. The discount is another issue - this is up to them. Again, the only way to test it would have been saying "no" to their price proposal and walk home. If they don't call afterwards, then you know it was the real price.
    The car wasn't built yet. It was the first year that model was offered....retractable hardtop. I put down my substantial down payment....once I did that I was pretty well in. I wanted the car and didn't want to look for another dealer, went with it, don't regret it. Loved the car at the time, but, like 90% of convertible owners....one was enough.

The dealer was only allotted so many 2017 E400s when I ordered mine, and they were at quota. They took out one of their dealership cars and made it into mine. Originally I was going to get ice silver blue....then I saw one, decided I liked white better. Called them, and changed it, salesman said I changed it just in time - on the last day possible.

• qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,945
    andres3 said:

qbrozen said:

nyccarguy said:

Delta gave full travel credit for our return trips from Alaska. It is absurd to me that AC is going to charge a fee. And, no, I am not paying the fee. I’d rather eat the original tickets ($800) than give them another 50% upcharge for credit I may never use.
    Air Canada - you should make sure the fees is theirs and not some 3rd party making it up I booked with some online agency and cancelled within 24 hours. Full 100% refund. The internet site tried to say Air Canada charged them, which isn't true, there's a 24 hour cancellation "for any reason" grace period.
    Which is exactly my reason for the email chain with them that I posted. They have yet to respond to my last message.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,319
    One convertible was enough for me too. 30 years later, I still have it. :p
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
    edited June 2020
    stickguy said:

We did outdoor dining at a diner down the shore yesterday for breakfast. First time since early March. It was nice even though it took awhile to get in.

edited June 2020
    That color was called "Diamond Silver", I was a fan. Of course, as with all colors I like, it was discontinued, I think after 18.
    driver100 said:

The dealer was only allotted so many 2017 E400s when I ordered mine, and they were at quota. They took out one of their dealership cars and made it into mine. Originally I was going to get ice silver blue....then I saw one, decided I liked white better. Called them, and changed it, salesman said I changed it just in time - on the last day possible.

driver100 said:

carnaught said:

Most BMW dealer stocked cars are white, silver, gray and black with black interiors. So, at least you have a real choice, lol.

I like that shade of blue.

One convertible was enough for me too. 30 years later, I still have it. :p

Everybody needs at least one convertible in their lifetime.

edited June 2020

driver100 said:

carnaught said:

I like that shade of blue.
    They didn't have a color chip so we had to watch the movie to see what color it was.

fintail said:

That color was called "Diamond Silver", I was a fan. Of course, as with all colors I like, it was discontinued, I think after 18.

driver100 said:

I liked the color too, but, glad I got white......still like white on larger Mercs....and the black pano roof helps set it off.

Yeah, the two tone pano look has aged well, still looks fresh even though MB has been doing it for 20+ years. I am happy with the white on my car, especially with the brown interior, it works.

Seattle MB dealer even has a wagon in Diamond Silver - rare, but not too loaded and what seems to be an optimistic price.
    driver100 said:

fintail said:

I liked the color too, but, glad I got white......still like white on larger Mercs....and the black pano roof helps set it off.

fintail said:

driver100 said:

I have Iridium Silver with beige leather seats and beige interior door panels and arm rests. Carpeting is black as are the front and rear panels and the roof interior.

The Iridium Silver is a true bright silver and it does not show dirt or water spots. I haven't had the car washed yet - but I am going to take it to the car wash tomorrow - it's time!!! 🤪😜🤓

2021 Genesis G90

• sdasda Member Posts: 6,985
    abacomike said:

fintail said:

driver100 said:

I have Iridium Silver with beige leather seats and beige interior door panels and arm rests. Carpeting is black as are the front and rear panels and the roof interior.

The Iridium Silver is a true bright silver and it does not show dirt or water spots. I haven't had the car washed yet - but I am going to take it to the car wash tomorrow - it's time!!! 🤪😜🤓
    Do you have any favorite features or characteristics of the car? Are you satisfied with it or is it a let down?

2018 VW Passat SE w/tech, 2016 Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/tech, 2006 Acura TL w/nav

• snakeweaselsnakeweasel Member Posts: 19,328
    driver100 said:

carnaught said:

Actually it looks like community swimming pool blue.

2011 Hyundai Sonata, 2014 BMW 428i convertible, 2015 Honda CTX700D

• sdasda Member Posts: 6,985
    edited June 2020

The roof replacement is complete. It took almost two days. I have a renewed appreciation for the tradesman that do this dangerous and difficult task. They did a great job. It was noisy inside and our dogs were not impressed.

2018 VW Passat SE w/tech, 2016 Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/tech, 2006 Acura TL w/nav

My 2014 E350 (another unwanted car that sat around and I got a fair deal) was Iridium Silver. As you say, very easy to maintain:

That car had a very light grey interior:

abacomike said:

sda said:

The roof replacement is complete. It took almost two days. I have a renewed appreciation for the tradesman that do this dangerous and difficult task. They did a great job. It was noisy inside and our dogs were not impressed.

It's amazing how quickly those guys work. It looks really nice.

I called my roofer - they are 9 weeks behind. They won't get to me until sometime in the first part of July.

sda said:

abacomike said:

fintail said:

driver100 said:

Do you have any favorite features or characteristics of the car? Are you satisfied with it or is it a let down?
    My favorite aspects of the E450 4MATIC are the outstanding handling, power and the numerous safety features. Another positive is the fuel economy - 33-34 mpg on the highway and 20-23 mpg around town with 24-25 mpg average. That is outstanding for a 362 hp engine. As far as letdowns, not really because I knew it was going to be nothing like the S450 in terms of comfort and luxury.

Remember, I've owned 12 E Class sedans and none of them was a letdown.

2021 Genesis G90

• ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,093
    The wall out front is complete except for the cap. Yesterday the crew spend the day doing the add-on task of rehabbing the front lawn and areas of grass damaged by the wall construction (between it and the sidewalk or curb) with more of that today before the cap gets done by the end of the week.

As part of their landscaping yesterday I had them remove a giant juniper bush that was badly overgrown and occupied the entire front right side of the area next to the front stairs. Now I have an area approx 12x6 that I need to re-imagine with new plantings. I would like a few shrubs near the foundation that will not grow to such a massive size (likely no more than 4 feet tall) like the juniper did and retain color throughout the year. I know nothing about this. Any suggestions?

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

ab348 said:

The wall out front is complete except for the cap. Yesterday the crew spend the day doing the add-on task of rehabbing the front lawn and areas of grass damaged by the wall construction (between it and the sidewalk or curb) with more of that today before the cap gets done by the end of the week.

As part of their landscaping yesterday I had them remove a giant juniper bush that was badly overgrown and occupied the entire front right side of the area next to the front stairs. Now I have an area approx 12x6 that I need to re-imagine with new plantings. I would like a few shrubs near the foundation that will not grow to such a massive size (likely no more than 4 feet tall) like the juniper did and retain color throughout the year. I know nothing about this. Any suggestions?

Since the plantings would be near your foundation, I would suggest speaking with a landscaping professional because of the acidity to the soil caused by concrete (or concrete block). Dwarf evergreens 🌲 would be great there if they can handle the added acidity.

2021 Genesis G90

If you don’t want to hire a landscape design, take some pictures of the area and go to the nursery. They can usually point you to something nice

SDA, love the style of that house.

• nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,430
    Looks great @sda!

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

edited June 2020
    ab348 said:

You want a horizontal juniper for that application. They grow wider than tall and max out between 3-5 feet. Prostrate junipers are generally under a foot. Any garden center should have ones suited for your area. Usually not too expensive. Only pest I know of is spider mites in hot climates or in poor air circulation areas. You can get them in various shades of green and even blue or yellow.

Here’s some variety selections:

https://extension.uga.edu/publications/detail.html?number=C956&title=Junipers

Consider Chamaecyparis as well. Similar look with a couple of really interesting variations.

abacomike said:

ab348 said:

Since the plantings would be near your foundation, I would suggest speaking with a landscaping professional because of the acidity to the soil caused by concrete (or concrete block). Dwarf evergreens 🌲 would be great there if they can handle the added acidity.
    abacomike said:

ab348 said:

Actually, concrete turns soil basic or alkaline as the lime leaches out. Fortunately junipers tolerate higher Ph pretty well. A simple soil test at the garden center can tell you what’s what. If it’s extremely alkaline an application of aluminum sulfate will cure it.

• cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Member Posts: 5,506
    The farmer has spoken. It's interesting to see the breadth of knowledge available on here, and in time it's possible to glean the wheat from the chaff in terms of the source of it. In any event, this sure sounds like the real deal.
    '08 Acura TSX, '17 Subaru Forester
    edited June 2020
    GG pretty accurate description of the MGM. I was going to warn you about lack of Bluetooth, but got sidetracked.

What year was it? 03+ much better than 98-02

And yes the platform dates back 41 years to 1979. Not much changed until 2003 when they went to rack and pinion steering.

• roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,358

So, returned from my little, fledging car delivery service. No drama, per se. Roads were about what I expected, and probably lighter than usual.

Left Monday at 5:30 a.m. (picked up the car on Sunday, night). Got to Biloxi around 6:00 p.m. Flew back yesterday evening. First time to Biloxi and spent some time (maybe 3-4 hours) just driving around. I liked it. That said, you know you’re in the Deep South.

The Merc did well. But, given most of the cars I’ve owned in the past few years have been on the sport(ier) side, the 10 year old Merc GM felt like it was designed 30 years ago, which it probably was.

Bolted together well, seams were straight (if not very tight). Didn’t rattle. Although loaded (power steering, power brakes, auto A/C, AM/FM/CD (except I didn’t have any CDs with me), power seats, leather (which wasn’t very good as the thin leather was not only cracking but also flaking). Digital dash that looked like something out of a ‘90s video game. LOTS of hard plastics.

Live rear axle would “jump” over bumps, unsettling the rear tires. The V8 and trans were all very smooth, but any of my most recent cars, with 2 less cylinders (at least) made the GM feel like it was dragging a boat anchor behind it.

That said, it got 23 MPG for the entire trip on RUG. It was big on the inside and road like it was on a cloud (except when hitting bumps, which unsettled it greatly, as mentioned). No Apple CarPlay or Android Auto. No Bluetooth. So, my entertainment was a small Bluetooth speaker I stopped and bought at Walmart that was connected to my iPhone. Not Elegant, but did the job.

It had no steering feel and the brakes were “grabby” (could be I’m used to the Brembos on the Stinger). I locked them up a couple of times by mistake.

I can see the appeal the car had to the “older” demographic. For running errands around town, it would be comfortable. HUGE trunk and back seat. You sort of sat “on” the bench seat as opposed to “in” it. Zero lateral support, but you probably didn’t need it as it dove and leaned hard on its haunches most of the time. You’ll know if you’re going around a corner too fast because the tires and suspension will squeal and bang to let you know.

I’m not as tired as I probably should be. Could do another 10 hour driving day right now if given the chance.

Let relatives and friends know, I’m now a long distance car transporter, for those looking for such a service. Something tells me that business won’t be healthy for me if/when things loosen up with COVID-19. And, the snow birds leave this area for the warm confines of FL this Fall.

I think that the door pockets will hold a bottle of Geritol AND Metamucil.

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

Maybe get a few gigs taking snowbird cars down? Though you might have to take the birds with you!