Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Good price for 2018 CR-V EX-L w/navigation

lyndamdlyndamd Member Posts: 12
edited June 2020 in Honda
Looking at a 2018 CR-V EX-L w/navigation. Has 41,500 miles on it. Fully loaded. Excellent condition. Dealer asking $ 21,700. Well -maintained, serviced regularly. Carfax listed no accidents but "damage" to the front. Dealer believes it was a minor issue, more cosmetic. For all I know, prior owner could have hit a parking barrier. Car runs great. Can't find anything wrong with the car. Been on the market over 100 days. Can't help but wonder why it hasn't sold and why price so low. Thinking I might try to get it down to 20K. Does anything scream out to you about this offer?

Comments

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,011
    lyndamd said:

Looking at a 2018 CR-V EX-L w/navigation. Has 41,500 miles on it. Fully loaded. Excellent condition. Dealer asking $ 21,700. Well -maintained, serviced regularly. Carfax listed no accidents but "damage" to the front. Dealer believes it was a minor issue, more cosmetic. For all I know, prior owner could have hit a parking barrier. Car runs great. Can't find anything wrong with the car. Been on the market over 100 days. Can't help but wonder why it hasn't sold and why price so low. Thinking I might try to get it down to 20K. Does anything scream out to you about this offer?

We don't track pricing; look here for help:
    https://www.edmunds.com/new-cars/

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,646
    lyndamd said:

Every dealer will tell you a damage report is cosmetic. A totaled car has “cosmetic” damage too (and maybe a bent frame). I’d require an independent inspection by a body shop unless they have pictures of the damage. I’d look up Edmunds, KBB and NADA values to get an average. Usually any kind of ding demands a discount from those values. You can bet they did that to the person who traded it in. Try asking for 10% off.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible