Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

p0430 & TRUCK CUTTING OFF and jerking

jkooviejkoovie Member Posts: 1
edited July 2020 in INFINITI
I believe I have a problem. I cant locate where to check for trans fluid levels. I found the one for the engine and it was dry. I added 5 quarts and used car dealership told me that the stick is always dry when you check and that I over filled it which doesn't make sense. Car keeps cutting off and jerking every time I take my foot off the brake to hit the gas

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,681
    jkoovie said:

I believe I have a problem. I cant locate where to check for trans fluid levels. I found the one for the engine and it was dry. I added 5 quarts and used car dealership told me that the stick is always dry when you check and that I over filled it which doesn't make sense. Car keeps cutting off and jerking every time I take my foot off the brake to hit the gas

If you checked the oil level at full operating temperature, it could have indeed showed low level.

You should drain the oil completely, then add the proper amount of oil. (7 quarts?).
    Or, have the car towed to the dealer and have them properly diagnose.

If your car was five quarts low, (which is doubtful), you might have serious problems, anyway.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator