Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2020 Volkswagen Jetta Lease Deals and Prices

Comments

• MikeJ2020MikeJ2020 Member Posts: 35
    xpertjoey said:

Michaell said:

xpertjoey said:

Hi,

If the money factor, residual value, and lease cash are the same as three years ago, why are the lease deals so much worse right now?
    Automotive sales are down for the quarter, don't they want to give customers incentive to lease & buy?

Are they the same?

I honestly don't know.

The programs are set up to establish a target payment that they believe will move inventory.
    I have leased from Bay Ridge VW in NY since 2014. Today I went there to negotiate a deal on the 2020 Jetta SEL. The price I was quoted was insane!

MSRP: $27,209
    Selling Price $ 24,928
    Adj Cap Cost: 25,703
    Tax: 8.875%
    36 Mo. 10K Miles
    MF: .00018
    Residual 53%
    Monthly Payment: $349.08 (Tax Included)

First month & registration fees due at signing which is $538.16. Everything else is rolled into the monthly payments.

I would never do this deal, & actually feel insulted that they made a 6 year customer this kind of offer. Besides negotiating a better selling price of course, do you have any advice?

I feel that with this MF, Residual Value, & $2,150 in lease cash, I should be in the neighborhood of $280 monthly. Am I wrong?

I appreciate all the work you guys do for me and everyone else in the forums.
    I looked at an SEL in NJ. Our sales tax is 6.625%. The MSRP is 27,074.
    The initial offer was 298 due at signing and 298 monthly.
    I’m not at 298 due at signing and 265 monthly.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,527
    xpertjoey said:

Michaell said:

xpertjoey said:

Hi,

If the money factor, residual value, and lease cash are the same as three years ago, why are the lease deals so much worse right now?
    Automotive sales are down for the quarter, don't they want to give customers incentive to lease & buy?

Are they the same?

I honestly don't know.

The programs are set up to establish a target payment that they believe will move inventory.
    I have leased from Bay Ridge VW in NY since 2014. Today I went there to negotiate a deal on the 2020 Jetta SEL. The price I was quoted was insane!

Selling Price $ 24,928
    36 Mo. 10K Miles
    Residual 53%

First month & registration fees due at signing which is $538.16. Everything else is rolled into the monthly payments.

I would never do this deal, & actually feel insulted that they made a 6 year customer this kind of offer. Besides negotiating a better selling price of course, do you have any advice?

I feel that with this MF, Residual Value, & $2,150 in lease cash, I should be in the neighborhood of $280 monthly. Am I wrong?

It isn't a very good lease program, so the payment is never going to be cheap, relative to MSRP.

The dealer doesn't car that you've been a 6 year customer. The more comfortable you are with a dealer, the more likely you'll be taken advantage of.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Sgraziano89Sgraziano89 Member Posts: 49
    Hello, Could you provide the MF, RV (36/10k) and incentives (lease credit, loyalty, etc) for a 2020 Jetta SEL Premium in 02052? Thanks!
  • xpertjoeyxpertjoey Member Posts: 46
    MikeJ2020 said:

xpertjoey said:

Michaell said:

xpertjoey said:

Hi,

Are they the same?

I honestly don't know.

Selling Price $ 24,928
    36 Mo. 10K Miles
    Residual 53%

Thanks for your feedback. So after negotiating you wound up at $265 for your monthly payment? How many months & miles per year?

Thanks

Hello, Could you provide the MF, RV (36/10k) and incentives (lease credit, loyalty, etc) for a 2020 Jetta SEL Premium in 02052? Thanks!

.00018 MF and 53% residual
    $2150 dealer lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

xpertjoey said:

MikeJ2020 said:

xpertjoey said:

Michaell said:

xpertjoey said:

Hi,

Are they the same?

I honestly don't know.

Selling Price $ 24,928
    36 Mo. 10K Miles
    Residual 53%

Thanks for your feedback. So after negotiating you wound up at $265 for your monthly payment? How many months & miles per year?

Thanks
    The terms are 36 months and 36K miles.
    I’m paying 298 at inception (out the door) and 265/month.
    MikeJ2020 said:

xpertjoey said:

MikeJ2020 said:

xpertjoey said:

Michaell said:

xpertjoey said:

Hi,

Are they the same?

I honestly don't know.

Selling Price $ 24,928
    36 Mo. 10K Miles
    Residual 53%

Thanks
    Thats a great deal! Enjoy your new Jetta!
    xpertjoey said:

MikeJ2020 said:

xpertjoey said:

MikeJ2020 said:

xpertjoey said:

Michaell said:

xpertjoey said:

Hi,

Are they the same?

I honestly don't know.

Selling Price $ 24,928
    36 Mo. 10K Miles
    Residual 53%

Thanks
    Thanks, it’s a pretty good car for the money.
    MikeJ2020 said:

xpertjoey said:

MikeJ2020 said:

xpertjoey said:

MikeJ2020 said:

xpertjoey said:

Michaell said:

xpertjoey said:

Hi,

Are they the same?

I honestly don't know.

Selling Price $ 24,928
    36 Mo. 10K Miles
    Residual 53%

Thanks
    Thanks, it’s a pretty good car for the money.
    Agreed, the digital cockpit on the Jetta SEL is a very nice feature.
  • cwest26cwest26 Member Posts: 8
    Could you please provide the money factor and residual for a 36/10k lease on a Jetta SEL in 33432. Also interested in any incentives. Thank you.
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,896
    cwest26 said:

Could you please provide the money factor and residual for a 36/10k lease on a Jetta SEL in 33432. Also interested in any incentives. Thank you.

.00018 and 53%
    $1400 incentives

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• MarcNYG1MarcNYG1 Member Posts: 30
    Can you please provide the mf, residual and incentives on a 2020 Jetta SEL in NJ for 36/10 and 36/12? Thank you.
    MarcNYG1 said:

Can you please provide the mf, residual and incentives on a 2020 Jetta SEL in NJ for 36/10 and 36/12? Thank you.

36/12
    .00018 MF and 52% residual
    $2150 dealer lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• MarcNYG1MarcNYG1 Member Posts: 30
    Thank you. How much does the residual change for 10k miles/ yr?
    MarcNYG1 said:

Thank you. How much does the residual change for 10k miles/ yr?

Add 1%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• cwest26cwest26 Member Posts: 8
    @Michaell Thank you
    Would really appreciate if anyone in the NY & NJ area could share quotes you received on a Jetta SEL.

Thanks!
  • kncalikncali Member Posts: 24
    RV + MF on a SEL Premium and GLI Autobahn; 15k for 24 + 36mo in 90027 please
    kncali said:

RV + MF on a SEL Premium and GLI Autobahn; 15k for 24 + 36mo in 90027 please

SEL
    .00018 MF
    57%/50% residual
    $1900 dealer lease cash

GLI
    .00132 MF
    57%/50% residual
    $1200 dealer lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• appleTRONappleTRON Member Posts: 3
    Greetings,

Could you please provide the MF, RV (36/10k) and incentives (lease credit, loyalty, etc) for a 2020 Jetta SEL Premium in 06611 and 10597? Thank you!
    appleTRON said:

Greetings,

Could you please provide the MF, RV (36/10k) and incentives (lease credit, loyalty, etc) for a 2020 Jetta SEL Premium in 06611 and 10597? Thank you!

.00018 and 53%
    $2150 incentives
    No loyalty

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• MichelleMills7MichelleMills7 Member Posts: 4
    edited July 2020
    Hi all - I'm interesting in purchase a 2020 Jetta SE in cash (one payment) -- is $5,000 off possible? Any tips? Please and thank you!
  • jimmydean7jimmydean7 Member Posts: 39
    Michael:
    I received a quote today on a Jetta and I noticed an item referred to as "adds to Cap Cost" in the amount 675.
    I am guessing that this will be explained as an administrative charge to process the paperwork and probably put on VW. Is anyone seeing a administrative charge of this nature on the lease workup?

I had the same thing happen on an Acura several years ago and I learned at that time that Acura/Honda does have a fixed fee for processing the paperwork. That amount was not 675.

Hi all - I'm interesting in purchase a 2020 Jetta SE in cash (one payment) -- is $5,000 off possible? Any tips? Please and thank you!

You can research possible pricing here:
    https://www.edmunds.com/new-cars/

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michael:
    I received a quote today on a Jetta and I noticed an item referred to as "adds to Cap Cost" in the amount 675.
    I am guessing that this will be explained as an administrative charge to process the paperwork and probably put on VW. Is anyone seeing a administrative charge of this nature on the lease workup?

I had the same thing happen on an Acura several years ago and I learned at that time that Acura/Honda does have a fixed fee for processing the paperwork. That amount was not 675.

$675 is the amount of the VW Credit acquisition fee. Every bank will have one.

Some dealers will also have a separate "dealer" or "doc" fee, which varies by dealer and state.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• HiramHiram Member Posts: 6
    edited July 2020
    Hi.

Looking to lease a 2020 Jetta GLI in 91104. What are good numbers?
  • jandavinjandavin Member Posts: 3
    Hi there!

I'm looking to lease a 2020 Jetta SE or R-Line. Can you please provide the RV, MF, and any incentives for zip 55082 for 36/12k and 36/10k? Also, for my general knowledge, are MF and RV the same for SE and SEL trims?

Thank you so much for the help!
    Hiram said:

Hi.

Looking to lease a 2020 Jetta GLI in 91104. What are good numbers?

36/15
    .00132 MF and 50% residual
    $1200 dealer lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

edited July 2020
    jandavin said:

Hi there!

I'm looking to lease a 2020 Jetta SE or R-Line. Can you please provide the RV, MF, and any incentives for zip 55082 for 36/12k and 36/10k? Also, for my general knowledge, are MF and RV the same for SE and SEL trims?

Thank you so much for the help!

36/12
    $1900 dealer lease cash

Either trim

Only the incentives vary... by trim and location

SEL: $1400 dealer lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thanks so much!
  • HiramHiram Member Posts: 6
    Thank you!!
  • otarikobotarikob Member Posts: 4
    edited July 2020
    Hi,

Could you provide me with updated lease residual/MF for July for the Jetta S automatic?
    Zip code is 11358, with a returning Jetta Lease.
    39/10
    36/10

Is 36 months now a better deal then 39?

I had previously been offered 245 per month 39 months 10k miles per year, with only 1st payment and registration due at signing, would you consider that to be a strong deal?
  • jimmypaycheckjimmypaycheck Member Posts: 11
    Hello, can I please get the lease details for a 2020 Jetta R-Line Auto at 36/12k for 44256?
    otarikob said:

Hi,

Could you provide me with updated lease residual/MF for July for the Jetta S automatic?
    39/10
    36/10

I had previously been offered 245 per month 39 months 10k miles per year, with only 1st payment and registration due at signing, would you consider that to be a strong deal?

.00018 and 53% / 51% for 36/39 months and 10K
    $1400 lease cash

MSRP?
    Selling price?
    Adjusted cap cost?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Hello, can I please get the lease details for a 2020 Jetta R-Line Auto at 36/12k for 44256?

.00018 and 52%
    $1400 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Hi, checking for July’s money factor and residual value for a 2020 Jetta SEL 39 months 10k miles? Any lease cash?
    Zip 11204

Thank you.
    xpertjoey said:

Hi, checking for July’s money factor and residual value for a 2020 Jetta SEL 39 months 10k miles? Any lease cash?
    Zip 11204

Thank you.

$2150 dealer lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

kyfdx said:

xpertjoey said:

Zip 11204

Thank you.

$2150 dealer lease cash
    Are you sure the residual is 53% for 39 months?

Thank you
  • otarikobotarikob Member Posts: 4
    Michaell said:

otarikob said:

Hi,

39/10
    36/10

$1400 lease cash

MSRP?
    Selling price?
    Adjusted cap cost?
    Thank you!

MSRP of the car is 21670. Not sure what the selling price or cap cost is.
    xpertjoey said:

kyfdx said:

xpertjoey said:

Zip 11204

Thank you.

$2150 dealer lease cash
    Are you sure the residual is 53% for 39 months?

Thank you
    Whoops - 51% for 39/10

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

otarikob said:

Michaell said:

otarikob said:

Hi,

39/10
    36/10

$1400 lease cash

MSRP?
    Selling price?
    Adjusted cap cost?
    Thank you!

MSRP of the car is 21670. Not sure what the selling price or cap cost is.
    Ask the dealer for those numbers - better yet, ask for a copy or screen shot of their lease worksheet.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

edited July 2020
    Reporting back on a deal I just agreed to. First no dealers in Brooklyn NY were willing to budge much from their initial offers. I then started talking to dealers in NJ. The customer service was much better & the offers were improving. They will even deliver the vehicle to Brooklyn for me.

My 2020 Jetta SEL deal:

Selling: $22,553
    Adj. Cap Cost: $23,252
    39 mo. 10K miles
    $269.00 mo. Tax Included
    $500 due @ signing, includes 1st payment & DMV Fees, all else rolled into the monthly payment.

I think it's a great deal given the current car market and 8.875% taxes in NYC

Thank you to Michaell & Kyfdx for the info you provided me.
    xpertjoey said:

Reporting back on a deal I just agreed to. First no dealers in Brooklyn NY were willing to budge much from their initial offers. I then started talking to dealers in NJ. The customer service was much better & the offers were improving. They will even deliver the vehicle to Brooklyn for me.

My 2020 Jetta SEL deal:

Selling: $22,553
    Adj. Cap Cost: $23,252
    39 mo. 10K miles
    $269.00 mo.
    $500 due @ signing, includes 1st payment & DMV Fees, all else rolled into the monthly payment.

I think it's a great deal given the current car market and 8.875% taxes in NYC

Thank you to Michaell & Kyfdx for the info you provided me.

Congrats!

Thanks for the report.

Nice to have delivery to you.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• beardtw12beardtw12 Member Posts: 82
    MF/RV/Cash for SE 36/12 41017
    beardtw12 said:

MF/RV/Cash for SE 36/12 41017

.00018 and 52%
    $500 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• carshopping123carshopping123 Member Posts: 1
    Hi, Could you please provide the money factor and residual for a 36/12k and 48/12k lease on a 2020 Jetta SEL in 60639. Also interested in any incentives. Thank you!

Hi, Could you please provide the money factor and residual for a 36/12k and 48/12k lease on a 2020 Jetta SEL in 60639. Also interested in any incentives. Thank you!

.00068 MF and 45% residual

No lease incentives

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thanks again for providing MF, RV, and incentives.. it helped me to secure a great monthly payment.

For a 2020 Jetta SE with Cold Weather Package (36/10k), I ended up with a monthly payment of $230, with only first month's payment due at signing (Twin Cities dealership). Original ask from dealers was initially around $299/mo. I am a Costco member and used TruCar prices to help reduce cap cost.
    jandavin said:

Thanks again for providing MF, RV, and incentives.. it helped me to secure a great monthly payment.

For a 2020 Jetta SE with Cold Weather Package (36/10k), I ended up with a monthly payment of $230, with only first month's payment due at signing (Twin Cities dealership). Original ask from dealers was initially around $299/mo. I am a Costco member and used TruCar prices to help reduce cap cost.

Congrats!

Thanks for the report.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• heelphanheelphan Member Posts: 17
    Hello! Looking for MF, residual and any incentives on a GLI Autobahn in 28270, 36 mos/10k/12k/15k. Thanks!