Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Should i run

Mdgirl85Mdgirl85 Member Posts: 5
edited July 2020 in Subaru
I went to the dealership because I was told that they had a 2018 Limited trim Subaru Forrester on their lot. Nope its at their sister store in another state. Instead they got me to test drive one with more mileage and was in 2 accidents. Its a certified vehicle but I now realize that means nothing. The blue driver found over 20 codes. Should i run away or go for a lower price. They are asking 23k

Best Answers

Answers

• Mdgirl85Mdgirl85 Member Posts: 5

I’m willing to bet good money the codes on the one you drove are related to a dead battery. That said, I wouldn’t mess with it.

Make sure to get an independent PPI if you’re buying used so you’re not in for any surprises.

Two accidents, more mileage, advertising a car that’s in another state? I would run like the wind from that dealer. Classic bait & switch. I doubt the other car even exists.
    Unfortunately this was at the best selling dealership in Maryland for Subarus. I'm going to try to do business with a smaller dealership.

Thank you

I’m willing to bet good money the codes on the one you drove are related to a dead battery. That said, I wouldn’t mess with it.

Make sure to get an independent PPI if you’re buying used so you’re not in for any surprises.

Thank you I'm not going to bother having my mechanic looking at the car. I passed.
  • oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,652
    How far away is this other car? If you trust the dealer maybe they can bring it to your local store. Assuming the car you drove already gave you a good feel for the product. Dealers I know often move cars 200 miles or more.

That would be one way of calling their bluff if they’re playing games.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

The other car is a little over an hour away. Today he said that he wanted me to commit to the car if it passed my mechanics inspection. I'm going to wait until the my small town dealer gets in New inventory this week opposed to going with the volume dealer.