Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Edmunds Members - Cars and Conversations

Comments

• qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,889

stickguy said:

got ambitious finally today and started an application to refi the mortgage. Hopefully they are slightly more caught up. Last I heard there was such high volume it was taking forever. Debated doing it, since it should only be about 4-5 years until paid off, but rates are so low might as well. Plus in 22 months the rate adjusts, so that is guaranteed to be going up. So seems like the right time. as long as it actually works out.

I’m not a financial wizard but doesn’t refinancing at the end of the loan save a minimal amount of money?

I paid off a 60 month car loan 7 months early and only saved $42 in interest.
    I think so. Stick, you might want to take a look at a recent statement to see how much interest you are actually paying now. You’d probably pay more interest per month on a new loan with a far lower rate just because of how mortgages work.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,889
    venture said:

qbrozen said:

venture said:

qbrozen said:

venture said:

sda said:

The L shaped are for gapping spark plugs, flat blades for ignition points. The flat blade with the indention is for changing the gap on spark plugs. This tool was used more than once, but not recently.

Yes. Everyone used to have one of those in their tool box. Well, everyone who worked on their own cars.
    Not everyone. We just used the feeler gauges for plug gapping. Works the same.
    OK. Almost everyone. How did you bend the electrode?
    Oh anything I had around. They bend easy. I’ve used a sharp edge on the car itself (think radiator support), a small screwdriver, a knife, the feeler gauge itself... the list is extensive. Then, of course, if reducing gap, just tap on a hard surface.
    How's the knee?
    Thank you for asking. It is pretty good. Still crunches and pops and doesn’t like any sideways pressure, but it hasn’t been restricting me much. Doesn’t like when I jump, so I try to avoid that.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,175
    stickguy said:

got ambitious finally today and started an application to refi the mortgage. Hopefully they are slightly more caught up. Last I heard there was such high volume it was taking forever. Debated doing it, since it should only be about 4-5 years until paid off, but rates are so low might as well. Plus in 22 months the rate adjusts, so that is guaranteed to be going up. So seems like the right time. as long as it actually works out.

My son and his girlfriend should close on a new house, this coming week. Their mortgage broker isn't taking Re-Fi requests, as the housing market is so busy. Purchase only. :s

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,432
    I am going to pay it off early anyway. The bank offers no fee refis, so the principal balance will be the same and no out of pocket. They just mark up the interest rate. So as long as that is lower than my current rate (it will be, by nearly a point) I have to save money. The main reason though is that the current loan is an ARM and I won't have it paid off before the rate resets the first time most likely, and at that point, the rate can jump significantly. Even on a smaller balance (well, small relative to some mortgages) that can make a big difference.

I would not do it if I had to pay a lot of closing costs out of pocket or rolled into the balance of the new loan. But as long as I am dropping the rate with the same amount owed, and locking that in for as long as it takes, I come out ahead on the deal. But not a big issue if it does not end up happeneing.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,175

stickguy said:

I’m not a financial wizard but doesn’t refinancing at the end of the loan save a minimal amount of money?

I paid off a 60 month car loan 7 months early and only saved $42 in interest.
    If you have a no closing cost Re-Fi it could be worth it.

Last time we refinanced about 7 years ago, you had to borrow at least $100K, or they weren't interested in doing it.

We paid off our $41K balance mortgage in January. Four years early. The saving from not paying income tax on the earnings from the $41K cash was about as much as the saving on interest paid, for the rest of the loan. Altogether, our total savings will be about $1000, between tax avoidance and interest. Not much for four years.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,312
    stickguy said:

How much are the closing costs? Any points? Seems to be more trouble than it's worth if you plan to pay it off in 4-5 years.

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

• abacomikeabacomike Member Posts: 12,254
    I was "FaceTiming" with my brother (as we do every day to keep in touch with each other) this morning and I matter-of-factly asked if his x-girlfriend has tried to make contact with him. He responded that when they broke up a few months ago, she called him every name in the book. Then, he received an email and a text from her stating that she really didn't mean to say those nasty things about him. It seems that she is a "clinger" in that she has need for another adult to help her through the daily routines in life since her previous "husbands" used to take care of all those things - like car and house insurance, investments, shopping for furniture, etc. My brother said that he can't handle the constant barrage of inquiries and requests for guidance, etc. It was just too invasive for him in his "Life of Riley" retirement situation.

My brother then remarked to me that she said, "...one of my previous husbands once mentioned to me that I was like having a brand new Cadillac parked in the garage but that I can't drive it!" I broke up laughing and thought I would share this conversation with all of you.

So it would seem that happiness is having a partner in life who knows how to drive a brand new luxury car without any assistance from anyone else. :smile:

2021 Genesis G90

no points and closing costs all covered by the lender. So pretty much the equivalent of a sign and drive lease. If I had to put a lot into it, would probably end up negating any savings.

mostly doing it to lock in the low rate, which also gives flexibility to pay it off slower if need be (I would be looking to refinance down to a 10 year term).

• abacomikeabacomike Member Posts: 12,254
    I just got my package from Amazon with RainX cleaner and water repellent included with cloth towels for applying and removing the chemical from the windshield. I am going to try applying this to my windshield to see if it corrects the "chattering" problem I have been experiencing with the wipers on the new car. I will do it early in the morning before the sunlight covers my car.

I am expecting to hear from Mercedes on Monday or Tuesday regarding my case to replace the windshield or even to find a solution to the problem. According to the case manager, she has not experienced a complaint from a Mercedes customer about windshield wipers chattering. I don't know if she is saying that to make me feel estranged or apart from other complaints or if she really means it. Obviously they are not going to share with me the fact that this is a common complaint among Mercedes owners.

If the RainX solves the problem, which I sincerely doubt, I will drop the complaint.

The chattering only occurs during heavy, constant rain. It does not occur when I use my windshield washer or during a misty type of rain.

2021 Genesis G90

was the sister store in a different state? Doesn't make sense that a PA dealer would ever mount the front plate bracket.

• pensfan83pensfan83 Member Posts: 2,537
    Yeah it was in NY. It doesn't make sense to me to install those things during a PDI for reasons like dealer trades or out of state buyers.
    1997 Honda Prelude Base - 2022 Acura MDX Type S Advance - 2021 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road - 2006 BMW 330Ci ZHP
    abacomike said:

I was "FaceTiming" with my brother (as we do every day to keep in touch with each other) this morning and I matter-of-factly asked if his x-girlfriend has tried to make contact with him. He responded that when they broke up a few months ago, she called him every name in the book. Then, he received an email and a text from her stating that she really didn't mean to say those nasty things about him. It seems that she is a "clinger" in that she has need for another adult to help her through the daily routines in life since her previous "husbands" used to take care of all those things - like car and house insurance, investments, shopping for furniture, etc. My brother said that he can't handle the constant barrage of inquiries and requests for guidance, etc. It was just too invasive for him in his "Life of Riley" retirement situation.

My brother then remarked to me that she said, "...one of my previous husbands once mentioned to me that I was like having a brand new Cadillac parked in the garage but that I can't drive it!" I broke up laughing and thought I would share this conversation with all of you.

So it would seem that happiness is having a partner in life who knows how to drive a brand new luxury car without any assistance from anyone else. :smile:

There used to be a website called Psycho Ex-Girlfriend.com. A guy broke up with a real whack job and the games began. It had a library containing WAV files of the phone messages left by the nutcase. Sometimes she left dozens of messages per hour, and her mood swings were nearly instantaneous- and often hilarious

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

• fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,092
    The Rain-X will probably work. Temporarily.
    abacomike said:

I just got my package from Amazon with RainX cleaner and water repellent included with cloth towels for applying and removing the chemical from the windshield.
    If the RainX solves the problem, which I sincerely doubt, I will drop the complaint.

The chattering only occurs during heavy, constant rain. It does not occur when I use my windshield washer or during a misty type of rain.

• fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,092
    They do the same temp check at the rink where I skate - if there's a hot spot traced back to such a facility, that's the kind of thing people don't forget, better safe than sorry as the bad-PR generated losses will far exceed the costs of a few preventative measures. Completely un-American thinking, I know.

I have a feeling it's going to be a long fall and winter.

For sure. They even took all our temperatures with one of those scanners before we could work. I don’t blame them with the media now on the “scare of the day” reporting on every restaurant where a single staff member tested positive.

I’m sure the lawyers will soon pick up on this and exploit it.

• oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,559
    stickguy said:

I am going to pay it off early anyway. The bank offers no fee refis, so the principal balance will be the same and no out of pocket. They just mark up the interest rate. So as long as that is lower than my current rate (it will be, by nearly a point) I have to save money. The main reason though is that the current loan is an ARM and I won't have it paid off before the rate resets the first time most likely, and at that point, the rate can jump significantly. Even on a smaller balance (well, small relative to some mortgages) that can make a big difference.

I would not do it if I had to pay a lot of closing costs out of pocket or rolled into the balance of the new loan. But as long as I am dropping the rate with the same amount owed, and locking that in for as long as it takes, I come out ahead on the deal. But not a big issue if it does not end up happeneing.

Dumping an ARM for a fixed is always a good idea.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• driver100driver100 Member Posts: 31,964
    pensfan83 said:

From CCBA, we picked up the replacement for the TLX yesterday.

We celebrated with some Graeters afterward, Vienna Coffee milkshake for me. Plain jane vanilla for the Mrs.

So long to the TLX. Great car.

Nice looking car....actually both cars look pretty nice. The floating roofline looks good on the new one.....really breaks up the boxiness of an SUV. Looks good, be careful with that coffee on the dash.

2017 MB E400 , 2015 MB GLK350, 2014 MB C250

edited August 2020
    abacomike My brother then remarked to me that she said, "...one of my previous husbands once mentioned to me that I was like having a brand new Cadillac parked in the garage but that I can't drive it!" I broke up laughing and thought I would share this conversation with all of you.

So it would seem that happiness is having a partner in life who knows how to drive a brand new luxury car without any assistance from anyone else

OK, I got this.....first, little girl syndrome.....wants someone to look after her. That way she doesn't have to think, or actually do anything.
    The coming back is only because it is hard to find a replacement. That would take an effort.
    This will never end up in a good way....your brother is wise to avoid her.

I'd rather have chattering wipers than this babe around! :(

• ronsteveronsteve Member Posts: 1,190
    stickguy said:

was the sister store in a different state? Doesn't make sense that a PA dealer would ever mount the front plate bracket.

I bought the Acura here in KY, and the Volvo in NC, neither of which is a front-plate state, but both had the brackets installed because the dealer wanted THEIR front plate on the car.

Once the bracket is there, you kinda have to have SOMEthing, so I put my own on. :)
    2015 Acura RDX AWD / 2013 VW Jetta 2.5SE
  • imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,132
    edited August 2020
    When it pours it rains.

Yesterday, the third heat pump repair.

Today, my phone went through the washing machine. It dropped out of my shirt pocket as I dumped clothes in
    and I didn't realize it.

What experience has anyone here had with wet phones. After the phone dries out in the rice, will I be able to read the internal memory through my USB from the computer even if the phone won't start up?

The SD memory card I'm sure can be read in another phone or on my laptop with the adapter cartridge, but I'd like to recover pictures in the memory on the phone? Are there places that will recover those things for you.

This phone has a sealed case. The glass screen has to be heated and pried loose to get into the case. Samsung Galaxy J7 Crown. However, the drawer for the sim and memory card likely are a leak into the case.

BTW. The AC repairman said a lot of the problems HVAC manufacturers are having are because of parts from other countries such as certain micro relays on thermostats by a certain maker. Others are the electronics in the motor drives like mine.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

• carnaughtcarnaught Member Posts: 3,497
    I know of some who have had success drying out a wet smartphone laying covered in dry uncooked rice for a couple of days.
    might be limited to what is on your SIM card.

also why you should back up your phone on a regular basis. Especially easy with an iPhone, can just have it all synced to the cloud. Or, backup to your laptop on a regular basis.

my daughter recently uploaded all he pictures (22 thousand or some such crazy number) to IIRC Google pictures. they all live in the cloud, and he phone has the app so she sees them all, just like if they were on the camera roll. And now whenever she takes a picture, it automatically gets uploaded at the same time.

A friend came over today. She has a 3 year old Honda CRV with 10000 miles on it. Took it in for the first service after the warranty period...and she showed us a 2 minute video of the work being done on her car. They look at things like the brake pads and report how much life is left.....also a brief outline of what they did....on every part they examine. Very impressive. The work area was immaculate too.

• jmonroe1jmonroe1 Member Posts: 7,460

driver100 said:

stickguy said:

you need to keep the mask on in the car by yourself? Ouch. Though I assume most drivers will not be following that.

Driving alone with a mask probably won't do much, but they want to be able to say they are taking all precautions for their valued customers. Also, it is a bit of a reminder for employees to be extra careful....and it may be to avoid lawsuits if an employee did contact covid. Better to over do it than under do it.
    For sure. They even took all our temperatures with one of those scanners before we could work. I don’t blame them with the media now on the “scare of the day” reporting on every restaurant where a single staff member tested positive.

I’m sure the lawyers will soon pick up on this and exploit it.
    I’m sure all of you guys breathed a sigh of relief when you didn’t see them put on gloves to take your temperature. Hip hip hooray for technology.

jmonroe

'15 Genesis Ultimate just like jmonroe's. '18 Legacy Limited with 3.6R (Mrs. j's)
  • suydamsuydam Member Posts: 4,676
    Showing your age, @jmonroe. I’m fine with temperature checks and whatever it takes to get our Sky-high number of cases down. A single person who’s is positive can infect a lot of people.
    '14 Buick Encore Convenience
    '17 Chevy Volt Premiere
  • jmonroe1jmonroe1 Member Posts: 7,460
    suydam said:

Showing your age, @jmonroe. I’m fine with temperature checks and whatever it takes to get our Sky-high number of cases down. A single person who’s is positive can infect a lot of people.

I agree about whatever it takes to get the numbers down. And while we’re at it far be it from me to hide my age or good looks. :D

jmonroe

'15 Genesis Ultimate just like jmonroe's. '18 Legacy Limited with 3.6R (Mrs. j's)
    Driver, did your friend somehow do the recording, or is this something the dealer supplies now? If so, first time I have heard of that, but interesting concept.

• graphicguygraphicguy Member Posts: 13,665
    Speaking from break up experience....

1. Make it clear that the break up is final....as emphatically and crystal clear as possible without showing any emotion.
    2. Make it exceedingly clear that s/he is not to contact you ever again...FOR ANY REASON!
    3. Block any and all phone numbers, emails, mail from the former partner!
    4. In the highly unlikely event that the former partner is able to get through to you, make it even more emphatic, to the point of raised voice, that they are to NEVER contact you again, and if they do, the next move will be to invoke whatever legal remedies are available for stalking.

Accepting their calls, texts, emails, visits, etc encourages them. DON’T DO THAT!
    2023 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring
    Went hiking with the GF today in Yellow Springs OH. Beautiful day, and practically no one around. Thought we’d take a shower to go out for dinner. She’s napping right here next to me on the couch. I think it’s going to be a bottle of wine and a pizza kind of Saturday night.

Parking at Yellow Springs, I looked down and saw this. Never noticed the odometer of any car I’ve owned turn to a number like this....

`
  • houdini1houdini1 Member Posts: 8,327
    edited August 2020
    driver100 said:

A friend came over today. She has a 3 year old Honda CRV with 10000 miles on it. Took it in for the first service after the warranty period...and she showed us a 2 minute video of the work being done on her car. They look at things like the brake pads and report how much life is left.....also a brief outline of what they did....on every part they examine. Very impressive. The work area was immaculate too.

Not a bad idea having the service techs were body cams like the police, to prove they actually did the work.

2013 LX 570 2016 LS 460

stickguy said:

Driver, did your friend somehow do the recording, or is this something the dealer supplies now? If so, first time I have heard of that, but interesting concept.

Stick, it was done by the dealer and sent to her phone. He shows each thing he actually worked on and he talks about it as he inspects the part. I don't see where you can see an example, but their website is at:
    https://www.sterlinghonda.com/service-parts/parts-service-videos/
    It is state of the art service. I take my car in and they check it over, but I have no idea how much life is left for my brakes, or filters...but, they give you percentages and say, this is still excellent and things like that.

• omarmanomarman Member Posts: 2,702

1. Make it clear that the break up is final....as emphatically and crystal clear as possible without showing any emotion.
    2. Make it exceedingly clear that s/he is not to contact you ever again...FOR ANY REASON!
    4. In the highly unlikely event that the former partner is able to get through to you, make it even more emphatic, to the point of raised voice, that they are to NEVER contact you again, and if they do, the next move will be to invoke whatever legal remedies are available for stalking.

Accepting their calls, texts, emails, visits, etc encourages them. DON’T DO THAT!

You should have been a life coach or mentor. Nobody ever gave me a break up checklist like that when I was young and needed it. All I had was "don't put it in." And I had to learn that on my own.
    A time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing.
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,057
    Our mini dealer does the same thing, a little walk and talk video

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

Acura just gives me a nice color coded checklist. That is good enough, especially on the new cars. I figure if they are going to "cheat" it will be saying it needs something it really doesn't, and that I would always double check.

not an issue at this point with the cars being so new.

• sdasda Member Posts: 6,934

Went hiking with the GF today in Yellow Springs OH. Beautiful day, and practically no one around. Thought we’d take a shower to go out for dinner. She’s napping right here next to me on the couch. I think it’s going to be a bottle of wine and a pizza kind of Saturday night.

Parking at Yellow Springs, I looked down and saw this. Never noticed the odometer of any car I’ve owned turn to a number like this....

`

I like the clear and clean presentation of the gauges. I saw a white Stinger go by today. It’s a nice looking car and you don’t see them at every corner like you do the Accord. A little uniqueness is a good thing.

2018 VW Passat SE w/tech, 2016 Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/tech, 2006 Acura TL w/nav

Kia has started putting Michelin Primacy tires on some Stingers instead of Pilot Sports. So in addition to a reduced handling capability the top speed is reduced as well.
    Meh.

omarman said:

You should have been a life coach or mentor. Nobody ever gave me a break up checklist like that when I was young and needed it. All I had was "don't put it in." And I had to learn that on my own.
    The stories I could tell. This all comes from experience.

I’m a sucker for tears. You cry in front of me and I’ll do my level best to soothe your soul and to make you feel better. That flaw has never served me well when it came to relationships. You’re not doing them any favors when it comes to break ups. It gives them false hope.

The aggrieved party views it as perhaps the break up isn’t a break up at all if you’re still communicating.

• explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,250
    edited August 2020
    Here's a picture of the gut in bucket truck king down a tree that had a bunch of hanging broken branches.

A tree on the other side of the yard had a huge branch break off, about 3 foot diameter where it attached to the tree.
    I walked off the distance from the base of the tree to the end of the branch, 28 paces.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert

Kia has started putting Michelin Primacy tires on some Stingers instead of Pilot Sports. So in addition to a reduced handling capability the top speed is reduced as well.
    Meh.

handling feel could make a difference, if a specific driver notices at the margins (and it bothers them) but I really doubt that dropping the top speed limiter from 149 to something like 130 is going to make 1 iota of difference. Not like they limited to 65 or something. It is still way faster than anyone will ever drive the car.

omarman said:

I’m a sucker for tears. You cry in front of me and I’ll do my level best to soothe your soul and to make you feel better. That flaw has never served me well when it came to relationships. You’re not doing them any favors when it comes to break ups. It gives them false hope.

The aggrieved party views it as perhaps the break up isn’t a break up at all if you’re still communicating.

....but, when you do breakup....best not to do it in an email or tweet :p

edited August 2020
    stickguy said:

Meh.

handling feel could make a difference, if a specific driver notices at the margins (and it bothers them) but I really doubt that dropping the top speed limiter from 149 to something like 130 is going to make 1 iota of difference. Not like they limited to 65 or something. It is still way faster than anyone will ever drive the car.
    Except that they claim to be taking on the Europeans. I'm not buying a car hamstrung by tires that at best are average and also is saddled with a ridiculously low governed top speed(See: Volvo).

I’m a sucker for tears. You cry in front of me and I’ll do my level best to soothe your soul and to make you feel better.

My college girlfriend(the Beautiful Bipolar Redhead) could turn on the tears in a nanosecond.

omarman said:

Sucker for tears? Well, *sniff* I’d really like it *sniff* if you’d park your Stinger in my driveway and *sniff* let me drive it. :'(:'(:'(

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

Here's a picture of the gut in bucket truck king down a tree that had a bunch of hanging broken branches.

A tree on the other side of the yard had a huge branch break off, about 3 foot diameter where it attached to the tree.
    I walked off the distance from the base of the tree to the end of the branch, 28 paces.

That guy is giving you the stink eye for taking pictures of him.

I saw a Mitsu Mirage with racing stripes like this today.

Why?

• ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,024
    edited August 2020
    Today I was at a big home improvement store that is just down the street from a Mazda dealer, who was closed. I decided to go take a look at the CX-30 since I hadn’t seen one.

I must be allergic to Mazdas because I had a hard time telling the various SUVs apart from each other. They all look pretty much alike. Plus at this dealer they only had about 4 colours available, about half of them red. Now the Mazda red is a nice color but it is on so many of their models it gets a bit tired. They have a dark blue that is so dark it reads as black, a color called Titanium Flash that looked like one of their famous non-colours, not really gray, not really green or brown, sort of a metallic mud. Then white of course. That was it. I was surprised to find one with what they called a white leather interior. But it was just the seats that were white. Door cards were all black, as was the dash and other interior pieces, without even a hint of the seat color anywhere else. Looked wrong.

The other thing that I found odd was the front end. The leading edge of the hood projects forward over the grille like a knife-edged brow. The forward edge was drawn so sharp that I wondered how it passed whatever pedestrian safety regulations that exist, and it seemed a prime spot for paint chips or dents from road debris and possible rust. Overall it just left me cold.

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

It seems wrong to have the hood and grill extend further out than the front bumper:

Interior.......would be nice to have more light colors used...door panels and instrument panel:

I saw a Mitsu Mirage with racing stripes like this today.

Why?

The stripe doesn't help, the blue wheels don't help, nothing would help;

My neighbor has an Outlander...approx 2010, looks something like this;

....looks much better and I had a rental....that I really liked. I'd rather buy the 2010 model and drive it than that other thing.