Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Anyone else having cvt problems with their 2019 Altima?

AltimadisappointmentAltimadisappointment Member Posts: 3
edited August 2020 in Nissan
When going under 15 mph,my Altima jerks back and forth. Brought it back several times for this complaint. Everytime I am told nothing can be done. This is a "characteristic" and some customers have this problem while others don't. Or they say this is a software problem,but Nissan does not have a software fix. This is not acceptable!! Who wants to have a car that jerks you back and forth everytime you go under 15 mph. So,hoping if there is enough complaints with their 2019 Altima,Nissan will finally do something about it.

Answers

• xwesxxwesx Member Posts: 16,788
    That doesn't sound like fun, and you shouldn't need to put up with it. You might consider approaching it as a lemon and get a lawyer involved (if necessary).

DCT (dual clutch automatic transmissions) will often be a little "jerky" when going at extremely slow speeds (~5 mph, such as in a parking garage), but there should be no such issue in a CVT. In fact, the design of the CVT should make it the smoothest transmission available (at any speed). If it is anything other than smooth, then it is not working correctly.
    2018 Subaru Crosstrek, 2014 Audi Q7 TDI, 2013 Subaru Forester, 1969 Chevrolet C20, 1969 Ford Econoline 100, 1976 Ford F250
  • Thank you for your response. Being that this is a lease,I am not sure if it would come under the Lemon Law. I just can't wait until my lease is up in 2022. Never again can I trust Nissan with their vehicles. Such a big disappointment that nothing was done to correct this cvt problem.
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,979

Thank you for your response. Being that this is a lease,I am not sure if it would come under the Lemon Law. I just can't wait until my lease is up in 2022. Never again can I trust Nissan with their vehicles. Such a big disappointment that nothing was done to correct this cvt problem.

You can most certainly file a claim under your states lemon laws, even on a leased vehicle.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Well,thank you for that. I will seek out the lemon law here. I just thought it was only for purchases.Much appreciate your response.