Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Edmunds Members - Cars and Conversations

Comments

• driver100driver100 Member Posts: 31,964
    ab348 said:

The most unbelievable thing about that car chase was that the little Renault was able to take all that abuse without pieces falling off. Not the most robust cars.

...at the end the Renault was in perfect condition....not even a dent. Even one driven carefully wouldn't be that perfect. In fact a normal one is so fragile it wouldn't last through a quarter of that kind of driving.

2017 MB E400 , 2015 MB GLK350, 2014 MB C250

• ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,029
    My mistake, but that makes it even more remarkable.

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

• oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,559

@oldfarmer50,
    Actually the guy in the bucket was saying "I can see oldfarmer50 doing doughnuts in his driveway from here". :D

I’m pretty tame in my driveway ever since one winter I got frustrated with the snow and ice impeding movement of my RWD Charger and gunned it. Put one of the rocks that I use for paving right through the patio door glass.😢

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,312
    edited August 2020
    The Club Sport hit 147,000 miles yesterday on the way to work. It’s still running great and it’s a pleasure to drive. I need to pull the door panels(I hope that they don’t catch fire and explode!) to reattach some of the mounting points- an E36 hallmark. I figure that while I have the panels off I might as well install Bavsound speakers in both the door and kick panels.
    If I ever have the disposable income I’ll install a 2 liter stroker motor; that would boost the horsepower by about 40% but would still look dead stock from the outside.
    In a related story, a friend from 318ti.org put his modified ti up for sale; I wish I had the room for it. It’s a Calypso Red slick top Sport fitted with an E36 M3 motor and six speed manual. He did an extremely professional job- it even has an M3 instrument cluster.
    Stupid cheap at only $8,500.

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

I’m pretty tame in my driveway ever since one winter I got frustrated with the snow and ice impeding movement of my RWD Charger and gunned it. Put one of the rocks that I use for paving right through the patio door glass.😢

A friend refers to my driveway as a personal rally stage. I used to really hammer it in the corners, but I recently spent a chunk of money hauling in a couple of truckloads of gravel and having it graded- so it now has a 15 mph speed limit.

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

• jmonroe1jmonroe1 Member Posts: 7,464

The Club Sport hit 147,000 miles yesterday on the way to work. It’s still running great and it’s a pleasure to drive. I need to pull the door panels(I hope that they don’t catch fire and explode!) to reattach some of the mounting points- an E36 hallmark. I figure that while I have the panels off I might as well install Bavsound speakers in both the door and kick panels.
    If I ever have the disposable income I’ll install a 2 liter stroker motor; that would boost the horsepower by about 40% but would still look dead stock from the outside.
    In a related story, a friend from 318ti.org put his modified ti up for sale; I wish I had the room for it. It’s a Calypso Red slick top Sport fitted with an E36 M3 motor and six speed manual. He did an extremely professional job- it even has an M3 instrument cluster.

Definitely a job that should be done in the driveway so that the impending fire doesn’t spread to the house. :'(

jmonroe

'15 Genesis Ultimate just like jmonroe's. '18 Legacy Limited with 3.6R (Mrs. j's)
    We had an electrician here yesterday....2 indoor outlets stopped working and 2 outdoor ones have never worked....we have been in the house 12 years and it is 14 years old.
    We asked about a generator. He said there are two types, a basic to run the furnace, fridge, TV, lights and much more expensive one that would run the whole house.
    I think we would opt for the basic model. He installs Generac.
    Any idea how much these should cost to install? Is it worth it?

edited August 2020
    Is it CYA time at Kia?

I just received a letter from Kia corporate concerning oil change intervals. They say that even though 7500 miles is the recommended OCI, many owners are driving “Severe Usage Conditions”. They consider severe usage as driving in the cold, short trips, going up hills and driving in dusty conditions. They then go on to say that severe usage is now typical for “many and perhaps most American drivers”.

They imply that because of this you should change oil at 3750 miles instead of 7500. They go on to mention keeping an eye out for excessive oil consumption. Of course they suggest you visit the Kia dealer to get all your service done.

This got me thinking of oil burning in Chrysler’s Tigershark engine which is a derivative of the World Engine that appears in many Hyundai/Kia and Mitsu cars. While Chrysler’s Tigershark is a further advancement of the WE, all these engines must share some common traits. Could oil burning be one of them?

I find it more than coincidence that I got this letter just at this time. Could this be Kia trying to get ahead of potential consumer complaints by saying people didn’t perform proper maintenance if they didn’t change oil at 3750 miles?

I change mine at 5000 with full synthetic. I’m assuming that would be as good as convention oil at 3750.

Any thoughts?

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• graphicguygraphicguy Member Posts: 13,665
    driver100 said:

I’m a sucker for tears. You cry in front of me and I’ll do my level best to soothe your soul and to make you feel better.

Do it at a neutral sight...not at your place. You are then going to have to “kick her out” which just exacerbates an already tense situation.

Looking back, I’m hoping that these experiences are more a function of my longevity and not of my “jerkiness”. Maybe a little of both!
    Consider yourself fortunate GG. I don't recall a woman ever crying when it was time for me to go. It must be nice to be wanted!
    LOL! As my GF sometimes says....”I go between loving you more than anything on earth to wanting to hang you upside down by your toes.” I seem to have that effect on every female I’ve ever been involved with.

Or, I’m attracted to the ones who are a bit off kilter.

2023 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring
  • suydamsuydam Member Posts: 4,676
    More frequent oil changes = more $$ for their service departments.
    And they know people are driving less.
    '14 Buick Encore Convenience
    '17 Chevy Volt Premiere
  • stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,435
    Better too early than too late?

It is true that if you read the severe schedule conditions, a lot of people do fall into that category.

I just go with the maintenance minder on the Acura. That should recognize and adjust to conditions requiring an earlier change. But, I don’t drive enough miles to even hit that before I get to the max time of 12 months.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

driver100 said:

We had an electrician here yesterday....2 indoor outlets stopped working and 2 outdoor ones have never worked....we have been in the house 12 years and it is 14 years old.
    We asked about a generator. He said there are two types, a basic to run the furnace, fridge, TV, lights and much more expensive one that would run the whole house.

Generac is the big brand name. US, I think 3-5k? Bigger up units of course cost more. Install, that is expensive.

• imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,132
    Sounds like CYA. Good thing it isn't GM sending out those letters. Sounds a little like toyota with their 7500 mile OCI and then gel and ruined engines occurred.

Whether synthetic oil helps the problem would depend on what's causing the oil consumption. Stuck rings should be helped by oil of higher quality. Weak rings, not so much.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

• graphicguygraphicguy Member Posts: 13,665

Is it CYA time at Kia?

I just received a letter from Kia corporate concerning oil change intervals. They say that even though 7500 miles is the recommended OCI, many owners are driving “Severe Usage Conditions”. They consider severe usage as driving in the cold, short trips, going up hills and driving in dusty conditions. They then go on to say that severe usage is now typical for “many and perhaps most American drivers”.

They imply that because of this you should change oil at 3750 miles instead of 7500. They go on to mention keeping an eye out for excessive oil consumption. Of course they suggest you visit the Kia dealer to get all your service done.

This got me thinking of oil burning in Chrysler’s Tigershark engine which is a derivative of the World Engine that appears in many Hyundai/Kia and Mitsu cars. While Chrysler’s Tigershark is a further advancement of the WE, all these engines must share some common traits. Could oil burning be one of them?

I find it more than coincidence that I got this letter just at this time. Could this be Kia a trying to get ahead of potential consumer complaints by saying people didn’t perform proper maintenance if they didn’t change oil at 3750 miles?

I change mine at 5000 with full synthetic. I’m assuming that would be as good as convention oil at 3750.

Any thoughts?

Having just had my oil changed. My manual states to change it every 6,000 miles (full synthetic). Even the KIA app on my phone sends oil change reminders at 6K. Never seen anything differentiating between severe or “normal” usage.

Your letter sounds like a blanket “catch all” for all KIA vehicles, maybe penned when they were here pushing the woeful Sephia?

2023 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring
  • pensfan83pensfan83 Member Posts: 2,538

A few months after having my new front speakers installed in the Prelude the power window/lock switches would periodically stop working and the sound cut in and out. Turns out the wiring in the doors was so brittle from age trying to patch it would have been futile so I kept the harnesses but replaced the wiring. It was probably on its way out anyway but removing the door panels and jostling the wires around probably didn't help so I would take a look at the wiring in the door while you're in there.
    1997 Honda Prelude Base - 2022 Acura MDX Type S Advance - 2021 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road - 2006 BMW 330Ci ZHP
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,889
    driver100 said:

Don't know how big your house is or the amenities, but the online place I got mine from has a 7.5Kw unit with 50A ATS for just $2k. https://www.nationwidegenerators.com/generac-powerpact-7-5kw-home-standby-generator-50-amp-8-circuit-ats-6998-w-e-stop/

Seems like a great deal. I couldn't speak to install costs. I know they want A LOT. Quotes are usually $5k and up all in. I spent $3300 on my Briggs and Stratton 12kw unit with 200A ATS and installed it myself. Even my 12kw requires I shut off the pool during power outage and be careful not to run the electric oven while any of the central AC units is running. But I shut off the pool panel, turn off the compressor in the garage, and turn off the downstairs AC and we seem to be just fine. During the recent 4-day outage, I avoided steady running for anything more than 12 hrs, with at least 1 hr breaks thrown in, usually longer. Some people never shut theirs off during long outages, but I believe that is a bad idea. I found mine needed a half qt of oil after day 2, so I'm very glad I did what I did.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

Since we've talked solar here on occasion, I figure I'll share today's calculation.

So far, having just passed the 4-yr anniversary of having solar in our current home, it has earned 71 SRECs, at about $240 ea, for a total of $17k. It has also saved us $8,963 in electricity. So about $26k total. That is nearly half the system cost ($55k) in just 4 yrs. So figure year 8-9 is the breakeven. I guessed 7-8 yrs originally. Or I should say I calculated 7-8 yrs. Electricity seems to be cheaper right now than in the past. Less than 13 cents per Kwh. I used 15 cents in my original calculation. In any case, certainly a worthwhile investment.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

Sounds like CYA. Good thing it isn't GM sending out those letters. Sounds a little like toyota with their 7500 mile OCI and then gel and ruined engines occurred.

Whether synthetic oil helps the problem would depend on what's causing the oil consumption. Stuck rings should be helped by oil of higher quality. Weak rings, not so much.

Normally I would blow these kind of letters off as just a way to get you into the dealer but when they mentioned future oil burning it got me thinking. There have been a lot of engine designs that in retrospect would have lasted a lot longer with short OCI. The Chrysler 2.7L comes to mind. With OCD 3k oil changes they could last a lot longer.

I called Kia customer service to ask what type of oil they were talking about for the shorter change intervals and the clueless rep said “both”. He seemed to have no idea what I was talking about even though I read the letter to him over the phone.

He probably rides a bicycle. :D

Is it CYA time at Kia?

I find it more than coincidence that I got this letter just at this time. Could this be Kia a trying to get ahead of potential consumer complaints by saying people didn’t perform proper maintenance if they didn’t change oil at 3750 miles?

Any thoughts?

Having just had my oil changed. My manual states to change it every 6,000 miles (full synthetic). Even the KIA app on my phone sends oil change reminders at 6K. Never seen anything differentiating between severe or “normal” usage.

Your letter sounds like a blanket “catch all” for all KIA vehicles, maybe penned when they were here pushing the woeful Sephia?

Your OCI is based on it having a turbo. According to my letter you should go down to 3k changes as I can imagine you driving “severely”. ;)

I think that it is a waste of time and money to change your oil before 1 year or 6k miles- assuming that you are using synthetic oil that meets the manufacturers specs.

• ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,029
    driver100 said:

I think about this from time to time as well. When I had the new electrical service put in a few years ago they asked me if I wanted them to install a transfer panel at the same time. Not understanding what it was I said no. Now I wish I had. I think that if you have natural gas service (I do) one makes a lot of sense. You don't need to concern yourself with fuel for it, it runs once a week (or month, not sure) for a short time just to keep itself in good operating order, and the circuitry can be configured to run the important things without intervention from the homeowners.

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

ab348 said:

driver100 said:

I think about this from time to time as well. When I had the new electrical service put in a few years ago they asked me if I wanted them to install a transfer panel at the same time. Not understanding what it was I said no. Now I wish I had. I think that if you have natural gas service (I do) one makes a lot of sense. You don't need to concern yourself with fuel for it, it runs once a week (or month, not sure) for a short time just to keep itself in good operating order, and the circuitry can be configured to run the important things without intervention from the homeowners.
    Mine cycles once a week for 10-15 mins.

stickguy said:

driver100 said:

Generac is the big brand name. US, I think 3-5k? Bigger up units of course cost more. Install, that is expensive.
    Thanks Stick. He estimated $4000, for a full spectrum model it would be around $10000 - $12000.

qbrozen said:

driver100 said:

Don't know how big your house is or the amenities, but the online place I got mine from has a 7.5Kw unit with 50A ATS for just $2k. https://www.nationwidegenerators.com/generac-powerpact-7-5kw-home-standby-generator-50-amp-8-circuit-ats-6998-w-e-stop/

Seems like a great deal. I couldn't speak to install costs. I know they want A LOT. Quotes are usually $5k and up all in. I spent $3300 on my Briggs and Stratton 12kw unit with 200A ATS and installed it myself. Even my 12kw requires I shut off the pool during power outage and be careful not to run the electric oven while any of the central AC units is running. But I shut off the pool panel, turn off the compressor in the garage, and turn off the downstairs AC and we seem to be just fine. During the recent 4-day outage, I avoided steady running for anything more than 12 hrs, with at least 1 hr breaks thrown in, usually longer. Some people never shut theirs off during long outages, but I believe that is a bad idea. I found mine needed a half qt of oil after day 2, so I'm very glad I did what I did.
    Thanks for the info Q. This would be about $4000 installed...not sure of the size. It will run off natural gas, so could stay on.

ab348 said:

driver100 said:

We have natural gas and our thinking is the same. It would be a big inconvenience to lose all your refrigerated/frozen foods, and to freeze if the temperature is really cold. We could manage without, but, what a nice thing to have if the power goes out!

When I finally get out of this house, I plan to get one in the new place, and want fully integrated into the natural gas line, and nominally whole house. I won’t get a pool again either do that will help.

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,090
    All this talk of generators has me thinking. We've been very fortunate not to have lengthy power outages here; the ones we have had have been less than an hour. But, one good blizzard that takes out a substation and - BAM! - we could be off line for a while.

Pretty big investment, but I understand it as an insurance policy.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

Yup. For me, depends where we go, and how reliable the grid is, and consequences of being without power. If it’s below zero in the winter, more worried than if I live in San Diego.

I think the longest we were ever without power in Ohio was 3 days. Of course that was with below zero temps too. When I saw the dog shivering I knew it was time to find another place to stay for awhile! Most times though no longer than a day, so not worth it to go to the expense of a generator.
    '17 Chevy Volt Premiere
  • omarmanomarman Member Posts: 2,702
    Was that 3 day outage just before Christmas in 2004? That one had a lot of my neighbors making last minute holiday travel plans to stay with family outside of central Ohio. One couple stuck it out for as long as they could but then packed up and headed to Chillicothe. My wife promised to call them as soon we got power back at our house. Later that same day...

A time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing.
    Michaell said:

All this talk of generators has me thinking. We've been very fortunate not to have lengthy power outages here; the ones we have had have been less than an hour. But, one good blizzard that takes out a substation and - BAM! - we could be off line for a while.

It is a lot of money, but we are saving a lot by not traveling or going to events.....and doing Driver Amortization Rationalization (DAR) plan just $400 a year over 10 years....not to mention it is annoying to lose a freezer full of food and be without heat in below freezing weather.

We were without power for about a week after Sandy, have gone maybe 10 hrs at most since then, up until this 4-day outage. But it happens often enough to be frustrating. Very very glad to have the genny with this last outage.

• explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,255
    edited August 2020
    Back in October 2012, we were out for 11 days on my street.
    We missed part of it on the front end due to being out of town.
    The last couple of days we stayed at my Mom's house about a 1/2 mile away.
    Was able to borrow a small generator, so we plugged in the fridge during the day and swapped out to a space heater at night in the finished basement.
    Last week, only out for 4 days.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,090
    driver100 said:

Michaell said:

It is a lot of money, but we are saving a lot by not traveling or going to events.....and doing Driver Amortization Rationalization (DAR) plan just $400 a year over 10 years....not to mention it is annoying to lose a freezer full of food and be without heat in below freezing weather.
    I do think of the DAR on stuff like this.

I'm hoping not to be in this house for 10 more years, frankly.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,096
    Maybe one drawback of living in a boomburb zoo - infrequent power outages, and when they take place, they are short. I am on the same grid as the local high school, I am pretty sure - it has been used as a shelter in the past, so it gets priority. After the 2006 storm, where many people were out for a week or more, I think I was out maybe 10 hours.
    Around here, I'm thinking an automatic whole house generator is a good selling feature.
    pensfan83 said:

A few months after having my new front speakers installed in the Prelude the power window/lock switches would periodically stop working and the sound cut in and out. Turns out the wiring in the doors was so brittle from age trying to patch it would have been futile so I kept the harnesses but replaced the wiring. It was probably on its way out anyway but removing the door panels and jostling the wires around probably didn't help so I would take a look at the wiring in the door while you're in there.
    I'll definitely give everything a hard look while I'm in there.

• jmonroe1jmonroe1 Member Posts: 7,464
    driver100 said:

ab348 said:

driver100 said:

We have natural gas and our thinking is the same. It would be a big inconvenience to lose all your refrigerated/frozen foods, and to freeze if the temperature is really cold. We could manage without, but, what a nice thing to have if the power goes out!
    I thought you went to Florida when the weather went upside down. As for losing fridge and freezer items, you can replace dozens of those failures for what you’d pay for a backup power system. We don’t lose power very often and when we do it’s never been a problem in my hood. So, it’s going to have to be a cold day in Hawaii before I’d think twice about a backup power system.

jmonroe
    '15 Genesis Ultimate just like jmonroe's. '18 Legacy Limited with 3.6R (Mrs. j's)
  • ventureventure Member Posts: 2,860
    suydam said:

I think the longest we were ever without power in Ohio was 3 days. Of course that was with below zero temps too. When I saw the dog shivering I knew it was time to find another place to stay for awhile! Most times though no longer than a day, so not worth it to go to the expense of a generator.

Not to make light of the poor dog being cold, but "When I saw the dog shivering..." made me laugh.

2020 Ascent Limited, 2024 Subaru Legacy Sport

I know! This is a dog who could head out in minus zero weather without a thought. I guess sitting in a cold house is much different! The whole story is very funny now, but at the time, not so much!
    '17 Chevy Volt Premiere
    what I really need is back up power to our sump pump. That is where we will get killed if the extended outage coincides with a rain event.

There is such a thing as a battery backup system for sump pumps.
    I don't want to put in a 2nd unit. and had a surprising amount of trouble finding a simple battery to add inline.

Michaell said:

driver100 said:

Michaell said:

I do think of the DAR on stuff like this.

I'm hoping not to be in this house for 10 more years, frankly.
    You should get most of the money back when selling.....if I wanted a particular house I would probably pay the additional amount for a generator.

jmonroe1 said:

driver100 said:

ab348 said:

driver100 said:

I thought you went to Florida when the weather went upside down. As for losing fridge and freezer items, you can replace dozens of those failures for what you’d pay for a backup power system. We don’t lose power very often and when we do it’s never been a problem in my hood. So, it’s going to have to be a cold day in Hawaii before I’d think twice about a backup power system.

jmonroe
    I doubt if we will be going to Florida this winter. But, actually being in Florida could be more of a reason to buy a generator....if the power was off for days things in the fridge/freezer could could spoil and go really bad. The power did go off for 4 days about 5 years ago......up until then I came home around New Years....but now Mrs D comes back....won't get me coming back. We had to sleep in jackets, and had to go to a restaurant for dinner and a coffee (I was ready to pay $20 for a coffee)....one more night and I would have tried to find a hotel...I couldn't wait another day.
    You don't want one because the moths will fly out of your wallet. :D

• tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,852
    qbrozen said:

Since we've talked solar here on occasion, I figure I'll share today's calculation.

So far, having just passed the 4-yr anniversary of having solar in our current home, it has earned 71 SRECs, at about $240 ea, for a total of $17k. It has also saved us $8,963 in electricity. So about $26k total. That is nearly half the system cost ($55k) in just 4 yrs. So figure year 8-9 is the breakeven. I guessed 7-8 yrs originally. Or I should say I calculated 7-8 yrs. Electricity seems to be cheaper right now than in the past. Less than 13 cents per Kwh. I used 15 cents in my original calculation. In any case, certainly a worthwhile investment.

So you bought your system? Is there interest costs to add to that 55K or did you already do that?

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

• nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,373
    stickguy said:

what I really need is back up power to our sump pump. That is where we will get killed if the extended outage coincides with a rain event.

@stickguy - battery backups are only good for so long. During and extended outage, your water pressure remains constant.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,852
    Aren’t those check valves too high? Mine are a little lower than that and occasionally the water going back down the pipe triggers the pump again. I have to see if I can adjust the float.

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

is that one of those pressure driven back-up pumps? So you need 2 pumps in the same hole?

how does that work with the drain pipe? Do you need 2 of those or just have them join up at some point?

a guy down the street put one it and was all excited by it, but I did not ask him too many details.

• nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,373
    I’ll echo @qbrozen’s comments about solar. We are on our 3rd year with it. Although we went a different route and leased our solar panels for 20 years from Tesla (formerly Solar City). It costs us (year 3) $109/month to lease the panels plus we still have to pay the Eversource. Last month’s bill was $148 (plus $109) and that was with running the A/C 24/7 for the entire month. April, May, & June my bill from Eversource was less than $10 (plus the $109). Our cost to lease the solar panels goes up 2.9% per year.

This storm caught Eversource off guard. It’s going to cost them a lot of money to clean up. The money doesn’t come out of their pocket, they’ll request a rate increase (of a lot more than 2.9%) and will get it.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD