Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Edmunds Members - Cars and Conversations

Comments

• oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,664
    driver100 said:

andres3 said:

What I need to find is some old geezer that chose to buy a B8.5 S4 in Misano Red with the Magma Red/Black Nappa Leather interior combo, with a DSG, rear sports differential, B&O audio, with super low miles (hence the old geezer), and never crashed or crashed into, and that's all I'm asking!

Is that really too much to ask? :smile:

Another great thing about that model is that if 4.9 zero to 60's are not good enough for you, the drive train is stout enough to reliably handle stage 2 upgrades well north of 400 HP.

You want an old geezer milage but he’s got to drive with NASCAR pro skills so he doesn’t scratch it up? I’m sure you‘ll have an easier time finding a unicorn first. I have those same unrealistic needs too which is why I stick with hoopties. A real desirable car like that commands a sky high price.
    This was OPI....Our Personal Opinion, but when we were looking for a 3 year old car for Florida it was between a BMW 328 and a Mercedes C 250. It was just our thinking....may be very wrong, there was more of a chance the MB was driven more carefully by a more mature person, and the BMW COULD have been driven by a younger more aggressive individual. Just our informal perceptions.
    An old guy with a carefully driven S4............sounds like a stretch.
    I think your perceptions are valid...to an extent. The rental industry is an exaggerated version of the real world. There are a few types (usually boring) that I might buy but I would never buy a sports or performance ex rental. The drivers of those cars tend to be young and wild.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

Another rabbit hole we can go down.......

https://youtu.be/jdPi81V1Z24

I watch her a few times but lost interest. Isn’t she former military? Maybe it’s the military training that makes her stiff.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• driver100driver100 Member Posts: 31,976

driver100 said:

driver100 said:

jmonroe1 said:

driver100 said:

ab348 said:

driver100 said:

We had an electrician here yesterday....2 indoor outlets stopped working and 2 outdoor ones have never worked....we have been in the house 12 years and it is 14 years old.
    We asked about a generator. He said there are two types, a basic to run the furnace, fridge, TV, lights and much more expensive one that would run the whole house.
    I think we would opt for the basic model. He installs Generac.
    Any idea how much these should cost to install? Is it worth it?

I think about this from time to time as well. When I had the new electrical service put in a few years ago they asked me if I wanted them to install a transfer panel at the same time. Not understanding what it was I said no. Now I wish I had. I think that if you have natural gas service (I do) one makes a lot of sense. You don't need to concern yourself with fuel for it, it runs once a week (or month, not sure) for a short time just to keep itself in good operating order, and the circuitry can be configured to run the important things without intervention from the homeowners.
    We have natural gas and our thinking is the same. It would be a big inconvenience to lose all your refrigerated/frozen foods, and to freeze if the temperature is really cold. We could manage without, but, what a nice thing to have if the power goes out!
    I thought you went to Florida when the weather went upside down. As for losing fridge and freezer items, you can replace dozens of those failures for what you’d pay for a backup power system. We don’t lose power very often and when we do it’s never been a problem in my hood. So, it’s going to have to be a cold day in Hawaii before I’d think twice about a backup power system.

jmonroe
    I doubt if we will be going to Florida this winter. But, actually being in Florida could be more of a reason to buy a generator....if the power was off for days things in the fridge/freezer could could spoil and go really bad. The power did go off for 4 days about 5 years ago......up until then I came home around New Years....but now Mrs D comes back....won't get me coming back. We had to sleep in jackets, and had to go to a restaurant for dinner and a coffee (I was ready to pay $20 for a coffee)....one more night and I would have tried to find a hotel...I couldn't wait another day.
    You don't want one because the moths will fly out of your wallet. :D
    You’re better off not traveling until this mess settles down. Restrictions are crazy. My BIL’s mother just died and he can’t come from Florida for the funeral because of the quarantine restrictions. I offered to pick him up in Hartford and drive him into the state through MA which doesn’t require a 14 day quarantine but I think he’s too fearful of getting sick himself to go anywhere.
    Definitely not going to Florida until things are under control. and I mean 99.8% good. I don't want to be here in the winter, but still better than trying to avoid the virus. Plus we have our medical paid, and lots of room in the hospitals these days. And, we would have to isolate for 14 days when we got back. If this is under control would still like to go in February or even March. The C250 may have to go 2 years between oil changes, and the STABIL will have to stay good for 2 years too.
    Or you could send me the keys and I’ll spend the winter there keeping your car exercised 💪 and ensuring that the beds don’t have bugs.🐜
    You guys are the best....what a nice generous thoughtful offer :p

2017 MB E400 , 2015 MB GLK350, 2014 MB C250

@driver100,
    I'm sure the squatters will enjoy having a long sty before the owner shows up. ;)

That's a risk....but our neighbors check on our place on a regular basis.
    So don't get any ideas :)

• cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Member Posts: 5,505
    abacomike said:

I will wait another day before calling her again

You appear to have worse luck than any 50 other people, but that aside this windshield thing tells the "rest" of us (you know, the others) that spending a fortune on a car that you rarely drive is a horror show.

Sad

'08 Acura TSX, '17 Subaru Forester
  • explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,317
    @driverr100,
    Don't worry, no change I'm going to Florida any time soon. B)
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert

@driverr100,
    Don't worry, no change I'm going to Florida any time soon. B)

Good, I'll ask my neighbors who know everything that happens to keep a special lookout for a 2019 Lincoln MKZ Reserve 1, 2017 or Ford F-150 Limited ;)

• graphicguygraphicguy Member Posts: 13,665

Another rabbit hole we can go down.......

https://youtu.be/jdPi81V1Z24

I watch her a few times but lost interest. Isn’t she former military? Maybe it’s the military training that makes her stiff.
    Yeah...she’s former military. She doesn’t take herself so seriously. I guess that’s why I like her.

I’ve really trimmed the amount of automotive you tube videos I’ve watched over the past several weeks.

I used to watch The Fast Land Car quite a bit. But, the main guy’s son, who now is in a lot of their videos, just rubs me the wrong way. So, I quit.
    2023 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring
  • abacomikeabacomike Member Posts: 12,258

abacomike said:

I will wait another day before calling her again

You appear to have worse luck than any 50 other people, but that aside this windshield thing tells the "rest" of us (you know, the others) that spending a fortune on a car that you rarely drive is a horror show.

Sad

Yes it is, cdn! MBUSA and my service manager have let me down. I can't believe how unresponsive Mercedes has been - MBUSA especially! I keep calling and I get no response. Pathetic! After owning 20 MB vehicles, I would think they would try to make me feel better about the brand!😩🙁🤨😡

2021 Genesis G90

• graphicguygraphicguy Member Posts: 13,665
    Just like a bad penny, the Niagara, NY car transport may still happen. The original guy who tried to jerk me around, wasn’t involved. But, his wife contacted me. She immediately apologized to me for his behavior and wanted to know if I’d still be willing to transport the Lexus for her. She was super nice and totally unlike her husband. I told her to get me the details of when and where the car needs to be there, and if they had the service done to make sure it doesn’t leave me stranded. She’s supposed to get me the service info and the date the car has to be there and get back to me. Could be jerking me around. Or, they shopped other transport avenues and found I was the least expensive.

Still not confident this is a transport I want to do.
    2023 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring
  • 28firefighter28firefighter Member Posts: 9,392

Just like a bad penny, the Niagara, NY car transport may still happen. The original guy who tried to jerk me around, wasn’t involved. But, his wife contacted me. She immediately apologized to me for his behavior and wanted to know if I’d still be willing to transport the Lexus for her. She was super nice and totally unlike her husband. I told her to get me the details of when and where the car needs to be there, and if they had the service done to make sure it doesn’t leave me stranded. She’s supposed to get me the service info and the date the car has to be there and get back to me. Could be jerking me around. Or, they shopped other transport avenues and found I was the least expensive.

Don't do it. Nothing good will come of it.
    2022 Tesla Model Y Performance, 2018 BMW M240i Convertible, 2015 Audi Q5 TDI
  • stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,543
    I was thinking the same thing. When your gut is giving you bad vibes, listen to it. Or stop having chili dogs for breakfast. Not like you are desperate for the money and need to take any job.

At least really do due diligence and get the waivers signed!

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342

Speaking of wiper blades and such things...I think I must be the only person who dislikes Rain X. I have carefully followed the directions but I get the same kind of chattering that Mike has. After two or three tries I have given up. I'm a solid believer also that aftermarket wiper blades never seem to work as well as OEM replacements.

Craig...I've had the same experiences with RainX. Never could get it to work the way it's advertised, even after applying it by strictly following the manufacturer's instructions. My Acura wipers worked as well after 3.5 years as they did when new...great longevity. No streaks, no noise.

Stinger wipers seem to work well, too. But, only have 6K miles on them (but have gone through some monumental rain storms and being frozen this past winter).

BTW...thought of you this a.m. as I read an article regarding Amazon wanting to buy some old Sears stores in malls to use as distribution centers.
    I missed the Amazon article but it's pretty ironic. Amazon has contributed to the failure of many companies and was another knife....a BIG knife in the side of Sears. How fitting they would use their empty stores now.

Not an Amazon hater. We order quite a bit from them. It's not without a feeling of guilt and I fear that Amazon and the Big Box stores will someday soon be our only choices.
    it's evolution. People probably cried when Sears, etc. put the local Mercantile out of business. Same with big supermarkets putting the little mom and pop neighborhood grocer and butcher out of business. HD killed the classic hardware store, so who cares if Amazon kills HD?

• fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,165
    Especially in newer built-up areas, 95% of non-Amazon choices are the big box stores already. Which chain household goods merchant/hardware store/supermarket/restaurant will I patronize today?

we at least have enough local type restaurants that we can pretty much avoid going to any of the chain places. Which is what we prefer!

shopping, harder to pull that off.

• omarmanomarman Member Posts: 2,702
    edited August 2020
    Who cares if Amazon kills HD?

Depends on how that situation evolves. The next evolutionary turn which kills Amazon is definitely not gonna be launched by your local Home Depot. Whenever ShOpBORG swallows all retail markets then we can say, "I remember when Amazon was an online bookstore. But mostly I remember books."

Life is a funny old dog. Who predicted that the market for electric cars would come from a tech company like Tesla? It's basically a non-automobile group which created the current demand for electric cars! I don't know if they've made any profit yet but Tesla may wind up as the only American company left which still builds "cars." Ford and GM have no plans to cede the truck market to Elon Musk. Yet

A time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing.
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,256
    stickguy said:

we at least have enough local type restaurants that we can pretty much avoid going to any of the chain places. Which is what we prefer!

shopping, harder to pull that off.

Agreed.
    Italian - family run place
    Mexican / Chinese - the restaurants we prefer have several locations throughout Denver, but still are locally owned
    Steakhouse - ok, this one is a chain, but I don't think there are any local ones in our town

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• andres3andres3 Member Posts: 13,729
    Carvana failed me with a low-ball offer the other day... if I'd have received VROOMS much better offer, I'd have potentially won that bid on that 6-speed manual S4 the other day. Probably was too chicken though.
    '15 Audi Misano Red Pearl S4, '16 Audi TTS Daytona Gray Pearl, Wife's '19 VW Tiguan SEL 4-Motion
  • houdini1houdini1 Member Posts: 8,327
    omarman said:

Depends on how that situation evolves. The next evolutionary turn which kills Amazon is definitely not gonna be launched by your local Home Depot. Whenever ShOpBORG swallows all retail markets then we can say, "I remember when Amazon was an online bookstore. But mostly I remember books."

Life is a funny old dog. Who predicted that the market for electric cars would come from a tech company like Tesla? It's basically a non-automobile group which created the current demand for electric cars! I don't know if they've made any profit yet but Tesla may wind up as the only American company left which still builds "cars." Ford and GM have no plans to cede the truck market to Elon Musk. Yet

From the way the Tesla P.U. looks, not a chance.

2013 LX 570 2016 LS 460

• tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,920
    stickguy said:

it's evolution. People probably cried when Sears, etc. put the local Mercantile out of business. Same with big supermarkets putting the little mom and pop neighborhood grocer and butcher out of business. HD killed the classic hardware store, so who cares if Amazon kills HD?

At the shore is a small true value hardware store. I love that place, easy to get just what you need. I don’t love the prices... much higher than HD or Lowe’s.

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

• andres3andres3 Member Posts: 13,729
    tjc78 said:

stickguy said:

At the shore is a small true value hardware store. I love that place, easy to get just what you need. I don’t love the prices... much higher than HD or Lowe’s.
    I'd appreciate a high end well run sound equipment store with lots of good demo gear, but I have to admit, I preferred the online pricing bandits.

The problem with salesman though is how they are paid. If one company is offering a higher percentage commission than the other, guess who's brand gets promoted (rather than true sound quality).
    '15 Audi Misano Red Pearl S4, '16 Audi TTS Daytona Gray Pearl, Wife's '19 VW Tiguan SEL 4-Motion
    tjc78 said:

stickguy said:

everybody loves those places. and still go to Lowes or Amazon to save money.

I assume you are versed in the pandemic restrictions in effect for NY and plan on getting out of town within 24 hours. They intimidated my BIL to the point he is skipping his mother’s funeral.

• snakeweaselsnakeweasel Member Posts: 19,328
    stickguy said:

stickguy said:

got ambitious finally today and started an application to refi the mortgage. Hopefully they are slightly more caught up. Last I heard there was such high volume it was taking forever. Debated doing it, since it should only be about 4-5 years until paid off, but rates are so low might as well. Plus in 22 months the rate adjusts, so that is guaranteed to be going up. So seems like the right time. as long as it actually works out.

I’m not a financial wizard but doesn’t refinancing at the end of the loan save a minimal amount of money?

I paid off a 60 month car loan 7 months early and only saved $42 in interest.
    Yeah your not going to save a whole lot in interest in the last 4 or 5 years of a mortgage if you refinance. You can drop your payments by a lot by refinancing and extending the term of the loan, but it would result in paying more in the end.
    There is a big difference in interest Paid on a $100,000 loan at 4.5% vs 2.5%. Even if you are working to pay it off early.
    Based on the price of the average home and going by a 30 year fixed mortgage few people will have a $100k balance with 4 years to go. Your average home owner in that situation should have a much smaller balance. Add to that that few people can cut their interest rate almost by half and add any costs associated with refinancing and the savings can be reduced significantly.

2011 Hyundai Sonata, 2014 BMW 428i convertible, 2015 Honda CTX700D

Got all the paperwork to sign to get the process moving. Interesting, it is all online now. Esign the docs, and upload all my info (pay stubs, etc.). Very easy.

0 fee Refi (with the exception of a $245 recording fee, not sure why that one was not covered but will find out at some point). So closing cost is that, and escrow/prepaid property taxes/a few days interest charge. Nothing you can do about those. So it is as close to a sign and drive as you can get.

Interest rate gets bumped 1/4 point to cover the fees. So the rate we are locked at is 2.625 on a 10 year mortgage. Replaces the last 22 years of a 10/1 arm currently @ 3.25%. That loan would have started adjusting in June 2022.

Goal is to pay off the balance early, but we weren't getting it done in 22 months! Now, saving interest immediately, and for however long we end up paying (making some extra principal payments along the way) I don't have to worry about rates going up. And at that interest rate, no huge incentive to even bother doing it early.

seemed like a no brainer move. Hopefully all goes as planned (no guarantee these days).

andres3 said:

stickguy said:

Kia has started putting Michelin Primacy tires on some Stingers instead of Pilot Sports. So in addition to a reduced handling capability the top speed is reduced as well.
    Meh.

handling feel could make a difference, if a specific driver notices at the margins (and it bothers them) but I really doubt that dropping the top speed limiter from 149 to something like 130 is going to make 1 iota of difference. Not like they limited to 65 or something. It is still way faster than anyone will ever drive the car.
    Except that they claim to be taking on the Europeans. I'm not buying a car hamstrung by tires that at best are average and also is saddled with a ridiculously low governed top speed(See: Volvo).
    I've often said, and am sure I've mentioned it before here, and I'll go ahead and write/say it again:

The boys are separated from the men, and the pretenders (quasi sporty cars) are separated from the truly serious sports vehicles by the tire sizing, setup, and selection.

For example, a base model prior generation S4 came with 245 tires, the larger wheel option being 255 section.
    My '06 A3 from 15 years ago came with 225's as a stock tire, and XL (extra load) and Y speed rated.

If your larger than a compact "sports sedan" from 2010 on doesn't even have 245's..... well.... you can figure out which category you are in (staggered tire setups excepted; of course, the larger tire will often be above these thresholds).
    What truly separates the men from the pretenders is not the equipment. Often have the right equipment is a function of enough funds and the intelligence of whom to ask. What separates the two is their technical skills on the track. I'll take someone with a marginally track worthy car and exceptional technical skills over someone with an exceptional trackcar who learned to drive by watching the fast and the furious movies.

andres3 said:

I saw a Mitsu Mirage with racing stripes like this today.

Why?

The wheels made me not even notice the stripes. Also, the wheels don't match the side mirror housings. Terrible; 3 different blues, none matching.
    It may be the same color blue but due to lighting and inherent imperfections in photography, as well as the internet, they appear to be different shades.

Speaking of wiper blades and such things...I think I must be the only person who dislikes Rain X. I have carefully followed the directions but I get the same kind of chattering that Mike has. After two or three tries I have given up. I'm a solid believer also that aftermarket wiper blades never seem to work as well as OEM replacements.

Nope, I dislike rainX also, I know others with the same opinion. Welcome to the dark side.

Back when I was in the tool business we sold or gave away the round stepped type spark plug gappers. At the time, I think our cost on these was around 40 cents. I was told that they would work in silver dollar slot machines providing the slot machine was an older model that were used in some of the smaller casinos in Nevada.

Don't know if this is true or not but I once had a walk in customer buy every one that I had as he was ready to drive to Las Vegas for the weekend. A month later he did the same thing. Never saw him again but he could be buried somewhere in the Nevada desert. At the time I hadn't heard that they would work like a silver dollar. Years later I heard that rumor and always wondered if they really did work.

Not sure if they would but I know back in the day (like the 70's) if you took a washer the same size as a quarter and filled the hole with solder (or even aluminum foil) machines would take them like quarters.

Don't ask me how I know.

• jmonroe1jmonroe1 Member Posts: 7,559

Back when I was in the tool business we sold or gave away the round stepped type spark plug gappers. At the time, I think our cost on these was around 40 cents. I was told that they would work in silver dollar slot machines providing the slot machine was an older model that were used in some of the smaller casinos in Nevada.

Don't know if this is true or not but I once had a walk in customer buy every one that I had as he was ready to drive to Las Vegas for the weekend. A month later he did the same thing. Never saw him again but he could be buried somewhere in the Nevada desert. At the time I hadn't heard that they would work like a silver dollar. Years later I heard that rumor and always wondered if they really did work.

Not sure if they would but I know back in the day (like the 70's) if you took a washer the same size as a quarter and filled the hole with solder (or even aluminum foil) machines would take them like quarters.

Don't ask me how I know.
    Now that is even more risky than cheating on you taxes. The guys that own those slot machines can have you fitted with lead shoes before you can blink. :'(

jmonroe

'15 Genesis Ultimate just like jmonroe's. '18 Legacy Limited with 3.6R (Mrs. j's)
    dino001 said:

But I think one of the best car chase scenes were in Ronin. Several, one in Marseilles, one in Paris.

The best car chase scenes were in "The Blues Brothers"

https://youtu.be/Bz81ZO0qfvI

you can go a long way on a half a tank of gas!

suydam said:

I think the longest we were ever without power in Ohio was 3 days. Of course that was with below zero temps too. When I saw the dog shivering I knew it was time to find another place to stay for awhile! Most times though no longer than a day, so not worth it to go to the expense of a generator.

IIRC the longest I was without power was just shy of 24 hours, other than that maybe 6 hours.

omarman said:

I care if Amazon kills HD, Amazon won't advise me, I cant rent equipment from Amazon, and Amazon cannot have what I need now in my hands in a half an hour.

jmonroe1 said:

Don't ask me how I know.
    Now that is even more risky than cheating on you taxes. The guys that own those slot machines can have you fitted with lead shoes before you can blink. :'(

jmonroe

1.) I was a teenager at the time and couldn't get into a casino (the aforementioned washers worked on anything that took quarters).

2.) There were no casinos near me at the time.

3.) The guys that fit you with lead boots were the same guys that taught me about the washers.

stickguy said:

you can go a long way on a half a tank of gas!

over 300 miles on the Sonata, under 100 miles on the Honda.

• jmonroe1jmonroe1 Member Posts: 7,559

jmonroe1 said:

Don't ask me how I know.

jmonroe

1.) I was a teenager at the time and couldn't get into a casino (the aforementioned washers worked on anything that took quarters).

2.) There were no casinos near me at the time.

3.) The guys that fit you with lead boots were the same guys that taught me about the washers.
    In my best Russian accent...”what a country”.

jmonroe

'15 Genesis Ultimate just like jmonroe's. '18 Legacy Limited with 3.6R (Mrs. j's)

Don't do it. Nothing good will come of it.
    Not necessarily....he might get a great story he can tell us :D

• roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,356
    edited August 2020
    As chase scenes go I vote for Vanishing Point I also like the the original Italian Job. Another one with some fun driving sequences is Two Lane Blacktop- and there is a great opening chase in Baby Driver:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ARFyrM6gVs

My son and I almost bid on the STi that did the 360 degree spin in the alley. It was hotted up a bit and had a lever that would immediately lock the brakes. Turned out it sold in the mid $20k range. We both are still mad about not going for it.

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

• roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,356
    edited August 2020
    I especially like this selection from the BMW Films series The Hire- Ticker
    Alright, two options- both non-negotiable

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGivBHff7hQ

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

The new Oldsmobiles are in early this year.

A couple of chases from an all-time classic:

https://youtu.be/FxvvnlcqLz0

https://youtu.be/vA7A5X5qUS4

The best car chase scenes were in "The Blues Brothers"

edited August 2020
    I'm coming to save you mama!

edited August 2020
    That Dodge jump is a classic scene:

Can't link the video
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,941
    There are a lot of good ones out there. I rather enjoyed this one:
    https://youtu.be/ypt3XtV6od4

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• omarmanomarman Member Posts: 2,702
    edited August 2020
    First movie chase scene I ever saw was Steve McQueen in The Great Escape. This scene was the most exciting minute for me and my friends. It also helped seeing it on a huge outdoor drive in movie screen too.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaFBFmJG-LI
    A time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing.
    stickguy said:

Got all the paperwork to sign to get the process moving. Interesting, it is all online now. Esign the docs, and upload all my info (pay stubs, etc.). Very easy.

0 fee Refi (with the exception of a $245 recording fee, not sure why that one was not covered but will find out at some point). So closing cost is that, and escrow/prepaid property taxes/a few days interest charge. Nothing you can do about those. So it is as close to a sign and drive as you can get.

Interest rate gets bumped 1/4 point to cover the fees. So the rate we are locked at is 2.625 on a 10 year mortgage. Replaces the last 22 years of a 10/1 arm currently @ 3.25%. That loan would have started adjusting in June 2022.

Goal is to pay off the balance early, but we weren't getting it done in 22 months! Now, saving interest immediately, and for however long we end up paying (making some extra principal payments along the way) I don't have to worry about rates going up. And at that interest rate, no huge incentive to even bother doing it early.

seemed like a no brainer move. Hopefully all goes as planned (no guarantee these days).

I’ve got to refi and probably at the same time get rid of the HELOC. I’m at 15 years left so would try and go to 10

Of course the wife is talking about moving again, so there’s that too.

edited August 2020

omarman said:

I care if Amazon kills HD, Amazon won't advise me, I cant rent equipment from Amazon, and Amazon cannot have what I need now in my hands in a half an hour.
    HD isn’t going anywhere for a long time. They are on the right side of the Covid mess.

A good company to work for and like a grocery store have items everyone needs.

Lowe’s as well. Lowe’s is actually remodeling almost all it’s stores to be optimized for what is selling now due to Covid.

tjc78 said:

omarman said:

HD isn’t going anywhere for a long time. They are on the right side of the Covid mess.

A good company to work for and like a grocery store have items everyone needs.

Lowe’s as well. Lowe’s is actually remodeling almost all it’s stores to be optimized for what is selling now due to Covid.
    My only experience with Lowes is the one by my house. It's a 5 minute walk from the HD but at best has half the traffic of HD.

• explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,317
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert