Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Edmunds Members - Cars and Conversations

Comments

• ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,094
    Can't go wrong with the chase scene from The Seven-Ups:

https://youtu.be/9vACWV5sRcY

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

• stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,550
    I’ve driven on probably all the highway stretches in that 7 ups chase

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• snakeweaselsnakeweasel Member Posts: 19,328
    Here is your 7 up chase.

https://youtu.be/ME1__64rOy0

2011 Hyundai Sonata, 2014 BMW 428i convertible, 2015 Honda CTX700D

• imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,154
    edited August 2020
    Local talk show host had a chase scene of his own leaving work yesterday morning at 9 am. Road rage?

Claims he got on I-71 NB and merged to far left lane at 80 mph (65 speed limit). Looked up and saw a RAM pickup truck gaining really fast even though host was going 80. Claims he got over a lane and then the truck pulled over in front of him and locked up the brakes, apparently for host to RAM him? But host says he's a great driver and his car was so agile he avoided all the attempts for contact from RAM driver.

Went 5 miles or so to I-275 and took usual ramp right to EB. Saw RAM truck next to him on berm. Truck performed a pit maneuver. And all came to a stop. Host got out of car with CC in hand, but driver was out and went to nearby exit where is beat a man taking him out of his 250, fled south toward Cincy on highway and ended up RAMming through closed garage doors at business.

I somehow suspect there's more to initial interaction otherwise why would RAM driver pick this one speeder out. Maybe because he was in a Porsche?

No pictures of Porsche. Host says he's shopping for a new car now. He used to do ads for Porsche and this was a 2015, so it may have been a perk at the time.

Talk show host says he was told the driver was arguing with his father hence the floating anger.

https://www.fox19.com/2020/08/13/hit-skip-crash-robbery-led-pursuit-sycamore-twp/

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

• oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,669

andres3 said:

stickguy said:

Kia has started putting Michelin Primacy tires on some Stingers instead of Pilot Sports. So in addition to a reduced handling capability the top speed is reduced as well.
    Meh.

handling feel could make a difference, if a specific driver notices at the margins (and it bothers them) but I really doubt that dropping the top speed limiter from 149 to something like 130 is going to make 1 iota of difference. Not like they limited to 65 or something. It is still way faster than anyone will ever drive the car.
    Except that they claim to be taking on the Europeans. I'm not buying a car hamstrung by tires that at best are average and also is saddled with a ridiculously low governed top speed(See: Volvo).
    I've often said, and am sure I've mentioned it before here, and I'll go ahead and write/say it again:

The boys are separated from the men, and the pretenders (quasi sporty cars) are separated from the truly serious sports vehicles by the tire sizing, setup, and selection.

For example, a base model prior generation S4 came with 245 tires, the larger wheel option being 255 section.
    My '06 A3 from 15 years ago came with 225's as a stock tire, and XL (extra load) and Y speed rated.

If your larger than a compact "sports sedan" from 2010 on doesn't even have 245's..... well.... you can figure out which category you are in (staggered tire setups excepted; of course, the larger tire will often be above these thresholds).
    What truly separates the men from the pretenders is not the equipment. Often have the right equipment is a function of enough funds and the intelligence of whom to ask. What separates the two is their technical skills on the track. I'll take someone with a marginally track worthy car and exceptional technical skills over someone with an exceptional trackcar who learned to drive by watching the fast and the furious movies.
    Yesterday on the highway just north of NYC traffic suddenly slowed down. Everyone was switching lanes to go around a beat up Civic that was going about 20 under the limit with his flashers on.

As I caught up and passed him I noticed he had the dreaded “drift“ set up on the rear wheels with high inward camber. It seems he had not considered the wear characteristics of driving on the highway because he was tossing chunks of tread off the rear tires. I was surprised that his tires were still holding air.

Assuming he made it home I don’t think he would be doing any drifting.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

Local talk show host had a chase scene of his own leaving work yesterday morning at 9 am. Road rage?

Claims he got on I-71 NB and merged to far left lane at 80 mph (65 speed limit). Looked up and saw a RAM pickup truck gaining really fast even though host was going 80. Claims he got over a lane and then the truck pulled over in front of him and locked up the brakes, apparently for host to RAM him? But host says he's a great driver and his car was so agile he avoided all the attempts for contact from RAM driver.

Went 5 miles or so to I-275 and took usual ramp right to EB. Saw RAM truck next to him on berm. Truck performed a pit maneuver. And all came to a stop. Host got out of car with CC in hand, but driver was out and went to nearby exit where is beat a man taking him out of his 250, fled south toward Cincy on highway and ended up RAMming through closed garage doors at business.

I somehow suspect there's more to initial interaction otherwise why would RAM driver pick this one speeder out. Maybe because he was in a Porsche?

No pictures of Porsche. Host says he's shopping for a new car now. He used to do ads for Porsche and this was a 2015, so it may have been a perk at the time.

Talk show host says he was told the driver was arguing with his father hence the floating anger.

https://www.fox19.com/2020/08/13/hit-skip-crash-robbery-led-pursuit-sycamore-twp/

Meth is a heck of a drug. What is a hit-skip? Is that local jargon for hit and run?

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,094
    edited August 2020
    Meanwhile up here the local traffic gendarmes rolled out a new and improved motorcycle-based traffic division and they are setting up ticket traps in their favorite haunts where limits are set artificially low and raking in a fortune. I encountered them a couple of weeks ago on the ring road near here which has a 50mph limit although most do 60-65. One of the biker cops was hiding below an overpass in the shade and difficult to see until you were quite close, while 3 of 4 of his colleagues had their Harleys lined up on the ramp to the highway just past him, awaiting pursuit.

But that is small potatoes compared to their most recent discovery, the "stunting" ticket. I hate that dumb name but it got put in the traffic regulations a few years ago and while it covers a variety of sins the most easily used one is speeding more than 50 km/h (30mph) over the posted limit. It has a $2400 fine and your car gets impounded for a week. These now seem to be a near-daily occurrence and are always accompanied by a press release trumpeting their success. The most recent one was on the main expressway leading into town, where the limit drops from 62.5 (100 km/h) to 31 (50km/h) while still seeming to be an expressway, just before it ends at a surface street. The radar cops lurk just at the end of the highway behind a conveniently-placed building on the first intersection and have been raking in tickets there for some time. The one this week was particularly good, an 18 y-o caught doing 137 km/h (84mph) in the 30 mph zone. I can imagine his life will be hellish for the next while. Of course this has caused the cycling activists and pearl-clutchers on local social media to decry all the nuts behind the wheel who are out to get them, and ponder why we don't have laws requiring limiters preventing cars from exceeding 70mph.

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

• omarmanomarman Member Posts: 2,702

Here is your 7 up chase.

https://youtu.be/ME1__64rOy0

Great action video and reporting, "soft drinks flying in all directions." But happily the chase helicopter must have dodged incoming 7 UP projectiles. Finally mullet man tried to fly away and fell out of his tree. Please don't defund happy endings. Or youtube.
    A time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing.
  • graphicguygraphicguy Member Posts: 13,665
    qbrozen said:

There are a lot of good ones out there. I rather enjoyed this one:
    https://youtu.be/ypt3XtV6od4

Great one! Was sad when they killed off his hostage/girlfriend!
    2023 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring
  • fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,168
    But it's all about safety! Think of the children! No quotas or financial goals nope, safety safety safety! Law and order! Of course, asking for data on how speed limits are set on specific sections of road usually requires using the FOIA or similar, but safety! It's the law!

And when it's done, daddy's lawyer will still get a certain demographic out of any accountability.

Locally, 99% of enforcement is speed-related, while in my anecdotal experience, red light running, distracted driving, non-signaling, dumb U-turn making, LLCing etc, is off the charts - it's like those few weeks when people stayed home more made the drones forget how to drive.
    ab348 said:

Meanwhile up here the local traffic gendarmes rolled out a new and improved motorcycle-based traffic division and they are setting up ticket traps in their favorite haunts where nuts behind the wheel who are out to get them, and ponder why we don't have laws requiring limiters preventing cars from exceeding 70mph.

Just like a bad penny, the Niagara, NY car transport may still happen. The original guy who tried to jerk me around, wasn’t involved. But, his wife contacted me. She immediately apologized to me for his behavior and wanted to know if I’d still be willing to transport the Lexus for her. She was super nice and totally unlike her husband. I told her to get me the details of when and where the car needs to be there, and if they had the service done to make sure it doesn’t leave me stranded. She’s supposed to get me the service info and the date the car has to be there and get back to me. Could be jerking me around. Or, they shopped other transport avenues and found I was the least expensive.

Still not confident this is a transport I want to do.

Don't do it. Nothing good will come of it.
    stickguy said:

I was thinking the same thing. When your gut is giving you bad vibes, listen to it. Or stop having chili dogs for breakfast. Not like you are desperate for the money and need to take any job.

At least really do due diligence and get the waivers signed!

I grew with you both. I talked to the wife this a.m. I told her the waiver had to be signed and I’d have to see a work order or inspection stating the car was long trip road worthy. She said she’d get her husband (the guy who tried to circumvent our originally agreed to terms) to get the inspection. I also said that it would be contingent upon me finding a transport to drive back from NY. Not sure if I can even do that.

Not looking promising. They may not even call me back.
    edited August 2020
    Interesting, that appears to be a lower spec car, a 280S (carbureted). Plate sequence is from 1970, the first CA blue plates. Take a lickin and keeps on tickin, although not sounding happy at the end.

The one car chase scene.

• andres3andres3 Member Posts: 13,729

andres3 said:

stickguy said:

Kia has started putting Michelin Primacy tires on some Stingers instead of Pilot Sports. So in addition to a reduced handling capability the top speed is reduced as well.
    Meh.

handling feel could make a difference, if a specific driver notices at the margins (and it bothers them) but I really doubt that dropping the top speed limiter from 149 to something like 130 is going to make 1 iota of difference. Not like they limited to 65 or something. It is still way faster than anyone will ever drive the car.
    Except that they claim to be taking on the Europeans. I'm not buying a car hamstrung by tires that at best are average and also is saddled with a ridiculously low governed top speed(See: Volvo).
    I've often said, and am sure I've mentioned it before here, and I'll go ahead and write/say it again:

The boys are separated from the men, and the pretenders (quasi sporty cars) are separated from the truly serious sports vehicles by the tire sizing, setup, and selection.

For example, a base model prior generation S4 came with 245 tires, the larger wheel option being 255 section.
    My '06 A3 from 15 years ago came with 225's as a stock tire, and XL (extra load) and Y speed rated.

If your larger than a compact "sports sedan" from 2010 on doesn't even have 245's..... well.... you can figure out which category you are in (staggered tire setups excepted; of course, the larger tire will often be above these thresholds).
    What truly separates the men from the pretenders is not the equipment. Often have the right equipment is a function of enough funds and the intelligence of whom to ask. What separates the two is their technical skills on the track. I'll take someone with a marginally track worthy car and exceptional technical skills over someone with an exceptional trackcar who learned to drive by watching the fast and the furious movies.
    For sure the driver is the #1 instrument in the car. Still, when you get up into the $50K new price range there are some questionable duds and cost cuts out there.
    '15 Audi Misano Red Pearl S4, '16 Audi TTS Daytona Gray Pearl, Wife's '19 VW Tiguan SEL 4-Motion
    Not so much a chase, but an interesting obscure smashing driving scene, that poor fintail doesn't have a good time, and the Caddy is a tank:

https://youtu.be/0ekf4lVsPqI

Just like a bad penny, the Niagara, NY car transport may still happen. The original guy who tried to jerk me around, wasn’t involved. But, his wife contacted me. She immediately apologized to me for his behavior and wanted to know if I’d still be willing to transport the Lexus for her. She was super nice and totally unlike her husband. I told her to get me the details of when and where the car needs to be there, and if they had the service done to make sure it doesn’t leave me stranded. She’s supposed to get me the service info and the date the car has to be there and get back to me. Could be jerking me around. Or, they shopped other transport avenues and found I was the least expensive.

stickguy said:

I was thinking the same thing. When your gut is giving you bad vibes, listen to it. Or stop having chili dogs for breakfast. Not like you are desperate for the money and need to take any job.

I grew with you both. I talked to the wife this a.m. I told her the waiver had to be signed and I’d have to see a work order or inspection stating the car was long trip road worthy. She said she’d get her husband (the guy who tried to circumvent our originally agreed to terms) to get the inspection. I also said that it would be contingent upon me finding a transport to drive back from NY. Not sure if I can even do that.

Most of the Enterprise offices in NY are back operating and I think Hertz out of necessity were back even earlier. Is ground transport your regular method of return? Could you get one of those cheapo flights back or is that too expensive.

• abacomikeabacomike Member Posts: 12,258
    Mercedes said there is nothing they can do about the chattering wipers. They won't replace the windshield and since the service department already tried the waxing and buffing, it is something I will have to live with!

Those idiots can't fix the problem and don't want to have any further discussions about the issue with the wipers not clearing the water correctly from my windshield.

If that's the way Mercedes Benz treats their customers then people should avoid buying their cars. I have purchased 22 cars from Mercedes and this is the thanks I get!

2021 Genesis G90

• roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,359
    ab348 said:

Meanwhile up here the local traffic gendarmes rolled out a new and improved motorcycle-based traffic division and they are setting up ticket traps in their favorite haunts where limits are set artificially low and raking in a fortune. I encountered them a couple of weeks ago on the ring road near here which has a 50mph limit although most do 60-65. One of the biker cops was hiding below an overpass in the shade and difficult to see until you were quite close, while 3 of 4 of his colleagues had their Harleys lined up on the ramp to the highway just past him, awaiting pursuit.

But that is small potatoes compared to their most recent discovery, the "stunting" ticket. I hate that dumb name but it got put in the traffic regulations a few years ago and while it covers a variety of sins the most easily used one is speeding more than 50 km/h (30mph) over the posted limit. It has a $2400 fine and your car gets impounded for a week. These now seem to be a near-daily occurrence and are always accompanied by a press release trumpeting their success. The most recent one was on the main expressway leading into town, where the limit drops from 62.5 (100 km/h) to 31 (50km/h) while still seeming to be an expressway, just before it ends at a surface street. The radar cops lurk just at the end of the highway behind a conveniently-placed building on the first intersection and have been raking in tickets there for some time. The one this week was particularly good, an 18 y-o caught doing 137 km/h (84mph) in the 30 mph zone. I can imagine his life will be hellish for the next while. Of course this has caused the cycling activists and pearl-clutchers on local social media to decry all the nuts behind the wheel who are out to get them, and ponder why we don't have laws requiring limiters preventing cars from exceeding 70mph.

Never underestimate the ingenuity of the Safety [non-permissible content removed] and their ability to mine new sources of revenue.

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

make sure they know you won't be buying another one, and are an "influencer". But I still wouldn't want to have a windshield replaced on a brand new car. That can have many unintended, negative consequences.

or if you are mad enough, file under lemon law!

I saw this coming. I've had a few cars with the same issue. I suspect it might even be something with the glass - it's a design flaw either way, not limited to your car.
    abacomike said:

Mercedes said there is nothing they can do about the chattering wipers. They won't replace the windshield and since the service department already tried the waxing and buffing, it is something I will have to live with!

Those idiots can't fix the problem and don't want to have any further discussions about the issue with the wipers not clearing the water correctly from my windshield.

If that's the way Mercedes Benz treats their customers then people should avoid buying their cars. I have purchased 22 cars from Mercedes and this is the thanks I get!

• andres3andres3 Member Posts: 13,729
    edited August 2020
    abacomike said:

Unfortunately they probably know you don't have 22 more potential purchases left in you; and their bean counter made a bean counting decision not in your favor.

I do think age played a part in getting Audi to cover my AC issues at 53,000 miles, technically 3,000 after warranty. The A3 was designed to bring younger folk into the Audi family, and saying "screw you about the AC" wasn't the way to achieve that goal. Good call, I've since bought 2 more S models and a CPO A model. No way that would have happened if Audi told me to pound sand.
    '15 Audi Misano Red Pearl S4, '16 Audi TTS Daytona Gray Pearl, Wife's '19 VW Tiguan SEL 4-Motion
    abacomike said:

When/if you next talk with MB tell them I’m not buying one in 15-20 years as I had planned.
    And I can still get you a sweet deal on a 5 Series or 7 Series...

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

• explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,320
    A couple of pics from this week.
    Spotted while out for my walk.

One of trees taken down.

2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • driver100driver100 Member Posts: 31,976
    abacomike said:

Sorry to hear that but not surprised. If they replaced the windshield they would lose money on the sale of the car, and it might not fix the problem. I don't know how loud the noise is but it is a bit of a personal thing...some people are more sensitive to the sound than others. I guess the good news is your hearing is probably pretty good. The problem may go away as the rubber gets softer. Saying you won't buy another MB is pointless, they don't care....money given back is money out of their pocket, the future is a crap shoot. You might buy another one and might not, they don't care - they'll take the loss but somewhere there is an Audi buyer with a transmission that failed that will buy an MB next time....and on it goes............

2017 MB E400 , 2015 MB GLK350, 2014 MB C250

• driver100driver100 Member Posts: 31,976

One of trees taken down.

Kia looks nice from the back. Looks like a Lincoln! House has beautiful plants...they know what they are doing. House is cute!
    Is that the tree you cut down? Looks like it fell in a good place. Better than this guy;

2017 MB E400 , 2015 MB GLK350, 2014 MB C250

try the full windshield clean and rainex plan too. might help.

stickguy said:

try the full windshield clean and rainex plan too. might help.

I applied the RainX windshield cleaner and sealant and the chattering it is a little better - but I have not yet driven in a heavy rain since application. The directions indicate that I should apply RainX at least once every three to four weeks.

I am PO'd that Mercedes refuses to do anything more to solve the problem.

2021 Genesis G90

• qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,946
    I would probably try something on the wiper blades. A little sandpaper first perhaps.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,320
    @oldfarmer50,
    The Guy cut down that tree. It;s way beyond what my little chainsaw could handle.
    A branch that came down on the other side of the yard was about the same size, may be bigger.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
    edited August 2020
    About the MB chattering wipers...
    Isn't there a RainX with the chemical in the fluid?
    I would think that rather than applying a coating to a windshield that may have some volatility in extremely hot sunshine and depending on its being effective when a heavy rain occurs it would be better to applying RainX when the rain event occurs.

Put it in your windshield washer bottle and apply as needed when needed during a rain event.

or an additive

edited August 2020
    Hmmmm. Even a fake USPS parking card on his dash didn't get him a pass. Maybe
    the judge will refuse to prosecute--it's NY.

Parked there for several days because the key on his remote died? LOL

https://nypost.com/2020/08/14/firefighters-smash-windows-of-bmw-parked-in-front-of-hydrant/

I would think that rather than applying a coating to a windshield that may have some volatility in extremely hot sunshine and depending on its being effective when a heavy rain occurs it would be better to applying RainX when the rain event occurs.

Put it in your windshield washer bottle and apply as needed when needed during a rain event.

or an additive

That additive to the washer fluid might be a good idea. When I run out of the cleaner/sealer spray, I will get that and add it to the reservoir. Thanks imid!🤓

2021 Genesis G90

stickguy said:

Most of the Enterprise offices in NY are back operating and I think Hertz out of necessity were back even earlier. Is ground transport your regular method of return? Could you get one of those cheapo flights back or is that too expensive.
    I would like to find a transport from NY back to the general OH, IN, KY area. Problem is, aside from posting a CL ad in that area, I don’t have any contacts there who could point me in the right direction. Not sure it’s worth the hassle for me to do a one way transport. I’d make a little money, even if I had to rent a car to drive back. Haven’t checked flights.

I’m waiting on the wife to call me back. If she doesn’t, no biggie!

My Acura dealer has a store within 15 minutes of where I live and I’ve done 7 transports for them, and it looks like I’ll have another one either today or early next week. They also have an Acura store in Dayton. They have two Hyundai stores....one across the street from my Acura dealer, and another further into the city. They have a Kia and Honda dealership, too.

I asked the GM at the Acura dealership if he could set up an appointment with their VP who’s over all of their stores to see if I can snag their local transport biz. He said he would. If that happens (and I have no insight whether it will or won’t), I won’t do any long distance transfers, anymore. Then again, I don’t know if I want to work that hard. I kind of like only working every once in a while.

or an additive

Great idea!

One of trees taken down.

That car on the left is one fine looking vehicle!
    I am looking forward to retiring. and not working at all after that! won't be happening for a while yet. Though at least if we get our refi done, it will get a harder target end date in place. Told the wife that until we had the house paid off (this one or a replacement) had to keep working. The day the deed shows up in the mail, we can look at the rest of the financials and decide. Hopefully that happens well before 65.

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,134
    @graphicguy
    Buffalo to Cincinnati
    1st Wednesday in September
    $79 one way, with one stop, on American or United.

25 miles to the airport from center of Niagara Falls, NY

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

@oldfarmer50,
    The Guy cut down that tree. It;s way beyond what my little chainsaw could handle.
    A branch that came down on the other side of the yard was about the same size, may be bigger.

I had a pretty big one come down on the roof and deck this winter. I couldn’t find anyone who would show up for such a small job so I cut it up with hand tools.

stickguy said:

I would like to find a transport from NY back to the general OH, IN, KY area. Problem is, aside from posting a CL ad in that area, I don’t have any contacts there who could point me in the right direction. Not sure it’s worth the hassle for me to do a one way transport. I’d make a little money, even if I had to rent a car to drive back. Haven’t checked flights.

I’m waiting on the wife to call me back. If she doesn’t, no biggie!

My Acura dealer has a store within 15 minutes of where I live and I’ve done 7 transports for them, and it looks like I’ll have another one either today or early next week. They also have an Acura store in Dayton. They have two Hyundai stores....one across the street from my Acura dealer, and another further into the city. They have a Kia and Honda dealership, too.

I asked the GM at the Acura dealership if he could set up an appointment with their VP who’s over all of their stores to see if I can snag their local transport biz. He said he would. If that happens (and I have no insight whether it will or won’t), I won’t do any long distance transfers, anymore. Then again, I don’t know if I want to work that hard. I kind of like only working every once in a while.
    It’s funny how after working hard for many years you still feel the need. Working the part time job is perfect but whenever they offer extra hours I feel compelled to sign up. Then I ask myself, “what am I try so hard for”? It’s not like I’m bucking for a promotion. I guess after working two jobs for so many years I feel guilty turning down opportunities.

I just mailed out a 2-page letter to MBUSA detailing the problem I have with wipers and what has been done to alleviate that problem. I also detailed my dissatisfaction with the regional customer care administrator in not returning my many emails and voice messages. I explained my loyalty to the brand which is evidenced by my many Mercedes vehicles purchased in the last 33 years. Finally, I stated that I love my car and that all I am asking for is a solution to this wiper problem.

I expect nothing in the way of solving this problem satisfactorily on the part of MBUSA, but I had to go on record to detail the frustration I have been experiencing with the chattering and skipping of the wipers in moderate to heavy rain and the lack of positive experiences with the customer care administrator.

If I ever have an accident caused by poor visibility in rain caused by the wipers, I will have everything documented.

2021 Genesis G90

edited August 2020
    driver100 said:

Kia looks nice from the back. Looks like a Lincoln!

That certainly tempers my enthusiasm for a Stinger...
    ;)

edited August 2020

It’s funny how after working hard for many years you still feel the need. Working the part time job is perfect but whenever they offer extra hours I feel compelled to sign up. Then I ask myself, “what am I try so hard for”? It’s not like I’m bucking for a promotion. I guess after working two jobs for so many years I feel guilty turning down opportunities.

I swore that I would never practice law again when I finished up my judicial service, but I was offered the city attorney gig and it was fairly low pressure and I worked from home 90% of the time. When I didn’t get appointed Commonwealth’s Attorney I almost certainly wouldn’t have run but but for the fact I was jerked around in the appointment process and the appointee went on to fire my friend’s wife.
    I ended up winning my election and the Governor(who decided not to appoint me) didn’t- so there’s that.

I swore that I would never practice law again when I finished up my judicial service, but I was offered the city attorney gig and it was fairly low pressure and I worked from home 90% of the time. When I didn’t get appointed Commonwealth’s Attorney I almost certainly wouldn’t have run but but for the fact I was jerked around in the appointment process and the appointee went on to fire my friend’s wife.
    I ended up winning my election and the Governor(who decided not to appoint me) didn’t- so there’s that.
    Revenge is a dish best served cold. :@

Revenge is a dish best served cold. :@

I think that I mentioned this before, but that governor had a horrible track record with respect to his appointees getting elected. One of his appointees who did win is a friend and he barely won- mainly due to his name recognition. Another of the gov's "success stories" is the Northern Kentucky judge who is now in hot water for allegedly having sex with coworkers in her chambers, along with drinking beer and Fireball Whiskey on the job...

beer I could let slide, but fireball crosses a line that should not be crossed!

Took the Sonata out camping this weekend at the Mississippi Palisades State park. Oh took the wife too. It's been almost 25 years since I've camped out, it's my wifes first time.

Wireless internet not doing to good here so I cant get the photo to load. Will try later.

hope you didn't have to sleep in the Sonata.

Nope, we have a decent sized tent and an air mattress.

there is absolutely no chance I would ever convince my wife to do tent camping like that. even an RV would be a tough sell.

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,289
    stickguy said:

there is absolutely no chance I would ever convince my wife to do tent camping like that. even an RV would be a tough sell.

Wife and I did some tent camping with the kids a few times after we got married. Then we got smart.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

My late father in law liked big RVs(another one of my personal definitions of hell); my wife and I have no interest in camping, although I did used to own a pop-up tent to use at HPDEs where I wasn't able to rent a garage...