Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

I spotted a NEW (insert make/model) today!

Comments

• ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,075
    sda said:

fintail said:

Saw a Lambo Uterus on the road today, by the young driver no doubt the product of being the second coming of Horatio Alger or similar.

What a horrible name for just about anything.
    The actual name is Urus. Almost as bad but not quite. According to Wiki, the name comes from the Urus, the ancestor of modern domestic cattle, also known as the aurochs. With Lambo's logo being that of a bull, one can make the connection at least.

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

• stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,490
    thats not the actual name

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,131
    I wonder what "fancy Audi" is in Latin B)
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,926
    sda said:

fintail said:

Saw a Lambo Uterus on the road today, by the young driver no doubt the product of being the second coming of Horatio Alger or similar.

Except for an actual uterus. I mean, if you have a Lambo uterus, that’s gotta be good, right?

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,586
    sda said:

fintail said:

It isn't really a Uterus... :D

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

saw a Porsche with a weird rump today. Thought it was maybe a new Cayenne, but after looking online, might have been a Taycan Turismo.

• explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,295
    Pretty sure one of the neighbors bought a 911. It was sitting in the driveway with no plate visible and today his X5 is parked outside the garage.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
    edited August 2020
    Saw a new Defender with the look at me! rear quarter window pannier. No front plate, we don't want to ruin the look of such a stunner (and it's not like someone buying in that price range is going to get a ticket for it anyway).
    fintail said:

Saw a new Defender with the look at me! rear quarter window pannier. No front plate, we don't want to ruin the look of such a stunner (and it's not like someone buying in that price range is going to get a ticket for it anyway).

The basic Defenders are a lot less expensive than I thought they would be.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

I wonder if they have a stated MSRP vs reality issue. The two I spotted at the local dealer were both in the upper 70s, and no panniers or apparent ADM. But a quick google claims base around 50K.

Still one of the coolest vehicles from the brand I guess, as to me the Disco has weird proportions and the others seem to be magnets for oblivious or entitled drivers.
    kyfdx said:

The basic Defenders are a lot less expensive than I thought they would be.

• texasestexases Member Posts: 10,700
    I cannot fathom the panniers.
  • tifightertifighter Member Posts: 3,603
    This made me go build a Defender for fun. $60,405 as I'd want it. You can only configure the 110 right now, but I do like the 90.

23 Civic Type-R / 22 MDX Type-S / 21 Tesla Y LR / 03 Montero Ltd

Saw a 2021 GLA on the road, a "little egg" I suppose.
    Because nothing succeeds like excess, presenting the new Jeep Grand Wagoneer:

You get a screen! And YOU get a screen! And YOU get a screen...

Expected to exceed $100K apparently.

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/jeep-grand-wagoneer-luxury-plug-in-hybrid/?bhid=25416315718523622077081880631938&cid=534354260&ftag=CAD13782fc&mid=13024553

looks like a compass on steroids.

hideous in and out.

will probably sell like hotcakes

Looks like it’s based on a Durango. (but, probably not)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• omarmanomarman Member Posts: 2,702
    ...and when your screen fails you lose all its functions, and you too, and you three! :smile:
    A time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing.
    kyfdx said:

Looks like it’s based on a Durango. (but, probably not)

Apparently it is based on the Ram 1500 pickup truck.

edited September 2020
    But modified to have independent rear suspension. Can't compete with the Navigator or Escalade without it!
    Excursion for the new age.

Makes me think of this:

• tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,896
    stickguy said:

looks like a compass on steroids.

hideous in and out.

will probably sell like hotcakes

This

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

Saw a new 8er GC on the road, have only seen one at the dealer until now. I wonder if the change to "8" was to woo a specific market segment.
  • laurasdadalaurasdada Member Posts: 4,722
    White Porsche Taycan, first I've seen in the wild. Sharp, much more attractive than the Panamera, imo.

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)

passed me at a light today, a nice looking RR coupe (the new version). Imposing car. You see some stuff like this when you live in a town where a number of the local pro athletes live.

Saw a C8, light blue that would look at home on a 1958 model.
    out driving yesterday, a new RR. The big coupe. .Imposing car, but definitely ostentatious.

Saw another new Defender today. Going to be a smash hit around here.
  • explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,295
    Saw this while out for my walk.
    There are loaners, then there are loaners.

2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
    edited September 2020
    Wow that's pretty obnoxious!

I saw three new Trailblazers yesterday. Nothing bad about them, but at the end of the day so similar to the Equinox.

tjc78 said:

I saw three new Trailblazers yesterday. Nothing bad about them, but at the end of the day so similar to the Equinox.

They are really pretty small in comparison. Sure you weren't seeing Blazers?

I looked at a Trailblazer on a dealer lot and the front seat cushions (and overall front seat space) seemed really narrow.

• imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,146
    fintail said:

Ohio just quit requiring a front license plate after decades of having one required. A few people complained so often... and the legislators gave in. What will the inmates do since they only have to make half as many new plates?

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

Front plates have been a thing in WA since forever, and I doubt it will change. Always amuses me how there isn't a national policy on this, but I guess states rights - unless certain people are offended, of course.

I don't know how stringently it is enforced, at least locally, for people above a certain socio-economic line though. It seems most upmarket sporty/exotic cars and a huge amount of Teslas (not the same thing) lack a front plate, and it doesn't matter.

Ohio just quit requiring a front license plate after decades of having one required. A few people complained so often... and the legislators gave in. What will the inmates do since they only have to make half as many new plates?

That's a heck of a loaner. Local dealer uses mostly C and GLA.

Some dealers use big window banners here, some are discreet.

Saw this while out for my walk.
    There are loaners, then there are loaners.

edited September 2020
    fintail said:

Front plates have been a thing in WA since forever, and I doubt it will change. Always amuses me how there isn't a national policy on this, but I guess states rights - unless certain people are offended, of course.

I don't know how stringently it is enforced, at least locally, for people above a certain socio-economic line though. It seems most upmarket sporty/exotic cars and a huge amount of Teslas (not the same thing) lack a front plate, and it doesn't matter.

The lack of front plate makes it more difficult for law enforcement to find cars on wanted list, if they still have the correct plates on the car. The front plates on cars make it easy for states like Florida to ID that a car approaching slightly over the limit is out-of-state and is fair game for a quick profit.

For a long time here in a lower income community most cars had only one plate. The question I asked was what car is the other plate on: it was sort of a buy one get one free for plates on your car. Okay as long as you don't get stopped for something in the car to which the plate is not registered.

Yep, there's definitely valid reasoning behind it, and front plates are mandatory in all other first world locations (that I know of anyway). I guess I'd just like to see more logical mandates in this part of the world, and consistency in terms of enforcement.

Funny, as I am pretty sure cars with vintage or year of manufacture plates here only need one at rear. I guess if one is going to commit crimes, use an old car B)

The lack of front plate makes it more difficult for law enforcement to find cars on wanted list, if they still have the correct plates on the car. The front plates on cars make it easy for states like Florida to ID that a car approaching slightly over the limit is out-of-state and is fair game for a quick profit.

For a long time here in a lower income community most cars had only one plate. The question I asked was what car is the other plate on: it was sort of a buy one get one free for plates on your car. Okay as long as you don't get stopped for something in the car to which the plate is not registered.

fintail said:

Indiana and KY don't seem to have any issues with one plate.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Jersey I doubt ever changes. We have 2. But PA next door is only 1.

ab348 said:

tjc78 said:

They are really pretty small in comparison. Sure you weren't seeing Blazers?

I looked at a Trailblazer on a dealer lot and the front seat cushions (and overall front seat space) seemed really narrow.
    No they were Trailblazers, in all honesty they didn't look that much different to me. Quick Google action says it's about 10" shorter so not all that much different.

• andres3andres3 Member Posts: 13,729
    edited September 2020

fintail said:

I doubt it makes it any more difficult for law enforcement than ticketing a speeder going 86 MPH vs. one going 85 MPH does. Front plates are not justified even for the extra weight, extra gas usage/waste, and extra emissions due to that extra weight they create, and that's very little, but still not justified. Lower taxes, 1/2 the amount of plates we have to pay for! 1/2 the aluminum we have to waste.
    '15 Audi Misano Red Pearl S4, '16 Audi TTS Daytona Gray Pearl, Wife's '19 VW Tiguan SEL 4-Motion
    andres3 said:

I doubt it makes it any more difficult for law enforcement than ticketing a speeder going 86 MPH vs. one going 85 MPH does. Front plates are not justified even for the extra weight, extra gas usage/waste, and extra emissions due to that extra weight they create, and that's very little, but still not justified. Lower taxes, 1/2 the amount of plates we have to pay for! 1/2 the aluminum we have to waste.

Other than that, how do you really feel about front plates, Andres?

Saw a new Explorer on the road, not too unusual, save for the sunroof was wide open. AQI here is around 300, and stinky. Doesn't sound fun to me, but hey, you be you :)
  • tifightertifighter Member Posts: 3,603
    Yeah, I saw a guy driving around in a grey SL with the top down over the weekend. Um, yeah, enjoy that, I guess.

23 Civic Type-R / 22 MDX Type-S / 21 Tesla Y LR / 03 Montero Ltd

guy across the street from me seems to have a new car. When he moved in, had a white GLK. shortly after, he upgraded to a white GLC. Haven't seen that in a few months, but yesterday there was new GLE 430 in the driveway with temp tags. So I assume he got that.

thought it was black, but today we saw it from the side with the sun on it, and turned out to be a really dark metallic green. really popped in the sun. Gorgeous color.

and around the corner, a brand new Suburban. I assume that is on the new platform Silverado? Interesting new front end.

Saw a later model Optima of all things, with scissor doors - that's a new one to me anyway!
    edited September 2020
    Saw my first LR Defender today, those taillights are kind of odd, and having an external spare is too, to me.
    Obviously not a Dallas pic:

• qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,926
    Saw a Kia K5 in battleship grey with temp tags.

The tail made me think Dodge (probably because of the color). The rear roof line and floating pillar is very much Nissan.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

It’s gotten good reviews. At least the ones I read. For a roomy but affordable family sedan.

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,916
    qbrozen said:

Saw a Kia K5 in battleship grey with temp tags.

The tail made me think Dodge (probably because of the color). The rear roof line and floating pillar is very much Nissan.

There is a special edition with that grey exterior and a red interior. If you navigate to the K5 lease thread, you see pictures a member posted of theirs.

Quite sharp.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

That is sharp looking. Very nice.