Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chronic Car Buyers Anonymous

Comments

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,011
    Wouldn't take much to set up an LLC ... heck, I wonder if I could get the Mrs. to let you use ours .... of course, we'd benefit from the tax advantages.

:sunglasses::smile:

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• mjfloyd1mjfloyd1 Member Posts: 3,271
    A long time is what 10 months...
  • dad23dad23 Member Posts: 870
    breld said:

Yeah, but at this point we're done for a long time. We're all set with our fleet.

;)

Who is this?!?!? And what have you done with @breld...
    dad23 said:

breld said:

Yeah, but at this point we're done for a long time. We're all set with our fleet.

;)

Actually, I do believe him, this time.

Maturity, thy name is @breld...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• breldbreld Member Posts: 6,710
    mjfloyd1 said:

A long time is what 10 months...

If I did nothing else with our fleet for 10 months it'd be a good start.

2024 Audi Q8 e-tron - 2024 Corvette - 2024 BMW X5 - 2023 Tesla Model Y

• au1994au1994 Member Posts: 3,380
    breld said:

;)

I’l take Thanksgiving for either the Supra or Mini to make its exit stage left.

2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4xe Granite Crystal over Saddle
    2024 Audi Q5 Premium Plus Daytona Gray over Beige
    2017 BMW X1 Jet Black over Mocha

• corvettecorvette Member Posts: 10,262
    Submitted my ID, title, and photo of the G37’s odometer to Carvana. They are supposed to get back with me once they have reviewed.
    au1994 said:

breld said:

;)

Nope - the MINI is a lease, and the Mrs. is pretty happy with it, overall.

Winter is not a good time to sell a 300+ HP RWD sports car in CO with summer tires.

Maybe - maybe - next spring the Supra gets replaced with something else.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,513
    Michaell said:

dad23 said:

breld said:

;)

Actually, I do believe him, this time.

Maturity, thy name is @breld...
    well, it has been said before, but eventually you get to the point where everything is so nice/fancy/expensive and perfect for you, that figuring out how to improve upon it is either impossible or incredibly expensive!

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

Michaell said:

au1994 said:

breld said:

;)

Nope - the MINI is a lease, and the Mrs. is pretty happy with it, overall.

Winter is not a good time to sell a 300+ HP RWD sports car in CO with summer tires.

Maybe - maybe - next spring the Supra gets replaced with something else.
    well, if the Cayenne makes it to the first service appointment, you will happen to be at the dealer anyway, and just happen to walk down the front row and see a (cayman/boxster/911), and just happen to take a test drive....

Unlike the stock market, here past performance is indeed a predictor of future returns...
    Yeah, it's hardly ever about "bigger and better" for my wife and I. Just something catches our fancy.

I already told my wife yesterday that the next thing that will happen is that I will be craving a stick shift at some point - just a matter of when, and whether I withstand the urge.

well, just hope the Supra retains the value into the spring and you can flip out of it evenish.

• andres3andres3 Member Posts: 13,729
    corvette said:

It happens. I dumped my Mustang after 3k miles.

I WISH I had dumped my Neon after 30 miles. Hindsight is 20/20 as they say! :smile:
    '15 Audi Misano Red Pearl S4, '16 Audi TTS Daytona Gray Pearl, Wife's '19 VW Tiguan SEL 4-Motion
    breld said:

Yeah, it's hardly ever about "bigger and better" for my wife and I. Just something catches our fancy.

I already told my wife yesterday that the next thing that will happen is that I will be craving a stick shift at some point - just a matter of when, and whether I withstand the urge.

GTI number 5!

The problem is that the inventory of stick shift fun cars is shrinking ....

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

oh yeah, he should get a stick GTi now. Add some nice accessories. Make sure it is a nice color and babied. And let me know when to fly out to get it.

stickguy said:

highly unlikely I ever get one of these, but if I did, it would definitely be a Non-R GT350

Yeah, me too. I would want AC and a back up camera.
    Driving Pure Motorsports' loaner Jetta (my Audi/VW Auto Shop in SD) I felt naked without a back up camera! LOL. I think I said something like "I never ran anyone over" about 5-6 years ago regarding the need for back up cameras. My how times have changed.
    '15 Audi Misano Red Pearl S4, '16 Audi TTS Daytona Gray Pearl, Wife's '19 VW Tiguan SEL 4-Motion
    there are at least plenty of good options these days for adding a camera. and headunits with carplay and bluetooth, if it is an old-school enough car that you can replace it without crippling every system in the car!

• suydamsuydam Member Posts: 4,676
    breld said:

;)

:D:D:D
    '14 Buick Encore Convenience
    '17 Chevy Volt Premiere
  • explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,304
    @stickguy,
    Don't stop halfway. Tell him what color you want. ;)
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
    kyfdx said:

sda said:

Those early 2.0t engines in the Eos are generally troublesome and consume oil. Later year models 2012(?) have revised engines that held up better. Audi suffered from the same issue. My 06 Passat 2.0t used oil at 900 mi/qt at 13000 mi when I bought it and 700 mi/qt when I traded it at 59K, just before the warranty expired. I was afraid expensive repairs were soon to follow.

The GTI engine changeover came in 2009. Guessing it was the same for the Eos. FSI to TSI
    I never had a problem with the '06 Audi 2.0T FSI, simply used a quart of oil every 5,000 miles when it was new, and when it had 106,000 miles it was still burning at the same exact rate, consistently under hard use.
    @breld - buy what you like but like what you buy!
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,934
    I believe breld likes to think he is done... as he has before... but it does not stick.

As for the thought “well, how do I improve?” Improving has not always been the goal. “Downsizing” or “downgrading” or “better mileage” or ... you name it.. has been on our excuses list.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

qbrozen said:

I believe breld likes to think he is done... as he has before... but it does not stick.

As for the thought “well, how do I improve?” Improving has not always been the goal. “Downsizing” or “downgrading” or “better mileage” or ... you name it.. has been on our excuses list.

Or, "it needs a service for xx miles or xx dollars - time to trade!".

We've done that - it's how we ended up with the Outback.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• tifightertifighter Member Posts: 3,604
    OTA updates/upgrades are funny new wrinkle for CCB syndrome. Our 3 is two years old this month, but thanks to multiple free software updates, we have the same features as the current one. Shoot, there goes that excuse...

23 Civic Type-R / 22 MDX Type-S / 21 Tesla Y LR / 03 Montero Ltd

Updating my bookmarks. Quick question, now that I'm casually browsing again... What's that other dealer/broker I've seen some of our Northeast guys post from? Not eimports4Less, but a smaller operation that seems to carry more domestic used cars (but still has quite a few imports).
    Almost bought a Red Golf R with 13,220 miles on it; see my review in "rental car experiences."

Also have my eye on an Alltrack again, this one is in Phoenix with a beige interior which I really like in that model. Priced to sell; claim they are auctioning it if no one takes advantage of it.

Kinda getting gun shy on both though! Take away my CCBA privileges! Going to keep on driving the hell out of the TTS :smile:
    I post from this one quite often (mostly because it is close by to me and I have stopped in on occasion). Not sure if this is what you were thinking of, but they have a good reputation. And I am always available to check something out! I am sure they do lots of shipping too with a heavy online presence.

https://www.royaleasing.com/

Another problem with the B8.5 S4 is that I'm not the only one around looking for a good one. As soon as you find one, I'm not sure I've ever looked at another model that sold so well and so fast on the used market.

Don't blink, the secret isn't so secret.
    stickguy said:

I post from this one quite often (mostly because it is close by to me and I have stopped in on occasion). Not sure if this is what you were thinking of, but they have a good reputation. And I am always available to check something out! I am sure they do lots of shipping too with a heavy online presence.

https://www.royaleasing.com/

That’s the one - TY!
    cool. I go by it all the time. so if you ever want a set of eyes on anything, just let me know!

One thing that is going to take some time to get used to. Walking out in the garage and seeing an empty bay. It just looks so wrong! Though pretty soon we need to off load everything from the shed so we can tear it down and put up a new one, and that stuff has to go someplace. And now there will be a place.

• oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,646
    mjfloyd1 said:
    Drop it another $30k and I’m a buyer.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

cool truck, but doesn't look right up on tip toes with the oversized wheels/tires.

• tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,905
    stickguy said:

One thing that is going to take some time to get used to. Walking out in the garage and seeing an empty bay. It just looks so wrong! Though pretty soon we need to off load everything from the shed so we can tear it down and put up a new one, and that stuff has to go someplace. And now there will be a place.

New house has no shed. I told the wife we need to budget for one. She said, “we have the garage”. Then the fight started.

I know I’ll have to use it for staging some boxes for a week or two, but that’s it! Garages are for cars.

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

• 28firefighter28firefighter Member Posts: 9,385
    tjc78 said:

stickguy said:

New house has no shed. I told the wife we need to budget for one. She said, “we have the garage”. Then the fight started.

I know I’ll have to use it for staging some boxes for a week or two, but that’s it! Garages are for cars.
    Amen.
    2022 Tesla Model Y Performance, 2018 BMW M240i Convertible, 2015 Audi Q5 TDI
    edited September 2020
    stickguy said:

cool. I go by it all the time. so if you ever want a set of eyes on anything, just let me know!

Thanks, man! I doubt I will be seriously looking until the market gets a bit more normal. Their inventory seems larger than I remember, but then again, around half of it says "sold."
    yes, a shed is a must. Though depending on what you have, with some organizers and wall hooks to hang stuff, can probably fit it. Especially if you don't have a mower. Our shed is stuffed, but I have all the lawn stuff (DIY) plus everything for the pool. without the pool stuff, I could thin the rest out and get it into a smaller space. Mower though takes up a lot of space.

and who wants all that dirty stuff in the garage?

I do find it annoying to leave stuff on the website for a long time after it is sold. It usually drops off there after a few days I think.

stickguy said:

yes, a shed is a must. Though depending on what you have, with some organizers and wall hooks to hang stuff, can probably fit it. Especially if you don't have a mower. Our shed is stuffed, but I have all the lawn stuff (DIY) plus everything for the pool. without the pool stuff, I could thin the rest out and get it into a smaller space. Mower though takes up a lot of space.

and who wants all that dirty stuff in the garage?

My yard isn't large enough for a shed. But, given that we have a 3 car garage, the mower & snow blower fit without giving up space for either the MINI or the Subaru.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Our lot will easily accommodate a shed. I’ll probably get a 12x10. Then I’ll wire it, add pegboard, etc etc.

I love my shed at shore. Looks like a mini version of the trailer. It’s fully wired with an extra fridge.

One of the things I miss about my old house out in the sticks is that building lots in subdivisions were not very valuable, so I had about half an acre for a 1,200 square foot house, and the attached garage was 24 x 24.
    well, a 3 car garage makes a difference. Darn, I want one of those! Then just have to fill it up.

speaking of which, that pretty green GTI sold, $21k. More than i expected.

https://carsandbids.com/auctions/3v2YlANm/2018-volkswagen-golf-gti-s

But just started, an even better one. Blue SE! Stunning. absolutely perfect configuration. wonder what this one will go for?

https://carsandbids.com/auctions/3zZNB7mN/2018-volkswagen-golf-gti-se

tjc78 said:

Our lot will easily accommodate a shed. I’ll probably get a 12x10. Then I’ll wire it, add pegboard, etc etc.

I love my shed at shore. Looks like a mini version of the trailer. It’s fully wired with an extra fridge.

might vary by town/county, but keep an eye on size. At least here, if you stay under 100 SF, you just slap it up (as long as you meet property line restrictions). But over 100 SF, it is a building structure so need plans/permits/inspections. Which is one reason 8x12 (which we have) is easily the most common size. And really does hold a ton of stuff.

I’ll need HOA approval for anything anyway, so
    may as well get what I want.

I have an 8x12 at the shore. Amazing how much you can stuff in there.

stickguy said:

well, a 3 car garage makes a difference. Darn, I want one of those! Then just have to fill it up.

But just started, an even better one. Blue SE! Stunning. absolutely perfect configuration. wonder what this one will go for?

Oooo, me likely that blue GTI.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,763
    Michaell said:

stickguy said:

Oooo, me likely that blue GTI.
    The Blue GTI is identical to mine, except different color blue. Carvana offered me $20,800 for mine, a couple weeks ago (18K miles on mine)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

I’ll go $21,000. Even. That’s even more!

Did anyone else see this in the comments section for the blue GTI on carsandbids?

we were told that the front mesh on the grill was broken in a fit of rage from the previous owner, that he kicked the grill.