Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2020 Volkswagen Tiguan SE R-line black 4 MOTION Lease

finkb22finkb22 Member Posts: 2
edited August 2020 in Volkswagen
All these terms are new to me. MF, residual, all going over my head.

Im looking to lease a an RLINE Black. The best deal I've been offered so far is $4,000 total due at signing (including taxes and fees) and $327 per month for 39 months.

its 10k miles
zip code 11369 (NYC)

They have their MSRP listed at 33,469 (before the negotiation and any incentives they put in)

wondering if anybody else out there got a better deal? How does this deal sound?

Comments

• Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,316
    finkb22 said:

All these terms are new to me. MF, residual, all going over my head.

Im looking to lease a an RLINE Black. The best deal I've been offered so far is $4,000 total due at signing (including taxes and fees) and $327 per month for 39 months.

its 10k miles
    zip code 11369 (NYC)

They have their MSRP listed at 33,469 (before the negotiation and any incentives they put in)

wondering if anybody else out there got a better deal? How does this deal sound?

.00001 and 50%
    $800 incentives

I wouldn't start any lease with $4000 out of pocket.

In NY, first payment, registration costs and sales tax should be paid at signing - maybe $2000, total.

Need the selling price and adjusted cap cost to provide any meaningful feedback.

Research payments here:
    https://www.edmunds.com/car-leasing/calculate-your-own-lease-payment.html

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    cmu80cmu80 Member Posts: 9
    edited September 2020
    Hi! That's super helpful as I am looking for a 2020 Tiguan SEL Premium R-Line 4Motion. These are the numbers I was originally quoted, as we were thinking of buying or leasing they gave us both:

Leasing:
    $40,624 MSRP - $3.5k incentive
    39months/12,000miles
    $550down, $550/month
    Included are:
    $1,904 Tax
    $690 Admin Fee
    $75 Doc Fee
    $199 VIN Etch
    $699 Acquisition Fee
    $277.50 DMV Fees

Buying:
    0% for 72months
    $609
    Breakdown:
    $38,624 Selling Price ($40,624 original -$2k incentive)
    $3,542 Tax
    $890 Admin Fee
    $75 Doc Fee
    $199 VIN Etch
    $277.50 DMV Fees
    $43,859 Total Price

We then asked for taxes and fees upfront for the 39 month / 12k miles and the "best" they could get to is $425/month (down from $475 originally) and $3,280 up-front for taxes and fees.

Zip Code: 10128 (NYC)

Is this even remotely an ok deal? What is the MF? Incentives ok?

Appreciate the guidance!
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,185
    cmu80 said:

Hi! That's super helpful as I am looking for a 2020 Tiguan SEL Premium R-Line 4Motion. These are the numbers I was originally quoted, as we were thinking of buying or leasing they gave us both:

Leasing:
    $40,624 MSRP - $3.5k incentive
    39months/12,000miles
    $550down, $550/month
    Included are:
    $1,904 Tax
    $690 Admin Fee
    $75 Doc Fee
    $199 VIN Etch
    $699 Acquisition Fee
    $277.50 DMV Fees

Buying:
    0% for 72months
    $609
    Breakdown:
    $38,624 Selling Price ($40,624 original -$2k incentive)
    $3,542 Tax
    $890 Admin Fee
    $75 Doc Fee
    $199 VIN Etch
    $277.50 DMV Fees
    $43,859 Total Price

We then asked for taxes and fees upfront for the 39 month / 12k miles and the "best" they could get to is $425/month (down from $475 originally) and $3,280 up-front for taxes and fees.

Zip Code: 10128 (NYC)

Is this even remotely an ok deal? What is the MF? Incentives ok?

Appreciate the guidance!

Is there a discount from MSRP, besides the incentives?

The "Admin Fee" is BS. It is a way around the NYS capped $75 doc fee, and seems barely legal.

I'm going to say neither of these are good deals, and you should keep shopping.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Thank you so much!

Those incentives were the only things he mentioned as discounts from MSRP. Sorry if I used the wrong terminology.

Really appreciate the feedback here and we will keep shopping!
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,185
    cmu80 said:

Thank you so much!

Those incentives were the only things he mentioned as discounts from MSRP. Sorry if I used the wrong terminology.

Really appreciate the feedback here and we will keep shopping!

39/12
    .00001 MF and 48% residual
    $2075 dealer lease cash

Effective dealer discount is $1425, but you have $900 in crap fees (VIN etch and admin), reducing the discount further to $525 (on a $40K MSRP vehicle).

With the 0% financing the dealer gets a $500 incentive from VW. Making that effective discount about the same as the lease.

On the plus side, they don't appear to be marking up the money factor on the lease. Just a bad deal on price.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Awesome feedback! You are a god. Thanks again! Will fight for a much better deal.
  • Options
    One last thing... sorry to bother, I am new to leasing a car so I am trying to do thorough research... what would be a good deal in your expert opinion in terms of amount of discount beyond the dealer lease cash?

From your numbers, I see what you mean about the $525 effective discount given the dealer lease cash and the BS fees that I will for sure fight. Based on the MSRP, that $525 is a mere 1.3% discount! What would be something achievable? Am I too aggressive trying to get 10%? That would put it close to the invoice price I saw online ($37,243).

And in case you can provide any guidance, in terms of monthly lease payment, what would be a "great" deal to aim for given that $425 I now know to be a bad deal?

I have learned so much this morning and will keep searching!
  • Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,316
    cmu80 said:

One last thing... sorry to bother, I am new to leasing a car so I am trying to do thorough research... what would be a good deal in your expert opinion in terms of amount of discount beyond the dealer lease cash?

From your numbers, I see what you mean about the $525 effective discount given the dealer lease cash and the BS fees that I will for sure fight. Based on the MSRP, that $525 is a mere 1.3% discount! What would be something achievable? Am I too aggressive trying to get 10%? That would put it close to the invoice price I saw online ($37,243).

And in case you can provide any guidance, in terms of monthly lease payment, what would be a "great" deal to aim for given that $425 I now know to be a bad deal?

I have learned so much this morning and will keep searching!

The link to help with pricing is here:
    https://forums.edmunds.com/discussion/62988/toyota/tundra/2021-toyota-tundra-lease-deals-and-prices#latest

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4