Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Can anyone review this deal for me?

wedphotogwedphotog Member Posts: 29
edited September 2020 in Honda
I've been in the market for a new vehicle. Was thinking about a Jeep, when my wife reminded me how much I liked the Passport when she was looking a couple months ago. Swung by the local dealer today, drove it, enjoyed it and got some pricing figures.

Hoping one of you guys might be able to look at the numbers and tell me if they are good or not.

Sticker: 45275 (AWD Elite)
Discount: 5336
Trade Value: 15600
Payoff: 12077

OTD at 37999.

We originally hit OTD at $40k and I said let me think it over. Sales manager came over and offered another $1k. Then as I was leaving, he waved me down and added another $1k to get me to $37999.

I know there isn't $5k in markup in these and he's over booked my car by $1100. So, it makes me feel a little weary.
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,319
    wedphotog said:

I've been in the market for a new vehicle. Was thinking about a Jeep, when my wife reminded me how much I liked the Passport when she was looking a couple months ago. Swung by the local dealer today, drove it, enjoyed it and got some pricing figures.

Hoping one of you guys might be able to look at the numbers and tell me if they are good or not.

Sticker: 45275 (AWD Elite)
    Discount: 5336
    Trade Value: 15600
    Payoff: 12077

OTD at 37999.

We originally hit OTD at $40k and I said let me think it over. Sales manager came over and offered another $1k. Then as I was leaving, he waved me down and added another $1k to get me to $37999.

I know there isn't $5k in markup in these and he's over booked my car by $1100. So, it makes me feel a little weary.

What is your location?

Is this for a purchase, or a lease?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    wedphotogwedphotog Member Posts: 29
    NC (27597) and a purchase. Drive too much to lease.
  • Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,319
    wedphotog said:

NC (27597) and a purchase. Drive too much to lease.

We don't track transaction prices, but Edmunds does, here:

https://www.edmunds.com/new-cars/

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4