Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Edmunds Members - Cars and Conversations

Comments

• tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,849
    edited October 2020
    qbrozen said:

stickguy said:

yeah, odd as it sounds, the town puts sidewalks in, but they are the responsibility of whoever's property they are on. You need to repair/replace as needed, and shovel snow. Not that many people actually do.

Yes, but with one correction: it is NOT your property, you are just responsible for it. I find the whole concept absurd. I have a runoff basin within my property boundaries. It is I'd say 1/3 of my 4.5 acres. It burns me up that I have to mow the damned thing, BUT I'm grateful it gives me so much buffer from anyone/anything else. :)
    I agree it is absurd. Is what it is I guess.

The new house has two small trees planted on the grass strip between the street and sidewalk. I’m pulling them right the heck out so that in ten years I’m not replacing that sidewalk. The roots will certainly lift it.

I suppose I’ll need HOA approval for that but knowing me I’ll do it and ask for forgiveness later.

Wife is out furniture shopping... I wonder if I should check the statement now or just wait for the damage when she tells me !

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

Michaell said:

abacomike said:

abacomike said:

. . . which one of us being of sound mind and in love with our God-given precious bodies would buy or lease a Civic Coupe (one of us guys who live and breathe cars as a hobby) for themselves as a daily driver?

Well, if my TSX were totalled tomorrow (assuming I wasn't), a Civic of some sort would certainly be on my short list as a replacement. I can still get a manual transmission, and it has enough gee-gaws to meet my modest needs. Probably Mazda would be in there too, but there's not much else.

I tried to interest her in a Mazda - even a VW or a Toyota, but her mind was set on a Honda.
    You like what you like, and there isn't much that can be done about that.

When I met my wife, she was driving a 10 year old Ford Tempo. When it came time to replace it, she got another Ford. We picked up 3 more Fords in the following years, as she was just wedded to the brand.

Now? She loves her Subaru Outback. No chance it will get replaced anytime soon (with less than 40K on it after 5+ years, why should we?).

My eye, like everyone else's here, wanders all over the place.
    Financially it makes zero sense to get rid of it ... but I just know I’d sell it, pocket the money and find a cheap lease.

All this home buying stuff has the Enclave replacement on the back burner. I haven’t even test driven anything yet. (Hangs head in shame)

• jmonroe1jmonroe1 Member Posts: 7,460

@snakeweasel,
    Maybe some quick drying cement will work for you too. ;)

That only works when you’re making shoes. :p

jmonroe

'15 Genesis Ultimate just like jmonroe's. '18 Legacy Limited with 3.6R (Mrs. j's)
  • imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,132
    edited October 2020
    abacomike said:

As to your comment about this being the first Honda Civic "punch" here, there is a reason for that - which one of us being of sound mind and in love with our God-given precious bodies would buy or lease a Civic Coupe (one of us guys who live and breathe cars as a hobby) for themselves as a daily driver? I have driven in this one where my knees were almost touching my lips while sitting in the front passenger seat! That poor salesman had to sit in the rear seat! But for a 50 year old woman/daughter who is fairly slim and stands 5'5" tall in her sneakers - it was perfect.🤓😜🤪

There are quite a few women in this area driving Civics, younger and older.

Among older ladies, the Accord gets a few and Camry gets several. Add in some Cadillac sedans and suvs, but the rest are Hyundai/Kia models. Right after Buick discontinued the leSabre and Park Avenue, many purchasers went to toyota models. But that has changed. Buick Encores are still popular along with Chevy Traxx.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

• ventureventure Member Posts: 2,860
    This was one of those days…

I had a doctors appt. at 11 am. I made an appointment to get Mrs. Ventures Ascent inspected at 2 pm. (I pay for her car. I pay for her insurance. I pay for her registration. I pay for the maintenance. All I ask is for her to let me know when It needs inspected. It expired yesterday. :'( ) So far so good.

Last evening when I got home the garage door would only open about 2 inches. One of the torsion springs had broken.

I stopped at the garage door place this morning and they said they could stop sometime today and replace the springs. They were really busy so they would call before showing up. I would be at work, but that’s only 5 minutes from my house. I mentioned I had to take the Ascent to the dealer at 2 pm. As I was on my way to the dealer, the garage door place called and said they were at my house and couldn’t get in.

When I got to the dealer they asked if I wanted it washed. I said I did not want them to wash it. They use one of those machines with the brushes on it. After I paid for the inspection and oil change, I went to the car and they washed it.

2020 Ascent Limited, 2024 Subaru Legacy Sport

• andres3andres3 Member Posts: 13,729
    abacomike said:

abacomike said:

. . . which one of us being of sound mind and in love with our God-given precious bodies would buy or lease a Civic Coupe (one of us guys who live and breathe cars as a hobby) for themselves as a daily driver?

Well, if my TSX were totalled tomorrow (assuming I wasn't), a Civic of some sort would certainly be on my short list as a replacement. I can still get a manual transmission, and it has enough gee-gaws to meet my modest needs. Probably Mazda would be in there too, but there's not much else.

I tried to interest her in a Mazda - even a VW or a Toyota, but her mind was set on a Honda.
    You missed your opportunity to flip the 2020 Mercedes to her so you could get another punch in 2020 for yourself! It's only money, right?
    '15 Audi Misano Red Pearl S4, '16 Audi TTS Daytona Gray Pearl, Wife's '19 VW Tiguan SEL 4-Motion
  • andres3andres3 Member Posts: 13,729
    tjc78 said:

qbrozen said:

stickguy said:

yeah, odd as it sounds, the town puts sidewalks in, but they are the responsibility of whoever's property they are on. You need to repair/replace as needed, and shovel snow. Not that many people actually do.

Yes, but with one correction: it is NOT your property, you are just responsible for it. I find the whole concept absurd. I have a runoff basin within my property boundaries. It is I'd say 1/3 of my 4.5 acres. It burns me up that I have to mow the damned thing, BUT I'm grateful it gives me so much buffer from anyone/anything else. :)

The new house has two small trees planted on the grass strip between the street and sidewalk. I’m pulling them right the heck out so that in ten years I’m not replacing that sidewalk. The roots will certainly lift it.

I suppose I’ll need HOA approval for that but knowing me I’ll do it and ask for forgiveness later.

Wife is out furniture shopping... I wonder if I should check the statement now or just wait for the damage when she tells me !
    Speaking of furniture, we have a puppy that apparently likes to chew everything up, including wood furniture corners!!!! If he chews something on the Audi we may not let him wait till the recommended age for that snip snip surgery procedure :worried:
    '15 Audi Misano Red Pearl S4, '16 Audi TTS Daytona Gray Pearl, Wife's '19 VW Tiguan SEL 4-Motion
    andres3 said:

abacomike said:

abacomike said:

You missed your opportunity to flip the 2020 Mercedes to her so you could get another punch in 2020 for yourself! It's only money, right?
    Don’t encourage him to spend what he plans to bequeath to me. :@

jmonroe

'15 Genesis Ultimate just like jmonroe's. '18 Legacy Limited with 3.6R (Mrs. j's)
  • oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,559

Could be a double gasket on the oil filter. Just spit balling.

That’s what I thought so he better check the oil level before driving it anywhere.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

abacomike said:

Yeah, what he said. Why does a breakdown result in someone having to buy a new car?

It does not have to result in buying a new car. We looked at several low-mileage pre-owned vehicles and for $6,000 more, she has a brand new car, a 6 year/100,000 mile warranty, and a car that "she" picked out. Her payment is for $329 a month for 75 months. Her credit scores were not good - we were lucky she was able to finance at all. 6.1% is not bad considering her existing debt and scores.

I had thought about paying the whole thing, but that gives her no responsibility for her car and I really can't afford to deplete my capital that much. $8000.00 is enough to help her get to a payment that she can barely manage on her two or three jobs (5-day job during the week and 2-part time jobs over the weekends). I did not want to get the warranty, but since she keeps her cars until they just "die", the extended warranty will provide her with a cushion should anything happen to the car after the Honda warranty is over. The warranty she purchased ($1600) also covers items such as hoses, belts, wipers, etc., above and beyond what Honda warrants. She was the one who wanted the extended warranty, not me.

Bottom line, cdnpinhead, she's my daughter, I love her, and I want her to be as happy as possible!
    All very valid reasons but the last one is the only one that matters. Funny, $8,000 is just about what I paid for my son’s car.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

andres3 said:

It's ten years away, but what if my daughter inherited the TTS as her first car? I wonder what the insurance would be? Low because it's a nearly 15 year old car at that point? OR high because she's 16 and driving a speedster? At least she'd inherit all the paint damage she's already caused on the side of the car.

Bad decision all the way. Might be a good car to teach her manual shifting but giving her a sports car as her first one can only cause problems. Get her a 15 year old Buick and tell her to save her pennies for something better.

• stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,433
    tjc78 said:

qbrozen said:

stickguy said:

our neighborhood is now going on 30 YO. and when it was built, they planted trees close to the curb (where there was no sidewalk) and in that strip between the curb and sidewalk on that side. Well, of course, they got big and now the HOA is spending money cutting down dead ones, and there are heaved sidewalks and roots running along the surface of the grass. Trees don't have good roots so don't survive and look like crap. I knew when we moved in near the beginning it was going to be a disaster. Thankfully, original owner of our house had them leave the tree out so not an issue for us.

I agree that you can just go dig them out (heck, relocate elsewhere on the property) and if anyone comes after you, just act dumb. do it really early on a Sunday morning so nobody sees you.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

Michaell said:

What's interesting is that I don't live in an incorporated town; the development our house is a part of has created an entity known as a "Metropolitan District" with the state. Sort of like a super-HOA, with the ability to levy property taxes. Law enforcement is provided by the county sheriff.

Man, I thought my town was overly regulated (I won’t mention my saga of trying to set up a card table in front of the farm) but those regulations in CO and NJ are absurd.

• 28firefighter28firefighter Member Posts: 9,333
    My first car was a Ford Taurus. Still managed to get myself into trouble with it...
    2022 Tesla Model Y Performance, 2018 BMW M240i Convertible
  • explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,250
    My house has asphalt sidewalks. There are some cracks which are easy to fill.
    There is a tree root which caused a heave, but I think it is on the town property which abuts mine.
    Being a civic minded person, I just filled the cracked heave again.
    I mow the grass in that area and remove the snow, too.
    The town guys drive by with the mower or snow tractor, but never have to stop to clean up.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
    edited October 2020
    You never know what you’ll find in a rental car. Today we were delivering pick ups to a dealer. As he cleaned out the vehicle our driver found an old speeding ticket from August in the glove box. Evidently one of our renters had been caught going over 100 mph in South Carolina. At least we know there was no carbon build up on that one.

My house has asphalt sidewalks. There are some cracks which are easy to fill.
    There is a tree root which caused a heave, but I think it is on the town property which abuts mine.
    Being a civic minded person, I just filled the cracked heave again.
    I mow the grass in that area and remove the snow, too.
    The town guys drive by with the mower or snow tractor, but never have to stop to clean up.

I’ll bet you don’t know that taking care of city/township property is tax deductible. Well at least it is in my hood. B)

jmonroe

@jmonroe1,
    I don't live in the 'hood', so it doesn't apply to me. :p
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,373

@jmonroe1,

Speaking of, my 14 year old son will be up by you on Saturday AM. He’s got a game at Avon Old Farms. I won’t be there because my 11 year old has a game in Enfield. I originally planned on driving to Avon on the way back and catching the 3rd period, but current guidelines prohibit siblings in the rink. They are also only allowing 1 spectator per player.

My 14 year old is playing for a new team this season, Darien. The 11 year old (goalie) still plays for Stamford.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• driver100driver100 Member Posts: 31,964

abacomike said:

As to your comment about this being the first Honda Civic "punch" here, there is a reason for that - which one of us being of sound mind and in love with our God-given precious bodies would buy or lease a Civic Coupe (one of us guys who live and breathe cars as a hobby) for themselves as a daily driver? I have driven in this one where my knees were almost touching my lips while sitting in the front passenger seat! That poor salesman had to sit in the rear seat! But for a 50 year old woman/daughter who is fairly slim and stands 5'5" tall in her sneakers - it was perfect.🤓😜🤪

We went to a fairly upscale restaurant last Friday, and sat outside on the patio. Saw a young lady parking her car, and it was one of these in this color too;

I was reading about a whole street downtown in our city where people are living in tents. It is near an area with restaurants....it made me think probably not a good idea to park one of these in that area.

2017 MB E400 , 2015 MB GLK350, 2014 MB C250

driver100 said:

abacomike said:

We went to a fairly upscale restaurant last Friday, and sat outside on the patio. Saw a young lady parking her car, and it was one of these in this color too;

I was reading about a whole street downtown in our city where people are living in tents. It is near an area with restaurants....it made me think probably not a good idea to park one of these in that area.

I didn’t know that you could get a Genny in that color. :o

jmonroe

• fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,092
    I am pretty sure the 85 Tempo in our family could catch air in the right situation, and the 93 Taurus was definitely good for 100+ B)

My first car was a Ford Taurus. Still managed to get myself into trouble with it...

Youth sports/hockey without mobs of insane vicarious living bulldozer parents in the stands - sounds good to me.
    nyccarguy said:

Speaking of, my 14 year old son will be up by you on Saturday AM. He’s got a game at Avon Old Farms. I won’t be there because my 11 year old has a game in Enfield. I originally planned on driving to Avon on the way back and catching the 3rd period, but current guidelines prohibit siblings in the rink. They are also only allowing 1 spectator per player.

My 14 year old is playing for a new team this season, Darien. The 11 year old (goalie) still plays for Stamford.

So they are bringing back the Accord coupe in a nice color, cool!

If some socio-economic chasms continue to expand, there are definitely a few cars that might be a bit too conspicuous.
    driver100 said:

@nyccarguy,
    Glad your son is getting the chance to play. As you know, public sports are very restricted this fall.
    I see where some of the football teams are talking about going private in order to play this fall.

@jmonroe1,

I don’t live in the ‘hood’ but I live pretty close to the ‘woods’ so can I get in on that action?

Nah, never mind, if the town applied those draconian rules to my...er...”rustic” property it would me condemned.

• snakeweaselsnakeweasel Member Posts: 19,290

That’s what I thought so he better check the oil level before driving it anywhere.
    I checked the oil level when it happened and it was full, not much was dropped onto the driveway so it should be at a usable level.

2011 Hyundai Sonata, 2014 BMW 428i convertible, 2015 Honda CTX700D

abacomike said:

Yeah, what he said. Why does a breakdown result in someone having to buy a new car?

It does not have to result in buying a new car. We looked at several low-mileage pre-owned vehicles and for $6,000 more, she has a brand new car, a 6 year/100,000 mile warranty, and a car that "she" picked out. Her payment is for $329 a month for 75 months. Her credit scores were not good - we were lucky she was able to finance at all. 6.1% is not bad considering her existing debt and scores.

I had thought about paying the whole thing, but that gives her no responsibility for her car and I really can't afford to deplete my capital that much. $8000.00 is enough to help her get to a payment that she can barely manage on her two or three jobs (5-day job during the week and 2-part time jobs over the weekends). I did not want to get the warranty, but since she keeps her cars until they just "die", the extended warranty will provide her with a cushion should anything happen to the car after the Honda warranty is over. The warranty she purchased ($1600) also covers items such as hoses, belts, wipers, etc., above and beyond what Honda warrants. She was the one who wanted the extended warranty, not me.

Bottom line, cdnpinhead, she's my daughter, I love her, and I want her to be as happy as possible!
    All very valid reasons but the last one is the only one that matters. Funny, $8,000 is just about what I paid for my son’s car.
    $8,000 is just about what I paid for my first new car (1981 Mustang).

fintail said:

Youth sports/hockey without mobs of insane vicarious living bulldozer parents in the stands - sounds good to me.

nyccarguy said:

There is only ONE vicarious living bulldozer parent allowed in the stands for each player and they must maintain social distance from the other parents:)

I live very close to the boarder of NY State. NY hasn't opened ice rinks yet. Our rink (public, funded by the City of Stamford) has rented out ice time to some of the teams in NY. Our CT teams can play NY teams in CT, but they can't play each other in NY.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

I checked the oil level when it happened and it was full, not much was dropped onto the driveway so it should be at a usable level.
    Many years ago I seem to recall once seeing some smoke from the engine after one of those quick lube places changed my oil. Some oil got on a hose or on a hot surface....eventually went away.

@nyccarguy,
    Glad your son is getting the chance to play. As you know, public sports are very restricted this fall.
    I see where some of the football teams are talking about going private in order to play this fall.

100%. Taking my kids to practice & games brings a sense of normal back into their lives.

edited October 2020
    fintail said:

I am pretty sure the 85 Tempo in our family could catch air in the right situation, and the 93 Taurus was definitely good for 100+ B)

My second car was a 93 Taurus. I actually liked it. Fully loaded except auto temp. Leather, moonroof, body cladding. Silver over grey. Sometimes people thought it was an SHO. They didn’t sell many LX modes back then.

I had it up to stupid speeds more than once. 85 MPH speedometer so nothing exact but at least 100.

after 6+ weeks from submitting everything, finally got notified Wednesday that our Refi was approved, and sent our commitment letter to accept. Did that, so now just waiting I think to be sent info on scheduling the closing (or whatever they call it on a Refi). Not quite sure if they want an updated set of documents (paystubs, bank account statement) which seems silly but rules are rules!

I did ask the officer what happens when the 60 day rate lock expires before we close, and she confirmed that since they are the ones dragging it out, they would honor the rate however long it takes.

• omarmanomarman Member Posts: 2,702
    So when I hear friends and family talking about the long slow progress of closing on a mortgage they are getting the same kind of answers back. The big thing is about documenting employment and income right up to the scheduled day of closing! Lol! serious? If so then is that just another ripple effect from covid? I don't know anyone who got sick/laid off while waiting to close but it may be the new normal for lenders to prepare for that possibility right up to the last day.
    A time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing.

abacomike said:

My first new car was a ‘66 Bonneville 2 door hard top with the 389 cubic inch V8 engine, power windows but no A/C. I’m almost positive the window sticker was $4009. Today, option packages cost more than that.

BTW, what’s the story with your oil loss situation?

jmonroe
  • graphicguygraphicguy Member Posts: 13,665
    Speaking of Civics...did 16 transports this week (not seeing any for today....YET!). 4 of them were Civics. I like them...just not the CVT versions. I can see how someone who likes a relatively sporty car, good MPG, Uber reliable, cheap to own/fix/maintain, would want one.

Weirdest transport? A Camry LE 4 cyl automatic with the TRD spoiler on the back, wheels that were best described as Dali-like and stripes that would not look out of place on a ‘90s era Trans Am. Dealer addendum sticker for all of that? $7K. I wanted to stick around to see who bought it but I was busy.
    2023 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring
  • 28firefighter28firefighter Member Posts: 9,333
    Someone made their yacht payment this week on that Camry...
    2022 Tesla Model Y Performance, 2018 BMW M240i Convertible
    I really want to see the upcoming civic remodel. I think in the spring. But would not be surprised if only the Si has a stick.

• dad23dad23 Member Posts: 866
    @graphicguy, you may have said already and I just missed it, but do have a truck you're hauling these cars with or are you running them one at a time? Just curious...
  • graphicguygraphicguy Member Posts: 13,665
    dad23 said:

@graphicguy, you may have said already and I just missed it, but do have a truck you're hauling these cars with or are you running them one at a time? Just curious...

No truck. Pick one up, bring another one back!
    2023 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring
    jmonroe1 said:

abacomike said:

My first new car was a ‘66 Bonneville 2 door hard top with the 389 cubic inch V8 engine, power windows but no A/C. I’m almost positive the window sticker was $4009. Today, option packages cost more than that.

jmonroe
    It's not leaking anymore but I still have to take it back for them to look at. Likely this afternoon.

So no hoverparent fistfights? Maybe this is a policy that shouldn't be reversed when/if things ever clear up :) Parents can wait in the car until the game is over, then maybe we'll see the real reason why kids are playing.

Rinks are "open" here, but with lots of distancing, a limited amount of people on the ice, and somewhat onerous restrictions about getting dressed (locker rooms are closed, you have to enter the rink mostly dressed and then change back in the parking lot or your car). No doubt the fear of becoming an "outbreak" location, in terms of both liability and bad PR, is on the minds of management.
    nyccarguy said:

There is only ONE vicarious living bulldozer parent allowed in the stands for each player and they must maintain social distance from the other parents:)

I live very close to the boarder of NY State. NY hasn't opened ice rinks yet. Our rink (public, funded by the City of Stamford) has rented out ice time to some of the teams in NY. Our CT teams can play NY teams in CT, but they can't play each other in NY.

Yeah, an LX was rare, and could have attractive wheels. My mom had a 93 GL, some options (I think a wheel and stereo upgrade) but no moonroof/leather or anything so fancy. IIRC, it didn't have a tach either, but as I was younger and more carefee then, I know the needle could be pegged with plenty of speed to go.
    tjc78 said:

My second car was a 93 Taurus. I actually liked it. Fully loaded except auto temp. Leather, moonroof, body cladding. Silver over grey. Sometimes people thought it was an SHO. They didn’t sell many LX modes back then.

I had it up to stupid speeds more than once. 85 MPH speedometer so nothing exact but at least 100.

jmonroe1 said:

abacomike said:

jmonroe
    It's not leaking anymore but I still have to take it back for them to look at. Likely this afternoon.
    Hopefully you burned off all of what was spilled but you should have noticed smoke on the drive home from the oil change but you can’t argue with a good outcome. That’s what started me with being a DIYer. I could screw things up just as well as a garage and it didn’t cost me a dime but a lot of knowledge was gained along the way.

jmonroe

it would help if car makers were actually making it easy to DIY. I happened to watch a video on doing an oil change on a Jetta like my daughter's. what a pain. had to get all the way underneath because the pan under the engine went all the way back to the firewall, and there were something like 11 Torx screws holding it on. So needed the car up in the air high enough to at least get a creeper under there to get them off (so it could then fall on you). Then the oil filter was in an awkward location. So just getting the underside part done was a messy job, and difficult to do without getting the car decently far off the ground.

the good old days where you could do it flat on the ground since they sat high enough and all you had to reach was the drain plug, seem to be long gone!

• sdasda Member Posts: 6,934

dad23 said:

No truck. Pick one up, bring another one back!
    Is there a lot of paperwork and inspecting involved when you deliver and pick up?

2018 VW Passat SE w/tech, 2016 Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/tech, 2006 Acura TL w/nav

jmonroe1 said:

abacomike said:

jmonroe
    Did you beat them down to an even $4000?

jmonroe1 said:

jmonroe1 said:

abacomike said:

jmonroe
    Hopefully you burned off all of what was spilled but you should have noticed smoke on the drive home from the oil change but you can’t argue with a good outcome. That’s what started me with being a DIYer. I could screw things up just as well as a garage and it didn’t cost me a dime but a lot of knowledge was gained along the way.

jmonroe

.....until that fateful day!

fintail said:

Yeah, an LX was rare, and could have attractive wheels. My mom had a 93 GL, some options (I think a wheel and stereo upgrade) but no moonroof/leather or anything so fancy. IIRC, it didn't have a tach either, but as I was younger and more carefee then, I know the needle could be pegged with plenty of speed to go.

tjc78 said:

My second car was a 93 Taurus. I actually liked it. Fully loaded except auto temp. Leather, moonroof, body cladding. Silver over grey. Sometimes people thought it was an SHO. They didn’t sell many LX modes back thenI.

I was looking for one like mine and came across this third gen. Cool time capsule, but look at that price.

https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/dealer/ford/taurus/2429633.html